Leviathan mirror battle

Prev1
LordDeuce
4 posts Member
edited October 2023
HTF does my opponent go first 5 out of 6 times on mirror battles? I’ve lost every battle but 1. Makes no sense
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Welcome to the coin-flip meta. Requiring max relic level for capital ship pilot ensures it'll be a coin-flip; it's great.

Unless you don't have all 6-dot mods and all zetas on Revan, then thats a different problem
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    It is what some cried and complained to CG for.
  • Options
    It is easy to win if you go first or second.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    It is easy to lose if you go first or second.
  • 12Angry_Minh
    26 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Use profundity.

So funny that people cried to make it a mirror only battle, cry when it's a mirror only battle (to some people) while profundity still beats it 90% of the time despite CG taking measures against that counter.

I have leviathan at 6*. Didn't see a reason to 7* inefficiently when I'm doing fine with profundity. I'll most likely keep using profundity for FA unless CG decides to buff/nerf fleets again.

With that said I'll still 7* leviathan on 11/20 because it gives me more GAC fleet options.
  • LordDirt
    5011 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Is it though?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    It is easy to win if you go first or second.

You can’t easily beat an all R9 fleet with the right RI order if you go second. Post a video please. I have R9 Sass and can’t do it if I lose the first cap ship coin flip and then win the second Sass coin flip.
  • Options
    I dont know about all the gear levels of my opponents but my start is this:

Fury, B-28, Sith Fighter

Attack their B-28, attack engines, call in Tie Dagger, attack hangers, call in Mark 6 and destroy their B-28 or if you already destroyed it go after their Fury. Now they will take over your capital ship but you just need to take out all their ships one by one and leave their Mark 6 for last.

Yes every once in awhile you can lose but it shouldn’t be often. I win all the time after losing my capital ship.
  • Options
    Yeah that’s not how it works against an all R9 Levi fleet. Sounds like you don’t even go up against opponents with a higher relic Sass. If you did, you’d know that you won’t even get to calling Mk as you describe. You need to call Phantom first if you want any shot at a second RI.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Is it though?

Yes when opponents have right RI order.
    I have lost plenty going second.
    Sure if mk6 is called out first it is easy, not so much when it comes second and eats your SF or Fury.
  • Options
    Justokay wrote: »
    Yeah that’s not how it works against an all R9 Levi fleet. Sounds like you don’t even go up against opponents with a higher relic Sass. If you did, you’d know that you won’t even get to calling Mk as you describe. You need to call Phantom first if you want any shot at a second RI.

I guess go for full mirror and get all your pilots to R9 ;)
  • Options

Is it though?

Sure if mk6 is called out first it is easy, not so much when it comes second and eats your SF or Fury.

This. An R9 Sass and someone that knows how to set the RI makes every battle RNG based.
  • Options

I'm not sure I understand the plusses to a coin-flip meta. A mirror Ult race? It's the laziest thing ever.

Did people really ask for this? Same thing w/ Exec mirrors, I know I didn't ask for something like that.

• Options
    Exec mirrors had a lot more options for winning. My Piett is still on relic level behind most others and I had very near 100% win rate on mirror, especially in arena where you can define fleet based on all possible ships.

Prof mirrors where the same, never lost them (after a short learning period) regardless of going first or second.

Levi feels different. I do mostly win with my R7 Sith Assasin without all 6-dot mods (meaning I almost always go after opponent with Sith Fighter), but it feels like the win conditions on mirrors are harder to control.
    For those looking for tips on mirrors, I start with fury, bomber, fighter and bring in Vader as first RI. Usually that help me get back in front, despite loosing the coin flip.
  • Options

Is it though?

This. An R9 Sass and someone that knows how to set the RI makes every battle RNG based.

The Levi mirror isn’t 100%, but is still very winnable with good strategy. I usually have to beat someone with a 7* to my 6* Levi, and r7 SAss compared to my r5. I always lose the first two big decisions but still only lose about 20% of the time, with half of those being timeouts. The rest of the time, as long as you are playing shrewdly with TM gain from SF even if you lose the ult it’s still very winnable. The enemy AI just isn’t that smart.
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Exec mirrors had a lot more options for winning. My Piett is still on relic level behind most others and I had very near 100% win rate on mirror, especially in arena where you can define fleet based on all possible ships.

Prof mirrors where the same, never lost them (after a short learning period) regardless of going first or second.

Levi feels different. I do mostly win with my R7 Sith Assasin without all 6-dot mods (meaning I almost always go after opponent with Sith Fighter), but it feels like the win conditions on mirrors are harder to control.
    For those looking for tips on mirrors, I start with fury, bomber, fighter and bring in Vader as first RI. Usually that help me get back in front, despite loosing the coin flip.

Why Vader and not the Dorito? Genuine question, really interested.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    When up against higher relics I use phantom for first reinforcement, then set next round. Take out sass with one-shot. Then you win the ult race. Clean up.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

I'm not sure I understand the plusses to a coin-flip meta. A mirror Ult race? It's the laziest thing ever.

Did people really ask for this? Same thing w/ Exec mirrors, I know I didn't ask for something like that.

Yes some players are asking for no other counters to leviantian other than leviathan. Everytime another counter shows up, the crying threads about it pop up.
  • Options

Is it though?

The Levi mirror isn’t 100%, but is still very winnable with good strategy. I usually have to beat someone with a 7* to my 6* Levi, and r7 SAss compared to my r5. I always lose the first two big decisions but still only lose about 20% of the time, with half of those being timeouts. The rest of the time, as long as you are playing shrewdly with TM gain from SF even if you lose the ult it’s still very winnable. The enemy AI just isn’t that smart.

