Opinion: Krayt Dragon raid just drags

Prev1
Tsfletch
189 posts Member
New content should be fun and exciting to draw new players and revitalize old players. All this did was create a huge outcry about reward nerfs. It’s boring, repetitive trash. You use the same few teams to do the same few actions over and over until you die or max your tier. There’s some strategy involved but limited teams means limited innovation. I’m not advocating for them to open it up to all factions, I understand the principle behind it so that’s not going to happen. What I’d like to see is the next raid not be a poorly planned pile of garbage. Pit, Tank and Sith all have phases with different aspects involved requiring different teams and strategies at different times to achieve results that changed the raid to the next phase. Krayt seems like they came up with an initial framework then never touched it or thought about it until a week before launch. Visually it’s cool but who cares? You might as well do a cut scene and pass out rewards based on the length of time someone watches. 🤷‍♂️

Replies

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy it personally, and the factions used are useful elsewhere in the game (ok, Jawas kind of meh)...

Considering all 3 of the other raids can easily be solo'd with one team and the Crancor was basically throwing your roster against the wasll, I would say using 5 to get as much as you can is more fun and challenging.... YMMV
  • Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    Options
    The Pit, Sith, Tank raid all have teams that you can solo with one team alone
  • Khodan29
    32 posts Member
    Options
    They do now, but they didn't when they first came out. Creating a new raid is a good thing (especially if they are setting up an easier framework for future raids), but their implementation of it could have been better.
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options
    I missed almost two years, return just before raid change hit and must say that new raid system is much, much better than old one in my opinion. Removing intra-guild competition and splitting rewards between guild and personal stacks instead is excellent solution. Setting not only per-player, but even per-team difficulty is excellent solution. Solving "solo the raid with specific squad" thing gives players more freedom in choosing which squad to develop instead of basically forcing to promote extremely specific squad setups. So as common player I don't see any real flaws in the current system.

Rewards, difficulty settings, boss abilities, squad requirements - this all can be tuned, and it's yet to be seen how good CG will be able to tune up Krait and future raids. But the system itself seems to be very, very promising.

Boring and repetitive now, someone say? Need to use only few teams every time? I beg you reconsider; I still remember time when you were required count to seven endless times, raid after raid after raid, or raid after raid make endless attempts to set up some crazy teams against the random. That was fun for the first few times but not for the following months/years of farm. And Krait definitely isn't worse. It's yet to be seen what we will see in the future though.
  • Options
    It is a good structure. Limited factions is better for balance, theme, and incentivizes investing in them.

Hitting anytime in three days is good.

Currency reward system is OK.

The fact that, at best, we are endlessly grinding to tread water is awful. The raid is always on. Have to hit your score every 3 days. What do we get? Nothing new to progress our rosters. No new progression (not that I want r10 or anything). No new unit. No way to speed up the relic grind due to absence of signal data rewards.

Something needs to be removed from the time spent. Put more events like smugglers run on sim. The NS and Ewok events, etc.

For Heaven's Sake, make conquest nodes simmable. This would be my top improvement to SWGOH right now.
  • Options
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    New content should be fun and exciting to draw new players and revitalize old players. All this did was create a huge outcry about reward nerfs. It’s boring, repetitive trash. You use the same few teams to do the same few actions over and over until you die or max your tier. There’s some strategy involved but limited teams means limited innovation. I’m not advocating for them to open it up to all factions, I understand the principle behind it so that’s not going to happen. What I’d like to see is the next raid not be a poorly planned pile of garbage. Pit, Tank and Sith all have phases with different aspects involved requiring different teams and strategies at different times to achieve results that changed the raid to the next phase. Krayt seems like they came up with an initial framework then never touched it or thought about it until a week before launch. Visually it’s cool but who cares? You might as well do a cut scene and pass out rewards based on the length of time someone watches. 🤷‍♂️

They were too busy working on the 5th grade level of quality LOTR game.
  • Tsfletch
    189 posts Member
    Options
    I second the simmable conquest nodes. (Seriously who wouldn’t?) That would take out so much time and aggravation from the game plus I could dump some of the 100k+ sim tickets I have piled up lol
  • Jed_Eye
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Dawnsinger wrote: »
    Not sure what you’re math you’re doing, but it’s more gear for at least 80% of players getting to the 25m box (everyone who didn’t routinely get top 10 HSTR rewards), and 100% of the players getting to the 130m+ box.

