Captain Rex Marquee Event Problems

Replies

• Options
    @Tschysas if bossk is down, if you just focus on Zam, and ignore Dengar it should be possible to kill her eventually and then Dengar when he’s on his own.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • JJSAX
    1 posts Member
    Options
    Same. I have been on auto for about 40 minutes. Bossk is down, but Zam is still going strong.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Arctrooper wrote: »
    I got wrecked by CLS in Tier 1. Lol. I can't remember ever failing a marquee event. I guess Phoenix still sucks even with Captain Rex?
    I vaguely remember some event long-long ago where we were supposed to beat someone (Imperials?) with given Phoenix and they **** badly... Looks like not much changed😅
  • Options
    Just a side note, I have won the tier, but it took over 18 minutes after the hunters gained their payouts.
  • Ultra
    11590 posts Moderator
    Options
    I just opened up Ahnald's stream on this tier and he was able to clear it in 2 minutes on auto
  • StarSon
    7525 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I just opened up Ahnald's stream on this tier and he was able to clear it in 2 minutes on auto

I was on the first try as well. But it's RNG. Not sure what happened to allow that, but I've tried a few times since and haven't been able to reproduce. Always gets stuck.
  • crzydroid
    7383 posts Moderator
    Options
    I tried it again killing Bossk first and it still works. You just need to manage abilities well. Rex AoE gives tm. Dengar still takes a long time and you have to make sure not to waste stun or tmr unless he has Tenacity Down. But it's doable.
  • Options
    World’s first retreat in a marquee event?
  • Options
    45 + minutes and still running for me. Took about 20 minutes and 300 armor shred for Bossk to go down. Zam currently has 500+ armor shreds and she may as well have infinite health. Maybe this encounter is just broken?
  • Options
    Don’t let Bossk taunt. Keep him stunned and kill Zam. Then kill Bossk. Then press auto. Make a sandwich, grab a beverage. Do any dishes and you should be good.
  • StarSon
    7525 posts Member
    Options
    JoeSolo10 wrote: »
    Don’t let Bossk taunt. Keep him stunned and kill Zam. Then kill Bossk. Then press auto. Make a sandwich, grab a beverage. Do any dishes and you should be good.

Sure, just don't let Bossk resist any stuns. ezpz.
  • Options
    Did it in about 3 mins on manual. Killed bossk, killed zam, then dengar. Was shocked to see people were having issues when I signed into the forums to see what todays discussions were.
  • Options
    If the aim of this event was such that we should actively not want to bother farming Rex then good job CG!
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Finally beat it. It's super RNG dependent. Basically focus on keeping Bossk stunned right from the start, and hit Zam with everything that's not a stun. The second Bossk taunts or Zam goes into stealth it's over, just quit and try again.
  • Options
    The enemies in Marquee events aren't usually at relics are they? Could that be the issue? I'm sure in the past they're usually G11/G12.
  • Options
    Simple explanation. The CG variety of English, Encglish, has several false cognates with other varieties. These include beat, as in “specifically designed to beat,” and reduce, as in, “We wanted to reduce friction.”
  • Options
    Finally beat it. It's super RNG dependent. Basically focus on keeping Bossk stunned right from the start, and hit Zam with everything that's not a stun. The second Bossk taunts or Zam goes into stealth it's over, just quit and try again.

Can confirm this worked. Basically Zam has to go down before they get the payout. If that doesn't happen then just restart
  • Options

Really, Ultra? I expected better from you than this.
  • Options
    It is unfathomable how poor these people are at their jobs. Doesn't anyone there realize they're trying to SELL a new character and you should not have him lose most of the time? Does anyone do ANY testing at all? I've lost the marquee event now 4 times out of 5. Why would I want this character?

I guess the money just keeps rolling in so nobody cares. But does nobody have any shame or pride in their work product? This is just....
  • Options
    Tried manual, got bored as hell, left it on auto to see what happened. Had dinner, went for a dump, and an hour and 217 armour shreds later, it's still running. Way to sell a new character, CG... I don't think I'll be bothering.

6n7vzci3njc2.jpg
  • Options
    did maunaul 5 times and auto countless times and i still cant get past tier 2 anyone else having this issue of not being able to pass tier 2
  • Options
    40 mins on autoplay and everyone on both sides keep getting full health when they are a one hit
  • Options

Sure, just don't let Bossk resist any stuns. ezpz.[/quote]

Maybe you got unlucky. Rex applies Tenacity down so they stuck pretty well for me.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Options
    pbchillin wrote: »
    The enemies in Marquee events aren't usually at relics are they? Could that be the issue? I'm sure in the past they're usually G11/G12.

Yeh, in previous marquees our g13 characters were gloriously fighting g10 enemies
    In this enemies became relic... and appears that against equal enemies new shiny is not as good as against g10 XD
  • Options
    Mine finished in ~5 mins on auto.

Must be some RNG. Kill Bossk, Kill Zam, Kill Dengar.
  • Options

Really, Ultra? I expected better from you than this.

I mean... video is video regardless of who makes it - the toons are borrowed so it's not like you can mod a special way. I had a similar experience - tier 2 took about 5 minutes. It's just RNG if you're using auto. If you don't kill bossk before payout, just restart.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Fail lmao
  • Options
    i tried that on my manual attempts and bosk gets that **** ability right off the bat