New raid schedule

Prev13
With the raid changes that were made putting the old raids as legacy we are only now allowed 1 raid at a time. Will this continue to be the case with the new raid coming essentially replacing the Krayt Dragon or will we be able to run them simultaneously.

I'm debating if it's still worth investing in the Krayt Raid teams or should we abandon that as come fall/winter it will be a legacy raid we don't do anymore.

Replies

• LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Mystery, it is
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    I'm excited to see C3P0 on a speeder bike...

I'm assuming you can't have both raids active.
  • Options
    khdelboy wrote: »

Most likely i think you're right which brings forward the question do they intend this to replace the Krayt Raid or do they have an incentive planned to make us want to do both.
  • Options
    khdelboy wrote: »

Most likely i think you're right which brings forward the question do they intend this to replace the Krayt Raid or do they have an incentive planned to make us want to do both.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    February Road Ahead states the following.

Rewards also include new raid currency that can be used to purchase upgrades from shipments

. This special raid currency can only be earned from the featured raid (the latest raid released)

So assuming the special raid currency refers to the MK3 tokens, which can only be earned from Krayt. That would basically mean MK3 will be removed from Krayt once the new raid launches. Which means anyone who has taken the time to build teams has completely wasted their time.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    The implication would be that new raids would replace the old one. That being said, Krayt will probably be cycled back at some point in the future, so those teams would be useful again.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    That's just inaccurate, but it depends somewhat on what teams you built up. Lots of great units, Jabba, pilots, etc. that are very useful in other areas of the game.

Also, if you went for Jabba, you should be on your way to having JKL unlocked (or have him unlocked) which puts several of the new raid toons at a very good level for the upcoming Endor raid.

If you solely focused on Tuskens, or like Carth OR, that would be not so great an investment..but Mandalorians? The GOOD Old Republic toons? Hutt Cartel/Jabba? Lots to love there that's great in GAC, TW, Conquest, TB, segues nicely to Executor, etc. Investing in good units is rarely a waste. Unless you only care about raid performance, I guess.
    Zaraos wrote: »
    So assuming the special raid currency refers to the MK3 tokens, which can only be earned from Krayt. That would basically mean MK3 will be removed from Krayt once the new raid launches. Which means anyone who has taken the time to build teams has completely wasted their time.

• Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    The implication would be that new raids would replace the old one. That being said, Krayt will probably be cycled back at some point in the future, so those teams would be useful again.

Is this official information from the Devs, or just your personal opinion? This isn't intended to be snarky, I was just wondering if you have inside info as a moderator.
  • Options
    The portion quoted from the February Road Ahead is official. I’d interpret it the same way, but CG hasn’t expounded on it any where official.
    CrispyFett wrote: »

Is this official information from the Devs, or just your personal opinion? This isn't intended to be snarky, I was just wondering if you have inside info as a moderator.

• flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    im guessing its a choice. like either launch krayt or vendor raid, both gives the same rewards and same scoring mechanics but its more of which is easier/better for your guild
  • Shmoopyz
    124 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Ideally they rotate every 3 days or so.

Then revamp the old raids into the new rewards system.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited July 2023
    Options

It was the way I read the original post about it, but based on what people are saying, it's possible that was just an assumption I was reading into the text. It could be they leave Krayt as a legacy raid, I guess, with the mark III moved to Endor raid...but to me that also seems weird because if we add a new one every 8 months, the raid list would just get really long. I also can't see them spending development time on something that will never see the light of day again after a few months. We've seen datacron abilities recycle...I guess I always just assumed the new raids would too.
  • Options

It was the way I read the original post about it, but based on what people are saying, it's possible that was just an assumption I was reading into the text. It could be they leave Krayt as a legacy raid, I guess, with the mark III moved to Endor raid...but to me that also seems weird because if we add a new one every 8 months, the raid list would just get really long. I also can't see them spending development time on something that will never see the light of day again after a few months. We've seen datacron abilities recycle...I guess I always just assumed the new raids would too.

In discord, I've seen a lot of people assuming that Krayt would just disappear when the new raid comes out. I'm with you crzydroid - I can't see that happening. They wouldn't spend the dev time for a one-shot thing and then remove it forever, locking newer players out of that content. I feel like they want people to be able to experience all of the content they create (assuming they play long enough).

