Omicrons on all new characters

Prev1
Correct me if I'm wrong, will admit it, but I thought the omicron was introduced to bring relevance to old characters that we weren't using as much, get more functionality out of our complete roster?

I felt like that idea was pitched, they rolled it out on a few old toons, then they went right into throwing Omis on every new toon that joins the game. I get that this is a resource management game, but how about just not locking every new toon behind 2-3 omicrons? Zetas as normal? The omicron drop rate is pretty trash, so it makes a decision who and what to throw an omi on, but I didn't think we'd be so lazy in designing new toons that we're just throwing it on them too.

Replies

• Options
    When did CG ever said that was the reasoning behind Omicrons?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

They didn't.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, will admit it, but I thought the omicron was introduced to bring relevance to old characters that we weren't using as much, get more functionality out of our complete roster?

I felt like that idea was pitched, they rolled it out on a few old toons, then they went right into throwing Omis on every new toon that joins the game. I get that this is a resource management game, but how about just not locking every new toon behind 2-3 omicrons? Zetas as normal? The omicron drop rate is pretty trash, so it makes a decision who and what to throw an omi on, but I didn't think we'd be so lazy in designing new toons that we're just throwing it on them too.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250664/road-ahead-october-2021
    While many upcoming characters will have mode specific abilities, existing characters will also be reworked in future updates to also have new abilities that are tied to different modes in the game.

Looks to me like it was planned for both old and new.
  • ne_alenska
    123 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

CG never said that, but I'm agree with you.
    Besides, too much omicrons for grand aranes on new toons.
    Like Taron Malicos, my roster already got fully omicrons teams, and I think most of us won't always change the defense teams. If I omicrin him that was a waste. They should put that omicrons on TW.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I think TW omis are a waste

Which of us is right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I always put the omicrons on the worst toons first because the best toons don't need them.
  • Options
    Lol
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I think TW omis are a waste

Which of us is right?

I think TW is a waste.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

They didn't.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/250664/road-ahead-october-2021
    While many upcoming characters will have mode specific abilities, existing characters will also be reworked in future updates to also have new abilities that are tied to different modes in the game.

Yeah, you're right, typical CG wording made me think it was just for existing characters to make them useful, but it was the whole addition of "Mode Specific Abilities" that they just introduced for current and upcoming (that part I missed).

It seems to me though that all new characters have a mode-specific ability, and without it, they're just not that good.

19eoh7zh1e2a.png
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

They didn't.

Yeah, you're right, typical CG wording made me think it was just for existing characters to make them useful, but it was the whole addition of "Mode Specific Abilities" that they just introduced for current and upcoming (that part I missed).

It seems to me though that all new characters have a mode-specific ability, and without it, they're just not that good.

19eoh7zh1e2a.png

Yeah I think the whole omi thing is garbage, along with DC
  • Options
    Some of them are straight cancer, like they shouldn't apply to GL's (some of those LV ones were ridiculous), but some of them have made some battles very interesting.

I used to be on the fence about Conquest but have come around in the last few months despite the **** they pulled last Conquest.
  • Options
    The issue is just the pace they award them. You can’t require 60 for a toon if for the new event you rolled out for the new GL you are going to give out 1 mat a month. If you unlock the Leia event today in 20 years you will get enough to do Trench Malgus Malicos and Starkiller. That’s stupid.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Some of them are straight cancer

No, that's not at all what they are.

Find a better way to express that thought.
  • Options
    Nah, omicrons are good as they are.
  • Options
    It's called resource management. You save and apply the omicrons that will enrich your roster the most.

TW omicrons are pointless. Me adding the new moff Gideon omicrons when he is unlocked alone won't make our guild win TWs.

Me adding omicrons to malicos may result in me winning more GACs.
  • Options
    TW omicrons are pointless.

They're not.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    It's called resource management. You save and apply the omicrons that will enrich your roster the most.

TW omicrons are pointless. Me adding the new moff Gideon omicrons when he is unlocked alone won't make our guild win TWs.

