☮ The Consulars ☮ - A Guild Dedicated to Fun, Help and Community

Prev1
Qeltar
4326 posts Member
edited July 2016
☮ The Consulars ☮
(Current Membership: 46)
The Consulars are one of the oldest guilds in the game, comprised primarily of players who aim to accomplish three primary goals: to help others, to have fun, and to make the SWGOH communities (official forum and Reddit) better places.
The name of the guild is intended evoke the image of the Jedi Consulars of old, who combined wisdom with prowess, were responsible for training new Jedi, and preferred diplomacy and peace but were capable of combat when needed. Members of the guild refer to themselves simply as "Consulars", and may identify themselves with a green indicator in their signature line as you see below.
Consulars are not chosen based on measures such as how many 7* characters they have or how high they place on their leaderboards. Rather they distinguish themselves on the basis of their overall maturity, longevity in the community, regular activity in both the game and in the official/subreddit forums, and their desire to help others and improve the community. We have few rules (except for raids), no admission tests or application forms, and no officer bureaucracy. We want good people, not just good players, who want to have fun both in the game and outside it.
We are looking to fill some vacancies due to people who have quit the game. We are competitive but do not have any minimum roster requirements, as long as you understand that with a lower-end roster you won't be likely to get the top rewards.
We require that you keep current with our private subreddit. Participation on Slack is optional but recommended as it is fun. :) Otherwise, we are just looking for good people who play regularly and will be a positive asset to the community.
We value fairness and due to the many flaws in the raid, I have worked hard to come up with systems to prevent having the same few people always get the top scores. We currently use a split squadron system that allows folks to use a lot of their rosters every other raid. It seems complex but isn't once you get used to it. I wrote it up here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4psr22/the_squadron_system_an_option_for_higherlevel/
Leader is in EDT, we do only T7 and rotate start times.
Please contact me if you are interested.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
Post edited by Qeltar on

Replies

• Barry
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Hi I've been playing for 5 days I'm lvl 36 I'm loving the game and want to learn more from others and help were I can I play every day and I'm improving but know it's good too help others as u r stronger as a unit I'm also on line my I'd code is 254639271 I hope u accept me as a guild member
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Barry. Sounds like you are off to a fine start! This probably isn't the right guild for a new player but I am sure you will find a good home. :)
  • Options
    Qeltar,

I am looking for a good guild to join. I have been playing since the first of February and I reached level cap about a week before it was increased to 80. I am currently level 73 and I have a few 7* toons and several 6* toons. I usually complete all my daily quests and complete GW everyday. I have reached level 48 (squad power 27022)in arena but I have not made any real attempt to push to higher levels.

I am looking for a fun guild that wants to complete all the guild activities on a daily basis. I do want to join a mature guild but also one that knows how to have fun and help out others. Let me know if you need any information from me and I will be happy to oblige.
  • Options
    I'm part of this guild and I must say I'm very impressed with it so far, I mean official guilds haven't even been implemented yet and we already have our very own subreddit, line groups, official threads and members that frequently partake in forum discussion so everyone is well informed. We have members from Reddit as well.

If you want to be a part of this, just message Qeltar or post here. I have no doubts that this guild will be top tier.

:)
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Level 72
    Lineup 7* Sidious, 7*Luminara, 6*Eeth Koth, 5*Obi-Wan, 5* Quigon
    sounds like a very good guild, I'm interested. I place around 250 every day in arena
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks to those who have expressed interest thus far.
    I just want to re-emphasize that we don't choose people for this guild based on their in-game teams. One of the few firm requirements is some sort of history of involvement in the community. We are looking for people with an established history of helping others, discussing the game and making the community a better place. Doing well in the game is great, but not the primary focus here.
    Thanks for everyone's understanding. :)
  • Options
    I thought you were holding out for a position as a SLUG.... :'(
  • Options
    Just so we're clear: I'm new to the forum and, therefore, in no way qualified to join this guild. However, I had to pop in to say I think it's a fantastic idea!

I've been a fairly regular reader of the forum, particularly of posts that deal with strategy, and I've been able to get to know the personalities of many forum regulars. I'm not surprised to see two of the forum's most helpful members, Qeltar and InternetSwag, in a guild of this kind.

Now if you can just point me in the direction of another guild...you know, one that will raid your coffers...
  • Options
    Can I Join :o
    I'm not able to help out as much people on the forum but I do on what I know about my characters. Only 63 though so I prob won't be able to do the high end raids :/

Glory to the Empire.
    Glory to the First Order.
  • Options
    Lurker on these forums for awhile. But first post as I've been searching for a guild such as you describe. I'm a casual player who has been playing since mid-January. I do make it a point to complete the dailies and GW each day & place in the 201-500 in arena. Other than that, I rarely do refreshes. I am a very mature & helpful player in all games I play, which aren't many. I've been looking for good people to play this game with.
  • Options
    I love your guild and mindset. I've been playing two months regularly and just found the forums so I'm guessing I don't qualify for the guild. I was directed here because of your comment about not gearing up even though you're able to, out of fairness Qelter...thank you.

