Grab your popcorn, it's watch the cheaters get banned day!

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36634 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    We get these threads for GAC cheaters too so it isn't that.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    5041 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Understood but it seems the majority think it isnt cheating if it isn’t against another person.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Understood but it seems the majority think it isnt cheating if it isn’t against another person.

I like to think that they were acting under the delusion that nobody cared as long as it wasn't pvp, and so they've been caught with their metaphorical pants down. Maybe they thought CG was checking peoples GAC history on swgoh.gg to catch cheaters and that was the only way :D

"How could you catch me! My GAC history on swgoh.gg is clean!"
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder if a lot of these people are purchasing pre-configured hacked accounts, and being told that CG isn't checking for PvE hacks therefore they're fine... now that they're being caught, they don't have recourse for refund with the black market vendor, so they're trying to get CG to restore the account. They feel like they "didn't cheat" but they of course still broke the ToS. If you read between the lines, a lot of the stories on the forum would line up with this chain of events..
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I don’t think it matters. Buying accounts is still against the TOS, and if this discourages that too then great. The story doesn’t matter if the account was cheating, as no scenario excuses it. IMO it’s a pointless exercise to try to sympathize because zero tolerance = zero sympathy.

Edit: cleaned up the punctuation
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    I literally said that it’s still a ToS violation in my last comment.

Nor was I sympathizing with them, and it’s unclear why you would even read that into my post, because nothing I said indicates or suggests that at all.

I’m simply hypothesizing as to the nature of the infractions, due to the observed response. If what I said is true, it would explain why many of them are so angry/make the arguments they do.
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    I don’t think it matters. Buying accounts is still against the TOS, and if this discourages that too then great. The story doesn’t matter if the account was cheating, as no scenario excuses it. IMO it’s a pointless exercise to try to sympathize because zero tolerance = zero sympathy.

• nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »

Nor was I sympathizing with them, and it’s unclear why you would even read that into my post, because nothing I said indicates or suggests that at all.

I’m simply hypothesizing as to the nature of the infractions, due to the observed response. If what I said is true, it would explain why many of them are so angry/make the arguments they do.

And how exactly does any of this make it matter?

I wasn’t attacking you in my other post, merely pointing out that theorizing or discussing how and why someone may not have cheated is a pointless exercise, because it doesn’t affect the chain of events. It involves information we don’t have access to. It’s a process we aren’t part of. So someone gets banned, let them make their case to Leviathan; we don’t need to gossip about them or the process.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Then why are you even bothering to respond to my comment, if it’s so “pointless”?

There’s a lot of “pointless” activity on these forums. Heck the game itself is “pointless”.

So what?

And no you weren’t attacking me, but you were implying meaning that wasn’t there. That’s a lot of effort to put into something “pointless”.

And how exactly does any of this make it matter?

I wasn’t attacking you in my other post, merely pointing out that theorizing or discussing how and why someone may not have cheated is a pointless exercise, because it doesn’t affect the chain of events. It involves information we don’t have access to. It’s a process we aren’t part of. So someone gets banned, let them make their case to Leviathan; we don’t need to gossip about them or the process.

• Options
    Then why are you even bothering to respond to my comment, if it’s so “pointless”?

There’s a lot of “pointless” activity on these forums. Heck the game itself is “pointless”.

So what?
    Because there is a difference between a post being pointless and a hypothesis not mattering.
    And no you weren’t attacking me, but you were implying meaning that wasn’t there. That’s a lot of effort to put into something “pointless”.
    You’re a pretty smart person. I’m pretty sure you are aware that the meaning of a post has more to do with how the reader reads it than what the writer meant. And while I understood your hypothesis, you may have missed that it was chipping away at zero tolerance.

Anyway, I won’t keep going back and forth about this. You shared a hypothesis, I shared my opinion of it. Let’s move on.

• KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Umm.. no. You originally tried to project that I was sympathizing with those being banned, or trying to excuse their behavior in some way, and when I called you out on it, now you're backpedaling with semantics and deflection.

Since you're so smart, you should also know not to assume tone in text-based communication, that isn't clearly stated.

Further, my opinion shared in a thread about all of us celebrating cheaters being banned, has absolutelyzero impact whatsoever on CG's tolerance of the described behavior. It's not chipping away at anything, and this entire thread is pointless and doesn't matter anyway, yet you felt the need to single out my response with your shenanigans?

Again, if it's SO POINTLESS, why are you even responding to me, or in this thread at all? Just admit you were wrong, and move on. Or just move on, but stop trying to maneuver like you somehow "one-upped" me by pointing out that my hypothesis has no real world impact on anything. Of course it doesn't. Good job there, Sherlock.

Edit: typo

So what?
    Because there is a difference between a post being pointless and a hypothesis not mattering.
    You’re a pretty smart person. I’m pretty sure you are aware that the meaning of a post has more to do with how the reader reads it than what the writer meant. And while I understood your hypothesis, you may have missed that it was chipping away at zero tolerance.

Anyway, I won’t keep going back and forth about this. You shared a hypothesis, I shared my opinion of it. Let’s move on.

• Options
    Umm.. no. You originally tried to project that I was sympathizing with those being banned, or trying to excuse their behavior in some way, and when I called you out on it, now you're backpedaling with semantics and deflection.

Since you're so smart, you should also know not to assume tone in text-based communication, that isn't clearly stated.

Further, my opinion shared in a thread about all of us celebrating cheaters being banned, has absolutelyzero impact whatsoever on CG's tolerance of the described behavior. It's not chipping away at anything, and this entire thread is pointless and doesn't matter anyway, yet you felt the need to single out my response with your shenanigans?

Again, if it's SO POINTLESS, why are you even responding to me, or in this thread at all? Just admit you were wrong, and move on. Or just move on, but stop trying to maneuver like you somehow "one-upped" me by pointing out that my hypothesis has no real world impact on anything. Of course it doesn't. Good job there, Sherlock.

Edit: typo

So what?

I’m not maneuvering anything, my point has been consistent. I’m also not the one resorting to name calling in their arguments.

You think I’m wrong, fine. But calm down and stop making it personal.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    It really hasn't. But it has been just as meaningless as the post you originally responded to. Also, pointing out that you're stating the obvious, doesn't negate the rest of what I said.
    I’m not maneuvering anything, my point has been consistent. I’m also not the one resorting to name calling in their arguments.

I'm not making or taking anything personal, you just can't admit you were wrong in your initial assessment. Fair enough!
    You think I’m wrong, fine. But calm down and stop making it personal.

And yet, here you still are...
    Anyway, I won’t keep going back and forth about this.

• Options
    @Ultra do you want to close this thread? It's moved way off the topic of making fun of cheaters complaining about their bans.
  • Options
    please don’t close it.

i love making up cheater excuses
  • Screerider
    1393 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone said they're "mostly cheat-free" yet?
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Has anyone said they're "mostly cheat-free" yet?

"You can't be 'mostly cheat free! I'm an ACTUAL CFP (cheat-free-player) and you saying that makes me look bad! You can't use that term, only we can!"
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options
    @Ultra do you want to close this thread? It's moved way off the topic of making fun of cheaters complaining about their bans.

Are you kidding, these are THE REASONS we have our popcorn ready!!
  • Options
    el_mago wrote: »

Think what we do is watch cheaters complain, not us legit and fair people argue with each other...
    Hello there.
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options
    el_mago wrote: »

Think what we do is watch cheaters complain, not us legit and fair people argue with each other...

i see your point, but either way, i am enjoying the popcorn...