CATEGORIES: Tank, Mandalorian

Key Attributes:
  • Resilient, difficult to dislodge Tank who protects his allies
  • Moderate to high damage output (for a Tank), makes him difficult to ignore
  • Build and spend playstyle using his Overheat resource
  • Required for the upcoming Bo-Katan (Mand’alor) Epic Confrontation

Inspiration:
  • (Spoiler)
    From his on screen scenes in The Mandalorian, in particular Season 3 where we see him protecting other Mandalorians by bringing his arsenal to bear
  • Even though we never actually see Paz use his flamethrower in any of his appearances, we wanted to make sure it was part of his kit as it is a prominent part of his arsenal
  • Heat and Overheat are directly inspired by his impressive firepower (Spoiler)
    (like his gun overheating during his last stand)
    and, of course, giving the flamethrower more utility than just area damage

Strategy Tips:
Stacking Overheat as much as you can will help you get the most out of Vengeful Incineration’s effects
Although Overheat gives Paz negatives towards his Tenacity, modding him with Health mods is a good way of making sure he stays on the field

FAQ:
Why does Paz recover Health and gain Damage Immunity when he gets knocked to 1% health when he’s about to be defeated in his upcoming turn anyways?
There are several edge cases that came up during playtesting for this bonus turn which would deny it from happening (as he’d be insta defeated from a Damage Over Time, for example), and it was just a tremendous feel bad moment. Although there are instances where this can still happen, these effects are intended to give him a better chance at achieving his full “cool” moment.
Does Heat expire?
No, it can only stack to 10 but then persists until Paz is defeated.
Does Overheat expire?
No, it can only stack to 20 but then persists until Paz is defeated or his second Special, Vengeful Incineration, is used
For his Basic and first Special, do the effects of Heat and Overheat stack or are they exclusive?
They will stack! So, for example on his Basic ability, if Paz had 10 stacks of Heat and 20 stacks of Overheat, he would benefit from both effects listed on his Basic for having 5+ stacks of Heat and 1+ stack of Overheat
How do Heat and Overheat work together?
Paz gains the Heat buff by using his Basic ability (Stalwart Barrage), first Special ability (Ancestral Broadside), and when he loses stacks of Resilient Defense; Heat stacks up to 10 and gives Paz additional Potency for each stack. Additionally, Stalwart Barrage and Ancestral Broadside gain different effects based on the number of Heat stacks he has.
When Paz is at max Heat stacks (10), instead of Stalwart Barrage, Ancestral Broadside, and losing stacks of Resilient Defense generating Heat, they will now instead generate a new debuff, Overheat. Overheat gives Paz additional Offense per stack at the cost of losing some Tenacity, and Stalwart Barrage and Ancestral Broadside will have even more added effects based on the number of stacks of Overheat he has.
And finally, his second Special ability (Vengeful Incineration) can “dump” his stacks of Overheat for bonus damage
How do you acquire Paz Vizsla?
They are a Marquee character
Does this version dispense candy from his neck?
You are confusing this character with Pez Vizsla
Bo-Katan (Mand’alor) High Level Character Preview

Bo will heavily interact with True Damage so characters like Paz Vizsla and The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) will synergize with her. Additionally, Bo will introduce a new stacking locked buff for Light Side Mandalorians that increases their Defense and Health, which will make Paz very very VERY tanky. Once the whole squad is assembled, they will be able to compete with Galactic Legends in Grand Arenas with Bo’s Omicrons. With her Omicrons and an upcoming Datacron affix, Bo will be a powerhouse to be reckoned with…

Bo will unlock at 7* from her event and will not require shipment currencies to finish her shards like you did for General Skywalker and Malak. Feel free to spend your GETs!

Have questions about Paz Vizsla, CLICK HERE

ABILITIES:

BASIC: Stalwart Barrage
11k86qp4be0h.gif

Final Text:
Deal Physical damage 3 times to target enemy.

