Rework Plo Koon

Prev1
Plo koons's kit is super weak especially for a jedi master who was regarded as one of the best duelest and force users. And why cant he use "Divine Judgment"? He coined the technique and was the only jedi other then luke and jace solo to use it. He needs a hard rework.

Replies

• BNCS
    75 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    +1000 he is my favorite Jedi and it hurts my soul that he is complete garbage
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    +1, please consider adding potency.

(*Force Judgment)
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    While I do support this, I urge patience until the Combat Upgrade.
  • Options
    I agree, he's a jedi master and needs to be buffed
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    He's pretty awful right now. The only play he gets with me is the tank challenge, but as soon as I unlock Boba or Fives, that will change.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Patience...
    Feel the Force flow...
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Patience...
    Feel the Force flow...

While I agree with you that many discussions would be better off if put on ice for now, I would say Plo Koon's problem isn't at all about the current meta. It's simply that he lacks the potency needed for any of his attacks to to actually stick. His skill palette is not bad really, but I have literally never seen him actually dispel a buff with his basic attack, outside of playful GW battles vs teams twelve levels below. He just needs a major potency upgrade.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Patience...
    Feel the Force flow...

While I agree with you that many discussions would be better off if put on ice for now, I would say Plo Koon's problem isn't at all about the current meta. It's simply that he lacks the potency needed for any of his attacks to to actually stick. His skill palette is not bad really, but I have literally never seen him actually dispel a buff with his basic attack, outside of playful GW battles vs teams twelve levels below. He just needs a major potency upgrade.

That is different than a major rework, and could easily have been slipped into a larger Combat Upgrade...
  • Options
    A damage buff and syncing with Jedi as well as clones would help
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Solidg2000 wrote: »
    A damage buff and syncing with Jedi as well as clones would help

He is getting a damage buff next week...
  • Options
    Glad hes getting something but still think his kit could be adjusted all jedi worked with clones that isn't neccesarily anything special bout him other then he said i wont let any of you die while talking to clones in the animated clone wars. Think it would be more charistic to give him some of the unique force powers he possessed or even focused on his style of dueling which was the more slow and powerful similar to anakin/vader. As it is now i dont see buffing damage or even potency making him a viable champ.
  • Options
    Also glad to see others in the community feel the same way
  • Options
    That would be nice. There are more Jedi than any other group and yet, so many issues of weakness....
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Plo Koon revamped
    plo_koon__color_palette_challenge_by_melhell84-d88v2bw.jpg

Plo Koon was a stern and philosophical Kel Dor Jedi master, utterly dedicated, serious, and with a deep compassion for his friends and students. He was the one who first discovered and brought Ahsoka Tano into the Jedi order. Of all Jedi, he seems to me to be the closest to embody many of the so-called classic samurai traits - as they are popularized today.

Plo Koon was a veteran of many conflicts. He carried himself with dignity and never showed hesitation. He actively adopted a black and white mindset in the face of danger, but was far too deeply immersed in the Jedi teachings to succumb to the lure of the Dark Side.

As a lightsaber duelist, Plo Koon was a lethal and relentless combatant, unphased by pain and wounds. His great physical strength made him naturally adept at form V, Shien, an aggressive style focusing on countering and overwhelming the opponent. Even with a broken arm, he could stand up one on one against Asajj Ventress. Darth Maul considered him one of the biggest threats in the Jedi order.

Plo Koon was one of very few Jedi who possessed the ability to use a less potent Light Side variant of Force Lightning. He called it Electric Judgment, and its use was frowned upon by the Jedi.
    3820180-star+wars+-+clone+wars+adventures+volume+6-075.jpg

Plo Koon - new abilities
    Jedi tank who punishes overly aggressive enemies and protects allies from harm.

Basic attack
    Punishing blow - deals physical damage. This attack cannot be avoided or countered. For every ally killed by the target enemy, Plo Koon's damage against that enemy increases by 100%.

Special ability
    Electric Judgment - Deals damage to all opponents. For every buff the opponents have, there's a (%) chance that it is removed. If an opponent has no buffs, there's a (%) chance to apply offense down for X turns.

Special Ability 2
    Form V - Deal physical damage to one opponent and lock their abilities for (x) turns. If the opponent's physical damage power is higher than Plo Koon's own, Plo Koon also deals (%) of that difference in extra damage, and gains Retaliation for (x) turns.

