What are your opinions on SEE

Prev1
For me he’s decent but I feel like he gets the short end of a stick

Replies

• Options
    He works well with wat so it’s a shame wat has gone to trench. Hopefully he’ll get a lifter that fits him more thematically. My main issue with him is his team always dies so unless you just 2 man a bunch of stuff his banners are always low and he gets screwed by solo enemies. Would be nice for him to be able to link on solo enemies or gain ult charge somehow.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    Tom1991 wrote: »
    He works well with wat so it’s a shame wat has gone to trench. Hopefully he’ll get a lifter that fits him more thematically. My main issue with him is his team always dies so unless you just 2 man a bunch of stuff his banners are always low and he gets screwed by solo enemies. Would be nice for him to be able to link on solo enemies or gain ult charge somehow.

On the other hand, he can solo many things. even himself...
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1074 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    IMO - A great GL on offence, with the ability to solo/2-man many teams including some GLs. On defence, a wet paper towel is marginally more useful as he's just too vulnerable.

Also, his requirements aren't that bad, no r8, and are pretty useful for a lot of other stuff like IT maxing out two assault battles.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Wed_Santa
    972 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I echo the love for SEE as a highly versatile offensive asset. He works well solo and with lots of different combinations- which makes him useful with datacrons. With a scoundrel DC from the set that just expired I used SEE with a scoundrel squad to cut through my whole arena shard to get no 1 slot with SEE (& it’s an old and high Gp shard)
    raycqbdfykkx.jpeg
  • Options
    Great.
  • MrRandyWatson
    261 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Positives
    1. Can work with just about any team unlike many other GLs that require specific teams/units
    2. Can work by himself in many situations
    3. Comparatively cheap to get vs other GLs
    4. High quality teams from his reqs (Imps & Empire)

Negatives:
    1. Terrible for banners if you bring a team
    2. Cannot handle solo opponents in many situations

Give him a lifter that removes one of those two negatives and he may become the most valuable GL when factoring in cost and utility.

*valuable does not mean the best, simply the swiss army knife of GL's
  • Options
    Nice in Conquest for "Wins with X and Y" if X and Y don't have to survive.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    SEE is my first (and currently only) GL. Currently in K4 at 6M GP with no ragerts.
  • Options
    I have had no regerts since i got see. he also requires characters that are good to have upgraded like vader and piett for executor.
  • Options
    -He is the worst GL as he is easily beatable on defence by every other GL.
    -on offence he requires armourer, pre taunt tank, and gat and with armourer being faster will grant u a guaranteed win over slkr and rey.
    -need exceptionally high potency for lord Vader but lord Vader seems to be a massive counter for see. But is do able. (High difficulty)
    -jmk do able but can only do it with geonosian to counter cat but the ultimate of jmk makes it very challenging.
    -never beat jabba yet I always run out of time.
    -another see can make you run out of time if teamed with wat and amourer but usually winnable
    Jml- guaranteed win with wat

So this shows he is strictly offensive more gls being a threat than a guaranteed win and he needs very specific allies.

In terms of prequistes they are goodish but not beneficial long term- To summarise

-Vader good as most players will have at relic regardless and mate be palps
    -thrawn is a very versatile character, capital ship
    -piett needs for a gL ship,
    -starck and veers teamed with piett is a imperial team
    - but overall the rest of the characters are next to useless at a later level.

He is also not effective in raids as I do more damage even with sith empire who isn’t a gL sith

In my opinion do not go for him unless ur a palpatine fan as every other gl is better in most aspects even jml has many benefits across the game.

(This is all from my experience)
  • Options
    Just got the “Defeat 3 in one turn” in the GC by killing the 2 linked and 3PO escaping. 🤤
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1074 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    subxsimo wrote: »
    -
    -another see can make you run out of time if teamed with wat and amourer but usually winnable

If you are struggling against other SEEs then you might be struggling with your strategy. SEE mirror is as easy to win as JML if you bring Wat along.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    -

If you are struggling against other SEEs then you might be struggling with your strategy. SEE mirror is as easy to win as JML if you bring Wat along.