Gain 3 stacks of Heat (max 10) or Overheat (max 20) until the end of the battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

5+ Stacks of Heat: Gain 1 stack of Resilient Defense (max 10) until the end of the encounter
1+ Stack of Overheat: Deal an additional instance of True damage to target enemy, which can't be evaded

SPECIAL 1: Ancestral Broadside (Cooldown: 3)
bn6agbiu4imv.gif

Final Text:
Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Breach and Critical Damage Down for 2 turns.
Gain 5 stacks of Heat (max 10) or Overheat (max 20) until the end of the battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. Gain 1 stack of Resilient Defense (max 10) until the end of the encounter. Mandalorian allies recover Protection equal to 10% of Paz's Max Protection.
5+ Stacks of Heat: Light Side Mandalorian allies gain Critical Avoidance Up for 2 turns
10 Stacks of Heat: Inflict Daze on all enemies for 1 turn
5+ Stacks of Overheat: Remove 15% Turn Meter from all enemies

SPECIAL 2: Vengeful Incineration (Cooldown: 3) (Zeta)
fc7xkwwv8b0l.gif

Final Text:
Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Burning for 2 turns. Inflict Expose and Stagger on target enemy for 1 turn. Paz gains Protection Up (50%) and Retribution for 2 turns.
This ability deals 30% more damage for each stack of Overheat Paz has. Remove all stacks of Overheat.

UNIQUE 1: Legacy of House Vizsla (Zeta, Omicron)

Final Text:
At the start of battle, Paz gains 10% Defense and Max Health for each other Mandalorian ally and 15% Defense and Max Health for each other Light Side Mandalorian ally. Whenever Paz gains Taunt, he dispels it and gains 2 stacks of Resilient Defense (max 10) until the end of the encounter. Paz has +10% Critical Avoidance and Defense for each stack of Resilient Defense he has.

At the start of each encounter if the ally in the Leader slot is a Light Side Mandalorian: Paz gains Frenzy for 2 turns and 2 stacks of Resilient Defense (max 10) until the end of the encounter.

Whenever Paz loses a stack of Resilient Defense, he gains 1 stack of Heat (max 10) until the end of the battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. At 10 stacks, abilities and effects that generate Heat instead generate Overheat (stacking, max 20) until the end of the battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. Whenever he gains Overheat, he gains 10% Turn Meter. Whenever he is inflicted with a debuff that can be dispelled, he gains 5% Turn Meter.

The first time Paz reaches 1% Health, he dispels all debuffs on himself, recovers 100% Health, gains Damage Immunity for 1 turn, takes a bonus turn, and then is defeated, and all other Light Side Mandalorian allies recover 100% Protection. During this bonus turn, his cooldowns are reset, he has +100% Offense, and his Heat and Overheat stacks are set to max.

Heat: +10% Potency per stack; abilities gain additional effects based on the number of stacks.
Overheat: +10% Offense and -5% Tenacity per stack; abilities gain additional effects based on the number of stacks.

While in Territory Battles: Paz has +25% Defense, Max Health, and Max Protection.
At the start of each encounter, Paz gains 3 stacks of Resilient Defense (max 10) until the end of the encounter.

Whenever an enemy is revived, Paz gains:
5 stacks of Heat (max 10) or Overheat (max 20) until the end of battle which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented
3 stacks of Resilient Defense (max 10) until the end of the encounter
50% Turn Meter

All Light Side Mandalorian allies recover 50% Health and Protection
Inflict all enemies with Healing Immunity for 2 turns which can't be evaded or resisted

Replies

• Options
    First
  • Options
    So with Beskar Gideon and the ISC/Saxon rework is the goal to have both light side and dark side viable Mandalorian squads? Or will the best team still be an amalgamation of the two?
  • Options
    Ok CG adding so many players.... you need to rethink the mod cap of 500. It is just too low for these growing roster of players.
  • Options
    I like his animations. Seems like they're heading towards separate LS and DS mando teams, which is fine with me.
  • Options
    Ok CG adding so many players.... you need to rethink the mod cap of 500. It is just too low for these growing roster of players.

