Andor Characters

Prev1
Pal_Koroban
7 posts Member
edited November 2023
One year from the very good Andor serie, can we hope to see characters from the show in swgoh ? I don't kwow if it was a subject before.
Luthen Rael and his ship could be an interesting adding, and an alternative in Mon mothma team or in a totally new Pre-Rebel squad.
what are your thought on this ?

I just thought, an andor squad could be use for a new event, the Aldhani heist, where you could gain credits.
Post edited by Pal_Koroban on

Replies

• Options
    Cassian gets an omi because of the show, but well lol you know its TB only and lol
  • Options
    Agreed 100%. Andor’s genuinely the only good live action Star Wars series on Disney +. Far as I’m concerned, the more characters from that show, the better
  • Options
    Andor is overrated.
    Too many characters with not enough development given to them. Can you even list off all the first names in the season? I can’t.

Opposite problem for the main character. Andor is essentially the same person from start to finish, except the Empire finally beat him down enough for him to go rogue, as if losing his father before the series’ events wasn’t enough motivation.

Andor also lacked any meaningful decision-making in his story. I guess he just forgot about searching for his missing sister after e1. Writers should have given him a choice to make, either saving Bix at the cost of the nascent rebellion, or sacrifice her for the cause. He basically got both and was a non-factor at the climax of S1.

Lastly, the pacing was absolutely atrocious. When a significant portion of your viewers refuse to keep watching because they keep falling asleep, and going to movie aggregate websites leaving that feedback… do better.

Hopefully, CG has better inspiration for new toons than this group of snoozefest characters.
  • Haugs
    181 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Eh, Saturday morning. CBA to argue this.

I’d love to see some andor characters in the game. If not, wouldn’t make the list of disappointments lately anyways 😂
  • Options
    Andor is overrated.
    Too many characters with not enough development given to them. Can you even list off all the first names in the season? I can’t.

Opposite problem for the main character. Andor is essentially the same person from start to finish, except the Empire finally beat him down enough for him to go rogue, as if losing his father before the series’ events wasn’t enough motivation.

Andor also lacked any meaningful decision-making in his story. I guess he just forgot about searching for his missing sister after e1. Writers should have given him a choice to make, either saving Bix at the cost of the nascent rebellion, or sacrifice her for the cause. He basically got both and was a non-factor at the climax of S1.

Lastly, the pacing was absolutely atrocious. When a significant portion of your viewers refuse to keep watching because they keep falling asleep, and going to movie aggregate websites leaving that feedback… do better.

Hopefully, CG has better inspiration for new toons than this group of snoozefest characters.

That's a spicy take. I think Andor just appealed more to a different sub-set of the fanbase than some of the other shows. I thought it was OK. I honestly didn't spend any time evaluating any of the points you brought up - but I don't look to star wars for gripping, nuanced story telling - the franchise has never excelled at that in my opinion. There are much better places to go if I want that kind of fix. It was entertaining and a very different feel from more traditional Star Wars fare and that was refreshing.

I think we need to see Luthen and his ship in the game - that part was too well played and the character too charismatic and appealing to leave that on the table. Most of the other characters though - I could take them or leave them.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    andor was good and i agree we need some chars from there but there are also many other characters we are waiting for to, and i would not consider andor on the top of the priority list.
  • Options
    Andor is overrated.

Andor had more character development for background characters with <2 minutes of screen time, than the entire sequel trilogy had for its main characters, what the heck are you on about? LOL

Atrocious take.
  • Options
    ItsNotMe wrote: »
    Andor is overrated.

Andor had more character development for background characters with <2 minutes of screen time, than the entire sequel trilogy had for its main characters, what the heck are you on about? LOL

Atrocious take.

Care to point out these developed characters with 2 minutes of screen time? Or do you consider cliches and plot devices as fully developed characters? Because Andor has a ton of those.
  • Deathbringer59
    581 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Lol opinions.

Movies are art, everyone has different expression and takes on art. Not everyone feels the same way. I could say the OG and the prequels which are my favorite are full of clichés and tropes which they are but what TV show or Movie doesn't contain that nowadays. Almost everything has a become a trope so it's hard to not go down that path even if you didnt want to in your art.

Edit: I wouldn't mind Andor toons, the more the merry.
  • Link64
    52 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Andor was a good show. I would rank it below Seasons 1 and 2 of The Mandalorian. My biggest criticism is they took way too long setting up all the story arcs. The conclusions to the arcs were fantastic. The prison arc being my favorite and the season finale a close second. But the first episode of every arc takes so long to get anywhere. When they decide to drop 3 episodes for the premier you know they understand there’s almost nothing exciting in the first 2.