Me adding omicrons to malicos may result in me winning more GACs.

I think the issue with TW omicrons is that for them to be really effective you need significant buy-in from everyone in the guild. If everyone agrees, "We're all applying the omicrons on X character." - that collective effort can absolutely win a TW. But if it's hand-fulls here and there the effect is much less pronounced.

I don't think all omicrons should cost the same. Players get a different benefit from all of them. Raid omicrons for instance should be much cheaper given their baked-in expiration date. TB/TW omicrons should be cheaper as well, to make them an easier sell for guilds that can benefit from them. GAC omis are by far the most valuable to the individual player and they retain their value regardless of what your guilds priorities are or if you happen to switch guilds. Stands to reason that those should be costly. Conquest omicrons? Double or triple the price and make them I-win mechanics. Either that or remove them completely.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Or just stop the mode specific omi.
  • Options

Sure - but isn't that a lot like saying "get rid of datacrons" - I agree that the mode specific stuff is non-sense but CG has done what they've done and we've got what we got. They're not going to walk back either of those choices (mode specific abilities or datacrons). They've changed abililty material costs before though so I think it's a more approachable solution.
  • Fellah
    56 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Lets engage into the omi conversation, I as an early game player.. have poggle omi as first omi(because I thought, ok, let’s apply this one to contribute in TWs and then focus on GAC omis). Then I started applying GAC omis and will keep doing so until the end of the days if nothing changes. Because I think that GAC omis are going to give me better returns and more fun.

So, is it how it’s intended to work?

I mean, I wouldn’t mind applying TW/TB/raid omis, but if I know that I always will be short on them, and those omis will have very little impact compared to GAC ones, then the decision is simple for me.

Oh, and before someone tells me to git gud, just clarify that I don’t have any problem with omis right now, I’ll in the near future for sure. But I was just explaining my own situation and point of view.
  • Options
    Fellah wrote: »
    Lets engage into the omi conversation, I as an early game player.. have poggle omi as first omi(because I thought, ok, let’s apply this one to contribute in TWs and then focus on GAC omis). Then I started applying GAC omis and will keep doing so until the end of the days if nothing changes. Because I think that GAC omis are going to give me better returns and more fun.

So, is it how it’s intended to work?

I mean, I wouldn’t mind applying TW/TB/raid omis, but if I know that I always will be short on them, and those omis will have very little impact compared to GAC ones, then the decision is simple for me.

Oh, and before someone tells me to git gud, just clarify that I don’t have any problem with omis right now, I’ll in the near future for sure. But I was just explaining my own situation and point of view.

I think part of a players perspective on omis depends on the stage they’re at in the game. I’m happy to invest in TW/TB omis because I can see our guild performing at a top level in those modes and improving with more omis. On the other hand, I’m about topped out in GAC in K3. I can’t believe I’d be able to move up to K2 without monetary investment, and am happy with that, so more GAC omis won’t do anything for me too.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I don’t know how is it like up there. Guess that once you reach k3 you can already think “It would be nice the extra rewards from k1/k2 but k3 are already good enough”. In any case, if you wanted to try to go up, stop investing hard in GAC is probably not the best way.
    Also have no idea how TW last bracket looks like. I thought that many TW omis were not used up there because they become weak when you can do GL walls.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Well that's not true

Certain ones are weak, sure, but some are vital.
  • Options
    Also have no idea how TW last bracket looks like. I thought that many TW omis were not used up there because they become weak when you can do GL walls.

TW omis can turn walls into nearly the equivalent of GL walls.
    I don’t know how is it like up there. Guess that once you reach k3 you can already think “It would be nice the extra rewards from k1/k2 but k3 are already good enough”. In any case, if you wanted to try to go up, stop investing hard in GAC is probably not the best way.

Not the same for other players I’m sure, but yes, that’s my experience anyway.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Magruffin
    789 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Well that's not true

Certain ones are weak, sure, but some are vital.