I assume you were one of the lucky few who benefited from being in a guild where only a few people were around for the 30 minute HSTR was open and could regularly get double the rewards everyone else got, but for the rest of us the increase in rewards, both quantity and quality is a huge improvement.
    I loved the sound of raid revamping.

So far, what I've seen/felt is... a total let down.

MASSIVELY reduced rewards.
    The Prices are so blown up that you can't get close to what you used to get.
    Do the math, try buying what the old raids gave you.
    This is a HUGE let down in a resource game.

Completely removed 6 hard earned GLs & boatloads of very good relic'd teams from use in raids.
    I get why they are limiting teams, Heck, I agree w/ it.
    But the underhanded way they introduced the newest raid & only made useful teams that most people either don't have Jabba, or, are way under geared Jawas/Tuskens, or aren't a full team. (OR Jedi)
    I hate the phrase "slap in the face" but it was nothing less than a greedy **** bag move to invalidate the majority of rosters on the first new raid.

They could have made the DeathStar raid that people have been wanting for years & picked some opening factions that could actually participate for a lot of the population. (Rebels, Empire, Scoundrels, Jedi/Sith)
    Or maybe the Zillo Beast from Clone Wars & use factions (GR, Seps, Clones, Jedi)

And how long are we going to be stuck not using our best teams?
    A month, a Year? If TB is any indicator its going to be a long while before they come up with a new one.

Also not sure what math you are doing....

Rancor raid gear has received the only boost..

G11/g12/g12+ finishers have been severely cut
    Credits have been cut, hurting mod progress and mod upgrade materials have been completely removed.

We are not even mentioning the removal of shards that would also go to ssc for g12 and finisher pieces and the total lack of kyros.

And have you looked at the price of ccb or bronzium wirings. Ohh and I forgot that they took away aeromagnifiers....

Your math is lacking....
  • Tsfletch
    189 posts Member
    Options

[/quote]

Credits have been cut, hurting mod progress and mod upgrade materials have been completely removed.

We are not even mentioning the removal of shards that would also go to ssc for g12 and finisher pieces and the total lack of kyros.

And have you looked at the price of ccb or bronzium wirings. Ohh and I forgot that they took away aeromagnifiers....

Your math is lacking....[/quote]

Nailed it except at the end I would have gone with “I find your lack of math disturbing”
  • Options
    Don’t know what to tell you other than you’re wrong. Checkout TVFs breakdown of his multiple weeks of data collection pre-change here on the forums. Or Danius breakdown on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/13d8hl1/updated_raid_reward_comparison_postchanges/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=2&utm_term=1

Or Kidori’s breakdown based on the drop rates of the raid boxes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L0jvKJ2fszacimYnaYrSEq7B9giBh_VdU1D5LDzFRJ0/edit?usp=sharing

Lots of people have put in good work to figure out the old average raid rewards with a few different approaches landing on about the same answer. There’s actual good math in all this.

All of the things except Kyros you’re talking about can be bought with the new mats at the same rate or better in the new raid. The only thing we’re really losing out on is Kyros from GET2.
    Jed_Eye wrote: »
    Dawnsinger wrote: »
    Not sure what you’re math you’re doing, but it’s more gear for at least 80% of players getting to the 25m box (everyone who didn’t routinely get top 10 HSTR rewards), and 100% of the players getting to the 130m+ box.

I assume you were one of the lucky few who benefited from being in a guild where only a few people were around for the 30 minute HSTR was open and could regularly get double the rewards everyone else got, but for the rest of us the increase in rewards, both quantity and quality is a huge improvement.
    I loved the sound of raid revamping.

So far, what I've seen/felt is... a total let down.

MASSIVELY reduced rewards.
    The Prices are so blown up that you can't get close to what you used to get.
    Do the math, try buying what the old raids gave you.
    This is a HUGE let down in a resource game.

Completely removed 6 hard earned GLs & boatloads of very good relic'd teams from use in raids.
    I get why they are limiting teams, Heck, I agree w/ it.
    But the underhanded way they introduced the newest raid & only made useful teams that most people either don't have Jabba, or, are way under geared Jawas/Tuskens, or aren't a full team. (OR Jedi)
    I hate the phrase "slap in the face" but it was nothing less than a greedy **** bag move to invalidate the majority of rosters on the first new raid.

