New raid schedule

13Next

Replies

• LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Getting better crates gets you better gear so pushing the krayt raid benefits you more.

I think it comes down to investment v/s returns.

For a guild hitting 150M, they are over the 130M box but no where near the 265m box.

Prior to the loot changes to move some rewards forward there was a 170m? tier IIRC.

They removed that so now its pretty hard to justify the return on pushing for 265 if you are 100 million away when the raid is going away.

Very true, but that person's guild is at 490m so they should be close to getting the 265m crate. That gives everyone 900 more Mk3 tokens every three days. That would help their guild out greatly for the next 4-6 months.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Getting better crates gets you better gear so pushing the krayt raid benefits you more.

For a guild hitting 150M, they are over the 130M box but no where near the 265m box.

Prior to the loot changes to move some rewards forward there was a 170m? tier IIRC.

They removed that so now its pretty hard to justify the return on pushing for 265 if you are 100 million away when the raid is going away.

Very true, but that person's guild is at 490m so they should be close to getting the 265m crate. That gives everyone 900 more Mk3 tokens every three days. That would help their guild out greatly for the next 4-6 months.

lol my guild is 490m and we have to yell at people so we hit 130m

not all guilds are created equally
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • reiks
    12 posts Member
    Options
    why is the assumption the krayt raid is obsolete, and not something along the lines of the raid available to launch depends on the day of the week? The idea that it is replacing krayt has shot off as a rumor or speculation and people are freaking out, but that wouldn't fix the raid burnout issue once endor drops. Releasing a raid to go alongside krayt that is available on alternate days (effectively both raids once a week) makes more sense than endor 24/7, which is what krayt is currently. heck, krayt one week, endor the next. 3v3 isn't every gac signup, and lstb wasnt either.
  • Options
    reiks wrote: »
    why is the assumption the krayt raid is obsolete, and not something along the lines of the raid available to launch depends on the day of the week? The idea that it is replacing krayt has shot off as a rumor or speculation and people are freaking out, but that wouldn't fix the raid burnout issue once endor drops. Releasing a raid to go alongside krayt that is available on alternate days (effectively both raids once a week) makes more sense than endor 24/7, which is what krayt is currently. heck, krayt one week, endor the next. 3v3 isn't every gac signup, and lstb wasnt either.

I don't believe that Krayt will be removed - but I 100% believe it will be superseded by the Endor raid. The problem is the (possible) removal of MK3 rewards from Krayt - making it less beneficial to do and thus, very likely ignored (obsolete) after the Endor raid is released. There's no overlap between Krayt eligible teams and Endor eligible teams - and that's why CG simply announcing the new raid makes it pointless to continue working on Krayt teams unless you're very close to the next guild reward box in Krayt.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

My eyes have definitely been opened with other guilds and their approach to the Krayt raid. Want to join the one I’m in? ;)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1074 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    This special Raid Currency can only be earned from the Featured Raid (the latest Raid released)

This ^^^ was in the Feb road ahead when they discussed raid rewards. Basically Mk3 will only be available from the newest raid, so once Endor drops it will no longer be a part of Krayt rewards.

From that point onwards why would anyone choose Krayt?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

My eyes have definitely been opened with other guilds and their approach to the Krayt raid. Want to join the one I’m in? ;)

absolutely not!

my guild is the exact correct amount of bad
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    This special Raid Currency can only be earned from the Featured Raid (the latest Raid released)

This ^^^ was in the Feb road ahead when they discussed raid rewards. Basically Mk3 will only be available from the newest raid, so once Endor drops it will no longer be a part of Krayt rewards.

I agree with your point, but it's worth noting they changed the reward structure after that post, because they shifted to all raid currency, instead of just one special raid currency.
  • Options

I agree with your point, but it's worth noting they changed the reward structure after that post, because they shifted to all raid currency, instead of just one special raid currency.

True. I’d be surprised if they back-track on mk3 being linked to the newest raid though, as always forcing players to chase the faction for the newest raid can only boost their bottom line.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

Again, you fail to realise that the top 40 guild you are in is very different from most other guilds.
    To get near the 256m box you need a fair bit of focus from all members.
    On average all members in my guild is short 1 GL + some other toys.
    Pursuing those permanent gains which benefit personal crystal income and support TB/TW efforts permanently has a better overall ROI compared to temporary raid benefits.

Those of us who could easily push above 5.4 are better off pursuing ops toons for an extra ROTE star, which will bring us more permanent gains as a guild.

We could probably push 190m right now but not super comfortably and the gap to next box is way to big to be bridged economically for short lived gain.
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Your main gains are Krayt not RotE. Yes your guild mates should focus on guild things. With 490m you guys have zero reason to not get the 256m crate except for low effort. It seems low effort guilds like to complain about low rewards when it is their own fault.

