Scoring Changes

Why, instead of improving the matchmaking system, do the developers want to fill the kyber? Don’t they understand that players specifically flee from lower kybers, where they can easily earn crystals? It would be better if they introduced a character comparison system or a system with a GM modifier. I don’t want to talk more about both systems publicly.

Replies

• Options
    Don’t they understand that players specifically flee from lower kybers, where they can easily earn crystals?

Do anyone have actual math to support the claim that falling into lower leagues is profitable? Because if not, no sane system can prevent earning less rewards with less effort.

• Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    Don’t they understand that players specifically flee from lower kybers, where they can easily earn crystals?

Do anyone have actual math to support the claim that falling into lower leagues is profitable? Because if not, no sane system can prevent earning less rewards with less effort.

Haven't done the math but personally don't get this either.

I'm a 9.5m account moving between K3 and 2 with 2 (soon to be 4 with the new packs) GLs and have had no problems winning half my matches over a GAC and getting at least 2nd place in two of the three rounds.

So really cant see the benefit of losing the amount of games that would see me lose crystal income just to get down to a level where id probably win a little bit more, but overall probably lose me crystals due to the drop down.
  • Options
    It’s not profitable. People are just falling till they don’t have to put in effort. They’re getting significantly less crystals, but they just don’t need to work as hard.

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Why, instead of improving the matchmaking system, do the developers want to fill the kyber?

Because there's nothing wrong with the MM system. But, according to their post, they'll fix your issue anyway by making it easier to climb, so no one will pretend to flee the lower divisions for less more crystals anymore.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say "nothing wrong" with the current system. It works very well for end-game players, but the experience for early and midgame players is clearly lacking. I don't know if anything they are changing will actually address the issues those players are facing, but if it does, I'm all for it.
  • Options
    I haven't done the math, but I do switch between two tiers. If I lose enough matches, I get little rewards and drop down, and then win more and get more rewards and rise again.

It sure feels like a crystal boost when you're on the way up avain, but you probably forget you lost a bunch of crystals while dropping.

I suspect it evens out.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I haven't done the math, but I do switch between two tiers. If I lose enough matches, I get little rewards and drop down, and then win more and get more rewards and rise again.

It sure feels like a crystal boost when you're on the way up avain, but you probably forget you lost a bunch of crystals while dropping.

I suspect it evens out.

For division changes maybe. But dropping a league or more? I can't see a scenario where it results in more crystals.

Edit: I realized I should clarify - by dropping a league or more I mean dropping multiple divisions, not going from Bronzium 5 to Carbonite 1.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Dawnsinger wrote: »
    It’s not profitable. People are just falling till they don’t have to put in effort. They’re getting significantly less crystals, but they just don’t need to work as hard.

Not sure about significantly less.