AGI Gear Challenge.

2Next

Replies

• Options
    [quote="Qleak;283854"
    Having extra attacks once savage has offense down is helpful, each usually hits for 15k damage. Stun is good, heal is good, raising your bantha stick above your head and saying your name to terrify your opponent is good :smile: [/quote]

I thought it was a gaffi stick?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I run Ventress lead with Daka, Phasma, Dooku and Cad Bane. I've been thinking about replacing Dooku with a more reliable debuffer though. After reading this thread, I suspect I'm gonna have to try out Talia. Bane is very nice for this challenge actually.
  • Daddio
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Daka, Talia, Eek, Phasma and JC for the auto win. With two stunners, Savage often never has a chance to swing. If he ever does, enough healing is there to avert disaster.
  • Options
    I can auto the hardest level with:
    7* Phasma(L)
    6* Talia
    5* JC
    4* Daka
    6* QGJ or 5* Asajj, they both work
  • Options
    The amount of "I auto Savage" **** is amazing and must be confusing to OP. Especially when it's with a team full of half-geared toons.

Are we talking about lvl 72 challenge? Do you actually understand what "auto" (not even helping AI target) means? For starters, most toons have long cooldown (3+). My toons rarely make more than 2-3 moves before final battle. Then, AI may start targeting Savage when you really want it to target droids first.

Not really helping OP as he may wonder what he's doing wrong if he can't beat even on manual battle.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I can't fathom trying this challenge with no healers at all :). Daka is great for this and so is JC

This. I couldn't even attempt to wipe out Savage with the toons I have for this challenge. JC is a must for me.

I normally take the support droids to yellow or red, wait for his first stomp, kill a droid, heal, wait for second stomp, kill another droid, heal, and then go all in. If he does a third stomp, he's got no life left and it's the final blow.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I reached level 72 the other day and was waiting for this challenge cause it has the gear I need. So I tried it and got wrecked, but the previous challenge rank I can win easy. My team is
    Plasma 6*
    QGJ 4* almost 5
    Eeth 7*
    Dooku 4*
    Yoda 5* I use Dooku for the stuns and QGJ for his assist attack. They're all gear level 8. So any advice?? I have a 5* JC but I like my stuns.

You should have atleast one healer, in case the stuns do not proc. I would replace yoda for it. A healer is mandatory of you expect to auto it (because often your stuns will target the droids).
    Also, consider daka if you have her. I think she's more than enough at 4*stars for the challenge, but you do need to gear her because of potency. She's both a spam stunner and a healer (although if you do not promote her to 7*, a crappy healer).

I auto it (since first try last week) with a comp of:
    Phasma (L)
    Daka
    Dooku
    Talia
    QGJ

They are all gear 8 and 7*stars, except talia who has 6 stars, so it's natural to be able to auto it. I dpon't even have to lock them onto savage, the random heals and stuns work well enough. The challenge was never lost on auto in the tries so far (since last thursday or friday, I think), and as I'm now level 73 and raising, it will only get easier (all of the characters except talia are main of my mains leveling to 80).

For me this is the easiest challenge, because I have a lot of supporters maxed. Which is weird.
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    Options
    Not really helping OP as he may wonder what he's doing wrong if he can't beat even on manual battle.

I disagree. All the posts that say they are able to auto clear that challenge all have things in common that the OP does not...
    Most have Dooku and Daka (2 basic attack stunners) - I only use one in Daka.
    Most have Phasma as L for the extra attack, which the OP has
    Most also have multiple healers, which the OP does not have (most use 2, I use 3 with daka, jc and talia)

If you look at the group the OP has: Phasma L, QGJ, Eeth, Dooku, Yoda - he is not far away from being able to auto clear that stage. It is mainly his group composition. JC instead of Yoda, and then Talia or Daka for Eeth, he should be solid. If he had a group composition similar to others and was STILL not able to finish it, then it would be more of a strategy thing and figuring out where he might be going wrong. Until then, I think giving him group compositions that work provide assistance.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Finity wrote: »

I disagree. All the posts that say they are able to auto clear that challenge all have things in common that the OP does not...
    Most have Dooku and Daka (2 basic attack stunners) - I only use one in Daka.
    Most have Phasma as L for the extra attack, which the OP has
    Most also have multiple healers, which the OP does not have (most use 2, I use 3 with daka, jc and talia)

If you look at the group the OP has: Phasma L, QGJ, Eeth, Dooku, Yoda - he is not far away from being able to auto clear that stage. It is mainly his group composition. JC instead of Yoda, and then Talia or Daka for Eeth, he should be solid. If he had a group composition similar to others and was STILL not able to finish it, then it would be more of a strategy thing and figuring out where he might be going wrong. Until then, I think giving him group compositions that work provide assistance.

