So CG - what else did you do to the Krayt besides rewards changes and fixing the Mando TM issue?

2Next

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It took me a few attempts to get full score with Jabba this time, but that might also be because I was more lucky last time. Gonna keep my pitchfork hidden until I see my overall score compared to last run.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    I noticed a difference in BAM only, which I expected as he wasn't WAI and they announced it was coming... Other than that, everything was the same as before for me...
  • crzydroid
    7386 posts Moderator
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Olly_verx wrote: »
    Ok, if someone experience no change, I say you are the lucky one. I spent hours, to replicate the earlier score, or even close to the earlier score, but I failed. I even tried a lot of combination like ok, this is not working, so change the leader, or try to mix some other units here and there, but absolutely nothing worked.
    The overall problems I found after the update:
    1. In higher difficulty the mandos just cannot able to free the swallowed guy, only Beskar armor Whistling Birds was able to made the job, but the timing was hard. Earlier it was an easy job, part of the mando speciality, now it is just not working good enough. We just don't have enough time to free someone. That's why I think the Dragon is faster, or has higher tenacity, or both are true.
    2. The Hutt Cartel was not worked either. I don't know why, but they are not making the same amount of damage.
    I understand, this is a challenge, but this change was obvious! Just to understand the score change: earlier I made 900k with Mando-s, and about 500k with Hutt Cartel, now I cannot able to made higher score than 200k with the same squad.So please do not tell, this is some kind of supervision...

Why does luck only go one way? Why are the people experiencing no change lucky, but you are not in a position where you were either lucky last time or unlucky this time?

Not being able to free a swallowed character almost sounds like you are running a higher difficulty modifier, as the Dragon gets more stacks of Defiance or whatever it is called. Though you also mentioned Mando, and there was the Mando lead fix.

As for HC, could some of that be variance in the number of thermals applied?
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    i haven't tried jawas or tuskens yet but my maul did better than before (not counting when i switched to mba), my jabba did the same, my OR did the same, my janky bh did the same

lots of speculation in here, backed up by more speculation

Lots of confirmation bias here, backed up by more confirmation bias.

As opposed to the confirmation bias from the people claiming it got harder?

That's not confirmation bias, its rationalisation
  • Tsfletch
    212 posts Member
    Options
    I ran Jawas today, harpoon did not work after the first time. It fires but swallowed character was not coughed up. That’s new.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Profit wrote: »
    i haven't tried jawas or tuskens yet but my maul did better than before (not counting when i switched to mba), my jabba did the same, my OR did the same, my janky bh did the same

It's all confrimation bias until somebody posts a team other than BAM lead and compares multiple results.....
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    I ran Jawas today, harpoon did not work after the first time. It fires but swallowed character was not coughed up. That’s new.

The harpoon works just fine. it doesn't automatically return your eaten jawa, you need to get the stacks down before the acid spit.
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Profit wrote: »

It's all confrimation bias until somebody posts a team other than BAM lead and compares multiple results.....

I was just being funny. The psychological defense mechanism for finding external sources for your failures is called rationalization.

The confirmation bias on this topics would be looking for support for the fact that cg is "cheating" (or something similar) which may be present here as well.

But to me, the main issue here seems is more akin to people scoring low and explaining their lower scores with cg cheating to keep ego intact. A case of rationalization
  • Lumiya
    1583 posts Member
    Options

It depends on the difficulty you are running. The higher the difficulty, the more stacks the Krayt has and the harpoons are then no longer enough to get all the stacks removed. You still need to get some debuffs on the Krayt to remove the stacks. Under details you can find which debuffs remove how many stacks.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • crzydroid
    7386 posts Moderator
    Options

As others have said, did you manage to remove all the stacks?

Also, were you targeting the dragon? It's possible to launch the harpoon at the explosives.