Unique ability
    Veteran's resolve - When any team member falls below 50% HP, Plo Koon grants them Defense up and they gain (%) turn meter. Any time an ally is killed, Plo Koon Exposes the killer for (x) turns and immediately gains (%) turn meter.

I've attempted to keep all of Plo Koon's old skills (except for the leadership skill) but revamped them to suit his lore. Plo Koon is now an offensive Jedi tank with limited initial attack power but high potential threat level, forcing enemies to disable him first, or risk powering him up to deal very powerful blows to the most important enemy damage dealers later in battle.

Electric Judgment is now a combination of old Plo's basic attack and old Force Judgment. Form V would help make Plo Koon more useful right from the start of a battle, whereas Electric Judgment might be better to save for any buffs the opponent may gain, and Plo's basic attack only really becomes damaging once the battle has gone on for some time. Form V can be used straight off the bat, but stays true to the concept of the character, that he becomes stronger against heavy attackers, and focuses on dominating them in combat. Retaliation fits perfectly with Form V and also makes it a little more costly for enemy teams to take out Plo Koon early.

This is really just an attempt to fan the flames of discussion a little, with a few ideas. Would be great to see what kits others could come up with, that would fit the lore and also give this beloved character a well deserved and unique spot in the Jedi teams.
    e6809eacadf19f4e9d249e8c1a3f0737.jpg
    Post edited by Nonemo on
  • Options
    +1 on all these.
  • Options
    I've been calling it divine judgment ur right it was electric. It's what I've been saying they should of incorporated it in his kit. He could so much even manipulate the environment around him and the weather. A strong duelist as well. I like your rework. I know your trying to keep his old traits but I don't see a necessity to have synergy with clones then any other jedi did when he actually had stronger bonds to jedis. Ie. he had a telepathic bond with Asohka
  • Options
    I enjoy reading these revamped threads (the lore is fascinating and the effort put in is really exceptional), however I personally like the idea that Plo has a natural buff removal on his basic attack (Note that I state idea, since his potency still makes it somewhat unreliable).
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    JerryFoote wrote: »
    I've been calling it divine judgment ur right it was electric. It's what I've been saying they should of incorporated it in his kit. He could so much even manipulate the environment around him and the weather. A strong duelist as well. I like your rework. I know your trying to keep his old traits but I don't see a necessity to have synergy with clones then any other jedi did when he actually had stronger bonds to jedis. Ie. he had a telepathic bond with Asohka

You're right, all the Jedi formed strong bonds with the Clones. Maybe it could be argued that few were quite as seasoned in the military life as Plo, but that might be belittling the experience of other great Jedi like Kenobi. I could definitely try and think of another leadership skill for Plo. Maybe a variant of his old Overwatch skill, but expanded to also have a chance to make attacks unavoidable? Would probably be popular in the present Dooku fever. :)

Or maybe you have some other ideas?
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    +1, please consider adding potency.

(*Force Judgment)
    Patience...
    Feel the Force flow...

Plo Koon revamped

Plo Koon was a stern and philosophical Kel Dor Jedi master, utterly dedicated, serious, and with a deep compassion for his friends and students. He was the one who first discovered and brought Ahsoka Tano into the Jedi order. Of all Jedi, he seems to me to be the closest to embody many of the so-called classic samurai traits - as they are popularized today.

Plo Koon was a veteran of many conflicts. He carried himself with dignity and never showed hesitation. He actively adopted a black and white mindset in the face of danger, but was far too deeply immersed in the Jedi teachings to succumb to the lure of the Dark Side.

As a lightsaber duelist, Plo Koon was a lethal and relentless combatant, unphased by pain and wounds. His great physical strength made him naturally adept at form V, Shien, an aggressive style focusing on countering and overwhelming the opponent. Even with a broken arm, he could stand up one on one against Asajj Ventress. Darth Maul considered him one of the biggest threats in the Jedi order.

Plo Koon was one of very few Jedi who possessed the ability to use a less potent Light Side variant of Force Lightning. He called it Electric Judgment, and its use was frowned upon by the Jedi.

Plo Koon - new abilities

Basic attack
    Punishing blow - deals physical damage. This attack cannot be avoided or countered. For every ally killed by the target enemy, Plo Koon's damage against that enemy increases by 100%.

Special ability
    Electric Judgment - Deals damage to all opponents. For every buff the opponents have, there's a (%) chance that it is removed. If an opponent has no buffs, there's a (%) chance to apply offense down for X turns.