I think Krayt will just get pushed back to live with the legacy raids. That being said, if they remove the MK3 from Krayt (popular speculation - nothing has been confirmed about this as the February road ahead said 'raid currency' would be removed, but didn't specify anything beyond that), that means the raid as a whole is significantly devalued - which doesn't make sense to me. There's been very little said about what happens with rewards when a new raid comes out - and what has been said is ambiguous - and that's very important information.

I would like to know what comes of those teams though. I've been a little unsure about gearing my Tuskens for the raid - but up until yesterday, I've been determined to do it. I'm a PVE person so their utility in PVP is nice and all, but not a big enough motivator to get me to invest. I've heard they don't have much utility in RotE - so that being the case, where's my motivation to put gear on them? Even if I could snap my fingers and have them all at G7 or G8 tomorrow, there's no way I could recoup that investment before the new raid drops. In fact, I couldn't even come close. Even as a moderate spender in this game, I can't keep up with a pace of 5 new raid teams (to R7 or R8) every 8 months - and I feel like it's not worth even trying if the raid changes as soon as I've got my teams in order.

We need more information before we can draw any kind of clear conclusions - it would be nice to know what's happening to Krayt when the new raid drops. Will the rewards be re-worked? Will the new raid offer better rewards or will it be about the same as Krayt was before the new one came along? The lack of information regarding what's going to happen with Krayt has people off balance (which may well be the intent) and questioning their investment in raid teams. I feel like that's not a place that you want your customers to live in for very long.

So my biggest question for CG is - why are we disincentivizing investment in raid teams?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    To make us invest in new teams
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    So my biggest question for CG is - why are we disincentivizing investment in raid teams?

They aren't. Are you going to let 4+ months go by with worse rewards? That's too long to miss out when you could maybe push for the next box, the whole time earning more rewards to make for better teams in the next raid.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    Zaraos wrote: »
    Which means anyone who has taken the time to build teams has completely wasted their time.

Like anyone would built teams for Rancor/Haat/Hsith completely wasted their time when better new teams solo’d them, or anyone who built teams for the Leia/Wat/Kam special mission when their guild changed tb.
    But you can use those units you geared in other parts of the game. I don’t regret gearing up my Hutt cartels, as they’re awesome in tb, nor my tuskens, as they’re very good in gac/tw.

I’m very happy to see new raids regularly, as it makes the game less stale.
    flux_rono wrote: »
    im guessing its a choice. like either launch krayt or vendor raid, both gives the same rewards and same scoring mechanics but its more of which is easier/better for your guild

I hope not. Because then guilds will only do the Krayt raid as they already have the teams for it and only huge guilds will enjoy new content. Only giving better rewards in the new stuff will incentive people gearing new units for it.
    I can't keep up with a pace of 5 new raid teams (to R7 or R8) every 8 months - and I feel like it's not worth even trying if the raid changes as soon as I've got my teams in order.

I can’t neither. So i won’t and will never get those high rewards. But if it means i’ll get something new and awesome every 6 months, yes please.
    Maybe next raid i will gear less teams and aim for a lower score in the ladder, but it doesn’t mean i won’t enjoy the game more than if i kept doing the same stuff 6 more months.

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Also worth keeping in mind, eventually people will just happen to have the characters at appropriate relic levels. The list for the new raid has lots of good characters, several of which many have likely already taken to r7+ for other reasons.
  • herd_nerfer
    1874 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

That's my whole point though - Half way through investing in the 'new' teams the next raid comes along and renders them obsolete in the context of raids. So where's the motivation to push for raid team development?
    StarSon wrote: »

They aren't. Are you going to let 4+ months go by with worse rewards? That's too long to miss out when you could maybe push for the next box, the whole time earning more rewards to make for better teams in the next raid.

If I can't recoup the investment before the raid turns over then I've lost ground - I haven't gained anything by getting that better box because I've sunk so many resource into the teams it takes to get to that next box. And then that team isn't doing much for me. So yes, in that case I'm going to let those 4+ months go by with worse rewards because I come out ahead in the end. This isn't like investing in trash toons for a GL or for RotE platoons, because that continues to give ROI - once the raid turns over, the investment is more or less dead (again - in the context of their PVE value).