I'm curious; which ones would you deem vital
  • Options
    Yep, that’s why I said I have no idea about late game TWs, are still a thing Pogglecron or oPhasma walls up there?
  • Options
    Yep, that’s why I said I have no idea about late game TWs, are still a thing Pogglecron or oPhasma walls up there?

In my experience pogglecrons do have a place on defence, oPhasma less so. There’s too many easy counters so more useful on offence, where they are still useful.
  • Options
    I would be happier if the Conquest characters that need 3 omicrons weren't always the same game mode. How about instead of having 3 TW omicrons you saw make 1 TW. 1 GAC and 1 TB. Move the love around a bit so the character can be better all around the game not just in 1 area.
  • Options
    I would be happier if the Conquest characters that need 3 omicrons weren't always the same game mode. How about instead of having 3 TW omicrons you saw make 1 TW. 1 GAC and 1 TB. Move the love around a bit so the character can be better all around the game not just in 1 area.

No need. Pretty much every conquest unit is used in multiple modes, not only the 1 for which it's omicrons are designed. Even for DBB there are use cases for GAC (Tuskens or Bossk & Mando in 3v3) and TB (BH mission in ROTE).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Sure - but isn't that a lot like saying "get rid of datacrons" - I agree that the mode specific stuff is non-sense but CG has done what they've done and we've got what we got. They're not going to walk back either of those choices (mode specific abilities or datacrons). They've changed abililty material costs before though so I think it's a more approachable solution.

I didn't say get rid of omicron, I said get rid of mode specific.
    They could make them PvP/PvE or all modes going forward. It is already in game, they just don't use them
    "OmicronMode": {
            "OmicronMode_DEFAULT": 0,
            "ALLOMICRON": 1,
            "PVEOMICRON": 2,
            "PVPOMICRON": 3,
            "GUILDRAIDOMICRON": 4,
            "TERRITORYSTRIKEOMICRON": 5,
            "TERRITORYCOVERTOMICRON": 6,
            "TERRITORYBATTLEBOTHOMICRON": 7,
            "TERRITORYWAROMICRON": 8,
            "TERRITORYTOURNAMENTOMICRON": 9,
            "WAROMICRON": 10,
            "CONQUESTOMICRON": 11,
            "GALACTICCHALLENGEOMICRON": 12,
            "PVEEVENTOMICRON": 13,
            "TERRITORYTOURNAMENT3OMICRON": 14,
            "TERRITORYTOURNAMENT5OMICRON": 15,
            "GALACTICCHALLENGE3OMICRON": 16,
            "GALACTICCHALLENGE5OMICRON": 17
        }

• Options

I didn't say get rid of omicron, I said get rid of mode specific.
    They could make them PvP/PvE or all modes going forward. It is already in game, they just don't use them
    "OmicronMode": {
            "OmicronMode_DEFAULT": 0,
            "ALLOMICRON": 1,
            "PVEOMICRON": 2,
            "PVPOMICRON": 3,
            "GUILDRAIDOMICRON": 4,
            "TERRITORYSTRIKEOMICRON": 5,
            "TERRITORYCOVERTOMICRON": 6,
            "TERRITORYBATTLEBOTHOMICRON": 7,
            "TERRITORYWAROMICRON": 8,
            "TERRITORYTOURNAMENTOMICRON": 9,
            "WAROMICRON": 10,
            "CONQUESTOMICRON": 11,
            "GALACTICCHALLENGEOMICRON": 12,
            "PVEEVENTOMICRON": 13,
            "TERRITORYTOURNAMENT3OMICRON": 14,
            "TERRITORYTOURNAMENT5OMICRON": 15,
            "GALACTICCHALLENGE3OMICRON": 16,
            "GALACTICCHALLENGE5OMICRON": 17
        }

You mean get rid of the mode specific part of new omicrons moving forward? Yeah, I'd be all for that - I was assuming you meant erase the mode restrictions on existing omicrons - which you didn't say, but it's how I took your meaning - my fault.