Characters speed and first turn

2Next

Replies

• Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    If they knew about Vader's unique they wouldn't need to ask the question.

It speaks volumes that they joined the forums and asked the question on 01/10, had it correctly answered on 02/10 and have been inactive since.

Question asked and answered. Nothing further to see.

Not necessarily!

What if the OP is a Veteran player who has played the game for many years and has decided to do a restart account.
    Sometimes, Veteran players create new accounts for fun to experience game as new again.

Than while the OP was playing in Arena he ran across a player who had a Vader faster vs. his Gideon and became shell shocked.

As Veteran player who has played many years vs. good players, He may have been discombobulated by the enemy team running a fast Vader.

He could at that point be questioning whether or not the opponent team with a fast Vader is completely brilliant or totally bad.

Thus, the above confusion could of lead the OP to ask question here, He could be asking the question to get reassurance that Vader isn’t supposed to be going first in that situation.

Again, We don’t know the context of the post or the extent of knowledge the OP has.
    Telling the OP Vader unique is the reason Vader is faster vs. Gideon could be seen as insulting.
    You are insulting the OP intelligence by assuming he doesn’t know about the unique.

Nothing the OP said would indicate he is a Beginner.
    The OP explained the games speed mechanic which would indicate he has knowledge.
    The OP also gave us enough context clues to lead us into thinking the question is a complex question.

You are assuming the OP asked the question and got a suitable answer.
    The OP could of asked the question.

Than came to the thread and got upset by the answers people gave him.
    Than has not decided to come back due to thinking the people in the forums is rude.
    We agree on one thing. Someone in this thread is insulting people’s intelligence.

• Options

It speaks volumes that they joined the forums and asked the question on 01/10, had it correctly answered on 02/10 and have been inactive since.

Not necessarily!

What if the OP is a Veteran player who has played the game for many years and has decided to do a restart account.
    Sometimes, Veteran players create new accounts for fun to experience game as new again.

Than while the OP was playing in Arena he ran across a player who had a Vader faster vs. his Gideon and became shell shocked.

As Veteran player who has played many years vs. good players, He may have been discombobulated by the enemy team running a fast Vader.

He could at that point be questioning whether or not the opponent team with a fast Vader is completely brilliant or totally bad.

Thus, the above confusion could of lead the OP to ask question here, He could be asking the question to get reassurance that Vader isn’t supposed to be going first in that situation.

Again, We don’t know the context of the post or the extent of knowledge the OP has.
    Telling the OP Vader unique is the reason Vader is faster vs. Gideon could be seen as insulting.
    You are insulting the OP intelligence by assuming he doesn’t know about the unique.

The OP explained the games speed mechanic which would indicate he has knowledge.
    The OP also gave us enough context clues to lead us into thinking the question is a complex question.

Than has not decided to come back due to thinking the people in the forums is rude.

If this nonsense were
    True, they'd know 213 is
    Not a fast Vader

https://swgoh.gg/stats/top-characters/speed/?f=Darth+Vader
  • Options

Not necessarily!

Swgoh.gg please....If you are qualified to give advice, you should be able to post your roster....
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options

Not necessarily!

We agree on one thing. Someone in this thread is insulting people’s intelligence.

Answer me these question’s Darjelo

Do you truly believe the OP is a Beginner?
    Do you truly believe the OP doesn’t know about Vaders Unique?

How do you explain the OP knowing about the game Speed mechanics?
    Would a beginner naturally know about the faster team usually wins in Arena?

How do you explain the OP running Gideon?
    If the OP built an Imperial Trooper team, Gideon is usually the one players gear to be fastest on the team.

How do you explain the OP adding in the Enemy Team into his post?
    If the question was strictly Vader vs. Gideon only, why would the OP add the extra information?

Extra Information which he typed out for no reason?
    Do you believe the extra information has no relevance?

Nothing the OP said so far has made me think he is a beginner.
  • Options

Not necessarily!

Blizz blazz and flim-flom.

The OP is the second most clueless person in this thread.... And much respect to OP for asking a valid question....
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    The OP asked the question:
    Please explain why in arena Darth Vader SPEED: 213 activated before my Moff Gideon with SPEED: 233.

