Leviathan isn’t pushing the meta…

Replies

• Options
    Leviathan is definitely pushing the meta.... I know because this thread is a month and a half old and still going strong.. . Lol

Also, I got it six stars a month and 8 days ago and have reached first in fa every day since ...
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    @Whatelse73
    In college they teach you "under-hype and over deliver."

In college they teach you that the law applies equally to rich and poor alike.

In college they teach you a lot of things then you enter the really real world to see the Truth.

Yep
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Leviathan is definitely pushing the meta.... I know because this thread is a month and a half old and still going strong.. . Lol

Also, I got it six stars a month and 8 days ago and have reached first in fa every day since ...

Psshhht dont let em know
  • Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Psshhht dont let em know

yeah we need to keep this thread alive
  • Options
    I'm also quite happy that this thread is still going strong and that CG, after looking into Levi, determined that it wasn't performing as expected and is tweaking it.
  • Options
    Has the person that created this thread even spoken on it after the first page?
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Yes.

oh just found it on the second
  • Options
    Here is my take on the Leviafail. Blah blah blah blah.....

TLDR - we were duped on the Leviathan to deplete our resources to entice us to spend on GL Leia.
  • Options
    Miketo28 wrote: »

TLDR - we were duped on the Leviathan to deplete our resources to entice us to spend on GL Leia.

And they still haven't fixed all the bugs with it either.
  • TVF
    36816 posts Member
    Options
    Miketo28 wrote: »

If you want to be clever, try using LeGarbageCan
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Devian
    680 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=jONDbYrNqqQ&si=KO0W0neoNjF-yVD6
    95% to win against Levi with Negotiator and r9 555. Thats awesome(sarcasm)
  • Options
    Devian wrote: »

So, now we're upset about a counter that only 850 people in the entire game can even attempt?
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

So, now we're upset about a counter that only 850 people in the entire game can even attempt?

I wonder how many of them also have a 7* Levi.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

you sound like its hard to relic 555 in r9 or unlock negotiator
  • Options

Well, it is kind of hard. I have 2 r9 characters that aren't requirements, and only because we needed them for ROTE. Currently not able to do any more. Knowing that it's hard, and 5s is not a good r9 candidate outside of this one very specific use, not sure it's really an issue.
  • Devian
    680 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Well, it is kind of hard. I have 2 r9 characters that aren't requirements, and only because we needed them for ROTE. Currently not able to do any more. Knowing that it's hard, and 5s is not a good r9 candidate outside of this one very specific use, not sure it's really an issue.
    is it harder than requirements for levi? Is either Malak or Darth Revan a goid investment in r9?
  • Options

is it harder than requirements for levi? Is either Malak or Darth Revan a goid investment in r9?

No, it's obviously not harder than the Levi requirements. But how many people do you really think are going to do this? Potentially no one, but definitely a very, very small amount.

Yes, Malak is a good r9; DR not as much, but it does make the Malgus defense essentially GAS-proof so bonus.
  • Options

No, it's obviously not harder than the Levi requirements. But how many people do you really think are going to do this? Potentially no one, but definitely a very, very small amount.

Yes, Malak is a good r9; DR not as much, but it does make the Malgus defense essentially GAS-proof so bonus.
    how many? If devs will contnue give a sith about levi, than as much as there are fennec Shand for levi plus a bit more cpz fleet don't have mods and dk.

Even Malak is not the best choice, coz 501 still beats omi malgus(btw, 555 is good here) but there is now even beter anti-malgus team(doesn't really care about SE relics): jkkel team.
  • scuba
    14196 posts Member
    Options

Well no one should chase some levi counter until CG does what they are planning to do, howevere people will and then come complain (and demand refunds) about their wasted time and resouces and CG nerfing this counter.
  • Options

how many? If devs will contnue give a sith about levi, than as much as there are fennec Shand for levi plus a bit more cpz fleet don't have mods and dk.

Even Malak is not the best choice, coz 501 still beats omi malgus(btw, 555 is good here) but there is now even beter anti-malgus team(doesn't really care about SE relics): jkkel team.

