Leia Organa Tier 2 is why this game isn't worth playing

Prev13
It's obvious you guys don't test anything. At all. The fact you thought her GL event was good to release in its current state, and only tier 4 needed fixing, is just breathtakingly stupid. To spend months farming her, and some money, just to never be able to unlock her because of this stupid event is incredibly poor game design.

The GL ticket system shouldn't exist in the first place, because we shouldn't have artificial barriers after months of farming, but at least for other GLs like SEE and JMK it isn't a big deal. You just watch the strategy guides a CC puts out, remod, and follow a strategy. Leia Organa tier 2 though that just doesn't matter. You literally just waste attempt after attempt after attempt without any chance of success. The insane thing is I even have pretty decent mods but it doesn't matter.

I guess...thanks for giving me the motivation to quit this game for one that's actually fun to play? I am assuming you want people to actually play this game, and give you money though, so why you would design something so poorly and leave it in a broken state is beyond me. Not my problem anymore though I suppose.

Replies

• Options
    Eeeh... Hate to say it bro, but I watched 1 guide on YouTube and followed a remod-guide in that video. I didn't fail a single attempt...
  • Options
    I don't know what you tried, but I had:

Cap Han Tenacity 174%, CA arrow, speed... 268, I think? Maybe it was less. But not a lot less.
    ROLO: Zeta + CD set, CD primary triangle, CA arrow, Pot primary cross, strong Off secondaries, 300 speed.

It worked well. Is it possible you don't have ROLO's zeta? Because if so, that's on you.
  • Options
    Same here, 8 GLs and I never dropped a single ticket. Watch guides, remod toons and sometimes take them above the minimum level. I had Rolo at R7 für TB Squads which helped a bit with T2 Leia.
  • Options
    Why do people like you always threaten to quit when they have a little issue like that. I dont understand that. Just quit if you want to quit. If not, work for your reward and read some guides or get some help from the community
  • Options
    Why do people like you always threaten to quit when they have a little issue like that. I dont understand that. Just quit if you want to quit. If not, work for your reward and read some guides or get some help from the community

I think it's because they're frustrated and they need an outlet. Plenty of people don't come to the forums (or discord) until they encounter a problem. If they didn't know that Leia tier 2 was difficult, it's no surprise they'd be caught off guard after SEE, JML, JMK, LV, and Jabba were all cake walks. After losing badly the first time, I think I'd be looking for a guide, but some people want to try to figure it out on their own.

FWIW I agree with you - reaching out to the community for help or searching for a guide should be the first step when you realize there's a problem. But OP isn't wrong about the unlock process - GL currency is a terrible system as it's implemented and should never have made it into the game. Also the fights should be paying lip service to the cut scenes - there's no need to make the experience miserable for people after they spent months getting the prereqs. It is what it is so we deal with it - but it doesn't make it fun.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options

Cap Han Tenacity 174%, CA arrow, speed... 268, I think? Maybe it was less. But not a lot less.
    ROLO: Zeta + CD set, CD primary triangle, CA arrow, Pot primary cross, strong Off secondaries, 300 speed.

It worked well. Is it possible you don't have ROLO's zeta? Because if so, that's on you.

I've tried a couple things now. Watched Videos. Tried an offense mod set, tenacity modding, I have the zeta. So far winless.

Why is it on us that CG makes an event that requires months of preparation and then tunes it so difficult that the characters you just spent months working on can't do it?
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

I've tried a couple things now. Watched Videos. Tried an offense mod set, tenacity modding, I have the zeta. So far winless.

Why is it on us that CG makes an event that requires months of preparation and then tunes it so difficult that the characters you just spent months working on can't do it?

I think Seedy is just saying that if you haven't applied the zeta, that's something you could do to make the event eaiser - which is up to the player to do - not CG.
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options

I think Seedy is just saying that if you haven't applied the zeta, that's something you could do to make the event eaiser - which is up to the player to do - not CG.

And I was just saying that it doesn't necessarily even matter because I have it and still lost, even after watching several videos and remodding. The overall point I believe though is that GL events have no business being difficult or RNG. It's not some Legendary event where you have 5 characters to farm to g12 or so and you can try for hours and hours and hours to get the right RNG. You spend months farming the reqs and then weeks farming tickets just to waste them.
  • Sdtbarbarossa
    385 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I agree the Ticket system is one of the worst things in swgoh ever.

If it wasnt for the tickets, the difficulty would be ok because its challenging. So blame the ticket system, not the difficulty
    Post edited by Sdtbarbarossa on
  • Options
    Just finished and went 3/4 overall.

I had r5 both no Zeta's

Yeah losing tickets sucks

But compared to the horror of trying to beat chewie or c3po with minimal requirements this event was a walk in the park,
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    I agree the Ticket system is one of the worst things in swgoh ever.

If it wasnt for the tickets, the difficulty would be ok becaude its challenging. So blame the ticket system, not the difficulty

Exactly. Or, if the ticket system unlocked a victory and not an attempt, that would be fine as well.
  • Joebo720
    653 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Weird, somehow 2130 other people managed to do T2 successfully.
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    Joebo720 wrote: »

Weird, no one here said it was impossible to do.
  • Options

Opening paragraph of OP's statement seems otherwise.
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options

Opening paragraph of OP's statement seems otherwise.

