Worth going for SEE after Leviathan?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    [

It’s remarkable because I am planning to have SEE as my first GL.
    Everything Shadow is saying is 100% correct.

He said to go for SLKR as first GL. So 50% correct ?

He forgot about Phoenix.
    The Phoenix addition might swing his decision back to having SEE number 1
  • Options
    Jabba is more valuable because of his mod event….
    However SEE should really be a “triple farm”
    —> Executor, SEE and a relic IT team = lots of overlapping requirements & as a triad will definitely strengthen a roster. I did all 3 as a combined farm, throwing in Range Trooper at the time to get my IT team.

If I started again — I’d be doing SLKR and FO fleet, “SEE/Exec/IT” triad second then Jabba.
    Abridged: incredible self indulgent waffle…
    In what way is any of this relevant to the OP’s request?

It is 100% relevant because the OP probably has Empire team built + Imperial Troopers team built!
  • Options
    —> Executor, SEE and a relic IT team = lots of overlapping requirements & as a triad will definitely strengthen a roster. I did all 3 as a combined farm, throwing in Range Trooper at the time to get my IT team.

If I started again — I’d be doing SLKR and FO fleet, “SEE/Exec/IT” triad second then Jabba.

It is 100% relevant because the OP probably has Empire team built + Imperial Troopers team built!
    I couldn’t tell if you were trolling or not. Thanks for clarifying.

Let’s not forget that you repeatedly pointed out that the OP has 3 GLs:
    The OP of the thread owns 3 GL’s.
    The OP of the thread is asking advice if he should go for SEE.

A 4th GL on the OP account is a good thing.
    It’s not bad advice.

Yet now, in the same thread, you post a colossal essay about how you are planning SEE as your first GL.
  • Options

I couldn’t tell if you were trolling or not. Thanks for clarifying.

Let’s not forget that you repeatedly pointed out that the OP has 3 GLs:
    The OP of the thread owns 3 GL’s.
    The OP of the thread is asking advice if he should go for SEE.

A 4th GL on the OP account is a good thing.
    It’s not bad advice.

Yet now, in the same thread, you post a colossal essay about how you are planning SEE as your first GL.

Listen, The OP and I are 2 different people.
    The OP is working on his 4th GL.
    I am working on my 1st GL.

The OP is asking about SEE.
    He is wondering if SEE should be his 4th GL.
    I wrote an informative Essay showcasing some of the Requirements SEE has with other Non-GL Teams.

The reason I wrote the post was to demonstrate how a lot of SEE requirements overlay with teams the OP might already own.

The OP might have a Veer with Relics due to an Imperial Trooper team.
    The Imperial Troopers are a Meta Non-GL team which people build for GAC.

It is very important to look at these requirement.
    We need to see if the characters in the requirements are part of meta teams.

The Hutt Cartel team is needed to unlock Jaba.
    Was the Hutt Cartel team a top 10 Non-GL team prior to the release of Jaba?
    Where people building them up to be competitive in GAC?

If the answer is no, Than the OP will have to build them up front scratch.
    How long will it take to build up these characters from scratch?

What if it takes OP 3 months to get Jaba due to a lot of the requirements being low level?

What if it takes OP 2 weeks to get SEE due to a lot of the requirements being high level due to meta teams or prior unlock requirements which he has already built?

Now, you can understand why everything I said relates.
    The fact I am going for SEE as my 1st GL has given me the opportunity to look at the requirements and see if I can make Non-GL teams with the characters I build up in the process.
  • Options
    The fact I am going for SEE as my 1st GL has given me the opportunity to look at the requirements and see if I can make Non-GL teams with the characters I build up in the process.

You're forfeiting a lot of materials not doing Smugler's run 2. Resource wise, only thing beating Jabba is a competitive fleet allowing you to get top 10 in fleet arena.

• Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

You're forfeiting a lot of materials not doing Smugler's run 2. Resource wise, only thing beating Jabba is a competitive fleet allowing you to get top 10 in fleet arena.

The trouble with picking Jabba as 1st (or sometimes even second GL) is his requirement for JKL (Hoda, Wampa) and C3PO (Ewoks).
    The other is his lack of fleet. Smugglers Run 2 does mean he should be within your first 3 GLs though.

SLKR - no R8s, easy to farm characters and gets a decent fleet. (Offensive GL)
    SEE - no R8s, no defensive viability but strong attacking GL with Ultimate. Overlaps with Executor and Imperial Troopers.
    Jabba - 1 R8, Smugglers run 2!!, ROTE dedicated nodes, strong defensive GL. Overlap with JML.

If the original poster has been farming Wampa & Hoda — Jabba probably should be his second GL
    (Plus Ewoks have a lifter unit now)
    If the original poster hasn’t…..he should start farming them but probably do “SEE & Excecutor combo” as his his second GL+ GL ship.
  • LynxVJ
    138 posts Member
    Options
    SLKR solo SEE.
    Wampa can sometimes solo SEE.
  • Options

The trouble with picking Jabba as 1st (or sometimes even second GL) is his requirement for JKL (Hoda, Wampa) and C3PO (Ewoks).
    The other is his lack of fleet. Smugglers Run 2 does mean he should be within your first 3 GLs though.

SLKR - no R8s, easy to farm characters and gets a decent fleet. (Offensive GL)
    SEE - no R8s, no defensive viability but strong attacking GL with Ultimate. Overlaps with Executor and Imperial Troopers.
    Jabba - 1 R8, Smugglers run 2!!, ROTE dedicated nodes, strong defensive GL. Overlap with JML.

If the original poster has been farming Wampa & Hoda — Jabba probably should be his second GL
    (Plus Ewoks have a lifter unit now)
    If the original poster hasn’t…..he should start farming them but probably do “SEE & Excecutor combo” as his his second GL+ GL ship.

The OP said this:
    Zumwan wrote: »
    Looking for advice.
    I'm wrapping up on Leviathan's requirements (second GL ship, after exec). Already have 3 GLs: Kylo, Kenobi, Luke. Slowly farming Cal Kestis's requirements.
    After my last requirement for Levi, 50RT, I probably want to bring up Marauder to R7 to have an effective Leviathan (as I believe I won't last long unless I have her at high relics). After that I would only need to relic Tarkin, Dooku, Royal Guard, Krennic, and Sidious, and bump up JKA and Thrawn a bit, and I'd be done with the SEE reqs. Should I do that, or go for a more useful GL like Jabba? Thoughts?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/975918932/gl-gear-needed/
  • Options
    Oh….if he has C3PO and JKL…..then Jabba for sure next.
  • Options

The OP said this:

Thank you. I feel like the conversation got a bit deralied for a while.
    After considering what was mentioned there, I am going for Jabba next. Thank you everyone who provided advice.