I run a maxed team with Dooku, Daka, Phasma, Cad Bane and Ventress, and I can't auto that one either...
  • Options
    Most have Dooku and Daka (2 basic attack stunners)

If you look at the group the OP has: Phasma L, QGJ, Eeth, Dooku, Yoda - he is not far away from being able to auto clear that stage. It is mainly his group composition.

He won't be able to auto even with suggested teams. Tested. One still needs to target droids in final battle. AI targeting is too random. And my Phasma is still on cooldown by the final battle: Phasma (L), Daka, Dooku, JC, QGJ. All 7* maxed out.

P.S.: granted it doesn't affect your argument, but Dooku basic doesn't stun Savage, it stuns Jedis.
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I run a maxed team with Dooku, Daka, Phasma, Cad Bane and Ventress, and I can't auto that one either...

Savage really does more damage to himself than anything. You need healers to be able to heal up after the attacks. Not sure if you have them, but: Phasma L, Dooku, JC, Daka and Talia should work out really well. JC heals whenever someone reaches a damage point, same with Talia, so if Savage hits with his ability, then JC and Talia will heal. Talia get healing back with her basic attack... So after Savage does his special, JC and Talia heal, and neither will heal until Savage uses it one more time, so you don't get any senseless healing. Dooku and Daka should be able to keep stunning and Phasma gets Dooku and Daka extra turns. Think of it as a survival fight and not as a damaging Savage fight; Savage damages himself enough with his special, so you just need to go slow and steady. (Daka alone is not a greater healer, but more useful for the potential rez if something goes wrong, and Barriss is awful for that fight. JC and Talia are probably the best due to the cooldowns and the amount of healing)

• sid
    232 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    4* 72 Ventress, Daka, Talia, EE and 56 Dooku full auto. Stuns, debuffs, heals, revives.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »

Savage really does more damage to himself than anything. You need healers to be able to heal up after the attacks. Not sure if you have them, but: Phasma L, Dooku, JC, Daka and Talia should work out really well. JC heals whenever someone reaches a damage point, same with Talia, so if Savage hits with his ability, then JC and Talia will heal. Talia get healing back with her basic attack... So after Savage does his special, JC and Talia heal, and neither will heal until Savage uses it one more time, so you don't get any senseless healing. Dooku and Daka should be able to keep stunning and Phasma gets Dooku and Daka extra turns. Think of it as a survival fight and not as a damaging Savage fight; Savage damages himself enough with his special, so you just need to go slow and steady. (Daka alone is not a greater healer, but more useful for the potential rez if something goes wrong, and Barriss is awful for that fight. JC and Talia are probably the best due to the cooldowns and the amount of healing)

That could work better. I've learned that Daka AI doesn't bother with healing at all unless somebody's already dead. Apparently she prefers a 25% resurrection chance to a 100% keep-alive chance. Heartless hag.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I can auto with no problems, but my team is also level 73 7* maxed out
    • Barriss (L)
    • JC
    • Talia
    • Daka
    • Dooku
    The benefits of my team
    Barriss turn heal, the max health don't mean squat in this challenge
    JC's fast heal cool down
    Daka stun/revive
    Dooku stun
    Talia DoT, healing, high self heal on attack

Watched it the first couple of times, and resisted intervening with the AI, now I know the can do it by them self, so I just start the challenge, press auto and walk away, now done 10 auto battles all wins
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I'm obnoxious, I know, but the droids tend to attack right after Savage shatterpoint. The one that brings your toons down to 1 HP. If droids were still alive, they kill 2 toons. If one of those is Daka, it's most certainly game over no matter how powerful the team is.
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    nah, Mol_Eliza_99999, not obnoxious, its a discussion :smile: So sometimes they go after Savage and sometimes before. The AI with auto attack is fairly decent. So Dooku with his special and Daka with her basic can stun 2 targets. Additionally, I have watched as I lost Daka (reminder, my team is Phasma L, QGJ, JC, Talia, Daka), so then I had no stun... but JC and Talia healed after each of the Savage specials and I had 0 issue with completing on auto. The AI for your team is fairly good that usually within 1 turn (so before Savage attacks, I would guess 75% but havent tracked) they kill both droids, and 25% within 2 turns. A group of Phasma L, Dooku, Daka, JC, Talia should be fine no matter the order of the droids because there is healing and stunning.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I'm obnoxious, I know, but the droids tend to attack right after Savage shatterpoint. The one that brings your toons down to 1 HP. If droids were still alive, they kill 2 toons. If one of those is Daka, it's most certainly game over no matter how powerful the team is.

