Rework Plo Koon

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I would like to see him revamped.
    This is another example of a thoughtless design. He's a tank with low health, or a support with low potency and limited benefits, or situational leader for a threat that's yet to surface.

What I'd do with him is pump up his health to that of a top tier tank, combine Force Judgment's effect into Quelling Blow, and include Jedi in Take Charge. His area attack could instead have low chances for Stun, Slow, and Turn Meter Reduction in addition to a remove stealth effect. I don't see anything wrong with is leader ability so long as he gets a decent passive ability. I'd give him a passive similar to a taunt in which he defends the damaged party members making him a true Jedi tank. I see it as something like this:
    1. Whenever an ally is damaged Plo Koon has 50% chance to Defend the next time they are attacked. Plo Koon absorbs damage for defended ally.
    2. Add 25% chance to deflect 25% of damage.
    3. Add 25% chance to deflect. Deflect 25% more damage.
    4. Increase Defend chance to 75%.
    5. Plo Koon absorbs 50% of damage and deflects the remainder.
    6. Add 10% chance to reflect half damage back to the attacker.
    7. Deflect all damage.
    8. Add 5% chance to reflect full damage back to the attacker.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Plo Koon revamped
    plo_koon__color_palette_challenge_by_melhell84-d88v2bw.jpg

Plo Koon was a stern and philosophical Kel Dor Jedi master, utterly dedicated, serious, and with a deep compassion for his friends and students. He was the one who first discovered and brought Ahsoka Tano into the Jedi order. Of all Jedi, he seems to me to be the closest to embody many of the so-called classic samurai traits - as they are popularized today.

Plo Koon was a veteran of many conflicts. He carried himself with dignity and never showed hesitation. He actively adopted a black and white mindset in the face of danger, but was far too deeply immersed in the Jedi teachings to succumb to the lure of the Dark Side.

As a lightsaber duelist, Plo Koon was a lethal and relentless combatant, unphased by pain and wounds. His great physical strength made him naturally adept at form V, Shien, an aggressive style focusing on countering and overwhelming the opponent. Even with a broken arm, he could stand up one on one against Asajj Ventress. Darth Maul considered him one of the biggest threats in the Jedi order.

Plo Koon was one of very few Jedi who possessed the ability to use a less potent Light Side variant of Force Lightning. He called it Electric Judgment, and its use was frowned upon by the Jedi.
    3820180-star+wars+-+clone+wars+adventures+volume+6-075.jpg

Plo Koon - new abilities
    Jedi tank who punishes overly aggressive enemies and protects allies from harm.

Basic attack
    Punishing blow - deals physical damage. This attack cannot be avoided or countered. For every ally killed by the target enemy, Plo Koon's damage against that enemy increases by 100%.

Special ability
    Electric Judgment - Deals damage to all opponents. For every buff the opponents have, there's a (%) chance that it is removed. If an opponent has no buffs, there's a (%) chance to apply offense down for X turns.

Special Ability 2
    Form V - Deal physical damage to one opponent and lock their abilities for (x) turns. If the opponent's physical damage power is higher than Plo Koon's own, Plo Koon also deals (%) of that difference in extra damage, and gains Retaliation for (x) turns.

Unique ability
    Veteran's resolve - When any team member falls below 50% HP, Plo Koon grants them Defense up and they gain (%) turn meter. Any time an ally is killed, Plo Koon Exposes the killer for (x) turns and immediately gains (%) turn meter.

I've attempted to keep all of Plo Koon's old skills (except for the leadership skill) but revamped them to suit his lore. Plo Koon is now an offensive Jedi tank with limited initial attack power but high potential threat level, forcing enemies to disable him first, or risk powering him up to deal very powerful blows to the most important enemy damage dealers later in battle.

Electric Judgment is now a combination of old Plo's basic attack and old Force Judgment. Form V would help make Plo Koon more useful right from the start of a battle, whereas Electric Judgment might be better to save for any buffs the opponent may gain, and Plo's basic attack only really becomes damaging once the battle has gone on for some time. Form V can be used straight off the bat, but stays true to the concept of the character, that he becomes stronger against heavy attackers, and focuses on dominating them in combat. Retaliation fits perfectly with Form V and also makes it a little more costly for enemy teams to take out Plo Koon early.