They could have made the DeathStar raid that people have been wanting for years & picked some opening factions that could actually participate for a lot of the population. (Rebels, Empire, Scoundrels, Jedi/Sith)
    Or maybe the Zillo Beast from Clone Wars & use factions (GR, Seps, Clones, Jedi)

And how long are we going to be stuck not using our best teams?
    A month, a Year? If TB is any indicator its going to be a long while before they come up with a new one.

Your math is lacking....

• LinkyTriforce
    78 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Can we just sim the Krayt Dragon yet?

I do think the rewards right now are tons better than what we had..Do we have less? Yes, but we can pick and choose what we want and need which is 10x better than getting more random junk you don't need.

If you are getting less than before? Well there is a very high chance that you were being carried and earning more than you were entitled to.

Welcome to the life of earning what you provide.
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • Badger_Diaz
    231 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

If you are getting less than before? Well there is a very high chance that you were being carried and earning more than you were entitled to.

Care to explain that logic?
  • LynxVJ
    138 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    [/quote]

Nailed it except at the end I would have gone with “I find your lack of math disturbing” [/quote]

Can you show your math so as to make it less disturbing for everyone else?
  • Ultra
    11532 posts Moderator
    Options

You could just join the raid and do nothing and let others clear the raid for you and you reap the rewards (See: CPit raid or guilds where people would merc Sith Raid for you)
  • Options
    The problem with this raid, is that we run it twice a weak and use the same teams over and over again.
    It is even worse, if some teams rely on good rng and need a lot of attempts for a good score. I constantly get the 6.2m crate (in 5 battles), but it's starting to be really unfun.
    It would be so great, if once cg 'fixed' the 5 attemps, that we get a sim option that submits the personal scores from the previous raid. Once you worked on teams to improve your scores, you can decide to do your 5 attempts instead.
  • Tsfletch
    189 posts Member
    Options
    The problem with this raid, is that we run it twice a weak and use the same teams over and over again.
    It is even worse, if some teams rely on good rng and need a lot of attempts for a good score. I constantly get the 6.2m crate (in 5 battles), but it's starting to be really unfun.
    It would be so great, if once cg 'fixed' the 5 attemps, that we get a sim option that submits the personal scores from the previous raid. Once you worked on teams to improve your scores, you can decide to do your 5 attempts instead.

Thanks for bringing this back on topic, we were moving off target with all the rewards talk. My post was originally about the boring and repetitive nature of this raid which I’m feeling already and it’s brand new. I can’t imagine how mind numbing it’s going to be 6 months down the road after doing it twice a week every week. The only thing I can say in favor of it is that it’s making Conquest less horrible by comparison. Rewards debate aside, imho this was a very poor effort on CG’s part.
  • Options
    I think the original point isn’t a bad one even if I enjoy the raid currently. I think sometime in the future, the option to resubmit your personal best score for the raid would be a good option. Maybe even make that option cost you personal track rewards so you could choose between extra efforts for rewards, or taking the raid off without hurting your guild?
  • LordDirt
    5042 posts Member
    Options
    246 characters and we are limited to 39 of them. Getting boring fast.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Gawejn
    1124 posts Member
    Options

I spend today 35 minutes to get good score with one team. Rng wasnt in my favour. I wont be doing this every week twice. Time to quit.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Realistically though, how many characters did you honestly use before?

HAAT and HPIT was on sim = 0
    HSTR = Solo with SLKR, HUX, KRU = 3
    Crancor = Spam your roster on auto = 0 actually used
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »

I spend today 35 minutes to get good score with one team. Rng wasnt in my favour. I wont be doing this every week twice. Time to quit.

How can you logically complain that we get a week off from GAC because you have "nothing to do" then complain about something that takes you 35 minutes twice a week?
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »

How can you logically complain that we get a week off from GAC because you have "nothing to do" then complain about something that takes you 35 minutes twice a week?