You saying your guild mates don’t have JTH, Maul and OR? How can you guys be 490?
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

Again, you fail to realise that the top 40 guild you are in is very different from most other guilds.
    Pursuing those permanent gains which benefit personal crystal income and support TB/TW efforts permanently has a better overall ROI compared to temporary raid benefits.

Those of us who could easily push above 5.4 are better off pursuing ops toons for an extra ROTE star, which will bring us more permanent gains as a guild.

We could probably push 190m right now but not super comfortably and the gap to next box is way to big to be bridged economically for short lived gain.
    LordDirt labours under the misapprehension that guilds can just flick a switch and earn the 265m reward crate.

He’s in a top 40 guild (by Krayt Raid scoring), which is commendable, but he can’t shake the view that any guild in or around their GP that isn’t earning 265m must be a shower of poorly-led button mashers.

I’m genuinely impressed by LordDirt’s guild’s dedication to the Krayt Raid, but I still can’t get my head around how he can’t see that for most guilds the outlay required to reach the 265m reward will take months to earn any benefit at all for the guild so just is not worth it.
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

LordDirt labours under the misapprehension that guilds can just flick a switch and earn the 265m reward crate.

He’s in a top 40 guild (by Krayt Raid scoring), which is commendable, but he can’t shake the view that any guild in or around their GP that isn’t earning 265m must be a shower of poorly-led button mashers.

I’m genuinely impressed by LordDirt’s guild’s dedication to the Krayt Raid, but I still can’t get my head around how he can’t see that for most guilds the outlay required to reach the 265m reward will take months to earn any benefit at all for the guild so just is not worth it.

I understand most can’t but 490m should be close like I said. I don’t understand how you missed that.

Should have just left this in bed.
  • Options

I understand most can’t but 490m should be close like I said. I don’t understand how you missed that.
    I didn’t miss it.

There are now 39 guilds who have earned the 265m crate.

There are well over 200 guilds who have earned the 130m crate (I’ve no idea how many more, but I know that the 200th guild has scored 139m points).

I’d love to know why you think a guild at 490m “should be close”. Why?
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options

I didn’t miss it.

There are well over 200 guilds who have earned the 130m crate (I’ve no idea how many more, but I know that the 200th guild has scored 139m points).

I guess they got their millions relicing non meta characters.
  • Options

I didn’t miss it.

Ah yes - I forgot - all guilds not achieving what a guild with 46 r8 Jabbas have are terrible and poorly led.
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options

I didn’t miss it.

Ah yes - I forgot - all guilds not achieving what a guild with 46 r8 Jabbas have are terrible and poorly led.

They would get more R8 material getting better rewards in the Krayt raid. ;)
  • Options

I didn’t miss it.

So to speed up the process of getting 46 r8 Jabba, a guild should earn the rewards that you need 46 r8 Jabba to earn.

You should be in sales.
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    Options

I didn’t miss it.

So to speed up the process of getting 46 r8 Jabba, a guild should earn the rewards that you need 46 r8 Jabba to earn.

You should be in sales.

Eh, I’ll just let everyone complain about bad rewards for not trying .
  • Options

I didn’t miss it.

You should be in sales.

Back to this again, LordStrawman?

Think it’s time for the ignore button if you’re going to persist in being this obtuse.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options

ovtfyvlgrtbn.jpg
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    A guild that’s recently cleared the 130m box would need every member to spend 75k Mk3 in just electrium/Zins/IDs to reach the 265m box. Sure they’ll get an extra 1050ish Mk3 rewarded each raid, but it’d take over 200 days of Krayt raids to earn back that investment. It certainly doesn’t seem like Krayt is going to be around that long. Why would anyone invest that much in the non-HC teams? Some of the Mandos are solid at higher relics, but none of them are particularly meta and there’s a lot of other more important stuff. If you’re very close to the next box, go get it, but otherwise it’s just a waste of resources.

I didn’t miss it.

• KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    :D I feel you on this, TVF :)

Even as a competitive player myself in GAC, I think many of us like to be in guilds that are more casual/QoL-focused.

absolutely not!

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    :D I feel you on this, TVF :)

Even as a competitive player myself in GAC, I think many of us like to be in guilds that are more casual/QoL-focused.

absolutely not!

that's me for sure

i did too much time in competitive guilds
  • Options
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I'm excited to see C3P0 on a speeder bike...

I'm assuming you can't have both raids active.

Ummm…seen it.
    I think it happens in every episode of Star Wars Droids :)

I am waiting for more criminal underworld material…the Fromm Gang and the Trigon 1 raid…
  • Options

I didn’t miss it.

You should be in sales.

Did I or Darjelo complain about low rewards?

I tried to point out that the reward structure as is does not incentivise the individual member to put in a lot of effort and that for a combined effort to make sense most of the guild would need to be “done” with things like getting all GLs and journey character + have most high value toons at high relic.

I’m not unhappy at all with the rewards, but the way they are structured makes me not want to push for eg 8m score since the benefit would be to limited in the timeframe the raid is expected to live.