I don’t struggle but recently faced a couple of teams where the armourer gave see beskar and it was a draw but usually a win
  • Options
    Better to have....whether SEE is a topic of discussion you need thrawn vader etc and that effects fleets.
  • Options
    Worst GL. Not close. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    -

I don’t struggle but recently faced a couple of teams where the armourer gave see beskar and it was a draw but usually a win

Right, but even with Armourer it should be a 100% win. Are you un-linking the enemy SEE before he has 0 protection? SEE vs SEE should be a 100% win.
  • Options
    -

Right, but even with Armourer it should be a 100% win. Are you un-linking the enemy SEE before he has 0 protection? SEE vs SEE should be a 100% win.

Yh I always unlink given the opportunity I think they had two pre taunt tanks and some how armourer gave beskar to see. I usually win 99% of the time I just find mirror matching see boring and this was just a recent anomaly.

Have you ever beat jabba yet with see
  • Options
    -

Yh I always unlink given the opportunity I think they had two pre taunt tanks and some how armourer gave beskar to see. I usually win 99% of the time I just find mirror matching see boring and this was just a recent anomaly.

Have you ever beat jabba yet with see

Well that would be the error. In a mirror you need to keep SEE linked long enough to remove all their protection and long enough for them to kill off your Wat (he should be your only ally). That way their SEE has no prot and can gain no more, so even if they have Wat/Armourer you'll be able to wipe out their SEE once you go to Ult as the shock will stop them regaining any health.

Against JMK\Jabba\LV SEE isn't great, but he can often wipe enough of the enemy team such that you can then clean up with a non-GL team. Against Jabba you can often remove Krr and Boussh such that the rest can be wiped by
    Imp troopers for example.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I love SEE. The reactions to him are great.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Great on offense, terrible on defense. Much more accessible than a lot of other GLs out there and you'll gear up some great characters in the process (Vader, Piett, JKA, etc.) but to make him work best you'd have to farm up other characters, particularly Wat or Armorer. And he absolutely owns JMLS.
  • Options
    Grumpy old man that like to yell at teenagers. Wants to relive his youth again so he can Doooo it more

But like @Darth_Fatleg said, I think he's great on offense and not so much on defense
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I love to see, one of my top 5 senses!
  • Abe_Fr0man
    143 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    I love to see, one of my top 5 senses!

BOOOOOOO
  • Malachi
    78 posts Member
    Options
    He's awful in every game mode.
  • Pxwer
    100 posts Member
    Options
    Worst GL ever
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Very underrated.... Great GAC banner stealer....
  • Options
    He’s an excellent GL. There are other easier to use GLs which I think gives him a bad reputation.

I prefer him on offense because I can use him to easily kill some of the toughest teams in the game. This includes all the GLs.

You do need to mod him properly, have good support characters and practice to get a full understanding of his kit.

If you prefer to put all GLs on defense, then he’s not great unless you’re willing to put some of the best Sith with him. If you are missing other GLs and want defense holds, then I’d look their first.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Malachi wrote: »
    He's awful in every game mode.

lol no
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ghost666
    328 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Great on offense, terrible on defense. Much more accessible than a lot of other GLs out there and you'll gear up some great characters in the process (Vader, Piett, JKA, etc.) but to make him work best you'd have to farm up other characters, particularly Wat or Armorer. And he absolutely owns JMLS.
    THIS^^
    And it is reasonably easy to use...if you have JMLs to kill...all wars do, so it does its job (one GL kills other GL). In GAC it can be an issue if you cant find a JML (or Rey) target...but AFAIK it can kill other stuff...i just dont have the know how. TBH...i rarely need to kill other stuff...and i did kill a SKLR once...saw how online, but since then i realized i was actually lucky as it is not a 100% method...
    Added bonus...it can unblock many nodes in Conquest that non-GLs cannot (albeit at the cost of two stars).
    SO...pretty happy so far as first GL.