I'd love the opportunity to join when you feel I've earned the dharmic credit but I'm hoping this post will at least get me on the Consular radar until then.
  • Options
    I've been waiting for you to get into a guild Qeltar and it's fitting that you are leading the charge. I love your posts and I'm glad to see you getting your team on. I wish you all the best and I'm sure many others at TNR will love to hear you are building a team. I wish you all the best luck and know that your friends at TNR support you....
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    This is fantastic. The knowledge and camaraderie I've developed in here because of the Consular's has been enormous. Salute to the guild and good luck!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Hi there! I'm looking for a fun guild that I can grow and also share my knowledge about the game. Been playing since December and have a bunch of 7*s and right now working on my capped level. My Line ID is Fireshire.
    Thank you and looking forward for your reply.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for the kind words, well wishes and applications. This guild got an enormous response on the Subreddit, and I've been besieged with messages I am still sorting through.
    Again the only real prerequisites we are after is that you be active in game and have a track record of helping others in either forum. Unfortunately the limit of 50 means I can't let in everyone I'd like to. :(
  • Options
    Hey Qeltar. I'm interested in joining and helping the guild and its members. Here to post my 'application'.

Currently level 74, play everyday, active on both the forums and Reddit( though I don't have a Reddit account). Have posted a few guides and reviews on some heroes and try to help the community out. US player based in Eastern time, but I started my game in mountain time, so that's my reset/payout timers.

Anyways, it would be great playing with you guys and doing what I can to help out. Look forward to hearing back :)
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    EDIT: This sounds like the type of guild I want, but I'm concerned with raid scaling and gear availability. Good luck! If guild mechanics aren't as bad as I think I'd love to help!
    Post edited by Aero on
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Just a PSA @Qeltar is not around as much as usual this week but the consulars are still recruiting. If you think you'd be a good fit with this guild post and we'll get back to you :smile:
  • Options
    Great guild. Who wouldn't want to be in it...

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options
    Been playing for a few months and very much dig what you are trying to do. I don't have the expertise in this game to help anyone. I have read a little bit about modifying team set up to one day win a galactic war which it seems is very sad for a level 71 player with only 2 maxed characters
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like to join when guilds get released on Sunday. I live in the mid west(central time), and play quite frequently. I'm laid back, and would like to do raids daily if the guild does it, but not unhappy if we miss a few days here and there.

I'm currently level 74, and close to being level 75. I've got a decent amount of characters.

My current 7* maxed out characters without pre crafted are

Jedi counselor
    Luminara
    Darth sidious
    Phasma
    Kylo Ren
    Count Dooku
    Ahoska

I'm also running with mostly maxeout gear without having any pre crafted stuff
    Rey- 6*
    Savage - 6*
    Genosian Soldier -6*
    Royal Guard -4*
    Yoda 4 *
    Old Ben 5*

I may not be the most advanced player, but usually reside in the Top 20 within the arena. Have placed first 3 times, and always attempt to do so if I can.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the continued interest.
    Again I must reiterate that our primary requirements are activity in the game and community. We care about getting guild activities done and that will certainly be part of our focus. But community comes first, and we usually only accept people who have a demonstrated track record of being involved and helping others here and/or in the SWGOH subreddit.
  • Options
    Hello. I would like to subscribe to your newslestter.
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Proud Consular.
  • Options
    Hey guys, we still need some members! Drop me a PM, or PM Qeltar or post in here.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to the guild, joined sometime last week. I have been playing since mid-Dec and have spent 90% of my time farming F2P Jedi. I would like to offer my in-game experiences regarding Jedi to you all and answer any Jedi related question (to the best of my knowledge). I also thought it would be nice to have a place where we can discuss all aspects of Jedi in this game. If your primarily in the forums please feel free to communicate here. If you are more familiar with Reddit go to this link https://www.reddit.com/r/TheConsulars/comments/4fns74/jedi_discussion/

Cheers!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    I would like to join. Active daily, moderate experience and my team is level 70+, with several at lvl 72. Tend towards Jedi, for good or ill.
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Can't figure out how to add image properly :(
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Ah well...I haven't been active in the community but I am active in the game but no worries if no room for me, good luck! Love the intent here!
  • Options
    I'm interested in joining, if any spots are still available. I'm player level 72 and have a bunch of 7 stars, gear 8 +

i'm extremely active to the point where i'm on Swgoh even when i have nothing left to do on it for the day lol
  • Options
    I'm quite interested and intrigued by the idea that membership revolves around constructive communication and activity amongst the players. I don't believe I directly qualify, but I would like to note why.

I've been checking the forums daily since I joined back in December, but I've always been timid at posting too many opinions because this is, in fact, the Internet and I look to avoid stirring the poo when possible. I've never found myself too informed about the game, as I am a small-time spender, but I've tried to make casual posts where I felt my brief, varying opinion might affect the immediate, brash opinions of other players about currently relevant aspects of the game. I've cared enough about the community to keep myself informed, but I've refrained from being as active as I'd hoped to be in the beginning.

The purpose of a game is to win, but the interpretation of winning is what separates many of the players. Some need to be better than others while others aspire to find fulfillment with their time by experiencing the depth of the game. As when I played other games, such as early WoW, my goal wasn't to be a member of the first guild to clear a raid, I just wanted to clear content for the sake of the experience and the personal achievement.

I've just started actively seeking a home for this game and this feels like it could be a pleasant fit. As I stated above, I don't feel as though I meet your immediate requirements, but what you're requesting seems to be on the same track I've been meaning to set myself on.

TL;DR
    I've been active in reading as of now more so than speaking, but I want to increase my involvement and awareness. In the end, I'm seeking an experience more so than a victory.