Don’t think we need any characters from the show yet. As was stated by another poster above, most people don’t even remember the characters names. Luthan and Keno were the most interesting but I don’t think they translate well into Holo-table heroes. We might want Luthan in the game after we see where his character goes in season 2.
  • Options
    Andor is the best SW Disney+ show IMO and that isnt saying much :D
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Rogue One and Andor are Disneys best Star Wars. @Hermitthedruid why don't you nitpick the other shows or the ST, there's much more to find lol.

I want Deedra. We need another Imperial Trooper to have 3 Teams with the new conquest Moff Gideon forming a Remnant Team.
  • Options
    Nici wrote: »
    Rogue One and Andor are Disneys best Star Wars. @Hermitthedruid why don't you nitpick the other shows or the ST, there's much more to find lol.

I want Deedra. We need another Imperial Trooper to have 3 Teams with the new conquest Moff Gideon forming a Remnant Team.

The other shows or the ST are rightly ridiculed, they don’t need my help. But Andor is so overrated, I can’t stay quiet about it. Every time I bring up my issues from above, no Andor fan ever responds with a good counterargument. They deflect and ignore, like all of you are doing. :D
  • Options

The other shows or the ST are rightly ridiculed, they don’t need my help. But Andor is so overrated, I can’t stay quiet about it. Every time I bring up my issues from above, no Andor fan ever responds with a good counterargument. They deflect and ignore, like all of you are doing. :D

Something for both sides of fandom to consider, but you can just say that Andor wasn't for you. You can state your opinion on how you didn't like the pacing or forgettable characters.

As soon as you state that it's bad, it often just starts an argument.
  • Options
    These kinds of conversations are fun but very subjective of course. However I feel you can make an objective case for Andor being a good show. Here’s my 5 point case:
    1. The concept - showing the Star Wars universe principally from the perspective of the lives of ordinary people - was a good one that carried through well
    2. The acting - consistently good with some really stand out performances
    3. The plot - despite Cassian’s plot armour (unavoidable) there was sufficient challenge and jeopardy to present a series of engaging stories
    4. The moral ambiguity- unlike most SW offerings, Andor did more to blur the lines between dark and light - giving sympathetic moments to imperial officers or presenting terrorism as a ‘good’ action in response to oppression- and giving its protagonists more morally complex motivations- it was a grown up show in that respect
    5. Stand out moments that didn’t rely on CGI - the production was properly dramatic and not just a cartoon being levered into a live action context

Now - you don’t have to like any of that and it’s great if you prefer Mandalorian or Bad Batch - but to say it’s not good is just inaccurate.
  • Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    3. The plot - despite Cassian’s plot armour (unavoidable) there was sufficient challenge and jeopardy to present a series of engaging stories

Love the concept of plot armour, never heard that phrase before. FWIW, I’d love to see Luthen and his ship even if only so there’s more ships in the game.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Yeah plot armour is a great concept - until it lets you down. I’m still not quite recovered from Roj Blake getting shot in Blake’s 7…
  • Options
    Yeah plot armour is a great concept - until it lets you down. I’m still not quite recovered from SPOILER

Great reference, but surely it needs to be under a spoiler 🤣
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    i was not expecting a debate over the show, and i don't ask for Andor to receive Golden Globes.
    I try to point out that we don't have any character from that show to play with. Fan or not fan, as said above, the more toons the merrier.
    Luthen will have a devellopement in S2 i hope, and it will be great to have him in SWGOH.
  • Options
    Andor is overrated.

The only inspiration they seem to have is for their bottom lines…
  • Options
    Yeah plot armour is a great concept - until it lets you down. I’m still not quite recovered from SPOILER

Great reference, but surely it needs to be under a spoiler 🤣

My bad! I know - 42 years is just not long enough
  • Options
    I dont think we really need character(s) from andor, for now.
    What they do is like background work to me, like platoon chars in TB.
  • Nerveroxis
    28 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Andor is overrated.

I simply disagree on all fronts. I could go through each point and say why I disagree but what's the point? It's very unlikely I would change your opinion and I have no desire to change your opinion. Glad to see that we are getting different types of shows in Star Wars that can appeal to different audiences.
  • Options

Something for both sides of fandom to consider, but you can just say that Andor wasn't for you. You can state your opinion on how you didn't like the pacing or forgettable characters.

As soon as you state that it's bad, it often just starts an argument.

