Bronzium wiring crunch?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    From what I've seen, people playing longer have less issues w/ a lot of the Relic mats because they have much larger stock piles of gear built up.

I started in 2019 so I'm at 4.5 years & I feel the Bronzium Crunch all the time.
    Sure, I farm tons of Shock Prods but I just finished my 6th GL in 2 years & working on Lev now.
    All those Relic levels that quick has long since drained the stockpile.

• Options
    @Schwartzring Try farming 1 refresh/ day on the Fleet 1-D normal node that gives the BW gear. (it's the DataPad)

It's kinda surprising how much faster you accumulate BWs that way. It is 50 crystals/day, but if you can fit it into your budget, you can finally keep up with everything else.

Give it a whirl for a week or two, then report back on what you find. Maybe it is just different for me b/c of where I'm at in the game, but I suspect that it would work for you as well... again, if you can afford it.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Several of the gear available for mk1 raid currency can also be scrapped for bronziums. I know this currency also can be used for a lot of core gear, but if you reach a point where the core gear crunch starts to ease up, you can spend on bronzium gear instead to avoid capping out.
  • Options
    From what I've seen, people playing longer have less issues w/ a lot of the Relic mats because they have much larger stock piles of gear built up.

I started in 2019 so I'm at 4.5 years & I feel the Bronzium Crunch all the time.
    Sure, I farm tons of Shock Prods but I just finished my 6th GL in 2 years & working on Lev now.
    All those Relic levels that quick has long since drained the stockpile.

i think that there was a window for the people getting crunched. i started my main in like march 2021 and i am feeling a tough crunch. then, i started my alt in march 2022 (the date is a little hazy- may have been april) and there is no crunch at all on that. then again, i just started the alt for fun and went for all the new characters that i wouldn’t be doing on the main so the shards took forever to farm. i may be wrong, but if you started close to when the gear accelerated, it may have made a lesser crunch, while if you started just a few years prior to the acceleration the crunch catches up to you.
  • Options
    @Schwartzring Try farming 1 refresh/ day on the Fleet 1-D normal node that gives the BW gear. (it's the DataPad)

It's kinda surprising how much faster you accumulate BWs that way. It is 50 crystals/day, but if you can fit it into your budget, you can finally keep up with everything else.

Give it a whirl for a week or two, then report back on what you find. Maybe it is just different for me b/c of where I'm at in the game, but I suspect that it would work for you as well... again, if you can afford it.

Thanks, I had to look that one up.
    8 Energy for a DP isn't bad.
    I see 2F is also a solid node, 10 Energy but you get 3 lower pieces for BW, same value as DP in total, and a G12 piece that goes w/ Fusion Furnaces so that one would be good too.

I can afford most refreshes, I rarely spend on anything else, I do 6-12 refreshes (+0-3 w/ Conquest) a day depending on the day.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I did nothing special for this besides being an early player.
    moc3fdb1ut7l.png

And cheated. Why are you still posting.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I did nothing special for this besides being an early player.
    moc3fdb1ut7l.png

And cheated. Why are you still posting.

They aren't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I had a bowl of Bronzium Wiring Crunch for breakfast this morning. It was both satisfying and delicious.
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options
    I see 2F is also a solid node, 10 Energy but you get 3 lower pieces for BW, same value as DP in total, and a G12 piece that goes w/ Fusion Furnaces so that one would be good too.

Ooh, thanks, @Schwartzring . I hadn't noticed that one yet. I'll give it a try tonight and see what the totals are and how that converts. If it's the same as the Datapads I'll probably Switch to 2F for a while until I'm just too heavy with the Fusion Furnace piece. 2 extra energy for a chance at a FF piece is a good deal, but once you have all you can use in the foreseeable future, I'll probably go back to 1-D.

...unless 4x 2F = 5x1D for BWs, in which case the difference in energy cost is fully paid by the extra BWs and the FF pieces are free... in which case it would be silly not to take them.
  • Options
    The 8 energy node is better if all your doing is farming for BW scrap.

My thought was that for 10 Energy you'd get the same BW scrap totals on average & some Gold Cuffs as well which is pretty cheap.
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree with you Schwartz: because the blue and purple gear salvage have lower drop rates, it looks like you'll only get 75-85% of the BW salvage. So... in conversion, it's about 6-6.5 energy points worth of BW salvage + those Mk12 Stun Cuffs.

So... as long as you're looking for Mk12 salvage, you can use this to build up Stun Cuffs so your Mk2 Raid tokens can be saved for other gear pieces. If you eventually get too many stun cuffs though, you get a bit more BW salvage for a bit less energy going the 1D route. Looks like I'm building up a stash of Mk12 gold Stun Cuffs.