Yes, the hyperbolic statement of an upset player is the same as that OP denying that anyone has ever done it.
  • Options
    I think having a couple puzzles/tricky battles to figure out is good for the game. And T2 of Leia is a good mix of tricky, but not hard once you’ve figured it out. But I don’t think GL events are a good spot for these kind of puzzles. Tickets are frustrating enough as is, and by the time you’re here you’ve already been working toward this goal for months.

There are better spots to put this kind of mod puzzle into the game, and I hope they avoid this level of difficulty in GL battles going forward.
  • Options
    I am fine with challenges... but when each attempt costs 300 crystals worth of tickets.. it is just nuts.... having the costs so steep, just forces players to lookup guides on youtube... it is to expensive to figure it out yourself.
  • Options
    I haven't played it myself, but the amount of frustration with the event I've seen posted points to this not being right. For a GL ticket event, it's not good for a big random factor to be in there (what vader decides to do/who to target).
  • Lumiya
    1576 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't played it myself, but the amount of frustration with the event I've seen posted points to this not being right. For a GL ticket event, it's not good for a big random factor to be in there (what vader decides to do/who to target).

I haven't played it myself, but after I finished my current goal I plan to go for Leia and am already farming the toons and I really dread the moment I will have to play it after reading so many negative experiences. And I agree, a GL battle should not be this hard that you may lose lots of tickets and prolong it even further until you get the GL you invested in a lot and have been working on for long.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    I still believe rng can be cut down to a very low level with the right modding for this event without having to apply ROLO zeta.

Xaereth have a video of him doing it what? 3 times in a row with one of them being close as I recall.

However, while I believe this is very winnable with correct modding I really do dislike this type of puzzle when the cost is GL tickets.

tl;dr event isn’t super hard with the right guide. Event is still stupid despite this.
  • Options
    @Lumiya & @Winterwolves

Or really, @ anyone,

Drop by 50 Shards. Some of us have done it, some of us haven't. Having only played it a few times and streamed it with others less than 20 I'm far from expert, but if nothing else you'll have people to talk it through with and console you if it goes wrong and congratulate you when you win.

To be honest, having other people in your corner really does make it better -- the losses suck less with someone there, and the victories are sweeter with witnesses. Plus we may be able to help you win a better %, but that's just a bonus.
  • Options
    @StarSon
    Herd nerdier was right, I was just talking about applying the zeta. I'm happy to help you as well, if I can, and if you have time (and inclination) to stream. I am truly sorry it's so frustrating for you. I did have one loss out of 4, and on that loss my 174% Tenacity Captain Han gained 3 DoTs on Vader's first AoE, which of course boosted his healing and made everything so much tougher. That dragged the battle out and ... eventually the culling blade got me. Who knows, maybe you're just getting my Attempt1 RNG but every single battle. But if there's anything that can be done to up your odds, I'd love to help.
  • Options
    LOL "Herd nerdier". Spellcheck is so funny.
  • Options
    LOL "Herd nerdier". Spellcheck is so funny.

It's like your spellcheck knows me :smile:
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    @StarSon
    Herd nerdier was right, I was just talking about applying the zeta. I'm happy to help you as well, if I can, and if you have time (and inclination) to stream. I am truly sorry it's so frustrating for you. I did have one loss out of 4, and on that loss my 174% Tenacity Captain Han gained 3 DoTs on Vader's first AoE, which of course boosted his healing and made everything so much tougher. That dragged the battle out and ... eventually the culling blade got me. Who knows, maybe you're just getting my Attempt1 RNG but every single battle. But if there's anything that can be done to up your odds, I'd love to help.

Appreciate the offer, but I did eventually get my 3 wins. Tenacity modding did not work for me though. Ultimately left the tenacity on Han but just went straight offense and speed on Leia. Two of the wins were super easy because she landed AB on Vader to open.

Ultimately the frustration isn't that CG puts difficult content, but that they lock that difficult content behind a ticket farm which is locked behind huge character farm. I've already put in so much time and effort into getting Leia, why do I also have to face the frustration of losing tickets and extended unlock times?
  • Options
    The main effect the current ticket system has, is that you don't actually play the game.

Instead you look up how someone else played the game, and copy that.

I'd rather they double the tickets needed and simply not lose any if you fail an attempt. That way you could experiment without fear of failure.

Yes, some people would still copy others, but I'm sure a few would try on their own. I would.
  • Options
    Twice I had Darth Vader saber throw Captain Han almost immediately and he was dead at R5. Sometimes it comes down to RNG just deciding, "you're gonna lose a couple times." and that's it. Doesn't matter how many videos you watch and how perfect everything goes.

And yes, sometimes people get the luck of the draw and everything works perfectly for them. That's why some get that 330 shard drop at 0.02% possibility and others don't.

Good luck!
  • TVF
    36748 posts Member
    Options
    Is winning 3 of 4 really 0.02%?

Those packs don't care about your mods
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NYIM
    65 posts Member
    Options
    @StarSon

Appreciate the offer, but I did eventually get my 3 wins. Tenacity modding did not work for me though. Ultimately left the tenacity on Han but just went straight offense and speed on Leia. Two of the wins were super easy because she landed AB on Vader to open.

Ultimately the frustration isn't that CG puts difficult content, but that they lock that difficult content behind a ticket farm which is locked behind huge character farm. I've already put in so much time and effort into getting Leia, why do I also have to face the frustration of losing tickets and extended unlock times?

For me was the same. As I saw all the posts for modding right for that tier, I modded straight for tenacity for the first two tries and went 0/2. after that I watched another video where potency and speed on rolo should work better. After remodding rolo(115% pot. & 333 speed), I went 3/3 so total 3/5.