My answer:
    Because the Darth Vader has been built poorly!

Vader shouldn’t be going 1st!
    Mara Jade or Thrawn move 1st on that team

OP never said Vader went before Mara in the fight. OP said opponent’s Vader went before his Gideon even if Vader’s speed seemed lower.

Now if you want to assume OP implied something else and that your input could be helpful, thank you for your contribution and OP might appreciate it. But you don’t need to trash other posters who did answer the question.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2324 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

If the OP built an Imperial Trooper team, Gideon is usually the one players gear to be fastest on the team.

If the question was strictly Vader vs. Gideon only, why would the OP add the extra information?

I’ll answer.

It’s definitely possible, since the Vader unique is often something forgotten or not thought about by beginner players (nothing wrong with that; with abilities as long as they are nowadays it can be easy to miss).

The OP was right to bring in the enemy team since whoever is in the leadership slot may have an ability that adds speed.

So far though, @PlayerJ, it’s you that hasn’t added anything concrete to this conversation. The very first response you had to the post completely missed the point of the question the OP brought up. I have no idea why you suddenly dropped mod advice… for his opponent.
  • Options

I’ll answer.

It’s definitely possible, since the Vader unique is often something forgotten or not thought about by beginner players (nothing wrong with that; with abilities as long as they are nowadays it can be easy to miss).

The OP was right to bring in the enemy team since whoever is in the leadership slot may have an ability that adds speed.

So far though, @PlayerJ, it’s you that hasn’t added anything concrete to this conversation. The very first response you had to the post completely missed the point of the question the OP brought up. I have no idea why you suddenly dropped mod advice… for his opponent.

My Gosh!
    You are traveling down a slippery slope with that statement, Salatious.

I can’t believe your response to the OP is to flat out think he is a beginner that forgot about Vaders unique.
    Nothing the OP said made me think he was a beginner.

What if you have completely judged the OP wrong?

——————

Also, the Mod comment I made was in response to people talking about Vader being fast.
    A few people said there Vader is always fastest on there Empire team.

It seems the reason why is because they are Moding Vader with Speed Arrow.
    They are not using Offense % Arrow.
  • Salatious_Scrum
    2324 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    My Gosh!

I can’t believe your response to the OP is to flat out think he is a beginner that forgot about Vaders unique.

——————

Also, the Mod comment I made was in response to people talking about Vader being fast.

I don’t know what the word “possible” means in your dictionary, but to the rest of the world it means anything but “flat out”.

No one said Vader was fast. People said Vader was faster than Gideon, in this instance, which clearly is correct once the math is added up from all the mods and abilities.

I’ll go ahead and address your (irrelevant) obsession with the arrow mod for Darth Vader while we’re at it.
    8ao9pltt50vp.jpeg
    I suppose then 96% of the top players in the game have their Darth Vader modded incorrectly? How odd that 96% of the top players could all be wrong… oh right they’re not.
  • Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Please explain why in arena Darth Vader SPEED: 213 activated before my Moff Gideon with SPEED: 233.

My answer:

OP never said Vader went before Mara in the fight. OP said opponent’s Vader went before his Gideon even if Vader’s speed seemed lower.

Now if you want to assume OP implied something else and that your input could be helpful, thank you for your contribution and OP might appreciate it. But you don’t need to trash other posters who did answer the question.

The OP said the following:

At my best knowledge, the team with that one fastest character in the battle should take first turn and allow his team to "trigger" the carousel.

Please explain why in arena his Darth Vader SPEED: 213 activated before my Moff Gideon with SPEED: 233

The OP is suggesting the fastest character in the battle should take first turn.
    The train of thought which follows could lead the reader into believing Darth Vader & Moff were both heroes who are fastest.

If what you say is true, Than the OP’s segue way from one topic to next was poorly expressed.

However, I like to believe the OP segue way was nice transition and Vader & Moff were indeed fastest heroes.
  • Options

My answer:

At my best knowledge, the team with that one fastest character in the battle should take first turn and allow his team to "trigger" the carousel.

