cheaters

Prev13
Delmon_swgoh
110 posts Member
edited September 2023
I am more than a little disappointed that I have not heard back regarding a cheater that I turned in. I submitted a DM to @CG_Leviathan and @CG_LucifersDaddy . No response or acknowledgement has been received. It would be nice to at least receive back an acknowledgment or an ok. Or is there another process that should be followed to bring attention to this growing problem?
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Options
    You wont get a response from them. I think all you can do is watch to see if the cheater is still in the game.
  • Options
    Doubt you will or that they will even get banned. I’ve been waiting over 2months and still nothing. Bigger guilds using these cheaters to finish crancor. Totally against all terms and conditions but nothing is done
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Bigger guilds using these cheaters to finish crancor.

What
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Yup I know a 250mill guild using a cheater to finish it
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    That's not a bigger guild lol
  • Options
    Well obviously it won’t be a bigger guild that can do it without. Those guilds don’t need to lol. Obviously I meant a guild with power that shouldn’t be able to do it
  • Options
    I guess the takeaways are that 1) CG doesnt care if players violate the TOU by cheating, and 2) there is no acceptable process for reporting cheaters.

Does the community try to track cheaters? If so, and there is a listing, i would like to see it and i would be happy to provide anyone else the cheater’s name/id via pm or add to the cheater’s list. Thx.
  • Options
    There's a discord where they track cheaters and proactively reach out to their guild leaders to encourage them to boot cheaters. https://discord.com/invite/NFNhEtH

It was bad enough when the in-game report button didn't do anything and you had to jump through hoops to learn to DM Lucifers Daddy. Now that even that doesn't do anything, CG should just admit they don't police cheaters and that it's a waste of time to report.
  • Options
    Dianora wrote: »
    There's a discord where they track cheaters and proactively reach out to their guild leaders to encourage them to boot cheaters. https://discord.com/invite/NFNhEtH

It was bad enough when the in-game report button didn't do anything and you had to jump through hoops to learn to DM Lucifers Daddy. Now that even that doesn't do anything, CG should just admit they don't police cheaters and that it's a waste of time to report.

Thanks! I posted the info per the link above.
  • Options
    I've been saying for a while now, cheaters don't cost CG money. They only cost other players money, resources, time, crystals, etc.

CG has taken a similar route to Call of Duty. Sure they have anti-cheat mechanisms in place. But, COD is swamped with cheaters, but are a low level priority for them. People still play, still buy their game and other stuff, cheaters or no. CG probably figured at some point it's not worth their time because it doesn't cost them anything to let cheaters continue, only to try to police them and ban them. (Even for temp bans they'll give whales that'll just cheat again, but spend money so won't get perma-banned.) If they ban cheaters spending on the game, they lose revenue after all.

I don't blame Lucifer's Daddy or others that have to track cheaters, it isn't their fault. It's some decision-maker up top that decreased the priority level to 0.0001%.
  • Options
    2 months 😄 I've been reporting for 7 months and all cheaters are still playing.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    We know for a fact several people came here to whine about being banned
  • Options
    That was several months ago…where are those complaints now of unnecessary bans. I haven’t seen any….
  • Options
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    2 months 😄 I've been reporting for 7 months and all cheaters are still playing.

same here
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    That was several months ago…where are those complaints now of unnecessary bans. I haven’t seen any….

I was responding to "I've been reporting for 7 months and all cheaters are still playing" which is not correct.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I was responding to "I've been reporting for 7 months and all cheaters are still playing" which is not correct.

It is not right, but it happens. Everyone in my fleet shard reported this guy back in September and October. Everyday he climbs to 1 with this fleet.
    grlumkc8bq40.jpeg

• Options
    I had to cut off his name and guild at the top of the image. I posted this here in the past and the only feedback was from the moderators, that I could not post his name and guild. I needed to report him in game and not on the forums. I never received a response. That fleet does not beat a top 20 that is full of Executor and Profundity fleets. It was even more alarming when I reported it and not all his ships were level 85. This is clearly someone cheating to get 400 free crystal a day. CG has taken no action and I know from discord that multiple other people have reported this person.
  • Options
    This guy has been reported many times, and is still active. He literally solos every single GAC fight with low level toons. CG doesn't care, cheaters can be as blatant as they want and nothing happens to them. kb8dvxa95d0m.png
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

It is not right, but it happens. Everyone in my fleet shard reported this guy back in September and October. Everyday he climbs to 1 with this fleet.
    grlumkc8bq40.jpeg

Not relevant to what I said.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    This guy has been reported many times, and is still active. He literally solos every single GAC fight with low level toons. CG doesn't care, cheaters can be as blatant as they want and nothing happens to them. kb8dvxa95d0m.png

pm me the gac page from swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Keydash1 wrote: »

This is so egregious. It's incredible that CG won't implement anything to proactively catch (and perma-ban) this level of nonsense instead of waiting for the players to report them and then still do virtually nothing. Shameful.
  • Options
    How does the cheating even work? Do they literally hack the game, or is it a glitch? I’m a fairly new player and I don’t want to run into these types of guys.
  • Options
    Crosshair wrote: »
    How does the cheating even work? Do they literally hack the game, or is it a glitch? I’m a fairly new player and I don’t want to run into these types of guys.

The proper cheaters use APKs that can hack their offensive stats (you can’t cheat on defence) - so it’s a conscious straight on the naughty list bit of housery rather than exploiting a bug. If you’re thinking about it - don’t.
  • Options
    One thing i want in game is also match log which shows teams to used every match..
    Gac and tw too.
    Why i'm able to look those ga-matches in swgoh.gg but not in game?
    I bet that more transparency makes good to track more cheaters down
  • Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Crosshair wrote: »

The proper cheaters use APKs that can hack their offensive stats (you can’t cheat on defence) - so it’s a conscious straight on the naughty list bit of housery rather than exploiting a bug. If you’re thinking about it - don’t.

https://youtu.be/czR4qJbkSuc
  • Options

Well, I think what needs to be done is find the ISP's of these cheaters, and then find a SWGOH player that works at that ISP as an account service representative, and have that service rep give the cheater dial-up internet bandwidth.
  • Options
    I believe that i have encountered my first cheater in GAC today.
  • Options

Well, I think what needs to be done is find the ISP's of these cheaters, and then find a SWGOH player that works at that ISP as an account service representative, and have that service rep give the cheater dial-up internet bandwidth.

Oh, man, this would cross so many lines.

What needs to be done is for CG to start dealing with the problem with a greater degree of urgency, and being vocal about it. They could devote one person to the effort for a week or so and knock out all of the most obvious cheaters in a very short period of time. Considering so much of the work has already been done by people like sigsig, this seems like a REALLY easy win for them. Really, they ought to be paying that guy...
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    That would be nice. Only satisfaction we are getting is msg the guild leader everytime he hops and having him booted just before events.
This discussion has been closed.