Grab your popcorn, it's watch the cheaters get banned day!

Prev1
Days like these are so fun! How do you guys celebrate these mini-holidays?

I personally celebrate by keeping a tab open at my desk for every cheater thread, and hitting refresh on them all every hour or so. It's better than a cup of coffee!

To the devs (and Ultra) who stepped up here: THANK YOU! We really appreciate you cleaning up the game of cheaters, and the added entertainment (long live the train guy).

Replies

• KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    :D it's definitely my favorite sub-genre of SWGOH content lately
  • Options
    I just wish the excuses were more creative than "xx family member was using my account" :D
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    "I was possessed by a mummy"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    When someone cheats in every battle in GAC and says he doesn't cheat and doesn't know why he got banned:

i-feel-alive-andy-bernard.gif
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    "I was possessed by a mummy"

"Covid made me delirious, and when I woke up I had CLS with G2 reqs!" It wasn't my fault!"
  • Options
    I wonder what causes it all to fall on particular days. Maybe the bans all happen in a large group and then everyone takes to the forums to plead their case? All the same, makes for great television.
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Abe_Fr0man wrote: »
    I wonder what causes it all to fall on particular days. Maybe the bans all happen in a large group and then everyone takes to the forums to plead their case? All the same, makes for great television.
    Its a mix of things

CG are banning daily and on large batches in-between (each large ban wave has its own story and factors that led to it) and they are doing their due diligence for large ban waves but still a small handful might be legitimate players, so they do take all ban appeal requests seriously and some have gotten overturned by posting about it and making threads on forums

We had one large batch yesterday so there will be a large influx today and next few days

Can't say anymore than that nor do they tell me much about why xyz was banned or what the ban wave was for

But if you did cheat in the past, or are cheating or have considered cheating in any part of the game such as:

1. Any PvP game mode
    2. Any PvE game mode
    3. Resources (illegally acquiring Crystals, gear, mods, credits, etc)

You will be caught and permanently banned, it doesn't matter if you have are a 100k GP player or a 10 million GP player (and you can see a lot of 9 mil+ players get banned on tracking discord servers), CG has a zero tolerance policy towards it

You do it today, you might not be banned tonight but in a week or a month or so on, you will be eventually caught
  • Options
    Hooray!! It makes me so happy to see that cheaters are being dealt with appropriately. Thank you CG!
  • Options
    That's good to know, Ultra! thanks!
  • Options
    I like how it brings us all together. We have our differences of opinions and argue here and there. But when it comes to dumping on cheaters, we're a family :)
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    "We are family, I got all my swgoh's with me"

nvhvxzdfbkwv.gif
  • Options
    I just wish the excuses were more creative than "xx family member was using my account" :D

"Guys, Skynet grew sentient and its first step to destroy humanity was to hijack my account and ruin Galaxy of Heroes for other players."
    Hello there.
  • el_mago
    753 posts Member
    Options

"Guys, Skynet grew sentient and its first step to destroy humanity was to hijack my account and ruin Galaxy of Heroes for other players."

Ooh,that was a good one. How about these:

"Well, you see, I had ChatGPT open and I asked it to play a GAC match for me and when I got back I had all these crystals. I don't know what happened, but I spent them fifteen minutes ago and I haven't cheated since then, so I think it's unfair that I've been banned."

"IT WAS THE ONE-ARMED MAN!!!"
  • Options
    Abe_Fr0man wrote: »

It was right after attack phase
  • Options
    el_mago wrote: »

Ooh,that was a good one. How about these:

"Well, you see, I had ChatGPT open and I asked it to play a GAC match for me and when I got back I had all these crystals. I don't know what happened, but I spent them fifteen minutes ago and I haven't cheated since then, so I think it's unfair that I've been banned."

"IT WAS THE ONE-ARMED MAN!!!"

“Look man i swear i didn’t cheat to get all these crystals, i found them on a crystal growing tree!”
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    They blackmailed me into cheating by theatening to give my daughter back her old nose…
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Live video feed of me waiting for the “wrongfully banned” to come back and proclaim their innocence…

zlpn66ecqacl.gif
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    znd6skgl13jx.gif
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    I got one:

“I was taken hostage by enemy forces. They stole my phone and tortured the passcode out of me. they cheated on there, it wasn’t me, i had nothing to do with it”
  • DMG_SW
    215 posts Member
    Options
    el_mago wrote: »
    "Well, you see, I had ChatGPT open and I asked it to play a GAC match for me and when I got back I had all these crystals.

ChatGPT downloaded stolen credit card data to buy crystals to unlock every GL on my Alt in under a day. Has anyone ever seen a 100% FTP account like mine unlock every GL this quickly? 100% FTP to play, btw.

• Options
    🍿🍿
  • Options
    On that topic...

"So uh, I grabbed some popcorn but I think some of it got into my phone and messed around with some code."

I think we might be at the risk of derailment now.
    Hello there.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    They blackmailed me into cheating by theatening to give my daughter back her old nose…

What a great spaceballs reference
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

1cc1ua94co4i.gif
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Crosshair
    71 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    This is why I don’t cheat. When I’ve thought about it for more than two seconds, it’s such a dumb decision to make. You will always get caught, especially if you’re dumb enough to do it in multiplayer.
  • Options
    I had no idea it was possible to cheat in a game like this. It never crossed my mind.
  • Options
    I don't understand why cheaters deny cheating and ask for their account to be restored. If someone is actually banned by mistake, they will never be believed because of them.
  • Options
    I don't understand why cheaters deny cheating and ask for their account to be restored. If someone is actually banned by mistake, they will never be believed because of them.

Unfortunately, as might be obvious from them cheating in the first place, they don't care about other players.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Seems most of the cheaters think it isnt cheating if it isnt in any arena or GA.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?