CG outdid themselves this conquest

Prev1345678
LordDirt
5029 posts Member
Nice global feats
Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Replies

• StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, looks much easier than last time. Looking forward to it.
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Easier? Got some cheese already or are you a whale?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

No? The only one that is probably an issue is Tuskens, and unless there's some node for low star/low gear that can win I'll just skip it.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    yeah seems like the usual "ship conquest isn't as bad" conquest
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Not necessarily easier - but more pain free.
    Like the "no leader" feat gone is great. You can properly play it.
    Still holding back a bit with the "joy", cause maybe it gets harder with changes to Datadiscs, but... at least some annoying crap feats are gone "50 times Masters Training" ugh..
  • Options

JML cheese is best cheese.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Blubcop
    381 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

No? The only one that is probably an issue is Tuskens, and unless there's some node for low star/low gear that can win I'll just skip it.

Low gear Cere and Cal are up for the challenge?
  • Options
    You can skip 34 keycards so it's still doable without all the newest characters maxed out. These feats are less grindy than the last round so I'll take that and the sector feats aren't too bad to get either.
  • StarSon
    7466 posts Member
    Options
    Blubcop wrote: »

Why wouldn't they be? Same as always for these. JML/Wat and use the JML assist call to get kils to Cere/Cal.
  • Options

Why wouldn't they be? Same as always for these. JML/Wat and use the JML assist call to get kils to Cere/Cal.

That would seem to be the way. We'll have to see whether that works.

There just seems to be even more new characters than usual that are embedded in global, Boss and MiniBoss feats.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    nottenst wrote: »

Why wouldn't it?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Why wouldn't it?

I would be surprised if it doesn't work, otherwise that feat plus Tuskens and Doctor Aphra eliminates red crate right off the bat.
  • Options
    These feats are less grindy than the last round

What? Are you kidding? NS has always been terrible at conquest. One of the Tuskens isn't even farmable, and don't make me laugh with the Cere/Cal feats. They don't have to survive: they have to actually defeat your enemies.

I can tell you that I won't be engaging in this conquest nearly as much as I did the last couple. Certainly I won't be bothering to get Red Crate this time.

Which is, of course, what they want. They know we can cheese things, but they also know that cheesing things over and over on the same node is not fun.

They're deliberately sabotaging fun for the people who don't pay for the latest characters. I'll get red crate on the 2nd or 3rd go-round of this conquest, but I'm not tolerating this.

You know, it used to be that I thought that CG didn't understand how the repetition of identical nodes kills fun.

I am now convinced that they're consciously, deliberately crafting the game to kill the fun as a way to preserve the exclusivity of top-end Conquest rewards.

Well, you've done it. I'm not playing for top end this month, and maybe not next month either. What a loser-fest this conquest cycle is going to be.
  • Options
    As we learned last conquest you just need the droids (000 and BT1) to be in your squad. They don't need to survive.

Yeah I recommend just getting Cere and Cal to gear 9-10 or so and loading them up with health mods with Max flat protection for some durability, then using JML cheese. If you still don't have JML even if just for the conquest feats, you shouldn't expect red crate.

Dr Aphra required for a boss that's a yikes. I'm just now about to finish her droids shards and I've been doing one refresh a day. I also am not looking forward to her event from what others have said.
  • Options
    Modded like this you should be able to find some node to cheese-farmua1ak0zag55w.png
  • Options
    dbrdpgjx2n7b.png
  • Eyo
    34 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Boy, oh boy, this conquest will be a lot of fun!
    Finally we don't have those 20/40 grindy fights that will want us to puke, the era of 14 days of same fights, over and over again is over.
    Also... They didn't shove new toons that will require cheesing fights.
    Thanks CG, you're cool, totally not lame.
  • Options

What? Are you kidding? NS has always been terrible at conquest.

As long as there are some Geos nodes, then at least my NS (Asajj is the only one at relic level) with a couple of Zealous Ambition disks can win. I don't think I've wasted energy trying them on any other node, but maybe others have had success.
  • Options
    I'm not too fussed about the NS ones. LV+Maul+3NS on a bonus node that I anyway need to farm should be gravy.
    I am slightly worried about the grindiness of getting 100 kills with Cal/Cere, but as suggested JML with either Wat or voluntary vanguard (if that disk exists this round) vs. some non-aoe team is viable. Just could be frustratingly grindy...

Most other feats seems doable tbh
  • Options
    Looks like I'll be going for the gold crate. Not quite got a broad enough roster for red crate, but I'm okay with that. Can't have everything.
  • Options
    If the disk article is entirely correct, no Zealous Ambition - that hurts. But caustic emissions, thermal exhaust, and amplify agony is back.
  • Options

Doable isn't the question. The question is: will this be fun?

The purpose of a game is to have fun. CG is resolutely opposed to allowing Conquest to be fun.

UFUs will allow you to progress through territory while working on the feat because you'll have 4 toons with synergy (3xRey + Ben Solo + 1). NS will not. Tuskens absolutely will -- they're a great team -- if you've got 5 relic'd tuskens. But since one of the Tuskens isn't even farmable yet, that's a hard no for most people. The Cal/Cere kills are going to be stupidly grindy. At 100 enemies, that's well over 20 battles unless you have them both at relics. They're even preventing you from using Rey with them (Rey + HY + bb8 + Cere & Cal would allow you to focus on keeping C&C alive without attacking the enemy) through the UFU feat. 20 battles with C&C present would be a mild pain. This will be much worse. And they won't even be farmable before the start of the 3rd conquest in this cycle.

It's a rat's nest of drudgery.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Is it still 54826284626 battles over however many days it lasts? Then it’s still awful
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • DMG_SW
    216 posts Member
    Options
    The purpose of a game is to have fun. CG is resolutely opposed to allowing Conquest to be fun.

Wrong. The purpose of a $60 console game is to be fun. Because fun = more sales = more cash. Fun is the best ingredient to get that cash.

The purpose of a free mobile game is to be fun enough that people play it, while frustrating enough that people spend money to alleviate the frustration. Frustration = more sales = more cash.

You don't have to like it, you don't have to agree with it, but you do have to accept it.
  • UdalCuain
    5025 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

What? Are you kidding? NS has always been terrible at conquest.

As long as there are some Geos nodes, then at least my NS (Asajj is the only one at relic level) with a couple of Zealous Ambition disks can win. I don't think I've wasted energy trying them on any other node, but maybe others have had success.

They love ZA disks. Also a good no attacker team. Mine are R5 though.

Edit: Ah, crap, looks like the Zealous Ambition disks are gone.
  • Options
    Last Conquest, I only found one white ZA disk. sadge
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Last Conquest, I only found one white ZA disk. sadge

This conquest you will find zero!
  • Gawejn
    1123 posts Member
    Options
    Also i dont see disc with 200% defense. No za disc too. This conquest wont be fun..
  • Options

Doable isn't the question. The question is: will this be fun?

I always find conquests fun.

Which feat to skip? Which node to farm? Which disk is a must have?

Different ppl with different rosters will have different approaches in every conquests. Some ppl running scoundrels, some favourite empire, they see this mode in different ways.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2939 posts Member
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Also i dont see disc with 200% defense. No za disc too. This conquest wont be fun..

I loved that disk, fortified. Its like CG hates us.