Please explain why in arena his Darth Vader SPEED: 213 activated before my Moff Gideon with SPEED: 233

The OP is suggesting the fastest character in the battle should take first turn.
    The train of thought which follows could lead the reader into believing Darth Vader & Moff were both heroes who are fastest.

If what you say is true, Than the OP’s segue way from one topic to next was poorly expressed.

However, I like to believe the OP segue way was nice transition and Vader & Moff were indeed fastest heroes.

They were. On their teams.
    Because that is relevant.
    Nothing you've said is.
  • Options
    My Gosh!

——————

I don’t know what the word “possible” means in your dictionary, but to the rest of the world it means anything but “flat out”.

No one said Vader was fast. People said Vader was faster than Gideon, in this instance, which clearly is correct once the math is added up from all the mods and abilities.

I’ll go ahead and address your (irrelevant) obsession with the arrow mod for Darth Vader while we’re at it.
    8ao9pltt50vp.jpeg
    I suppose then 96% of the top players in the game have their Darth Vader modded incorrectly? How odd that 96% of the top players could all be wrong… oh right they’re not.

The problem with the stats your showing is they don’t include Team Composition.

How many top players in the game run Mara Jade + Emperor Palpatine with Darth Vader?
    I was under the impression they don’t use Darth Vader on that team composition.
    They use Star Killer.

At which point, Darth Vader running Speed Arrow may be viable on a different team.
    Maybe, Darth Vader needs the extra speed on different team set up.
  • Options

I really am at a loss how you’ve managed to read over the explanations on the speed mechanics built into the game that others have posted…

Go ahead and share your swgoh.gg and your mods if you’re so confident in yourself. If you are in Kyber (based off of how you’ve so far responded I highly doubt it) I’ll assume then you’re one of the 32 people that have Darth Vader modded with an Offense primary arrow (which 96% of the top players agree isn’t the best way to mod Vader).
  • Options

My answer:

They were. On their teams.
    Because that is relevant.
    Nothing you've said is.

Yay Haiku person is back!
  • Options
    The problem with the stats you’re showing is they don’t include Team Composition.

How many top players in the game run Mara Jade + Emperor Palpatine with Darth Vader?
    I was under the impression they don’t use Darth Vader on that team composition.
    They use Star Killer.

At which point, Darth Vader running Speed Arrow may be viable on a different team.
    Maybe, Darth Vader needs the extra speed on different team set up.

I’ve never seen anyone in the top end run Darth Vader with Palpatine and Mara.If anyone runs Darth Vader with Palpatine and Mara, they most likely don’t have Starkiller. If they still do, they don’t know how Starkiller’s unique works.

Again, go ahead and post your swgoh.gg if you think you’re the modding and speed mechanic expert.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

I really am at a loss how you’ve managed to read over the explanations on the speed mechanics built into the game that others have posted…

Go ahead and share your swgoh.gg and your mods if you’re so confident in yourself. If you are in Kyber (based off of how you’ve so far responded I highly doubt it) I’ll assume then you’re one of the 32 people that have Darth Vader modded with an Offense primary arrow (which 96% of the top players agree isn’t the best way to mod Vader).

Reaching Kyber playing less than two months would be some serious whaling.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

My answer:

No. The OP was confused why a slower character moved before a faster character. Period.

Everything else you’ve inferred is supposition and guesswork on your part.
  • Options
    @Ultra @crzydroid you may as well close this thread.

The OP’s question has been answered, and the unhelpful contributor who suggested that these answers were “misinformation” has had their credibility suitably handled.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    edited October 2023
    Options
    It’s sad that veteran players have given you the wrong answer.
    They have lead you down a rabbit hole of misinformation.

It’s sad that a 6 week old beginner has to be the one to give you the true correct answer.
    It’s lucky for you that I stopped by this post when I did.

okay i know you are trolling already

there is no way you wrote those two paragraphs with a serious face
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have no idea why you suddenly dropped mod advice… for his opponent.

LOL

skipped his mod advice and never realized he was suggesting for his opponent lmao
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thread has gone way off topic; question has been answered.
This discussion has been closed.