Opinion: Krayt Dragon raid just drags

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36720 posts Member
    Options
    E3P0 wrote: »
    And have you looked at the price of ccb or bronzium wirings.
    Not everything you can buy is a good deal. That has always been the case. (Have you complained about green and blue ability mats being in cantina shipments? or do you do what the rest of us do and just ignore them) There's going to be high and low value choices in every store. Learning the difference is part of how good players can separate themselves from bad ones. It sucks that these "bad player traps" exist, but it is what it is.

One of the key things that seems to not get due credit in any discussion of the rewards changes is the value of player choice. Being able to pick exactly what you need is a huge boon. Even if you *were* getting way more rewards before (and it seems by the various analyses shared above, this would only have been by always participating and getting top ranks), was it really better to be constantly pulling that digital slot machine lever hoping for the right salvage to drop? Potentially going 3 or 4 raids in a row getting utter trash? Or would you rather be able to immediately target and select the exact salvage that you want for your current needs?

Overall, they made many various levels of gearing massively easier with these changes. But they're not going to entirely remove all upgrade bottlenecks. If they did that, that would be removing one of the core foundations of the game (building up your toons) and very quickly we'd all have near maxed out rosters.

A very well-reasoned post. Unfortunately we don't do that here, so you'll have to leave.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I like a new raid because it’s new, and hopefully we’ll see new raids coming out more frequently now so we can mix things up. Unfortunately I already see a bad tendency in my guild, people are already forgetting to do their attempts. So even if I’ve got my jabba team up to relic 8 and started the journey to maxing out my Uroroourr team, I’ll probably never see max rewards in this raid.
  • Options
    I like a new raid because it’s new, and hopefully we’ll see new raids coming out more frequently now so we can mix things up. Unfortunately I already see a bad tendency in my guild, people are already forgetting to do their attempts. So even if I’ve got my jabba team up to relic 8 and started the journey to maxing out my Uroroourr team, I’ll probably never see max rewards in this raid.

They've said there's going to be an increased cadence to raids, but as yet there doesn't seem to be a time frame to it. As for achieving max rewards, as a guild you need to be averaging 10.4m per person, which means at least two full r8 and three full r7 teams each. I doubt many people outside the über-kraken guilds will ever see max rewards.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    I'm one of those that had been getting top 10 in HSith for ages. Not because there's anything special about my roster but because a lot of my guild - well, the majority really - weren't bothered about it. Already finding the same thing for KD. People not bothering.

So I'm squeezed at both ends. I know that's an internal guild thing and I'm not blaming my officers. They do what they can.

Anyway just my experience of the changes up to this point.
  • nottenst
    711 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with this raid, is that we run it twice a weak and use the same teams over and over again.
    It is even worse, if some teams rely on good rng and need a lot of attempts for a good score. I constantly get the 6.2m crate (in 5 battles), but it's starting to be really unfun.
    It would be so great, if once cg 'fixed' the 5 attemps, that we get a sim option that submits the personal scores from the previous raid. Once you worked on teams to improve your scores, you can decide to do your 5 attempts instead.

One option I'd like is if it would save your score and you could use the same squad and then replace it if you get a better score. It is very frustrating to get a decent score which might not max out the level and then in subsequent attempts you can't even duplicate it.