You must be new to forum, lol
  • LordDirt
    5042 posts Member
    Options

But we did have options from our whole roster. Now we are limited to 39 and a few attacks. Getting old real quick. No way people will continue to enjoy this raid much longer.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

You could just join the raid and do nothing and let others clear the raid for you and you reap the rewards (See: CPit raid or guilds where people would merc Sith Raid for you)

We all get that but those are the ones getting more now. Those getting less were the ones doing all the work in hstr and cpit. I’ve been converted to not hating the rewards by just viewing it as a reset and not an expansion of rewards but it doesn’t change the fact that if you are getting less than before it’s more likely you were doing the caring and not being carried.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

But we did have options from our whole roster. Now we are limited to 39 and a few attacks. Getting old real quick. No way people will continue to enjoy this raid much longer.

Did anyone actually "enjoy" the raids before?.... Just personally speaking here, but this is heads and tails better than a 3 man solo and a roster puke in Crancor .... I mean, really, If you were soloing the HSTR with the 3 man SLKR did you find that "enjoyable" or did you use any of the other god knows how many characters you had at your disposal?

Again, don't get me wrong, I wish there was a raid character that would motivate us more and I wish there was more room to strategize and theorycraft, but we certainly weren't doing much of that prior to this raid coming along and hopefully there will be some new options coming down th pipeline as they said...
  • LordDirt
    5042 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, CG is making a lot of stuff more guild orientated. Putting a lot of stain on guilds. I know it is for the guild I am in.
  • Options

Actually it is 25 when they fix the bug…
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options

Did anyone actually "enjoy" the raids before?.... Just personally speaking here, but this is heads and tails better than a 3 man solo and a roster puke in Crancor .... I mean, really, If you were soloing the HSTR with the 3 man SLKR did you find that "enjoyable" or did you use any of the other god knows how many characters you had at your disposal?

Again, don't get me wrong, I wish there was a raid character that would motivate us more and I wish there was more room to strategize and theorycraft, but we certainly weren't doing much of that prior to this raid coming along and hopefully there will be some new options coming down th pipeline as they said...

If looking at raids right before krayt you have a point, but to me at least; Sith raid stayed fun for a long time. The fact that we could solo it at its later life stage is because cg didn't bother to release new ones as power increased. But the raid itself was both fun and well designed.

The current raid got stale after first run when my **** jawas beat it, and then for some reason I had to try beat it 4 more times with varying difficulty, what the rest of the guild did had zero baring on my experience. To me it feels more like a fancy dps calculator used to practice for a raid to be honest.

This raid would be fine, or even a great improvement, as a new take on galactic challenges. But as a raid it feels very hollow.
  • E3P0
    110 posts Member
    Options
    I mean I've never been a fan of raids. No matter how interesting they're just too repetitive, grindy, and not worth the time investment for what you get out of it. Taking the same team in over and over again trying to find that one optimal run just isn't my idea of a good time. So in that regard it's a wash with before. With the only downside being that now we're more forced to engage with it. (though this was also the case with many prior raids when they first came into the game)

"You might as well do a cut scene and pass out rewards based on the length of time someone watches."
    If you are unironically suggesting what's essentially the equivalent of "Watch ad now to unlock new content" that is the scourge of thousands of mobile games, I have to hard disagree and call the whole post a bad take.
  • E3P0
    110 posts Member
    Options
    And have you looked at the price of ccb or bronzium wirings.
    Not everything you can buy is a good deal. That has always been the case. (Have you complained about green and blue ability mats being in cantina shipments? or do you do what the rest of us do and just ignore them) There's going to be high and low value choices in every store. Learning the difference is part of how good players can separate themselves from bad ones. It sucks that these "bad player traps" exist, but it is what it is.

One of the key things that seems to not get due credit in any discussion of the rewards changes is the value of player choice. Being able to pick exactly what you need is a huge boon. Even if you *were* getting way more rewards before (and it seems by the various analyses shared above, this would only have been by always participating and getting top ranks), was it really better to be constantly pulling that digital slot machine lever hoping for the right salvage to drop? Potentially going 3 or 4 raids in a row getting utter trash? Or would you rather be able to immediately target and select the exact salvage that you want for your current needs?

Overall, they made many various levels of gearing massively easier with these changes. But they're not going to entirely remove all upgrade bottlenecks. If they did that, that would be removing one of the core foundations of the game (building up your toons) and very quickly we'd all have near maxed out rosters.