So CG - what else did you do to the Krayt besides rewards changes and fixing the Mando TM issue?

Prev1
Dallamar
51 posts Member
Upped defense?

Upped tenacity?

More speed?

something was altered and not in the players favor

Replies

• Enas007
    63 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Removing credits from rewards. I did only see 2x ship credits but no standard credits so far ... and its just 250k not 2 or 5 mio. You can only buy them with shard shop or crystals?

So ... a game killer as this resource was not relevant in a long long time. HJust the way as we all expect it from this company.
  • Zedstar
    22 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    They have done use a sneaky !! Made the raid much harder to get a decent score now - so the fix wasn’t just mando and rewards that’s a fact !!
    So they made the rewards better, but then screwed us by making it harder so we don’t get the rewards…

Absolute robbed us blind !!

Why can’t we have something that
    A. Isn’t behind a paywall
    B. Doesn’t require the top tier relics
    C. THAT IS FUN !!
  • Options
    Zedstar wrote: »
    They have done use a sneaky !! Made the raid much harder to get a decent score now - so the fix wasn’t just mando and rewards that’s a fact !!
    So they made the rewards better, but then screwed us by making it harder so we don’t get the rewards…

Absolute robbed us blind !!

Why can’t we have something that
    A. Isn’t behind a paywall
    B. Doesn’t require the top tier relics
    C. THAT IS FUN !!

Answer to A&B - they are a business. C is predicated on A and B.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I noticed how much harder it was this time as well.

Was wondering if that was solely due to the BAM fix, or…
    Dallamar wrote: »
    Upped defense?

Upped tenacity?

More speed?

something was altered and not in the players favor

• StarDog89
    169 posts Member
    Options
    I have r3-5 tuskens aside from g11 Chieftan so I run the 0x modifier with them. I maxed out the 300k limit every time with out much issue, now my best I can do is about 265k. So yea, something for sure changed there that wasn't specified.
  • Jacgul
    283 posts Member
    Options
    I also noticed a much lower score than my 3 previous attempts with the same team, and 1st attempt with the same team in a different order.(2 unintended refreshes)
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options

is it?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sloth243
    183 posts Member
    Options
    So… the brief consensus is that the rewards just moved around, and somehow damage is even harder to come by?

Certainly glad I ran another Sith.

This really makes me sad
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

is it?

How can you argue when two exclamation points have been used??
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    Sloth243 wrote: »
    So… the brief consensus is that the rewards just moved around, and somehow damage is even harder to come by?

forum consensus is generally wrong
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    They definitely changed something, and that change made it more difficult. Not horrendously, but definitely noticeable. Question is: did they fix a bug that was making the Krayt easier than intended, or did they make it more difficult out of spite or to counteract the benefit of the reward changes they made?

Either way, their decision not to voice the change was likely intentional. Which just reminds me how bad their PR is. This is one of the most intent communities in gaming I've seen. To think they could slip the change by sight unseen is ludicrous. There have been hundreds of players diligently tracking their efforts for two raids already, and many more to a lesser regard. Then when an update is released, suddenly the majority of their scores drop. Can't slip that by us.
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    i haven't tried jawas or tuskens yet but my maul did better than before (not counting when i switched to mba), my jabba did the same, my OR did the same, my janky bh did the same

lots of speculation in here, backed up by more speculation
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    One thing I noticed, is that when using my best team (r6 BAM, r8 Boba, r5 Armorer, r6 Bane, r5 Jango), the Mandalorian units don’t seem to be applying tenacity down at a 75% rate. This made it very difficult if not impossible, to remove the defiance stacks in time to rescue a swallowed unit (at least with this team), on DL2 and up.

Maybe when they fixed the TM bug, they broke something else related to the tenacity down?
  • AlexanderG
    1930 posts Member
    Options
    This is the epitomy of anecdote but I scored better than last time.

1. Maul lead Mandos.
    2. Boba lead hunters
    3. JKR / OR.
  • Options
    The rewards structure needs additional updates in the way of rank rewards. Even with the personal and guild tracks, without rank rewards there is no incentive for a player with a strong raid focused roster to stay and help their current guild advance.

