regarding Traya Omni refund

Replies

• Options
    Series of events are in wrong order here. Even the discussions about the change comes after change is announced. I don't see any discussions about a potential nerf. More like a discussion on a decided nerf (that we didn't know the content of) to be retracted before it happens.
  • Options
    I applied my Traya omicron well before the announcement of any nerf and I’ve not had it refunded.

Has anyone had their mats refunded?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    I applied my Traya omicron well before the announcement of any nerf and I’ve not had it refunded.

Has anyone had their mats refunded?

refund is upcoming week
  • Options
    Exactly, was going to say I don’t think there was any in-game notification. Not everyone checks the forums/YouTube/etc daily so it’s pretty reasonable that within a certain time frame it’s not common knowledge yet. Would be nice if those forum dev posts got pushed as in-game messaging as well…
    Ultra wrote: »

I don't think 12 hours is enough time for someone to know an omicron ability was changed without any explicit in-game messaging (and even then I would give the player some benefit of the doubt)

Might have a busy day or doesn't check the updates often etc

• Options
    The ingame support is outsourced with very little authority (if any) to give anything back. Would go straight to EA complaints but lets face it, you will never get a resolution on this.
  • Options
    I actually didn’t know traya omicron was getting refunded. Good on CG. It does pose the question as to why they did not refund other omnicrons when they were changed. Didn’t they say something like if the character isn’t changed they don’t have to refund omnicrons? Why has that changed now? If they do indeed refund traya that means things they have said in the past concerning this issue were made up excuses. Or perhaps they have had a change of heart.

While I’m glad Traya is getting a refund it’s concerning CG is just making up rules as they go and changing them whenever they want.
  • Options
    12thParsec wrote: »
    I actually didn’t know traya omicron was getting refunded. Good on CG. It does pose the question as to why they did not refund other omnicrons when they were changed. Didn’t they say something like if the character isn’t changed they don’t have to refund omnicrons? Why has that changed now? If they do indeed refund traya that means things they have said in the past concerning this issue were made up excuses. Or perhaps they have had a change of heart.

While I’m glad Traya is getting a refund it’s concerning CG is just making up rules as they go and changing them whenever they want.

For all failings of cg, it's rather obvious that they consider things on case-by-case basis and not one broad brush of policy. Traya change very obviously falls into this territory since it fundamentally changes the omicron unlike some other changes.
  • Options
    Sucks that you couldn't get a refund but it is what it is

That's how customer service interactions usually go, sometimes you are lucky enough to get a refund, sometimes not

I'll try and ask meathead and crumb if they can do something about it on monday (no guarantee they will) but if not, then you gotta stick with what you have

Can I pwetty pwease get access to this direct pipeline?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    DarthGrff wrote: »

That's how customer service interactions usually go, sometimes you are lucky enough to get a refund, sometimes not

I'll try and ask meathead and crumb if they can do something about it on monday (no guarantee they will) but if not, then you gotta stick with what you have

You have to get chosen to be a moderator.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

g7vl49yx3jzf.gif
  • Options
    Well, couldn't they just refund all Traya omicrons without exception? That would solve it all. It's not like there's an ongoing GAC where anybody would have had any benefit from applying the omicron after the changes were made.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

g7vl49yx3jzf.gif

But why
  • PeachyPeachSWGOH
    792 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Well, couldn't they just refund all Traya omicrons without exception? That would solve it all. It's not like there's an ongoing GAC where anybody would have had any benefit from applying the omicron after the changes were made.

That's where I'm confused with the OP's story. If I remember correctly meathead's message only said that the refund was going to come in "next week during one of the server updates", meaning this week. Nothing was said about qualifying for the refund, so presumably everybody who has the omi applied at the time of refund will get it?
  • Options

g7vl49yx3jzf.gif

But why
    Cause why not
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    "Why should we consider you for this job position?"

"Why not?"

Well good luck I guess.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    What I have learned with my interactions with customer service in they know nothing about the game so, good luck on anything with it.
  • Options

Ultra, not sure if you came through with Meathead or Crumb, but I did, in fact, get the refund. Much appreciated..
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    pHoEniX2 wrote: »

Ultra, not sure if you came through with Meathead or Crumb, but I did, in fact, get the refund. Much appreciated..

i did suggest to them that you should get a refund but idk if they listened to me or refunded everyone; even those who applied the omicron for the past few days until the omicron refund this week
  • Options
    I think it’s the latter — I applied after the nerf (was just waiting to see what it would be), and I got refunded as well. Maybe your suggestion factored into that decision to just refund everyone across the board.
    i did suggest to them that you should get a refund but idk if they listened to me or refunded everyone; even those who applied the omicron for the past few days until the omicron refund this week

• Options
    Not for nothing and not really the point, but it's still a good omi. Just doesn't work against LV anymore. But can still punch up on many non GL squads.
  • Options
    I'm not going to reapply it. I got to test it for free this GAC (I didn't re-save my GAC roster after the refund, so she still has it applied this GAC) and I don't see the value of it above what she could already do without it
  • Options
    The refunds have gone out? Did I miss it?
  • Options
    I received mine a few hours prior to GAC starting, via inbox
  • Options
    You don’t think access to a near-instant annihilate is worth it?

Do you, boo.. *sips tea*
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    I'm not going to reapply it. I got to test it for free this GAC (I didn't re-save my GAC roster after the refund, so she still has it applied this GAC) and I don't see the value of it above what she could already do without it

• Ragnarok_COTF
    1791 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »

Do you, boo.. *sips tea*

You didn't answer his question. What can Traya reliably beat with the omi that she can't without? Most responses I've seen are for sketchy counters or ways for G12 trio to be lifted to viability.
  • Options
    Well, ignoring the fact that there wasn’t a question being asked…

To answer your question - I would guess Malgus for one, but we’ll need to see how the data plays out over this GAC cycle.

Do you, boo.. *sips tea*

You didn't answer his question. What can Traya reliably beat with the omi that she can't without? Most responses I've seen are for sketchy counters or ways for G12 trio to be lifted to viability.
  • Options

To answer your question - I would guess Malgus for one, but we’ll need to see how the data plays out over this GAC cycle.

Do you, boo.. *sips tea*

You're right, he didn't phrase it as a question :D

Malgus was very risky in 3v3. I had a few guildmates try it yesterday and reported losses each. If someone can find a way to make it reliable, great. But I'm still waiting to see that.
  • Options
    Definitely not Malgus I can say from personal experience this GAC
  • Options
    😎

But all joking aside, that’s a major bummer if the nerf wrecked the Malgus counter as well!!

Do you know if those testing ran Nihilus lead or Traya lead? Also - if it’s with the full DR/BSF/Malak lineup, pretty sure that couldn’t be reliably beaten before the nerf anyway, very high risk of timeout.

I had my mats refunded as well despite applying after the nerf, and my refund didn’t hit until after GAC lock, so I have a chance to test it a bit or decide to go elsewhere, like one of SK’s specials or Juhani. So far my first matchup didn’t yield any useful info bc my opponent placed a fairly weak defense.

I do still think access to a fast annihilate is going to be very useful in a lot of situations. Maybe Traya doesn’t beat something she didn’t before, but extra roster flexibility is gold in GAC, and getting rid of an annoying toon fast plus all the other bonuses can mean extr banners, which can make the difference in an efficiency match. Also - since the LV counter was all the rage in 3s, how many other comps have really been thoroughly tested? I’d be curious how Traya performs in a variety of Sith lineups (like putting her under Malgus with Talon and splitting DR/BSF/Malak off on their own team)…. I suspect there will be a lot of useful applications we haven’t thought up/tested yet (or even against teams/units yet to be released).

Do you, boo.. *sips tea*

You're right, he didn't phrase it as a question :D

Malgus was very risky in 3v3. I had a few guildmates try it yesterday and reported losses each. If someone can find a way to make it reliable, great. But I'm still waiting to see that.

• Options
    To be clear, I'm not saying it's useless. I'm saying it's not worth 20 omi mats in its current form until data shows me otherwise.

Iden, Zam, Wampa, Savage, SK, Malgus, Ben are transformative omis whose impacts easily justify the expense, imo.