When do Marquee Characters typically become accelerated?

Specifically, I'm interested in when we might see Captain Rex and Princess Kneesa as accelerated farms... You guys have any idea?

Replies

• Options
    It's typically one year from release.
  • Options
    What SlipperyPete said, typically a year from release. You can see when each marque was released here:
    https://swgohevents.com/marquee
  • Options
    So...

Captain Rex should become accelerated at the end of June or the first week of July next year,

Kneesa becomes accelerated mid-to-late July.

But what statix said for general info going into the future.
    Do remember that they don't become accelerated on that exact date, but rather they become accelerated during a regular game update on or near that date. Since updates are every 2 weeks, it's a good bet that any toon will be accelerated within 365-380 days of their marquee date. (1 year + 15 days) Even then there are no guarantees. But it won't be before you hit one year after release date that they become eligible for acceleration. For instance, Captain Rex's normal acceleration date includes the 4th of July holiday (CG being a US company). If the holiday gets in the way of the update, he might not be accelerated until mid July. On the other hand, Kneesa's mid-to-late July timeframe is usually a slow period, so there's no reason to think her acceleration will be delayed. Things could still happen if other things are going on (introducing a new raid or whatever) that needs extra time, but they'll both probably be within that 15 day period, with Rex more likely to be late than Kneesa.
  • Options
    It’s cool that it’s less than one year from when they go on a node and become farmable.
  • Options
    ok thanks guys! so zorii bliss will become accelerated soon.
  • Options
    zeng_steve wrote: »
    Specifically, I'm interested in when we might see Captain Rex and Princess Kneesa as accelerated farms... You guys have any idea?

They won’t be accelerated until a new featured GL is announced, or at least that’s what happened with the Jabba toons anyway
  • Options

They won’t be accelerated until a new featured GL is announced, or at least that’s what happened with the Jabba toons anyway

That's not the reason at all. It's just that it kind of lined up that way this time.

Leia was announced in July. Jabba toons were accelerated on their one year anniversary, per stated cadence:
    Krrsantan - 19th July (as scheduled)
    Skiff Lando - 9th August (as scheduled)
    Boussh Leia - 7th September (as scheduled)
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

That's not the reason at all. It's just that it kind of lined up that way this time.

Leia was announced in July. Jabba toons were accelerated on their one year anniversary, per stated cadence:

Will be interesting to see if the next GL will be announced the same time next year, one would think that would be the streamlining, that the toons are accelerated when they are no longer needed for a “featured” JG toon and new content is being released.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Will be interesting to see if the next GL will be announced the same time next year, one would think that would be the streamlining, that the toons are accelerated when they are no longer needed for a “featured” JG toon and new content is being released.

It's been my experience that people that wait to farm only accelerated characters aren't too worried about getting the new shiny thing. I have folks in my guild that won't farm non-accelerated characters, and while I understand the desire for efficiency, the opportunity cost of not farming them asap almost always out-weighs the benefits of efficiency. My point is, I don't think those people are the ones going after the "featured" stuff anyway, so I'm not sure why it matters. People that rush to the new stuff will always have the benefit and reap the additional rewards of the newest thing and people that wait will always miss out on that.

I would expect if they're going to keep releasing GLs, they'll likely maintain roughly the same cadence so it stands to reason that marquees for the last GL will accelerate around the same time the marquees for the new GL get released. Give or take some weeks.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    There will be a new hard-to-get toon/unit (whether a GL/Cap Ship or something else) timed for the release of the next raid. The next raid is said to come 8-9 months after the Endor Raid.

People are ignoring that if they were really keeping an annual schedule, then Kneesa, Drogan, etc. would have their marquee debuts at the same time that Boussh and Skid Guard Lando etc. were becoming accelerated.

The timeline doesn't match up the way that some people here seem to think it does. This is not an annual cadence. And it has never been an annual cadence.