I guess you mean characters instead of players? In any case the mod cap is for unequipped mods so adding more characters doesn't really influence the need for more unequipped mods. 500 is plenty
  • Options
    Pez Vizla April Fools Kit Reveal when?
  • Options
    This is the way
  • Options
    PapaFlocka wrote: »
    So with Beskar Gideon and the ISC/Saxon rework is the goal to have both light side and dark side viable Mandalorian squads? Or will the best team still be an amalgamation of the two?

Because ISC rework doesnt apply with non Ds Mando non Empire Units on his Team, a mixed team should be worse than 2 seperate teams
  • Options
    More of a question for Bo-Katan than for Paz, but will we need to have Dark Trooper Moff Gideon to unlock her? Just want to know how much effort I might need to put into the current Conquest, is all.
  • Options
    Does this mean we may finally see the Nite Owls in the game?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    More of a question for Bo-Katan than for Paz, but will we need to have Dark Trooper Moff Gideon to unlock her? Just want to know how much effort I might need to put into the current Conquest, is all.

Assume yes
  • Options
    What are the bo reqs gonna be? Pls tell me not beskar gideon
  • Options

This is for sure. The mod cap at 500 is easily my least favorite thing about the game. Please increase it!
  • Options
    Does this version dispense candy from his neck?
    You are confusing this character with Pez Vizsla

LEGEND.
  • Options
    so with this further proving that there is going to be a dark side mandalorian team and light side mandalorian team, with maul being taken away from Lord Vader, is he going to be a new lifter later on?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

But with more characters you have more places to equip mods which means you'll have less unequipped mods.
  • Options

Let's increase the loadout cap too!
  • Options
    Increasing the mod cap helps with big remods. More characters leads to bigger remods.
  • Options
    then we can expect some touch up for the existing ligth side Mandalorians as example for The Armorer

OLD TEXT: Both Hunter and Prey
    The first time someone ally falls below 60% Health, The Armorer gains a stack of Beskar Ingot and that ally recovers 40% Protection. The Armorer starts with 2 stacks of Beskar Ingot.

NEW TEXT: Both Hunter and Prey
    The first time someone ally falls below 60% Health, The Armorer gains a stack of Beskar Ingot and that ally recovers 40% Protection. The Armorer starts with 2 stacks of Beskar Ingot.

at the start of the battle if all allies are light side Mandalorians The Armorer gets a 3rd stack of Beskar Ingot and a bonus turn
  • Options
    Epic confrontation? That needs 10 chars, ouch..
  • Options

What is the connection between mod cap and amount of players?
    Other players don't steal you mod space...
    And, that cap is for unequipped mods only.
    If you have 500 unequipped mods... maybe you should force yourself to clean that pile of rubbish at last?
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Yeah, but it's also g12 to low relic. And you should have most of the toons already. Also also? The Epic Confrontations were both full of good fights. I know some people hated GAS, but part of that is that a lot of people were trying to do it with extremely low relics. Now it's no big deal to r5 three or 4 toons. I mean it's not nothing, but it's super doable. If you had 3x r3 and 4x r5 for the two hard fights in GAS's Epic Confrontation you were more than fine. And many people did it with only 3-5 relic'd toons. Since everyone is going to start out with Maul and Armorer and Jango relic'd, and most of us will have a couple more b/c of the Krayt raid, everyone should be fine.

Finally, there's not going to be any raid use since the confrontation won't come out until after Krayt is done, and the next raid won't include Mandos, there's no hard deadline for getting it done. Do it on 1st pass, do it on 2nd pass, it really won't matter much.
  • Options
    Cool character, I've been waiting for him, thank you CG! ;)
    Special thanks for new Bo as well!
    What about Axe Woves and Koska Reeves?
    yvk4dgu4jnvv.jpg
    Will they also join to the holotable? Will they also part of the new Bo Katan's team?
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »

If you have 500 unequipped mods... maybe you should force yourself to clean that pile of rubbish at last?