In my experience I win more with that RI.
    Vader hit very hard, can’t be evaded even by foresight and can remove taunt from bomber to open other ships up for a few hits to feed TM.
  • Options
    Not understanding how your Vader can do any damage, when the first reinforcements are instantly killed by a 7 star Leviathan
  • Options

Is it though?

In my experience I win more with that RI.
    Vader hit very hard, can’t be evaded even by foresight and can remove taunt from bomber to open other ships up for a few hits to feed TM.

Thanks. Nice idea, I may give it a go.
    LordDeuce wrote: »
    Not understanding how your Vader can do any damage, when the first reinforcements are instantly killed by a 7 star Leviathan

Unless you get it out before they sabotage hangars. I can’t remember the last time I lost an RI to that. Usually dagger before the sabotage, and mkVI after but before one of us ults.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    LordDeuce wrote: »

Once in a blue moon it does happen that opponent leap me enough that first RI dies, but that is extremely rare.

How do you end up in that situation? Prioritising your own destroy hangars over reinforcing?
  • Options
    I don't think the people who wanted Levi to perform as CG advertised are the one's complaining about the mirrors, tbh, but I'm too lazy to go back and look. I'm not complaining about mirrors, I have no problems winning unless I lose both the cap ship rng and lose the SASS coin flip. Even then not impossible, but more difficult. Honestly, the more impactful determination for me at least is whose SASS goes first, as I find if mine does, regardless of whose cap ship went first, I win pretty much 100% of the time
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    I don't think the people who wanted Levi to perform as CG advertised are the one's complaining about the mirrors, tbh, but I'm too lazy to go back and look. I'm not complaining about mirrors, I have no problems winning unless I lose both the cap ship rng and lose the SASS coin flip. Even then not impossible, but more difficult. Honestly, the more impactful determination for me at least is whose SASS goes first, as I find if mine does, regardless of whose cap ship went first, I win pretty much 100% of the time

They are the ones pushing for levi to be the only counter.
    when mirriors are the "only" way then who goes first will eventually come down to a coin flip in fleet mirrors as there is only some much improvement per ship.
    Then it comes down to how important that first turn or two is.
    Yes SA first turn seems more important deciding factor than levi first turn, espically if opponent has RI set up for MK6 to come out 2nd.
    This is why it is dumb to try and nerf all counters.
  • Options
    Agreed. Mirror-only coin flip garbage is just that. Same as nerfing non-GL counters like they did a while ago, though it seems there's some counters now that don't need a mirror. If someone takes the time to figure out how a kit works and can make a counter happen, it just looks bad for CG to go, "lol, nope. I mean, we put this interaction in the game, but we didn't think you were smart enough to use it this way, and now we can't have that" I get there's people that act like, "I spent all this time or money to get this, I shouldn't be so easily undermined" but most of the time it doesn't seem like it's an easy counter to their GL or ship. Thrawn certainly isn't an easy counter to Levi, I still get stomped a fair amount. Don't penalize people for thinking.
  • Drathuk916
    631 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I’ll just speak for myself but I think the majority of players that advocated for a Levi buff will agree.

I didn’t want Levi to be invincible nor did i want coin flip mirrors. I wanted there to be a reason to pursue Levi for those that weren’t early adopters and I wanted some benefit to being an early adopter. When it was first introduced it was too weak on defense to justify developing the fleet over any other major project in the game. That’s not what should be said about a “meta defining” fleet.

Levi doesn’t quite live up to the hype but is far closer than it was. Yes coin flip mirrors suck but that doesn’t really describe Levi. Getting to ultimate on offense isn’t strictly needed. Going first with SA isn’t strictly necessary.

I for one have zero problems having a harder time with opponents who decided to invest more into ships. I’m still finding tremendous success in mirrors against both opponents who’ve not gone above reqs like me and opponents who have. I for one welcome the variety in relic levels found in fleets because it actually means you have to manage your resources and decide what use of them is more beneficial in a resource management game.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I wanted nothing to beat me on defense but another Levi

I wanted an easy mirror on offense

I mostly have that now...on offense

I'm satisfied...on offense
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    My guild have found multiple counters to Leviathan . I personally have a 7* Leviathan at event required pilots and beat higher relic'd teams even if I go 2nd. I see guildmates win using Profundity 90% of the time, Chimera with Scythe, Negotiator with Maurader and Executor. My offense battles still let me beat everything so I get 1st in Arena so I don't see an issue. If you are just complaining because you haven't learned the mechanics or because no matter you use it's not a guarenteed win well that is life you need to put in an effort to perfect your strategies and even then Random stuff can always happen with this game.
  • Options
    My guild have found multiple counters to Leviathan . I personally have a 7* Leviathan at event required pilots and beat higher relic'd teams even if I go 2nd. I see guildmates win using Profundity 90% of the time, Chimera with Scythe, Negotiator with Maurader and Executor. My offense battles still let me beat everything so I get 1st in Arena so I don't see an issue. If you are just complaining because you haven't learned the mechanics or because no matter you use it's not a guarenteed win well that is life you need to put in an effort to perfect your strategies and even then Random stuff can always happen with this game.

What's your swgoh.gg?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options

What's your swgoh.gg?[/quote]

Not sure if it let's me post links but
    https://swgoh.gg/p/165911665/
    And here is all 4 of the opponents ships going before me and me still winning.
    https://youtu.be/4FIvPjbTSTM?si=208r6KZnqBsbLTAo
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    What's your swgoh.gg?

Not sure if it let's me post links but
    https://swgoh.gg/p/165911665/
    And here is all 4 of the opponents ships going before me and me still winning.
    https://youtu.be/4FIvPjbTSTM?si=208r6KZnqBsbLTAo[/quote]

and also has Mk6 called as first reinforcement. So an opponent that doesn't know how to set RI properly