I never said Andor was bad, I said it is overrated. Seems to me the Andor fans here haven’t thought about the show with any amount of depth when I bring up basic storytelling flaws of Andor.
  • Options
    These kinds of conversations are fun but very subjective of course. However I feel you can make an objective case for Andor being a good show. Here’s my 5 point case:
    1. The concept - showing the Star Wars universe principally from the perspective of the lives of ordinary people - was a good one that carried through well
    2. The acting - consistently good with some really stand out performances
    4. The moral ambiguity- unlike most SW offerings, Andor did more to blur the lines between dark and light - giving sympathetic moments to imperial officers or presenting terrorism as a ‘good’ action in response to oppression- and giving its protagonists more morally complex motivations- it was a grown up show in that respect
    5. Stand out moments that didn’t rely on CGI - the production was properly dramatic and not just a cartoon being levered into a live action context

Now - you don’t have to like any of that and it’s great if you prefer Mandalorian or Bad Batch - but to say it’s not good is just inaccurate.

Those are all fine things about the show, I have no qualms about people liking those aspects. They don’t balance out the bad storytelling, imo, which is why I say Andor is overrated. But reasonable people can disagree.

Fwiw, I don’t consider myself a SW media fan. The only Disney SW project I’ve liked is Mando S1, and that show has quickly went to the trashbin by start of S3. Everything else Disney has touched in SW has been mid to outright terrible (looking at you Obi-Wan and BoBF).
  • Options
    Haugs wrote: »

I think you often encounter people who deflect and ignore you because people have no interest in engaging with you.

But if you want to rationalize it’s because your perspective and argumentation skills are so incredible that people are unable to construct a response, well, that’s a nice world you live in.

I do agree about the latter.
  • Options
    Nerveroxis wrote: »
    Andor is overrated.

I simply disagree on all fronts. I could go through each point and say why I disagree but what's the point? It's very unlikely I would change your opinion and I have no desire to change your opinion. Glad to see that we are getting different types of shows in Star Wars that can appeal to different audiences.

This is basically the same response I get from Andor fans every time I present the issues I have with the show. And you’re right, it’s unlikely anything you or I can do to convince the other to change our positions.

However, I will point out that you felt strongly enough to respond to me, but decline to provide any meaningful arguments to address my issues. So I question if you’ve really thought deeply enough about the show you’re a fan of. This is rhetorical, btw; you don’t seem like the person who likes a challenge to their preconceptions.
  • Options
    Andor wasn't bad, it just wasn't X-Wings & Light Sabers so it didn't "feel" much action in it.

Now as for adding characters to the game, my question is why/where?

I don't need an existing team ripped apart to make a new one.

SawG. was already a disappointment for Rebel Fighters from what I've read.

Raddus is already a new leader for Rogue-1 & wants Jynn the old leader w/ him.

So the only thing I'd wonder is, can you come up with a Leadership ability that would give use to existing rebels w/o gutting an existing team.
    I'd like to find a use for SawG & the whole Wiggs & Chaze sounded really good on paper, but it didn't work out.

I wouldn't mind someone to make Ackbar/Leia have a use.
    A tank to hold together the old "Danger Zone" team under Wedge lead?

Making Luthen a Mon type passive character would work but it needs to be with a solid team of characters that don't already have a use IMHO.
    Alternatively, he could be like Hermit or Watt & NOT be the leader but offer serious buffs to turbo charge the team. I think this might be better to get some use out of Ackbar/Wedge leadership abilities.

Hmm, actually, it might even be fun to have an ability similar to Moff Gideon & Iden where it calls out team members & opponents being "Leaders".

Something like a leader bonus that gives more stats or buffs going just to Leader Tags & Rebel Fighters, so you end up with a team like Luthen Lead + Ackbar, Leia, Lando, Hoth Soldier.
    Maybe something like Hera where it would share Leader Abilities the way her Lead shares Phoenix Uniques.
    A team getting Ackbar+Leia+Lando/Wedge+Other leadership all at once might be interesting?

IDK, I just don't need a leader for toons I have at G1 or toons I'm using elsewhere.
    I need new toons to work w/ existing relics that have no current use, LOL
  • Options
    yes, I do realise for the moment Luthen is quite "alone" and we can't think of a squad to go with. But maybe if we get a s2 that offers the possibility to build something interesting (and not juste a squad to make a squad like the SawG stuff mentioned above) why not ? it seems that people enjoy the show, let them play with ! and his ship is definitely a must have in the game !
  • Options
    I’d like to give Bix’s toon a spin.