I haven't done any math on this, but outside of the Hutt Cartel teams and ~maybe~ Mandolorians, I'm having a hard time justifying the investment in OR or Tuskens, and I was having trouble justifying Jawas with or without a new raid coming.

I'm not saying don't make new raids - I'm not even saying don't make new raids quickly - I'm saying make it worthwhile to put gear on raid teams. Right now, unless it's already a core team that's got wide utility in the game at large, why should anyone bother?

Knowing what happens with rewards and what happens to the 'old' raid when a new one comes out answers those questions. And if the answer is - "there's no good reason to work on niche raid teams" (tuskens, jawas, and to a large extent OR) then fine - I know I can skip that and not worry about it. But if that's the answer, it seems counter productive, and definitely disincentivizes player investment in those teams - which seems weird.

I'm not demanding an answer here - but I think it's fair to ask the question.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

That's my whole point though - Half way through investing in the 'new' teams the next raid comes along and renders them obsolete in the context of raids. So where's the motivation to push for raid team development?

If I can't recoup the investment before the raid turns over then I've lost ground - I haven't gained anything by getting that better box because I've sunk so many resource into the teams it takes to get to that next box. And then that team isn't doing much for me. So yes, in that case I'm going to let those 4+ months go by with worse rewards because I come out ahead in the end. This isn't like investing in trash toons for a GL or for RotE platoons, because that continues to give ROI - once the raid turns over, the investment is more or less dead (again - in the context of their PVE value).

I haven't done any math on this, but outside of the Hutt Cartel teams and ~maybe~ Mandolorians, I'm having a hard time justifying the investment in OR or Tuskens, and I was having trouble justifying Jawas with or without a new raid coming.

I'm not saying don't make new raids - I'm not even saying don't make new raids quickly - I'm saying make it worthwhile to put gear on raid teams. Right now, unless it's already a core team that's got wide utility in the game at large, why should anyone bother?

Knowing what happens with rewards and what happens to the 'old' raid when a new one comes out answers those questions. And if the answer is - "there's no good reason to work on niche raid teams" (tuskens, jawas, and to a large extent OR) then fine - I know I can skip that and not worry about it. But if that's the answer, it seems counter productive, and definitely disincentivizes player investment in those teams - which seems weird.

Jawas aside, all the Krayt teams have plenty of uses outside of the raid. Tuskens shine in pvp, Hutt shines everywhere, Mandos are a solid GA defense team, JKR teams have always been great on offense, and aside from all of that you need a bunch of random r8 for TB.

But, quick math: if your guild is at the 130 box, and all 50 members taking 1 more team to r8 gets you to the 265 box, that's an additional 1800 mk3 per week. Over 4 months that's 28.8k mk3 tokens. That breaks down to 49 gyrda, ~100 ID (sorry, I bought some this morning, not sure of their cost), or 230 Zinbiddles; plus a few more from personal rewards. Looks like a break even on raid rewards, and now you have another r8 team for anything else.
  • herd_nerfer
    1874 posts Member
    Options

Jawas aside, all the Krayt teams have plenty of uses outside of the raid. Tuskens shine in pvp, Hutt shines everywhere, Mandos are a solid GA defense team, JKR teams have always been great on offense, and aside from all of that you need a bunch of random r8 for TB.

But, quick math: if your guild is at the 130 box, and all 50 members taking 1 more team to r8 gets you to the 265 box, that's an additional 1800 mk3 per week. Over 4 months that's 28.8k mk3 tokens. That breaks down to 49 gyrda, ~100 ID (sorry, I bought some this morning, not sure of their cost), or 230 Zinbiddles; plus a few more from personal rewards. Looks like a break even on raid rewards, and now you have another r8 team for anything else.

Your assumption doesn't work for my guild - we're still working on the 90m box, and the MK3 increase from 25 to 90 is significantly less (though admittedly it's an easier gap to bridge).

That being said - if we work with your numbers, 28.8k - that's enough MK3 to cover the upgrade costs of electrium, zinbiddles, aeros, and impulse detectors for 1.3 characters from R0 to R8. So yeah - you're going backwards by making that leap if the team has limited utility outside of the raid.

m4irb939s0yg.png

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Your assumption doesn't work for my guild - we're still working on the 90m box, and the MK3 increase from 25 to 90 is significantly less (though admittedly it's an easier gap to bridge).

