Leia Organa Tier 2 is why this game isn't worth playing

Replies

• Options
    In case it wasn't clear, @StarSon and @NYIM and others, I did not mod for Tenacity on Leia. Only on Cap Han. Here''s what I said above, and I agree with you both that it works better:
    Cap Han Tenacity 174%, CA arrow, speed... 268, I think? Maybe it was less. But not a lot less.
    ROLO: Zeta + CD set, CD primary triangle, CA arrow, Pot primary cross, strong Off secondaries, 300 speed.

Although I didn't state it, CH had to have 3x Ten sets to get to 174%. I specify CD set on ROLO, but for the record her other set was CC% (I would have liked to go Potency, but I had a CA arrow with 6+% Offense and more than +20 speed, 23 I think, and my Pot CA didn't have any offence).

I could have paid more attention to Pot secondaries, but...? It worked, didn't it? So I'm comfortable that my strategy was pretty good. Optimal? Who's to say, isn't enough data running various alternatives, but Modding ROLO for damage and CH for Ten seems to be the way to go.
  • Options
    The main effect the current ticket system has, is that you don't actually play the game.

Instead you look up how someone else played the game, and copy that.

Yeah, this is exactly how I feel. If you make it difficult AND gate it behind tickets AND it's an important toon that can make a huge difference in your next GAC or TW so you don't feel you can wait, then it's going to be rare that people experiment on their own. You become less a player and more a factory worker. It is **dramatically** less fun that way.
  • Options
    I went 0/3 today on tier 2.
    2 times i tried tenacity mods 1 times with speed sets as shown from YT´s.
    Can´t understand why tier 2 is so difficult.
    Only option for me is now to relict the both toons up to R7 and/or farm 1-2 month to get tenacity god-mods
  • Options
    Only option for me is now to relict the both toons up to R7 and/or farm 1-2 month to get tenacity god-mods

1) min relic chars are fine
    2) doesnt even need full 'god' mods, just some solid ones - just get the Chewie mods and put them on Rolo, get a CA arrow and put it on Rolo and you alrdy habe her covered
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Why do people like you always threaten to quit when they have a little issue like that. I dont understand that. Just quit if you want to quit. If not, work for your reward and read some guides or get some help from the community

Crux of the issue:

Bad game design

Your solution, in a **game**:

“Work”.

*sighs*
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Cynyc wrote: »
    Why do people like you always threaten to quit when they have a little issue like that. I dont understand that. Just quit if you want to quit. If not, work for your reward and read some guides or get some help from the community

Crux of the issue:

Bad game design

“Work”.

*sighs*

Do you have a better solution?

One that is within your control?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    1) They're not going to remove the ticket system since its making ppl spend crystals on accelerating the the unlock & ult.

2) The difficulty is fine, I'd rather have puzzles and figure out stuff than doing braindead auto-win battles and pressing random buttons with random mods on my chars.

However

3) I'd like to see them change it so only successful attempts are taking the tickets.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Yes that would be fine . like you spend crystals on the ships events . if you lose you still try again
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

1) min relic chars are fine
    2) doesnt even need full 'god' mods, just some solid ones - just get the Chewie mods and put them on Rolo, get a CA arrow and put it on Rolo and you alrdy habe her covered

1) clearly not, the person you're responding to tried that and already lost 3 times
    2) this appears to not be true for the mods that McKnight has, and also wasn't really true for me as I had a CA arrow on her and it still took 7 attempts to get past the tier
  • Spooky_11
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Long time lurker, first timer commenter here.

I was just in the same position as the OP and went 0-7 in my first attempts at tier 2. This was after taking ROLO to R7, applying everybody’s zetas and modding ROLO and Han with god-tier tenacity mods.

However, going against all the recommendations of the walkthroughs out there on YouTube, I decided to mod both ROLO and Han with as much potency as possible to land the exposes on Vader and then just spam their basics. I also put crit avoidance arrows on both.

Without exaggeration, taking this approach was like fighting a totally different battle and I was finally able to beat tier 2. To be honest, it felt down right easy.

I’ll have to wait to farm up another batch of GL tickets to ensure it wasn’t an RNG fluke, but I doubt it considering how much of a difference the entire battle felt to when I was attempting with high tenacity.

Just wanted to share in case it helps anyone else from being in the same position of dejected and losing tons of GL tickets.

