Captain Rex Marquee Event Problems

Replies

• Options
    I just did tier 2 again, on auto. Took five minutes. Seriously folks, just restart if Bossk gets to payout.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Did CG even test this at all before rolling it out???
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    SchroDogg wrote: »
    Did CG even test this at all before rolling it out???

They did. And honestly if you put in some effort it's not that bad. But it's a weird way to try to showcase a new character.
  • Screerider
    1400 posts Member
    Options
    Uh oh, Maybe we got Nik Sant instead of Rex.
  • Options
    Took me about 10 minutes. Took out bossk then zam, but dengar took the bulk of time. Once it was just him I hit auto, and eventually the math did it.
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    yeah, if his performance in the marquee is an indication of how he will perform in game, he is going to be a low priority farm.
    really low

Ha! You thought. He's going to be required at relic 9 for next GL!
  • Options
    It's a lot easier to actually do the battle versus putting it on Auto. The AI wasn't smart enough to line up what was needed.
  • Options
    It's a lot easier to actually do the battle versus putting it on Auto. The AI wasn't smart enough to line up what was needed.

Tried manually. 20 minutes later I was tired of it all. Put it on auto, almost 30 minutes later it finally cleared. Don’t see why I should have to sit for 20 minutes trying to manually clear an event when the new character is hitting as hard as a wet noodle against a team that’s instantly regens health and protection. Not fun at all. I prefer the old Marquee system since it was less of a time sink.
  • Options
    I don't enjoy the old system nor the new. Just effing give us the shards already!
  • Options
    This is kind of silly. 545 shreds on Zam and 45 on Dengar but yet they're pretty well invincible. I don't know how people are taking out anything in the first round/pre-contract. I tried the beginning of the battle multiple times manually and I've tried leaving on full auto (which resulted in where I'm at now when Bossk *finally* died). I can't reliably stun with these loaned versions of the characters even if I wanted to follow the advice. Seems like the whole event relies on you just happening to get perfect RNG throughout in a game where you're usually lucky to get good RNG in a single phase of a battle.
  • Options
    This is a very , very bad joke.
    More than 40 minutes, 269 shreds on Zam and no end in sight.

Hell, at least we know if we put Bossk, Zam and Dengar on defense, gool ol’ Captain Rex will be useless against them.
  • Options
    Everyone here just crying, dengar has been in the game for god knows how long, everytime you debuf him he heals just use basic against him lol
  • Options
    I’m not saying the event isn’t doable. It is. Yeah sure there are going to be a few people with good RNG that gets it done in under 5 minutes. Then there are those who have shared some screenshots of an absurd amount of armor shreds being applied over the course of 30-40 minutes.

Aside from the abysmal showcase of Rex’s abilities, at least the Armor Shred feat should be doable in one match for Conquest.
  • EmmersonGrant
    32 posts Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Ok, I figured out how to crack it.
    No auto.

No auto.

First shot on Zam, bit if it is the stun, that goes to Bossk. Focus on Zam, but keep your stuns and your dazes on Bossk. Use Cody’s mass attack to really hammer the damage onto Zam. If the bounties get their payouts and Zam isn’t on red (or dead) reset.
    Always stun and daze Bossk.
    When Zam is dead, move to Bossk.
    Stun, daze, sergeant’s TM reducing attack, Cody’s mass attack, rinse repeat. Payouts can be activated, but focus fire on bossk.
    Once Bossk is down, stun, daze, TM reduce, cody’s mass attack on Dengar. rise repeat. Done in less than 5 minutes.
  • Options
    I want more events like this. Needed a chuckle today and this did it.

bsg2vht5qasg.png

• Options
    I just restarted and auto'd over and over again. Eventually, I got lucky and they took down Bossk before PO. Still took a long and I had to take over manually to use basics to finish Dengar instead of weak-hitting AOEs. Maybe don't combine a weak-hitting lineup with character who can regenerate most of their health and protection in one move?

I guess the good news is that Captain Rex will be GREAT for getting those conquest armor shred feats done.
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Everyone here just crying, dengar has been in the game for god knows how long, everytime you debuf him he heals just use basic against him lol

Do you mean the basics that do no damage? When you crit him he heals too. If he gets turns he will throw his bombs and heal up almost too full. How long did this take you on auto basic?
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    Hal_10000 wrote: »
    I just restarted and auto'd over and over again. Eventually, I got lucky and they took down Bossk before PO. Still took a long and I had to take over manually to use basics to finish Dengar instead of weak-hitting AOEs. Maybe don't combine a weak-hitting lineup with character who can regenerate most of their health and protection in one move?

I guess the good news is that Captain Rex will be GREAT for getting those conquest armor shred feats done.

Except the armor shred is tied to his 3v3 GAC omicron and, last I checked, that's not conquest. But yeah, the 3v3 omi felt very underwhelming in the marquee event considering how awful Cody and Sarge are. Really feels like they need stacking offense and crit damage.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Do you mean the basics that do no damage? When you crit him he breaks too. If he gets turns he will throw his bombs and heal up almost too full. How long did this take you on auto basic?

Cant do an auto my guy, use codys call to assist, use rexs basic or stuns only against him no aoe from rex
  • Options
    Except the armor shred is tied to his 3v3 GAC omicron and, last I checked, that's not conquest.

Doh!
  • Options
    Getting wiped by CLS in Tier 1 was enough for me to realize this was a bad marquee event to showcase the character and/or just a bad character design. Either way, pretty disappointing showing for poor Captain Rex.mmwyin6acqn6.png
  • Options
    So going on 45 minutes, Bossk down and 350 shred stacks on Zam, 8 on Dengar. Might be here all day.
  • Options
    Arctrooper wrote: »
    Getting wiped by CLS in Tier 1 was enough for me to realize this was a bad marquee event to showcase the character and/or just a bad character design. Either way, pretty disappointing showing for poor Captain Rex.mmwyin6acqn6.png

How did you manage that? Basic cls counter, target the wookie, target the c3p0 ez pz
  • Options
    7qapno8xfzdp.jpg
    i6unkx2zlvx6.jpg
    i21k5bf8dj5g.jpg
    You gotta kill bossk first and the shapeshifter forget her name 2nd, first time around took 60 armor shreds second time took 30.
    Dont use aoe from rex, time his stun to be exactly when his about to throw the nades, mass aoe from cody, basic from rex and clone trooper should put him in grave
  • Options
    At this point, might at as well see how high it goes... b0ix9ip1hqrl.png
  • Options
    Thank you very much for making the event shorter. One more tier and I'd go crazy.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Lol.... folks are still complaining about this?..... we literally all have the same characters with the same levels and most of us have beaten it......
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Lol.... folks are still complaining about this?..... we literally all have the same characters with the same levels and most of us have beaten it......

I have beaten it on the first try. Do you give me permission to think it was very boring, or do I have to like it?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

I have beaten it on the first try. Do you give me permission to think it was very boring, or do I have to like it?

You don't need my permission sir..... It was super boring imop... Much like every other marquee....

As I said elsewhere, I appreciate the simple 2 battle marquee, but it would be nice to have a bonus battle for no rewards you could use him to mess around in....
  • Options
    You don't even bother testing the garbage you put out anymore.... worst content ever released.
    I gave up after seeing no damage at all on Bossk with 102 stack of armor shred.
    You thought you'd make a quick buck from this but you just demonstrated everyone they should never spend a single second on Rex ever.
    You suck CG, shame.