Just to clear this out!! (Advantage)

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Heisen wrote: »
    OP has a point. However I do wonder why then they didn't just nerf advantage to something like 50% armor penetration or something. Perhaps they felt that giving more crit synergies would be more interesting?

Probably... it is more interesting that change in my opinion...
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    @Greg1920 I believe it would be a buff within this meta and a debuff/nerf to the upcoming one.

That assumes a path dependant change.

The ability will cause more damage to be done in the new system then the current system. -- buff

In relative terms, not necessarily. We have no idea how protection will work or how much of it we'll get at each gear level above 7.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    @Greg1920 I believe it would be a buff within this meta and a debuff/nerf to the upcoming one.

That assumes a path dependant change.

The ability will cause more damage to be done in the new system then the current system. -- buff

In relative terms, not necessarily. We have no idea how protection will work or how much of it we'll get at each gear level above 7.
    No mention of whether or not it will shield from debuffs for example.

• Options
    @HaloWars29 yes, I was probably wrong that it was a nerf, that is why I change the post to "Balance" as it is NOT a buff.
    @rainpro very true and not only FO order but also those who have high crit chance. Some characters as IG86 won't see that much of an improvement.
  • Options
    @Jabberwocky very true. It is very important also to know if advantage providing 100% crit chance to abilities or only to basics.
  • Options
    @Jabberwocky very true. It is very important also to know if advantage providing 100% crit chance to abilities or only to basics.

It can only be to damage, you won't see a DoT and a half applied for a critical hit.
    That said, it should crit special damage attacks like JC's Attack as Defense special. I guess we'll see?
  • Options

It can only be to damage, you won't see a DoT and a half applied for a critical hit.
    That said, it should crit special damage attacks like JC's Attack as Defense special. I guess we'll see?

I hope so! We'll see.
  • Options
    rainpro wrote: »
    Ya... so I don't know how many of you actually play FO but it's not like they don't crit a ton already. The change to advantage isn't going to benefit FO much in that aspect. Also the change to FOO does not seem like a good change from what's been datamined but I hope what we've seen is wrong. I hope the dev comment on the reddit forums proves correct and this is in fact better for FO. We'll just have to wait and see.

The only one that has a high crit chance in FO is FOTP, the others honestly don't crit too often. Maybe FOO, but Kylo, Phasma, and maybe FOST can benefit greatly from this. And since Phasma's ability grants everyone crit for a turn, you really have a lot of control of when you want to dish out damage for one round. I think this change can really make FO competitive. Then you have FOO granting another character Advantage, theirs another crit. FOST has his ability that grants himself Advantage, another crit. And FOTP can also grant himself Advantage, so many crits are possible. Xd
  • Options
    HaloWars29 wrote: »
    Ya... so I don't know how many of you actually play FO but it's not like they don't crit a ton already. The change to advantage isn't going to benefit FO much in that aspect. Also the change to FOO does not seem like a good change from what's been datamined but I hope what we've seen is wrong. I hope the dev comment on the reddit forums proves correct and this is in fact better for FO. We'll just have to wait and see.

The only one that has a high crit chance in FO is FOTP, the others honestly don't crit too often. Maybe FOO, but Kylo, Phasma, and maybe FOST can benefit greatly from this. And since Phasma's ability grants everyone crit for a turn, you really have a lot of control of when you want to dish out damage for one round. I think this change can really make FO competitive. Then you have FOO granting another character Advantage, theirs another crit. FOST has his ability that grants himself Advantage, another crit. And FOTP can also grant himself Advantage, so many crits are possible. Xd

How farmable is a FO team (one really competitive, maybe 3 to 4 FO) ? I already have Phasma 7*, Kylo 60/80 to unlock and that is about it.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Im just concerned for the new Advantage having proper Synergy with FOTP.

FOTP's second abiltiy already gives almost a guaranteed crit if you have the Advantage buff. But with the new advantage, that bonus will be useless.
  • Options
    @AdamW and that is not the only case...
  • Options

How farmable is a FO team (one really competitive, maybe 3 to 4 FO) ? I already have Phasma 7*, Kylo 60/80 to unlock and that is about it.

Those 2 are the easier ones to farm, the others take a LONG time to get up to 7*, my FOTP and FOST are still 6*, and I've been farming then since they were released. FOO doesn't have any hard nodes to farm along side his cantina shipments, so he takes quite a while to farm aswell. I would guess about 3-5 months to farm them, depending on your shard drop luck.
  • Options
    Curious to see advantage play an effect in the future with characters like Geo, Nute, and Greedo who either gain turn meter or bonus attack on crit hit...
  • Options

I hope you're right.
  • Options
    @DarthCalvin I have greedo max stars and almost max gear :wink: I would love to have a nice advantage with advantage for him
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    I've managed to find out the new formula for the change. NDA won't allow me to say who this is for although.

math-beauty-equation.jpg
  • Options
    Waz675 wrote: »
    I've managed to find out the new formula for the change. NDA won't allow me to say who this is for although.

math-beauty-equation.jpg

Loool