This is really just an attempt to fan the flames of discussion a little, with a few ideas. Would be great to see what kits others could come up with, that would fit the lore and also give this beloved character a well deserved and unique spot in the Jedi teams.
    e6809eacadf19f4e9d249e8c1a3f0737.jpg

+1 on everything here...I love it
  • Options
    Plo Koon revamped

Plo Koon was a stern and philosophical Kel Dor Jedi master, utterly dedicated, serious, and with a deep compassion for his friends and students. He was the one who first discovered and brought Ahsoka Tano into the Jedi order. Of all Jedi, he seems to me to be the closest to embody many of the so-called classic samurai traits - as they are popularized today.

Plo Koon was a veteran of many conflicts. He carried himself with dignity and never showed hesitation. He actively adopted a black and white mindset in the face of danger, but was far too deeply immersed in the Jedi teachings to succumb to the lure of the Dark Side.

As a lightsaber duelist, Plo Koon was a lethal and relentless combatant, unphased by pain and wounds. His great physical strength made him naturally adept at form V, Shien, an aggressive style focusing on countering and overwhelming the opponent. Even with a broken arm, he could stand up one on one against Asajj Ventress. Darth Maul considered him one of the biggest threats in the Jedi order.

Plo Koon was one of very few Jedi who possessed the ability to use a less potent Light Side variant of Force Lightning. He called it Electric Judgment, and its use was frowned upon by the Jedi.

Plo Koon - new abilities

Basic attack
    Punishing blow - deals physical damage. This attack cannot be avoided or countered. For every ally killed by the target enemy, Plo Koon's damage against that enemy increases by 100%.

Special ability
    Electric Judgment - Deals damage to all opponents. For every buff the opponents have, there's a (%) chance that it is removed. If an opponent has no buffs, there's a (%) chance to apply offense down for X turns.

Special Ability 2
    Form V - Deal physical damage to one opponent and lock their abilities for (x) turns. If the opponent's physical damage power is higher than Plo Koon's own, Plo Koon also deals (%) of that difference in extra damage, and gains Retaliation for (x) turns.

Unique ability
    Veteran's resolve - When any team member falls below 50% HP, Plo Koon grants them Defense up and they gain (%) turn meter. Any time an ally is killed, Plo Koon Exposes the killer for (x) turns and immediately gains (%) turn meter.

I've attempted to keep all of Plo Koon's old skills (except for the leadership skill) but revamped them to suit his lore. Plo Koon is now an offensive Jedi tank with limited initial attack power but high potential threat level, forcing enemies to disable him first, or risk powering him up to deal very powerful blows to the most important enemy damage dealers later in battle.

Electric Judgment is now a combination of old Plo's basic attack and old Force Judgment. Form V would help make Plo Koon more useful right from the start of a battle, whereas Electric Judgment might be better to save for any buffs the opponent may gain, and Plo's basic attack only really becomes damaging once the battle has gone on for some time. Form V can be used straight off the bat, but stays true to the concept of the character, that he becomes stronger against heavy attackers, and focuses on dominating them in combat. Retaliation fits perfectly with Form V and also makes it a little more costly for enemy teams to take out Plo Koon early.

This is really just an attempt to fan the flames of discussion a little, with a few ideas. Would be great to see what kits others could come up with, that would fit the lore and also give this beloved character a well deserved and unique spot in the Jedi teams.

I will say that is pretty cool. I'd rather see the 2nd special replace the 1st and add a Taunt in there. Jedi seriously need a taunt for arena and even pve battles.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Plo Koon revamped

Plo Koon - new abilities

Basic attack

Special ability

Special Ability 2

Unique ability

I will say that is pretty cool. I'd rather see the 2nd special replace the 1st and add a Taunt in there. Jedi seriously need a taunt for arena and even pve battles.