Unique ability
    Veteran's resolve - When any team member falls below 50% HP, Plo Koon grants them Defense up and they gain (%) turn meter. Any time an ally is killed, Plo Koon Exposes the killer for (x) turns and immediately gains (%) turn meter.

Leadership skill
    Clone commander - Clones under Plo Koon gain +(%) offense.

I've attempted to keep all of Plo Koon's old skills (except for the leadership skill) but revamped them to suit his lore. Plo Koon is now an offensive Jedi tank with limited initial attack power but high potential threat level, forcing enemies to disable him first, or risk powering him up to deal very powerful blows to the most important enemy damage dealers later in battle.

Electric Judgment is now a combination of old Plo's basic attack and old Force Judgment. The old Clone synergy is now embedded in Plo's leadership skill, while the turn meter manipulation is toned down, and now a passive, protective skill. This means he will still synergize well with Clone teams, and provide a little more gung-ho Clone squad play style, instead of Rex's more defensive skills.

This is really just an attempt to fan the flames of discussion a little, with a few ideas. Would be great to see what kits others could come up with, that would fit the lore and also give this beloved character a well deserved and unique spot in the Jedi teams.

Noneno 100% agree
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    I would use him no matter what if they gave him his yellow lightsaber.
  • Options
    Plo Koon revamped

Plo Koon - new abilities

Basic attack

Special ability

Unique ability

Leadership skill
    Clone commander - Clones under Plo Koon gain +(%) offense.

Electric Judgment is now a combination of old Plo's basic attack and old Force Judgment. The old Clone synergy is now embedded in Plo's leadership skill, while the turn meter manipulation is toned down, and now a passive, protective skill. This means he will still synergize well with Clone teams, and provide a little more gung-ho Clone squad play style, instead of Rex's more defensive skills.

If they revamp him like this then I will start using him.
  • Options
    More potency and a taunt and he adds value.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    Plo Koon is the second Jedi rubbish in this game.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I'm in favor of @Nonemo suggested rework.

I already have my Plo Koon at gear 9 level 73 and 7 stars. I'm ready day 1 for his rework.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    That sounds good, but a better leadership still.. To clones and Jedi.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, I gave it some extra thought and realized that most Jedi already have leadership skills. There's a lot available to choose from. Since Plo had two special abilities before, it might be prudent to simply remove his earlier, useless leadership skill and go back to two special abilities instead. So here's my suggestion.

Plo Koon revamped
    3820179-star+wars+-+clone+wars+adventures+volume+6-074.jpg
    Ability 2, Form V - Deal physical damage to one opponent and lock their abilities for (x) turns. If the opponent's physical damage power is higher than Plo Koon's own, Plo Koon also deals (%) of that difference in extra damage, and gains Retaliation for (x) turns.

This second ability would give Plo Koon a broader palette and make him more useful right from the start of a battle, whereas Electric Judgment might be better to save for any buffs the opponent may gain, and Plo's basic attack only really becomes damaging once the battle has gone on for some time. This second ability can be used straight off the bat, but stays true to the concept of the character, that he becomes stronger against heavy attackers. Retaliation fits perfectly with Form V and also makes it a little more costly for enemy teams to take out Plo Koon early.

I'll update my original post with this new suggestion.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Nonemo I think the leader skill plo has will be necessary if Ewok Teebo lead becomes a thing other then that it's useless but he is one of the only toons de removes stealth but everyone knows why he isn't ever used. Potency is his main downfall

I must say though that your version of plo is much better then the current but if he actually applied the offense down we wouldn't be having this chat.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    @Nonemo I think the leader skill plo has will be necessary if Ewok Teebo lead becomes a thing other then that it's useless but he is one of the only toons de removes stealth but everyone knows why he isn't ever used. Potency is his main downfall

I must say though that your version of plo is much better then the current but if he actually applied the offense down we wouldn't be having this chat.

Yep, that's right. If he was even just a little reliable in debuffing and dispelling buffs, he'd be much more useful. Still a little low on utility to earn a place on a Jedi squad though, I feel. But he'd at least improve from useless to lackluster.

His leadership skill today is so very situational. I would agree that an anti stealth ability is needed in the game, but using the precious leadership slot for it puts it in an extremely tough competition. I'd suggest that they take the skill off Plo and add another anti stealth ability to a coming toon.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Oh btw, since my suggestion for revamping Plo Koon in this thread seemed to get good response, I went ahead and posted it in the feedback section too, so it can hopefully garner some dev attention. Plo would be the perfect Jedi tank I think, and it's something the Jedi need in this game...