I still don't understand why Reva is OP

13Next

Replies

• subxsimo
    125 posts Member
    Options
    I think there are two main issues which are being highlighted

1. The whole point of gls being introduced if I'm not mistaken was to prevent mirror and repetitive matches as before gls it was - DRevan vs Padme until Gas took over. So as reva is harder than a gl to unlock (unless you coasted through a high gp guild) then she should MATCH a gl but since she is stronger it makes matches repetitive as everyone if possible will get reva. (Gls and Reva's should be equal otherwise don't have GLs as GLs should be the best!!!

2. Why Reva?
    Like when GLs were first launched kylo ren and rey were the first which created confusion as such weak and untrained force users are getting a title higher than Luke, Vader, palps etc. History has repeated it self with such a weak force user again and also a character to be frank most people don't care about. I highly doubt if Legends Luke Skywalker or full potential Anakin, or valkorian were put in replacement there would be lot less hostility to the concept.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    subxsimo wrote: »

1. The whole point of gls being introduced if I'm not mistaken was to prevent mirror and repetitive matches

You're mistaken.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • subxsimo
    125 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

1. The whole point of gls being introduced if I'm not mistaken was to prevent mirror and repetitive matches

You're mistaken.

so what is the purpose of Gls, gl are the most powerful and gets criticised when ones significantly stronger than another e.g. SEE people complain. So the more GLS the more variety in equal matches are available.

Right now we have Jabba, lord Vader, JMK, Rey and Jml who can defeat each other reva goes against this.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

You're mistaken.

so what is the purpose of Gls, gl are the most powerful and gets criticised when ones significantly stronger than another e.g. SEE people complain. So the more GLS the more variety in equal matches are available.

Right now we have Jabba, lord Vader, JMK, Rey and Jml who can defeat each other reva goes against this.

People always complain... SEE is also the best GL counter to Reva in GAC...

There is nothing written anywhere that say that GL have to be unbeatable by teams that aren't a GL team... As I said earlier, this gam ewould be really boring and borderline unplayable if all it was was the player with the most GL wins...

• subxsimo
    125 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

You're mistaken.

There is nothing written anywhere that say that GL have to be unbeatable by teams that aren't a GL team... As I said earlier, this gam ewould be really boring and borderline unplayable if all it was was the player with the most GL wins...

Reva doesn’t seem to be an equal but better. Gls should be the best unless they create a new type such as reva. A galactic Legend should represent the best of a category. Omnicron should be the only thing that put a non gl on par but beyond is questionable.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

You're mistaken.

Reva doesn’t seem to be an equal but better. Gls should be the best unless they create a new type such as reva. A galactic Legend should represent the best of a category. Omnicron should be the only thing that put a non gl on par but beyond is questionable.

It's Reva's omicron that does our her on par, and it only works in GAC.....do you have Reva?.... Have you faced Reva?
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    Options

You're mistaken.

It's Reva's omicron that does our her on par, and it only works in GAC.....do you have Reva?.... Have you faced Reva?

Which omicron?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • subxsimo
    125 posts Member
    Options

You're mistaken.

I haven't faced reva but form many videos and from what people are saying reva defeat every gl (not necarrily easily) but I've seen jmk get destroyed by her. Also Ahnaldt101 is using reva as his primary squad and shown she s very successful. This was squad battles btw.

My opinion is that at best reva should be a conquest/ lifter character at best. A second in command inquisitor who not even Sith being stronger than JML, JMK , lord Vader etc makes no sense. I know the game is different to the films but I feel like that jump is too big interms of being realistic.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

You're mistaken.

I haven't faced reva but form many videos and from what people are saying reva defeat every gl (not necarrily easily) but I've seen jmk get destroyed by her. Also Ahnaldt101 is using reva as his primary squad and shown she s very successful. This was squad battles btw.

My opinion is that at best reva should be a conquest/ lifter character at best. A second in command inquisitor who not even Sith being stronger than JML, JMK , lord Vader etc makes no sense. I know the game is different to the films but I feel like that jump is too big interms of being realistic.

If you read the Dev announcement from when Reva was released, she was specifically designed to beat JMK... And yes, it appears Reva can beat GL's on offence but she doesn't hold well on defence where most GL can beat her or she can be taken out easily with a Traya squad... I won't say too much about Ahnaldt other than I have my opinions of him and they aren't favorable..

You are entitled to your opinion in regards to how you feel Reva should stack up in the game but, as you said, the game doesn't follow movies and lore... If it did, JML, Chewie, Han, Leia and Lando would beat Jabba...
  • Options

You're mistaken.

Once you get past CAT, GI can also kill JMK so I'm not really seeing the issue. Bit hit and miss depending on the team comp though, since he does most of his damage vs Jedi.
  • epalasthy
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Elephant in the room. DISNEY has built up characters for SWGOH that have no business being OP. The SW Reva character is not that strong by any means. She is also NO leader. CG needs to NERF this character in the game, she should be no stronger than Darth Maul or Savage. Additionally, Only the Grand Inquisitor should have the Leader Tag.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    Options
    Reva should be heavily nerfed because what cg is saying is Reva is stronger than Luke, anakin, sidious, revan, maul the list goes on

Don't worry ... once a larger part of the player base starts to unlock her and everybody in Kyber1 + 2 can suddenly beat GLs with her, CG will most likely nerf her ...

• Options
    epalasthy wrote: »
    Elephant in the room. DISNEY has built up characters for SWGOH that have no business being OP. The SW Reva character is not that strong by any means. She is also NO leader. CG needs to NERF this character in the game, she should be no stronger than Darth Maul or Savage. Additionally, Only the Grand Inquisitor should have the Leader Tag.

By your logic some of the bounty hunters shouldn’t have a leadership ability, yet they do. Aside from the fact Inquisitors did lead operations…
  • Options
    If difficulty to acquire is the benchmark shouldn't KAM be like a top 7-8 most powerful character in the game? Doesn't he have nearly the same requirements as Reva? He is easily the second most difficult non-GL character to get.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Imagine, as a player, asking her to be nerfed so that once you unlock and dump 700 kyros she's just meh since she counters like 2 GLs after nerf because that is more fair to you as someone who owns her

like which GL doesn't have more than 1 non-GL counter at this point? What's adding one more?

JMK. Only non-GL counter currently is reva.

https://swgoh.gg/gac/counters/JEDIMASTERKENOBI/?exclude_gl&season=38&d_unit=PADMEAMIDALA&d_unit=GENERALKENOBI

(GI when his datacron rolls around can also beat JMK but its very iffy) .... without it 3% win rate
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Why do you think it will be back
  • BobaFettish86
    590 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    It does require a lot of kyros just to obtain GI, more than some GLs. Certainly more than 501st even with Shaak Ti.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Dace_Prow wrote: »
    Imagine, as a player, asking her to be nerfed so that once you unlock and dump 700 kyros she's just meh since she counters like 2 GLs after nerf because that is more fair to you as someone who owns her

like which GL doesn't have more than 1 non-GL counter at this point? What's adding one more?

https://swgoh.gg/gac/counters/JEDIMASTERKENOBI/?exclude_gl&season=38&d_unit=PADMEAMIDALA&d_unit=GENERALKENOBI

(GI when his datacron rolls around can also beat JMK but its very iffy) .... without it 3% win rate

If you remove the cut-off, you'll see various dr. aphra comps has a decent chance (%50 region)
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Dace_Prow wrote: »

If you remove the cut-off, you'll see various dr. aphra comps has a decent chance (%50 region)

That's S38 where the Aphracon was still active. Look at S40.
  • Options
    My Jabba team works well against Reva. I think I have only lost once.