As I understand it, you personally checked the mods or, as always...
  • Options
    Mriynuk wrote: »

As I understand it, you personally checked the mods or, as always...

I just do not believe in a player with 500 purfect god-mods lying unequipped.
    I don't even believe in a player with 300 such mods.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Depending on how you look at it, both Epic Confrontations have needed twelve (12) toons so far. For Malak, you needed both Revans, and each of them required five toons to unlock. General Anakin needed five Republic characters, five Separatist characters, and two ships. Then again, Bo will unlock at seven stars, so that's one change they've already announced. Who can say if there won't be other changes?

• Options
    I just do not believe in a player with 500 purfect god-mods lying unequipped.
    I don't even believe in a player with 300 such mods.

Nor do I.

The problem isn't so much saving 600 perfect mods. The problem is that you have many mods with real potential, but their potential is very different. When will you need an Accuracy mod with a strong Protection secondary in the game other than Reva? I didn't know that I would need it for Reva until I did the theory crafting for Reva.

So I have a few - not that many - accuracy mods with a variety of secondaries and set bonuses. They're most often focussed on offence, but not all of them are. (Lucky for me, b/c I had what I needed for Reva.)

With so many different special events, so many toons, limited slicing materials, and an unknown set of future requirements, the number of high potential mods that I want to save is because they may indeed become key (if an accuracy primary prioritizing survivability secondaries can become key, then what can't?), indeed, well over 300. I have 462 right now, and I'm low on speed sets again. I've got cap space to do what I need to do, but farming, levelling, and selling has to be undertaken on a 2-3 day cycle.

Now, I could get ruthless and cull another 20-30 mods, but I'm pretty good about saving mods with strong potential only. And that only gets me another day of space on my farm cycle.

I don't know about you, but I really don't like managing mods. If I could farm 500 mods between levelling/slicing/culling days, then I could go about 20 days, which in practice means I only have to deal with mods once every 2 weeks.

But right now I have at least 400 mods that are worthy of keeping b/c of their strong potential, and another 40 that are strong potential but low speed (usually green or white mods, I don't keep low-speed mods that are purple and level 12). Everything else is 10+ speed with strong synergy between set bonus, primary, and secondaries, or 10+ speed with a rare primary (like Acc, CritAvoid, CritDmg).

Even with aggressive culling, I can't go a full week without levelling, slicing, culling, and otherwise managing mods.

I don't mind doing all that once in a while, if I have time and I want something to do.

But I DO mind doing all that every couple days. It's the worst part of the game, and I'd like it very much if I could limit that to once every 10 days or less. Unfortunately, if you're actively farming mods that means you need to have 250+ spare slots, and I don't have anywhere near that.
  • Options
    @BattleFries
    Who can say if there won't be other changes?

I'm hoping it will be EC difficulty -- meaning tailored to g12. Most of my mandos are relic'd to mid (r5) level, but I don't want that forced on me for anything less than a GL.
  • Options
    One other common thing I just noticed between the two existing Epic Confrontations: both of them have two other legendary characters as two of their requirements. Both Revans for Malak, and Padme and C-3PO for General Skywalker. I suppose we'll likely have Beskar Armor Mandalorian for one of Bo-Katan's requirements. Very much hoping that Dark Trooper Gideon isn't the other. Is there another legendary sort of character that might fit for Bo?
  • Options

i have always cleaned up my mods... here is one of my guildmate comments... i have all characters modded and maxed out inventory of unequipped mods, almost entirely 80% speed rolls so selling mods becomes a more time consuming task all the time, have to go thru ALL the stats to make selling decisions now. 200+ characters x 6 mods each is 1200 mods+++. Selling above 60% speed roll mods before having time to slice them to reveal their potential is such ****.