My idea is to make a tank who gains such strategic advantages through you ignoring him, that it essentially works like a taunt. There are two pros to this:

1) More strategy. A taunt simply forces you to attack one single toon. You can't do anything about it. There's no strategy involved. And therefore less fun to face in battle.
    2) A taunt can, however, be dispelled. Toons like QGJ love taunters. Plo Koon would be a tank without having to taunt, because the price of ignoring him would be too high.
  • Options
    He is an amazingly bad character he definitely needs a huge buff.
  • Options
    Nonemo. I 100% agree with your skillset idea. Would make him useful but not overpowered. Or really any more powerful than other midrange players like kylo or mace.
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    I've loved PK since Jedi power battles 15 years ago. Don't be deterred by the reviews. If you dust off an old PS1... You'll be on cloud nine ripping through droids with his electric judgment. I really hope he gets a rework in this game.

@nonemo excellent post
  • Options
    Got him to 5* from GW. I should have farmed Mace/Old Ben instead.FORCE JUDGEMENT is just too weak. He should have more HP and do more damage. He needs to be reworked! (He's leader ability is also pretty useless)
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Please, whatever changes, leave his Leadership alone, it is Unique.
    Its one of those things you think is useless until it is necessary.
  • Options
    Excellent rework suggestions Nonemo. Necessary and completely appropriate for his character.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Push2Stops wrote: »
    This is another example of a thoughtless design. He's a tank with low health, or a support with low potency and limited benefits, or situational leader for a threat that's yet to surface.

What I'd do with him is pump up his health to that of a top tier tank, combine Force Judgment's effect into Quelling Blow, and include Jedi in Take Charge. His area attack could instead have low chances for Stun, Slow, and Turn Meter Reduction in addition to a remove stealth effect. I don't see anything wrong with is leader ability so long as he gets a decent passive ability. I'd give him a passive similar to a taunt in which he defends the damaged party members making him a true Jedi tank. I see it as something like this:
    1. Whenever an ally is damaged Plo Koon has 50% chance to Defend the next time they are attacked. Plo Koon absorbs damage for defended ally.
    7. Deflect all damage.

This is a more moderate revamp than mine. I really like the idea of a random damage absorb and I've previously suggested a skill exactly like this but for old Ben, to make him a little more useful even when his skill is on cooldown and also make him a little more likely to actually get killed early once in a while.

The reflection of full damage back to the caster is a nice idea too, very much in line with the Shien lightsaber form.

This idea would, I feel, make Plo into more of an RNG based toon though, and I honestly think that there are quite a lot of those in the meta right now... Between 15% dodge, 25% resurrection and 50% Plo defending, the battles could get a little too messy I am afraid. That's why I think a more predictable increase in threat level would allow players to feel there's more strategy involved and less RNG.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Push2Stops wrote: »

7. Deflect all damage.

This is a more moderate revamp than mine. I really like the idea of a random damage absorb and I've previously suggested a skill exactly like this but for old Ben, to make him a little more useful even when his skill is on cooldown and also make him a little more likely to actually get killed early once in a while.

The reflection of full damage back to the caster is a nice idea too, very much in line with the Shien lightsaber form.

This idea would, I feel, make Plo into more of an RNG based toon though, and I honestly think that there are quite a lot of those in the meta right now... Between 15% dodge, 25% resurrection and 50% Plo defending, the battles could get a little too messy I am afraid. That's why I think a more predictable increase in threat level would allow players to feel there's more strategy involved and less RNG.

As a level 73, gear 9, 7 star Plo Koon holder I age that I'd prefer less RNG.
  • Options
    Plo Koon revamped

Plo Koon - new abilities

Basic attack

Special ability

Special Ability 2

Unique ability

I'm gonna bump and grind the heck out of this post. +1000
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Plo Koon revamped

Plo Koon - new abilities

Basic attack

Special ability

Special Ability 2

Unique ability

I'm gonna bump and grind the heck out of this post. +1000

Hey! Bumping isn't allowed per the forum guidelines. Also, this post is totally not a cleverly concealed bump.
  • Options
    No Nemo, it's not. But who cares? Did you find your dad?