2Next

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Or just stop the mode specific omi.

Sure - but isn't that a lot like saying "get rid of datacrons" - I agree that the mode specific stuff is non-sense but CG has done what they've done and we've got what we got. They're not going to walk back either of those choices (mode specific abilities or datacrons). They've changed abililty material costs before though so I think it's a more approachable solution.

I didn't say get rid of omicron, I said get rid of mode specific.
    They could make them PvP/PvE or all modes going forward. It is already in game, they just don't use them
    "OmicronMode": {
            "OmicronMode_DEFAULT": 0,
            "ALLOMICRON": 1,
            "PVEOMICRON": 2,
            "PVPOMICRON": 3,
            "GUILDRAIDOMICRON": 4,
            "TERRITORYSTRIKEOMICRON": 5,
            "TERRITORYCOVERTOMICRON": 6,
            "TERRITORYBATTLEBOTHOMICRON": 7,
            "TERRITORYWAROMICRON": 8,
            "TERRITORYTOURNAMENTOMICRON": 9,
            "WAROMICRON": 10,
            "CONQUESTOMICRON": 11,
            "GALACTICCHALLENGEOMICRON": 12,
            "PVEEVENTOMICRON": 13,
            "TERRITORYTOURNAMENT3OMICRON": 14,
            "TERRITORYTOURNAMENT5OMICRON": 15,
            "GALACTICCHALLENGE3OMICRON": 16,
            "GALACTICCHALLENGE5OMICRON": 17
        }

You mean get rid of the mode specific part of new omicrons moving forward? Yeah, I'd be all for that - I was assuming you meant erase the mode restrictions on existing omicrons - which you didn't say, but it's how I took your meaning - my fault.

Yeah moving forward. I like the idea of omicrons, just always hated they where mode specific.
  • Options
    The 50RT omicron looks particularly bad these days. With power creep in Conquest, 50RT can rarely clear a team on s4 or s5. The teams it beats, it can still often slaughter, but it simply doesn't beat enough teams. Reva's Conquest performance is what 50RT should be.

I'm a nerd who likes to experiment with new things and also doesn't focus on GAC, so I had Omis to spare and used one on 50RT. I don't regret it. It's part of the game to spend on things you're curious about or things you think might be fun even when you know it won't be the most powerful option.

That said, I do think the only Conquest Omicron in the game -- which requires pulling pieces from many different viable teams -- should be dramatically better than it is. If your only Conquest omi squad can't beat 50% of s5 raid bosses (sometimes the raid boss will simply have a mechanic that the Omi can't take advantage of) then something is dramatically wrong.

Likewise, if they ever release another Conquest omi or if they ever release a GC omi, it should be as much of a cheat mode as Conquest Reva. GC's are a minor part of the game, so any Omi has to have completely excessive benefits to be proportional to, say, a GAC or even a TW Omi. Conquest is so many battles and stamina limits use of any one squad. It's also less important a game mode than GAC, though more important than any other piece of PvE content. It has to have fantastic benefits, but they don't have to be quite as outsized as any GC Omi would.
  • Gabe9876543210
    271 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    From the beginning it was pretty obvious that you should invest in GAC and TW omicron and none of the others, until you are done with the former.

One way to make the other ones a little more interesting would be to remove all GAC mode ones (change them all into another mode), and then always allow all omicrons in GAC regardless.
  • Options
    I felt this way since the introduction of omicrons, specifically your suggestion to make them PvP or PvE as the only delineators. Sadly, I think that ship has fully sailed.
    Or just stop the mode specific omi.

Sure - but isn't that a lot like saying "get rid of datacrons" - I agree that the mode specific stuff is non-sense but CG has done what they've done and we've got what we got. They're not going to walk back either of those choices (mode specific abilities or datacrons). They've changed abililty material costs before though so I think it's a more approachable solution.

I didn't say get rid of omicron, I said get rid of mode specific.
    They could make them PvP/PvE or all modes going forward. It is already in game, they just don't use them
    "OmicronMode": {
            "OmicronMode_DEFAULT": 0,
            "ALLOMICRON": 1,
            "PVEOMICRON": 2,
            "PVPOMICRON": 3,
            "GUILDRAIDOMICRON": 4,
            "TERRITORYSTRIKEOMICRON": 5,
            "TERRITORYCOVERTOMICRON": 6,
            "TERRITORYBATTLEBOTHOMICRON": 7,
            "TERRITORYWAROMICRON": 8,
            "TERRITORYTOURNAMENTOMICRON": 9,
            "WAROMICRON": 10,
            "CONQUESTOMICRON": 11,
            "GALACTICCHALLENGEOMICRON": 12,
            "PVEEVENTOMICRON": 13,
            "TERRITORYTOURNAMENT3OMICRON": 14,
            "TERRITORYTOURNAMENT5OMICRON": 15,
            "GALACTICCHALLENGE3OMICRON": 16,
            "GALACTICCHALLENGE5OMICRON": 17
        }

You mean get rid of the mode specific part of new omicrons moving forward? Yeah, I'd be all for that - I was assuming you meant erase the mode restrictions on existing omicrons - which you didn't say, but it's how I took your meaning - my fault.

Yeah moving forward. I like the idea of omicrons, just always hated they where mode specific.

• Options
    I’m fine with omicrons being mode specific but it should be narrowed so we would choose simply between PvP or PvE (no more of this Raid/TB/TW/GAC-Conquest nonsense). Sadly I doubt CG would this even though the vast majority of the player base would like this change.
  • Options
    What I see them doing is making omicrons easier to get and then making them expire after a while like dcrons. Successful business model and all.
  • Options
    People are lost saying they should remove the mode specific constraint even on just moving forward. You can have the current omicrons stacking on top of each other. You can’t have Mara Jade and Juhani stacking on top of SK GAC omicrons. If it’s just for go forward, then it just makes them more critical to get, accelerates the crunch.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    People are lost saying they should remove the mode specific constraint even on just moving forward. You can have the current omicrons stacking on top of each other. You can’t have Mara Jade and Juhani stacking on top of SK GAC omicrons. If it’s just for go forward, then it just makes them more critical to get, accelerates the crunch.

I don't see how making future abilities more useful hurts the game or the players. The crunch is already there - at least this way we'd get more bang for our buck.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I don't mind them adding omicrons to "all" new characters (well, not literally all, but you know), that's totally fine. But I do wish they would go back to adding omicrons to existing characters every now and then too. It always got me enganged and excited whenever they suddenly announced out of nowhere that some forgotten ragtag character would get an omicron.

I think there's a place in the game for both, but it seems they have neglected older characters for a while now. I definitely see characters like Tarkin, Kit Fisto, Starck, Nute, ST Han or Darth Maul, to name a few, deserving omicrons just as much as a newly announced character.