That being said - if we work with your numbers, 28.8k - that's enough MK3 to cover the upgrade costs of electrium, zinbiddles, aeros, and impulse detectors for 1.3 characters from R0 to R8. So yeah - you're going backwards by making that leap if the team has limited utility outside of the raid.

m4irb939s0yg.png

Why are you calculating the ROI that way when you aren't getting 100% of the materials from the raid?

Edit: you also aren't using that character only in the raid, unless it's a Jawa.
  • herd_nerfer
    1874 posts Member
    Options

m4irb939s0yg.png

Why are you calculating the ROI that way when you aren't getting 100% of the materials from the raid?

Because you would get those rewards regardless of the investment in the raid team, so they're not a factor in how much benefit you get from the investment. I'm not talking about Hutt Cartel, and for most characters that DO have uses outside of the raid R8 isn't even necessary for them to fill their role - so you're trying to hit high relics for the sole purpose of increasing your raid rewards - and the math points to that being a losing investment if the rewards are going to be reduced after x number of months.

To put it another way - how much money do you have to spend to make another dollar every day for a month? If you have to spend more than $29, you're not making money - you're losing it, or at best breaking even.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Options

m4irb939s0yg.png

Because you would get those rewards regardless of the investment in the raid team, so they're not a factor in how much benefit you get from the investment. I'm not talking about Hutt Cartel, and for most characters that DO have uses outside of the raid R8 isn't even necessary for them to fill their role - so you're trying to hit high relics for the sole purpose of increasing your raid rewards - and the math points to that being a losing investment if the rewards are going to be reduced after x number of months.

To put it another way - how much money do you have to spend to make another dollar every day for a month? If you have to spend more than $29, you're not making money - you're losing it, or at best breaking even.

I agree, with the exception of the overlap. For example, players obtaining Jabba for the Krayt Raid need JKL, which is useful in the next raid. Also it remains to be seen what the max attempts will look like, and they are talking about squads of three I believe.

Essentially I am saying that if what you are working on also benefits the next raid, don’t switch tracks. But you’re right that topping off a Krayt squad to improve your score doesn’t make much sense the closer we get to the new raid.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options

Krayt hardly feels like a Legacy anything. I'm really hoping they let you alternate between the two, otherwise this new Raid setup is dumb AF.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    If I can't recoup the investment before the raid turns over then I've lost ground - I haven't gained anything by getting that better box because I've sunk so many resource into the teams it takes to get to that next box. And then that team isn't doing much for me. .

That's the management aspect I enjoy tbh. Choosing which teams to gear for maximum efficiency, taking into account the use of those teams in different aspects of the game.
    Now, once we'll know the rewards of the new raid imagining the cadence of 2 raids per year becomes a thing, if the smart move turns out to be not gearing anything because the raid units are useless and the reward difference too low, then it would be just sad and I would join your concern.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

Krayt hardly feels like a Legacy anything. I'm really hoping they let you alternate between the two, otherwise this new Raid setup is dumb AF.

You can do whatever raid you want, just like today. But Mk3 tokens will only be in the Featured Raid. Currently that raid is Krayt, but once the bike one comes out that will be the Featured Raid.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

You can do whatever raid you want, just like today. But Mk3 tokens will only be in the Featured Raid. Currently that raid is Krayt, but once the bike one comes out that will be the Featured Raid.

I think this is the most likely scenario, but we don't actually know for sure yet.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options

I get that. But the fast turnaround and need for leveling up specific squads for each is tiresome, especially if they crap these raids out every 3-4 months. Plus as I said, calling Krayt a "Legacy" raid seems IMO dumb since it's so new, whereas the old ones do feel like Legacy raids. Amnd is it definitive the MK3 is being removed from Krayt or is that still speculation based on the Feb post being kinda vague?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

I get that. But the fast turnaround and need for leveling up specific squads for each is tiresome, especially if they crap these raids out every 3-4 months.

It could easily end up being 8-9 months, from May to Dec/Jan.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

I think this is the most likely scenario, but we don't actually know for sure yet.

They did actually tell us this, so not sure why people keep saying we don't know. Sure, CG could always change their minds, but they literally said this.