Even if those rank rewards include all the “trivial” things now removed, such as character shards, credits, guild tokens, etc. A potential “prize” box akin to the former Top 10 HSTR rewards box would be a god send to entice players to grow and not continuously guild hop up.
  • KDC99X
    762 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe the difference was just due to the TM fix on BAM. I didn’t know about the TM bug and wasn’t intentionally exploiting it, BAM wasn’t taking infinite turns, but maybe was taking more turns than this time. I didn’t notice a massive difference with my other teams.
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    This is the epitomy of anecdote but I scored better than last time.

1. Maul lead Mandos.
    2. Boba lead hunters
    3. JKR / OR.

• Options
    Sloth243 wrote: »

forum consensus is generally wrong

The smart comeback to that would be "what if the forum consensus is that TVF is generally right?"
    But that's never going to happen so.
  • Options
    Well, I tried a lot of times, and I think they just simply made the Dragon faster, and give some higher tenacity to it as well. For me, every score was dropped. Not just with the Mando team, but with the Hutt Cartel team as well. I cannot able to test Java, or Tusken, because I don't have them.
    Of course I don't have Maul nor Jabba, nor Boussh, and I think they created the experience directly some chosen teams with specific caracters. So if you don't have the intended guy you have to accept a lower score.
  • Range1974
    924 posts Member
    Options
    Look, you all have played this game for years. This unannounced increase in difficulty has happened to every new event released. I am fully expecting my damage to be less per hit, I miss more often than in a Profundity mirror. Not surprised as all.
  • Dawnsinger
    147 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Ran HC and OR today. First time running the Maul team. The HC and OR runs were identical to the previous two, so if something changed maybe it was limited to Tusken?
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Look, you all have played this game for years. This unannounced increase in difficulty has happened to every new event released. I am fully expecting my damage to be less per hit, I miss more often than in a Profundity mirror. Not surprised as all.

First part is not true and you miss because of blind
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    Dawnsinger wrote: »
    Ran HC and OR today. First time running the Maul team. The HC and OR runs were identical to the previous two, so if something changed maybe it was limited to Tusken?

I had my same Tusken run @Dawnsinger in fact everything was the same except for MBA. It's nothing but the same conspiracy theory as when people insisted Wampa was nerfed.
  • Whatelse73
    2219 posts Member
    Options
    i haven't tried jawas or tuskens yet but my maul did better than before (not counting when i switched to mba), my jabba did the same, my OR did the same, my janky bh did the same

Lots of confirmation bias here, backed up by more confirmation bias.
  • flux_rono
    2142 posts Member
    Options
    i noticed no difference really and improved my overall score, and got the same score from my first raid. and that's with 3 less teams now that the 5 attempts dont refresh
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

My tuskens and jawas also ended up doing the same.

Maybe CG gave me a pass because of all my shilling
  • Options
    Ok, if someone experience no change, I say you are the lucky one. I spent hours, to replicate the earlier score, or even close to the earlier score, but I failed. I even tried a lot of combination like ok, this is not working, so change the leader, or try to mix some other units here and there, but absolutely nothing worked.
    The overall problems I found after the update:
    1. In higher difficulty the mandos just cannot able to free the swallowed guy, only Beskar armor Whistling Birds was able to made the job, but the timing was hard. Earlier it was an easy job, part of the mando speciality, now it is just not working good enough. We just don't have enough time to free someone. That's why I think the Dragon is faster, or has higher tenacity, or both are true.
    2. The Hutt Cartel was not worked either. I don't know why, but they are not making the same amount of damage.
    I understand, this is a challenge, but this change was obvious! Just to understand the score change: earlier I made 900k with Mando-s, and about 500k with Hutt Cartel, now I cannot able to made higher score than 200k with the same squad.So please do not tell, this is some kind of supervision...
  • Options
    I managed the same scores as on previous two runs with OR, Jawas, HC. Managed slightly higher with tuskens (just 7* and g12 chief so upped the modifier) and slightly lower with BAM which was expected after the fix. Seems pretty much the same.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

As opposed to the confirmation bias from the people claiming it got harder?
  • Wrathe
    205 posts Member
    Options

is it?

Two people on the internet said it, I think that meets the 2023 requirements for a fact. :lol: