Leviathan isn’t pushing the meta…

Replies

• StarSon
    7510 posts Member
    Options
    Devian wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I still think expecting a character or ship to perform well at low stars just because another one did in the past is foolish... YMMV
    Forget the time GL were introduced to the game, go back to first power creeps of new generations: epic characters. They had their own teams: 501(GAS) and SE(Malak).
    Now, tell me were those characters not supposed to work on lower stars? 5* Malak and 5* GAS were God tiers at their time.
    Then, CS require crystals to upgrade from 4* to 7* which is basically cash-currency. And they reqire gear that is closer to GL requirements. For me its separate requirements. Basically like unloking 1CS and than unlocking another one with first CS required.

No, they weren't supposed to work at lower stars. That they did is the exception, and not the rule.
  • Whatelse73
    2205 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    I still think expecting a character or ship to perform well at low stars just because another one did in the past is foolish... YMMV
    Forget the time GL were introduced to the game, go back to first power creeps of new generations: epic characters. They had their own teams: 501(GAS) and SE(Malak).
    Now, tell me were those characters not supposed to work on lower stars? 5* Malak and 5* GAS were God tiers at their time.
    Then, CS require crystals to upgrade from 4* to 7* which is basically cash-currency. And they reqire gear that is closer to GL requirements. For me its separate requirements. Basically like unloking 1CS and than unlocking another one with first CS required.

No, they weren't supposed to work at lower stars. That they did is the exception, and not the rule.

What rule? Where is it written that nothing is supposed to work at sub 7*?
  • LordDirt
    5127 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Same place where it is written that all events have the same cadence of past events of the same type.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • StarSon
    7510 posts Member
    Options

If I cared enough, I would go find the post from CG on the subject, but this is why G12 is locked to 7*.
  • Devian
    676 posts Member
    Options

Lol, you clearly don't remember SE and 501 meta times. They meant and worked at lower stars. You couldn't upgarade Malak or GAS from 5* to 7* with crystals, only currency from TB and that currency had cap. SE team with inroduction of Malak at 5* dominated arena like no other team. And you could still beat g13 Malaks with 5*
    Gas with 501 had exactly same value, even thought r5-r7 SE still held their position, g5 GAS could manage SE with decent clones.
    So you are wrong, they worked with 5* and that was intentional.
    Sa,e with Event's CS: if you are able to unlock it with requirements compare to GL - they should work like GL, and 4*/5*-7* are just ULTs of those GLs, Like Jabba's
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

That's years ago..... I can't remember what I had for supper last night, nor should I have to care....
  • Options

Lol, you clearly don't remember SE and 501 meta times. They meant and worked at lower stars. You couldn't upgarade Malak or GAS from 5* to 7* with crystals, only currency from TB and that currency had cap. SE team with inroduction of Malak at 5* dominated arena like no other team. And you could still beat g13 Malaks with 5*
    Gas with 501 had exactly same value, even thought r5-r7 SE still held their position, g5 GAS could manage SE with decent clones.
    So you are wrong, they worked with 5* and that was intentional.
    Sa,e with Event's CS: if you are able to unlock it with requirements compare to GL - they should work like GL, and 4*/5*-7* are just ULTs of those GLs, Like Jabba's
    1) here’s a tip. Don’t suggest other people “clearly don’t remember” certain metas when simultaneously making false claims like “that currency had cap”.

2) how did the GAS and SE meta work at 5* against 7* GAS or SE teams?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

If I cared enough, I would go find the post from CG on the subject, but this is why G12 is locked to 7*.

Except it wasn't for Hux.... Doesn't seem that set a precedent did it? ..... And folks complained back then.... Then Merrin came out and her Zeta was gated behind G12 and people lost their minds over it....

The only precedent that is being set here is that the player base is going to complain about everything....
  • Devian
    676 posts Member
    Options
    That's years ago..... I can't remember what I had for supper last night, nor should I have to care....
    If thats the level of your arguments, okie-doki. I am right, and you are wrong, just stating things that you want to be =D
  • Devian
    676 posts Member
    Options
    1) here’s a tip. Don’t suggest other people “clearly don’t remember” certain metas when simultaneously making false claims like “that currency had cap”.

1). I may be wrong about cap during SE meta. I just remeber those that had Malak in my arena shard started with 5-6*
    2. Gas 5* + reliced clones worked ok against 7* SE. AI didn't focus 555 at first. Rex should have been faster, ofc.
  • Options

1). I may be wrong about cap during SE meta. I just remeber those that had Malak in my arena shard started with 5-6*
    2. Gas 5* + reliced clones worked ok against 7* SE. AI didn't focus 555 at first. Rex should have been faster, ofc.
    1) you are wrong. If they started with 5-6* it was because they hadn’t hoarded enough GET1 before unlocking

2) I meant how did 5* GAS cope against 7* GAS? How did SE with 5* Malak cope against SE with 7* Malak?
  • Devian
    676 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

1) you are wrong. If they started with 5-6* it was because they hadn’t hoarded enough GET1 before unlocking

2) I meant how did 5* GAS cope against 7* GAS? How did SE with 5* Malak cope against SE with 7* Malak?
    1). there was not so much point in hoarding, because there were no epic characters before Malak. And Hoda+wampa are different cases. But yeah, you have the point. Still it wasn't how devs tried to introduce Malak and his viability were meant for lowere than 7*
    2). With all SE teams it depended on who's revan went first and who's Malak was faster(to inflict shock on enemy's malak or ST). Bassy still could use ability block on enemy's malak and in most cases all match ended with Revan's FL and bassy's wild lightning. and than to end malak. So yeah, low star malak held well. Ofc, it depended on mods a bit. But if at least malak or revan was faster then enemy's it worked well.
    With Gas, it depended on enemy's aoe and which spot you place 555 and can he share his stats after his death. And ofc, fast rex really helped.
    Did I miss something?
  • Options

1). there was not so much point in hoarding, because there were no epic character before Malak. And Hoda+wampa are different cases.
    2). With all SE teams it depended on who's revan went first and who's Malak was faster(to inflict shock on enemy's malak or ST). Bassy still could use ability block on enemy's malak and in most cases all match ended with FL and bassy's shock. So yeah, low star malak held well. Ofc, it depended on mods a bit. But if at least malak or revan was faster then enemy's it worked well.
    With Gas, it depended on enemy's aoe and which spot you place 555 and can he share his stats after his death. And ofc, fast rex really helped.
    Did I miss something?
    Other than admitting you got some details wrong, probably not.

But I can assure you, in the SE meta and the GAS meta, if you were running teams with a 5* Malak or 5* GAS, your shard mates would have chosen to climb through you over those with the 7* versions.
  • Options
    So people are debating for 12 pages to decide if a ship who is not working as intended because it’s full of bugs is pushing the meta or not ?

• Devian
    676 posts Member
    Options
    But I can assure you, in the SE meta and the GAS meta, if you were running teams with a 5* Malak or 5* GAS, your shard mates would have chosen to climb through you over those with the 7* versions.
    lol, it's just a way every arena works, so it's fine. But the point was in viability of 5-6* versions and if they were meant to be viable before reaching 7*. Previous speaker stated that anything that is not 7* are not meant to be viable, I opposed his weird idea with examples.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    So people are debating for 12 pages to decide if a ship who is not working as intended because it’s full of bugs is pushing the meta or not ?

Yep.... Meanwhile....aznatcdvrjsy.png
    rufai9o1a7ok.png
  • Options
    Malak was definitely arena viable at 5*. I believe the cap was still G12. It may have been G13, no relics. But I remember choosing not to spend GET1 to 7* him at first. Either G13 or relics changed that.

GAS was a joke in arena at 5* because we all had relic SE teams by then.

My recollection
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »

Yep.... Meanwhile....aznatcdvrjsy.png
    rufai9o1a7ok.png

Only 3 revans in the top 50 of mine. The rest are profun and exec. Definitely pushing the meta!
  • Options

Incorrect, Piett was able to relic before 7-star.
  • Options
    Nope, we originally had a release of im pretty sure was Piett that we were able to max out at 3-stars. CG never said it was an error but it happened.
    Also, coin toss to decide mirrors going first is lame, 0-3 so far. I just want my crystals back and they can have the ship back at whatever star level it unlocked at.
  • StarSon
    7510 posts Member
    Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Nope, we originally had a release of im pretty sure was Piett that we were able to max out at 3-stars. CG never said it was an error but it happened.
    Also, coin toss to decide mirrors going first is lame, 0-3 so far. I just want my crystals back and they can have the ship back at whatever star level it unlocked at.

It was Hux, and it was g12, not relic.
  • Range1974
    914 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    G12, right. Plus we had the Malak error when shards were taken back after he was g12 but his gear was not reduced.
    It’s been several years but I remembered he had a ship
    Playing since 2105 so pretty much experienced it all.
  • Options
    G12, right. Plus we had the Malak error when shards were taken back after he was g12 but his gear was not reduced.
    It’s been several years but I remembered he had a ship
    Playing since 2105 so pretty much experienced it all.

How’s it going in 2105? The climate doing alright? Is Leviathan still bugged?
  • Options

I thought it was all down to the coin toss at first too. I went 4/5 losses on the coin toss the second day after release. I've since learned how to win in spite of what feels like losing the coin toss at least 80% of the time. Small sample size, sure, but it feels very consistent now. Haven't lost a mirror in over a week regardless of who goes first. To be fair, this was a big concern for me since I invested in Leviathan to make my climb easier. I'm no longer worried about how the battle opens and I'm pretty satisfied with the consistency of wins in arena. I expect it will only get easier as they fix the bugs.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    12 pages and still going strong, given its for a new ship that maybe 1% of the playing population already have and is still months if not years away from being on the radar for the majority of players. Its been less than a month. Let the kinks get worked out and stop beating the dead horse to death that is out of sight and out of mind for the vast majority of players.
  • Options
    It generates interest because
    1) the people who don't have it need to know this stuff so that they know how highly to prioritize it.
    2) people who have it and don't have it are all interested in how CG responds b/c they use this info to decide whether to chase the next shiny thing.

Now, I understand you saying that the people who don't have it should just ignore the controversy because it will all be solved one way or the other before they actually field Levi.

And, sure, okay. But people have to make decisions today about what things to farm and what characters to gear. It's not getting solved before someone decides this afternoon what nodes to sim.

That's why it has a much larger base of interest than just those who already have Levi unlocked.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    rickertron wrote: »
    12 pages and still going strong, given its for a new ship that maybe 1% of the playing population already have and is still months if not years away from being on the radar for the majority of players. Its been less than a month. Let the kinks get worked out and stop beating the dead horse to death that is out of sight and out of mind for the vast majority of players.

Or, maybe if it doesn't interest someone they could not click on it and read it? The title of the thread is pretty much self explanatory after all.....
  • Options
    rickertron wrote: »

Its an important issue because this was a ship which was hyped by CG as surpassing both Exec and ProFun. There are numerous bugs with the ship still unresolved weeks after release, which, IMO, prevent it from "surpassing" those ships. People invested heavily in farming for this ship based on CG's claims about it. While you may not have the ship currently, this same situation can just as easily happen to the next toon or ship coming out that perhaps you will obtain on release. Either way, there are plenty of other threads discussing non-Leviathan matters. The people keeping this thread going are obviously people who are interested in the outcome of this, and don't want this issue to become "out of sight, out of mind" for CG