Well, we know they won't "continue to give a sith about levi." We don't know what the changes will be yet, but they're doing something.

The existence of other counters doesn't change the fact that r9 Malak and DR allow one to easily GAS-proof a Malgus team. Currently, you either force a GL, or are unlucky enough to face one of the ~2,000 JKC in the game. That will change eventually, of course.
  • Options

Well, we know they won't "continue to give a sith about levi." We don't know what the changes will be yet, but they're doing something.

The existence of other counters doesn't change the fact that r9 Malak and DR allow one to easily GAS-proof a Malgus team. Currently, you either force a GL, or are unlucky enough to face one of the ~2,000 JKC in the game. That will change eventually, of course.
    they can change their minds, if they wanted to boost Levi - they woukd do it already. The longests it took - was to nerf Traya omicron. It took nearly a month. Its nearly 2 minth with levi.
    You think r9 Malak and Revan gives 100% chance against GAS? Nope, only datacron matter
  • Options

they can change their minds, if they wanted to boost Levi - they woukd do it already. The longests it took - was to nerf Traya omicron. It took nearly a month. Its nearly 2 minth with levi.
    You think r9 Malak and Revan gives 100% chance against GAS? Nope, only datacron matter

Your timelines are all over the place. They said just two weeks ago that they will be making some changes. It may be slower than how they handled Traya, but it's faster than Exec and zFinn and Paper Zombie.

And no, not only DC matters. From my own personal experience, using the right team with the DR and Malak at r9 it's GAS-proof. Maybe with the new clone DC's you can do it, but I doubt it's consistent. I don't have Insights to see the various relic levels, but almost all of the counter data on .gg shows that only SEE is reliable against Malgus now.
  • scuba
    14196 posts Member
    Options

Your timelines are all over the place. They said just two weeks ago that they will be making some changes. It may be slower than how they handled Traya, but it's faster than Exec and zFinn and Paper Zombie.

And no, not only DC matters. From my own personal experience, using the right team with the DR and Malak at r9 it's GAS-proof. Maybe with the new clone DC's you can do it, but I doubt it's consistent. I don't have Insights to see the various relic levels, but almost all of the counter data on .gg shows that only SEE is reliable against Malgus now.

interesting i had looked at the numbers in a while but yeah it has dropped
    gzwm5pp0n425.png
  • Options
    What they're doing with Leviathan is most likely a bit more nuanced than just slapping a "no DS GLs" clause in the kit. Traya had a fairly direct and obvious solution. In this case, not so much.

I'd wager they're going to buff Leviathan in some way, rather than nerf Profundity/Chimaera/etc. That's an inherently more complicated process than what happened with Traya. I'd love to see some update on this soon as well, but I also want them to get it right, and that may involve trying a few different approaches before they land on the best one.

• scuba
    14196 posts Member
    Options
    i'd love to just seem them do nothing, other than fix any bugs
  • Devian
    680 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    What they're doing with Leviathan is most likely a bit more nuanced than just slapping a "no DS GLs" clause in the kit. Traya had a fairly direct and obvious solution. In this case, not so much.
    That is true, only in case they are doing some global adjustments to the fleet itself. Buffing Marauder's ship(easiest and has most problems defending other ships) is not that hard considering they have a lot of experience with other tanks.
    Ok, guess it's better to believe some global changes incoming and they don't want to buff some fleets too much to ruin those changes.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    i'd love to just seem them do nothing, other than fix any bugs

I think the ship has already sailed (no pun intended) on that. CG has said post-investigation that Levi is not performing as intended (at least vs. ProFun and Chimera) and that changes would be made. We're just waiting to hear what the changes are at this point. Bugs are a separate issue, some of which have been fixed, and some of which persist.
  • Options
    As a 7* first pass Levi owner, I will reiterate that I am perfectly happy with its current performance and place in the fleet meta.
  • Options

Anyone who might be facing a Leviathan fleet in GAC probably has the ability to take fives to R9.