If it was the old auto, you had to be there, since it only had focus on the leader, but the auto there is now the toons attack broad all the time, and max 3 hits and the droid is gone, my team can survive without Daka, remember how low the speed is on oppress, and 4/5 are healers, two more than needed if you playing your self
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I can easily auto it with Phasma (L), Daka, Eeth, Talia and JC. Phasma and Eeth are 7*, JC is 6 and Daka and Talia are 5. All are gear 8.

I prefer Eeth to Dooku because his stun is more reliable. I haven't checked potency between them, but Eeth has a much higher base chance of it procing against non-Jedi.

I like Talia because she has a group heal, a self heal and a debuff. Pretty much everything you could want for this challenge.

Phasma has both a debuff and a chance for assists. Since a vast majority if the damage done is either by Savage to himself or from the armor penetration when he has a debuff, having both of those is nice. It also gives Daka more chances

Daka and JC should be self explanatory.

The only dangerous part is if SO does his thing and then the droids attack immediately after that. Having three healers pretty much prevents that from making you lose. As long as you get one heal off after his special you're probably golden, and that's super easy because you'll have two weakened droids and a healer left. If he does his special a second time you can just kill him in one shot. With Eeth, Daka and Phasma this almost never happens because there's a very high chance of the droids getting out of sync with SO or just being stunned or killed before that.
  • Daddio
    21 posts Member
    Options
    The amount of "I auto Savage" **** is amazing and must be confusing to OP. Especially when it's with a team full of half-geared toons.

Are we talking about lvl 72 challenge? Do you actually understand what "auto" (not even helping AI target) means? For starters, most toons have long cooldown (3+). My toons rarely make more than 2-3 moves before final battle. Then, AI may start targeting Savage when you really want it to target droids first.

Well, I do auto Savage, as I said. Yes, we are talking lvl 72. Yes, I really mean "auto", as in I put the phone down, do something else, and wait for the victory riff.

And I was helpful to the OP about how my team works. Daka and Eek stun often enough and well enough that most times I actually watch, Savage never gets off a shot. It's especially helpful that Daka can stun on Phasma's assist calls. If Savage actually gets his shot off, Talia, JC and Daka can all heal, so help is never more than one turn away. Occasionally, Savage gets a hit off, and one droid is still actually up and running (i.e., not stunned by Eek), so someone dies, but that's as bad as it ever gets.

It's about loading up the right toons, in this exercise. If you have the right toons, it can be literally impossible to use them wrong.
  • Options
    Bring characters with stun. I use Dooku (L), Phasma, JC, Bariss, Koth. Hopefully you get it! I didn't have much trouble adjusting to level 72 challenge. My toons can auto play it. Just take out the droids first before they can move.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    This challenge is easy but takes the longest.
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Vlados wrote: »
    I have
    Phasma 7*
    Coruscant Police 7*
    Eeth Koth 4*
    Poggle 7*
    Jedi Consular 5*
    The most useful here is CUP

You mean CUP has a purpose in this game besides being a fodder? He's not even suicide material on my squad. What's his level to even make him worth the trouble?

I run JC, Barris for healers, Daka, Ventress and Koth for stunners. Sometimes, I sub in Phasma and Talia.
  • Options
    I reached level 72 the other day and was waiting for this challenge cause it has the gear I need. So I tried it and got wrecked, but the previous challenge rank I can win easy. My team is
    Plasma 6*
    QGJ 4* almost 5
    Eeth 7*
    Dooku 4*
    Yoda 5* I use Dooku for the stuns and QGJ for his assist attack. They're all gear level 8. So any advice?? I have a 5* JC but I like my stuns.

Old Daka and Ventress. I use Ventress in the lead with Daka, Koth, Dooku, and Yoda. Every one of those guys can stun in one way or another. Ventress and Daka are both 6* Yoda and Koth are 7* and Dooku is 4*. He never gets a shot off on me.
  • Options
    Granted, I've only done the tier 4 one, or the one right below purple gear is given, but I tend to run Phasma Lead, Cad Bane, Dooku, Talia, and JC. Phasma as lead to get extra attacks to clear out those droids before Savage aoe's everyone, and any one of those droids can finish off your guys. Also, Advantage+Cad Bane and Dooku=pretty reliable stun control.