Andor Characters

2Next

Replies

• Options
    The only inspiration they seem to have is for their bottom lines…

Such a boring and uninspired take.

A corporation wants to earn money? SHOCKHORRORSURPRISE!

You know McDonalds, Home Depot, Apple, Whole Foods, and the NFL are all in business purely to spread generous good will. True facts!
  • Options
    Don't make Luthen a non-combatant like MM. He's very much a combatant.

He would have to operate differently, though. The best thing for Luthen is to make him a VERY powerful toon with an Omicron that prevents anyone (ally or enemy) from targeting an ally with any ability and from sharing stats passively with any toon. If that isn't powerful enough, add on that it prevents all AoE damage (you can only damage the toon you're targeting). And, of course, Luthen and all Luthen allies ignore taunt.

In Luthen's world, everyone is on their own and sneak attacks can come from any direction. Characters can affect allies with things that grant buffs or passive benefits (like Barriss' zeta allowing each toon to heal when critically hit) only so long as the it doesn't require targeting a specific ally with an ability on your turn.

It could (would?) make him a hard counter to JML and if you shut down AoE damage you severely limit Lord Vader squads. Jabba, on the other hand, would make short work of him by piling thermals on Luthen and his allies one at a time.

It's also just super moody. That's an ability that really brings out the character of Luthen and translates it into game mechanics. Frankly, I know that they try to do that sometimes, but I wish that they could and would do it more. Like Barriss. She's a Jedi who turned to the dark side. But not only that, she's a Jedi who conspired to blame Ahsoka for her own crimes. What if at the beginning of her turn she dispelled all debuffs on herself and granted a random debuff of the same type to any other LS UFU or Jedi, one copy for each distinct type of debuff? (She cannot dispel her own debuffs if there are no active LS UFU or Jedi allies.)

It can still be an advantage, by reducing the duration of the debuff to 1 turn regardless of the original duration and by reducing multiple copies of a debuff (like DoTs) down to 1 copy. But it's similar to the Sith ability to self-cleanse at the cost of health (see Traya) which characterizes Barriss as Sith-adjacent, and it simulates blaming someone else for her own sins.

There's just much more that could be done with translating the feel of a character into the mechanics of SWGOH. I will give them that it's better than it used to be (the first 30-40 toons released right at the beginning of the game seemed to have little to no attempt to consider characterization at all), but I'd like to see them do more. Those are the touches that make a game great.
  • Options
    True he is a combatant w/ Cassian avoiding the Corp Sec teams.

I was more thinking about how he is a behind the scenes manipulator/planner.

I like your sneak attack & hide ideas.

Maybe something with an ability that will grant the whole team full TM / Bonus Turns?
    Not another group assist but something to cause the allies to get an attack.

Also maybe a buff that combines Stealth & an "Invulnerability/Shield" type buff like Kylo gets on his ultimate.
    Duration would have to be short, like just 1 turn, but it would stop direct targeting & also any AE damage.

I'm more curious where he would go, what would be his "synergy" toons.
    Clearly it has to be some form of Rebels / RebFighters, but also needs to somehow exclude making CLS or MM or Raddus teams OP.

Which is where I sort of came up w/ Rebel Leaders. (&/or Rebel Fighters)
    There are a bunch of those that don't actually get love & short of possibly breaking up Wiggs, most have nowhere to get used right now.
  • Options
    Nici wrote: »
    Rogue One and Andor are Disneys best Star Wars. @Hermitthedruid why don't you nitpick the other shows or the ST, there's much more to find lol.

I want Deedra. We need another Imperial Trooper to have 3 Teams with the new conquest Moff Gideon forming a Remnant Team.

The other shows or the ST are rightly ridiculed, they don’t need my help. But Andor is so overrated, I can’t stay quiet about it. Every time I bring up my issues from above, no Andor fan ever responds with a good counterargument. They deflect and ignore, like all of you are doing. :D

Hey uhhh I'm new here to the forums, the only reason I'm even here in the first place was to see if I was the only one craving for some Andor content in the game. The reason I and many others love the series is because it has an entirely new approach on the Rebellion and The Empire. It's fine if you don't like the pacing or the other flaws such as Cassian's sister simply being forgotten, to which I agree those are some pretty good points but the thing is the tension was so high at the end of the show that most people including myself simply forgot about her.
    Star Wars has **** **** ever since Disney took over...Star Wars Rebels would be an OK show at best without the insane amount of filler making it trash, Boba Fett was a massive flop alongside Kenobi...and do I even need to say anything about Ahsoka? I kinda liked it but Sabine suddenly being forced sensitive and not dying from that stab is absurd !
    Andor despite these relatively minor flaws is a pretty **** good show. The first 2 episodes were super boring when I first watched it, it was episode 3 that got me invested in the show, amazing payoff.
    It's worth noting this isn't an action packed TV show and it was never meant to be , it's a sci-fi drama series.
    Game Of Thrones didn't have that much action in the first 2 Seasons due to lack of budget yet the story was great because what made the show so good was how these characters and Royal Houses interacted with each other and the overall environment. Andor is no different and a worthless backwater planet such as Ferrix feels way more alive and real then say Tatooine or Coruscant.
    It's fine if you don't like the show, it sure isn't for everybody but it is unfair to judge the entire "project" based on its minor flaws.
  • Options
    Even though this isn't Andor, I would like to see the Zann Consortium, especially there being only one white outlined relic 13 character.
  • Options

You know McDonalds, Home Depot, Apple, Whole Foods, and the NFL are all in business purely to spread generous good will. True facts!

Did you know that McDonald's is raising the price of their items because minimum wage is going up in some U.S. states? Because almost everyone that works for them makes minimum wage? Which is not nearly enough to live off of?
  • Options
    Also I've never seen andor, but some characters from it would be intriguing
  • Options
    Ranzono wrote: »

Did you know that McDonald's is raising the price of their items because minimum wage is going up in some U.S. states? Because almost everyone that works for them makes minimum wage? Which is not nearly enough to live off of?

So why work for them?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    @Ranzono

I have no idea what that has to do with the point I was making.
  • Options
    I'm saying companies will always have money as the main focus
  • Options
    So you were just agreeing with me. Okay.
  • Options
    My assumption is that either Disney has requested or directed a delay or CG knows something is going to fundamentally change with a toon, for example our lack of Crosshairs after the Clone Wars revival since in Bad Batch he switched factions and we got Omega instead.
    I assume Luther is on the whiteboard along with his ship but not sure if Red5 hinted at years ago is going to be the Akbar fleet lifter or not.
    Luther and his ship are really the only things from Andor that I could see making it into the game. None of the other characters really endured or they already exist. I would expect Mon Motha to get a facelift in game before we get a second version that supports rebel, phoenix, and rebel fighter factions. But then they remove her contributions to Rogue One.

Luther's ship abilities would be interesting.
    He had the ability to change his ship ID rapidly, might be a passive where opponents cannot target him for 1-2 turns.
    Clearly the countermeasures to the tractor beam were awesome in the show, not sure how to replicate it in game, maybe he evades better, avoids target locks.
    One shooting a TIE Bomber would be great. (reinforcement ability, instantly kill taunting ship)
    The ship has the turret for basics.
    Side mounted light sabers, not sure how that would work, maybe its area damage to two or more ships.

There you go CG, now just code it and add slightly better artwork than Meathead's Y-wing rendition.