Gac Matchmaking

Replies

• babylonfallen3
    130 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    This is my current opponent in carbonite 2. This needs to change! My gp is 2.5 million
    pr1eo96kkp7q.jpg
  • scuba
    14101 posts Member
    Options
    This is my current opponent in carbonite 2. This needs to change! My gp is 2.5 million
    pr1eo96kkp7q.jpg

They sell packs that will help you... ;)
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Lol, I whaled to get executor and was going to whale to get Jabba but I am salty right now so will probably just f2p from now on.
  • scuba
    14101 posts Member
    Options

Lol, I whaled to get executor and was going to whale to get Jabba but I am salty right now so will probably just f2p from now on.

Mandalorian-This-Is-The-Way-Quote.jpg
  • Options
    I don't believe there's a way to change your current opponent.

• Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    This GAC matchmaking system is set up for crystal distribution not competition.

Large GP mismatches were an inevitable consequence of removing GP from matchmaking.

This makes it sound like large GP mismatches weren't happening in the old system, even though they definitely were. While flawed, the current system is much better overall than the previous system.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Large GP mismatches were an inevitable consequence of removing GP from matchmaking.

This makes it sound like large GP mismatches weren't happening in the old system, even though they definitely were. While flawed, the current system is much better overall than the previous system.
    Under the old matchmaking system a match between a 2.5m GP roster and a 7.8m GP would have not even have been possible because players were sorted into divisions by their total roster GP.
  • Options

Under the old matchmaking system a match between a 2.5m GP roster and a 7.8m GP would have not even have been possible because players were sorted into divisions by their total roster GP.

Correct, but under the old system people used to sandbag and keep their GP low by not levelling things up, which cause other issues.
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • TVF
    36680 posts Member
    Options

Correct, but under the old system people used to sandbag and keep their GP low by not levelling things up, which cause other issues.

It's not actually correct because they were matched based on top of roster GP, not total GP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    pr1eo96kkp7q.jpg
    Let me guess...
    You are winning around 50% of the matches...and most your opponents are a little better than you, but you manage to win half of them anyway...
    That opponent you show is an extreme...althought sometimes you get much better opponents...
    Some of those much better opponents dont actually play or do just a few attacks...and you win anyway...
    Close?

• Ghost666
    329 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    It is very simple...MOST players complaining here in forum are active, informed and motivated.
    In the old system THESE PLAYERS would be matched by much lower GPs (than the present system) and would win 75% or more...and i guess this is what they actually want.
    (BTW...i was winning more than 75% in the old system...so i know what i am saying)
    What is not being said is that the previous system would have players win 25% or less and would be annoyed at the game, and that you would also find players you could not beat, usually in the form of an optimized roster with low GP but more GLs.
    THEORETICALLY we get as high as our SKILLxROSTERxACTIVITY allows...and are rewarded for that.
  • babylonfallen3
    130 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    This is the second time I faced this same 7.8mi account. He was my opponent 2 gac's ago in 3v3. He played and won. He waited until 30minutes before gac round was over so I assume he will do the same today. I don't mind going against 4mil accounts where I have a 33% win rate and can still have fun with the challenge. I just think a 7.8million gp account with all those GL's have no business in carbonite and is impossible for even the 4mil accounts I face to beat. Either way it's a blessing in disguise as it made me salty enough to stop spending my money in this game which I was getting carried away with.
    Post edited by babylonfallen3 on
  • scuba
    14101 posts Member
    Options
    This is the second time I faced this same 7.8mi account. He was my opponent 2 gac's ago in 3v3. He played and won. He waited until 30minutes before gac round was over so I assume he will do the same today. I don't mind going against 4mil accounts where I have a 33% win rate and can still have fun with the challenge. I just think a 7.8million gp account with all those GL's have no business in carbonite and is impossible for even the 4mil accounts I face to beat. Either way it's a blessing in disguise as it made me salty enough to stop spending my money in this game which I was getting carried away with.

So you are saying GAC matchmaking worked out and helped you.
  • Options
    So you are saying GAC matchmaking worked out and helped you.

Yes it has inspired me to save a lot of money!

• Options
    Seriously?! I don't understand what possible algorithm would put me, at 4.9 M , barely gearing up my first galactic legend, vs a 8M+ account with 5 galactic legends. I mean ok, it's not based solely on GP, I can pretend to understand, but not factoring in galactic legends is absolutely loudicrous. 1 GL vs 5 isnt even playable. I suggest you fire your matchmaking algorithm creation manager, cause sorry to put it bluntly but it s u x!
  • scuba
    14101 posts Member
    Options
    Ichuta wrote: »
    Seriously?! I don't understand what possible algorithm would put me, at 4.9 M , barely gearing up my first galactic legend, vs a 8M+ account with 5 galactic legends. I mean ok, it's not based solely on GP, I can pretend to understand, but not factoring in galactic legends is absolutely loudicrous. 1 GL vs 5 isnt even playable. I suggest you fire your matchmaking algorithm creation manager, cause sorry to put it bluntly but it s u x!