• Options
    Can’t even remod anymore… all event characters so impossible al this stage!
  • Options
    lo3j437nkvtq.png
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    yes you can remod rolo and snowlo
  • Options
    U can’t remod event characters…
  • Options
    Dannei wrote: »
    U can’t remod event characters…

They are your characters. Only threepio is borrowed.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    Well u can’t remod them anymore in the char select screen…. Did u try that already?
  • Options
    You can remod them in the battle select screen, just click on the character.... the characters shown at that level are the ones you can remod...sfvnggj9ub2x.jpg
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    If they are true event characters that you can't modify, they will show no mods when you click on them, instead of your equipped mods
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Dannei wrote: »
    Well u can’t remod them anymore in the char select screen…. Did u try that already?

You can remod them, you just have to back out and do it from your regular inventory screen. Not sure why you can't long press on the squad selection screen and do it.
  • Options
    This event is trully stupid
    I have R5 character with no Zetas and yes, I've watched a handful of guides and Remod as good as my Mods allowed but I lost a bunch of tickets, still losing 1 win far from getting this awfulness behind!
    I won't kit the game of course, but if it was a random useless charecter I would just skip but Leia is required for so many stuff!... Feels like CG knows it is broken after so many complains, but it kept going so long that they don't wanna change it anymore!
  • Options
    but Modding ROLO for damage and CH for Ten seems to be the way to go.

Could you please expand a little bit, what was ROLO's DPS and potency? Thanks. I will likely be full on tickets tomorrow and T2 is next.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Cynyc
    271 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Cynyc wrote: »

Crux of the issue:

Bad game design

“Work”.

*sighs*

Do you have a better solution?

One that is within your control?

This is beside the point.

OP’s not talking about how to overcome bad design. OP’s talking about bad design and when bad design impedes fun.

The OP does not need to be told by other players how to beat an event (**especially when he’s already mentioned he’s researched guides put out by content creators**). This is a tangent. The OP believes the event is designed poorly because it is. The talking point is whether the event is designed well or poorly. The talking point is not “how to beat the poorly designed event”.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Ok
  • Options
    @DaarthBrewer
    Could you please expand a little bit, what was ROLO's DPS and potency? Thanks. I will likely be full on tickets tomorrow and T2 is next.

I already posted general stats above. Here are more detailed stats:
    Health: 63.0k
    Prot: 51.7k
    Speed: 298
    CritDmg: 232.5%
    Potency: 74.2%
    Ten: 49.9%

Physical Offense
    Damage = 7440
    CC% = 96.1%

Physical Survivability:
    Armor = 53.2%
    Crit Avoid = 35%

Don't forget that CA arrow!

Right side primaries were:
    Crit avoid
    Crit Damage
    Potency

I could have pushed more Potency (my off set was CC% instead of Potency because CC set bonus had my best CA arrow for this mission). The reduction in CC% wouldn't have mattered, but that CA arrow was +23 speed and has a 6.1% Off secondary, so I was pretty locked in on that one.

(I have better, but they weren't Potency sets. My Pot set CA arrows are ...non-existent to not good)

Hope that helps.

• Options
    Oh, and she's r6. If you only have r5 that might affect some of these stats and how reachable they are.

I also had opportunities to make her faster, but with her zeta I wasn't as worried about speed. I would have been willing to make her slower, even, but the truth is I limited myself to reasonably high speeds, sure, but mostly I just picked whatever mod had the best secondaries overall and they were pretty quick, leading to 298 without any specific effort to tweak speed.
  • Options
    There’s plenty of people that unlocked Leia without problems.
  • Options
    Oh, and she's r6. If you only have r5 that might affect some of these stats

Yes R5. I was watching a video and toward the end he mentioned his was R7. I really don't want to spend the relic on her but will do it if it means saving weeks on the unlock.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    R6/R5 isn't much of a difference. I just didn't want you to think I have better mods than I do.

If it helps? None of my runs were all that close. Pretty sure you can have one less relic level and be fine.
  • Options
    Wait until you have to deal with her team with Drogan and his datacron, then you'll know what true pain is.

Oh and I wouldn't be surprised if the next set of datacrons somehow supports the Leia team because, CG and t heir love for datacrons above all else.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    While I hate the gl ticket system, it could be worse and every gl battle could be like T2 but harder. So be careful what you wish for.