Algorithm is simple
    SR = SR +/- x%
  • scuba
    14101 posts Member
    Options
    To be honest I don't see an issue with using GP as a secondary for matchmaking
    You have 24 players with same skill rating
    Match those 24 up by gp, yes it will give some "mis matches" like it does now but I would think it would be less.
  • Options

u seriously got matched up with the same guy twice? the odds of that happening are crazy.
  • Options
    Match those 24 up by gp, yes it will give some "mis matches" like it does now but I would think it would be less.

This is the best idea i’ve heard in a long time.
  • Options

u seriously got matched up with the same guy twice? the odds of that happening are crazy.
    Yeah I matched up with him in the 8/22/2023 round 2 of 3v3.

• Options

Well then i think it is safe to say that you are def punching above your gp. even though you lose the battle to him, you must be doing something right against others.
  • Options
    Ichuta wrote: »

I think on top of skill rating they should do a gl and gp based system. Maybe gp finds you the range, skill finds you the match, and GLs find you the league. 0-1 gl cap in carb. 1-3 in bronz. 3-5 in chromium, 5-7 in aurodium, and 7+ in kyber. then your GP range gets you to where you need to be with skill level, like scuba said.
  • babylonfallen3
    130 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Well then i think it is safe to say that you are def punching above your gp. even though you lose the battle to him, you must be doing something right against others.

I've beaten people with higher gp and lost to people with lower gp. My account is 6or7 months old I think and I whaled executor and have it at 7stars. I set my executor on defense and bottom right I set traya omi with savage omi team. I can usually win if they can't get through my traya. No one has been able to beat my executor yet except for the cheater in my fleet shard with his endurance.
  • Options
    Issue is that you are artificially making sure that high GP players will be demoted (oth the higher GP "pools" you create)...and effectively go down and plague lower divisions...
    Theoretically...WITHOUT your proposal, higher GP players will win more and go UP...making the system more STABLE over time. With your proposal you will promote MORE lower GPs and demote MORE higher GPs...making the system more unstable (a bigger mess of GPs in all divisions).
    A higher GP player cannot be winning all the time and be at lower divisions...he is either losing at least half (eventually by not playing) or just passing by on the way UP after a losing streak...

• Options
    Side note...not sure if anyone realizes that we are all improving...so the "requirements" for each division should be improving also...and slow or zero progress would mean going down in division...conversely, players improving rosters fast should be going up...AND ALSO making top divisions more competitive (higher GPs)
    (matches my experience)
  • scuba
    14101 posts Member
    Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    Issue is that you are artificially making sure that high GP players will be demoted (oth the higher GP "pools" you create)...and effectively go down and plague lower divisions...
    Theoretically...WITHOUT your proposal, higher GP players will win more and go UP...making the system more STABLE over time. With your proposal you will promote MORE lower GPs and demote MORE higher GPs...making the system more unstable (a bigger mess of GPs in all divisions).
    A higher GP player cannot be winning all the time and be at lower divisions...he is either losing at least half (eventually by not playing) or just passing by on the way UP after a losing streak...

Limit it to the lower divisions than, where this don't care players some of the time players end up. Yes I am saying make a difference based on the division.

I can see the issue of the bottom getting over polluted with the high GP accounts that don't care, which is around the same area new players come in, so it could be overwhelming, and you tend to only remember the bad, not the good or ok.
    Sure we say you should be around a 50% win rate but there is no real proof to show the new players.

Give the new players a chance to climb out of the bottom.
  • Options
    Ghost666 wrote: »
    High GP players are artificially being demoted today because they choose limited participation for whatever reason. They are already plaguing lower divisions, hence this thread and others like it.

Adding GP as a secondary matching criteria would allow players to fight opponents closer to their own GP only where such opponents are available at the same Skill Rating.

So lower GP players could rise through the lower leagues where higher and lower GP accounts are inter-mingled but would still hit their limits at the point where they run out of opponents with comparable GP and have to face significantly higher GP opponents.

Conversely, higher GP opponents who drop to the lower divisions would no longer be able to ROFLstomp much lower GP opponents whenever the mood took them but would have to fight opponents closer to their own GP if they wished to climb back up to the level they ought to be at.
  • Options
    I'd suggest the current system already is putting people where "they ought to be at."
  • Options
    What will also happen is say you have a 1.5m account that wins his 1-2.5m gp bracket and a 3m account that loses his 2.5-4m account bracket. they COULD happen to meet up because of the good banner performance from the 1.5 and the poor banner performance from the 3 and then the 1.5 is all upset that somebody with double his gp is against him. Sometimes, it may not be skill issues that made someone lose, but that person having uneven matches in the first place. the solution to this is stop playing GAC. or just accept that you will play better people than you :shrug:
  • Options
    The appropriate GAC mindset is this; Always play to win and accept that you may lose. This mindset serves me well and keeps me engaged.

In matches that I have lost, I didn't stop fighting and use these as an opportunity to try out different combinations. Have figured out some interesting teams for my roster that I would never have known to exist by doing this.

Enjoy the ride.