I Give Up

Prev1
12thParsec
195 posts Member
edited December 2023
Over 2,000 tickets later I give up on trying to unlock Leia. After all the farming and all the energy and crystals spent to unlock one character it is not worth losing my mental state. I’ll never understand how this became a billion dollar company. This game leaves a bad taste in my mouth like no other. They can’t listen to simple things from the community. Why make me do all this effort only to unlock the event and have to spend countless weeks trying to unlock the character because the events are almost impossible to beat? Cgs strategy to get players to like their game is unintelligent and brainless. I’ll be putting this game down for a long time.

Replies

  • 12th. There are 2 great responses there, reply in DMs to them. A great example of how this community would reach out.
  • If you don't want to jump on Discord, you can find some good videos on youtube. I used Xaereth's. He has a video that is specific to T2 as it is the most difficult. He covers the mods, the strategy, and then hits T2 four times to show you how to do it. I didn't have his mod setup, but his strategy helped me win 3 out of 4 tries.
  • 12thParsec wrote: »
    I really do appreciate the offers for help. That really is the best thing about the game is the community. As far as the game goes it is no where near what it used to be. For now though I don’t think I’m coming back. It doesn’t seem like there will be any change soon so I’d rather spend my money and time on a game and dev team that actually care about the players instead of their wallets.

    Don't give up. You've had some solid offers / suggestions to help out. I get the frustration but perservere.
  • If they wanted to make a quality of life change, just get rid of losing tickets for failed attempts.

    The loss of tickets is what makes these grinds so infuriating and rage inducing.

    Losing tickets that you took weeks to grind only to have a failed attack is brutal.

    Then why even have a ticket system? You can remove tickets and then it's like most the other journey guide events that have unlimited attempts, or they can keep tickets but it's a ticket to play, not a ticket to win. Id prefer no tickets but they designed it this way and it makes perfect sense for you to lose tickets when you lose. It does make you take attempts seriously, remod, watch videos, etc, when it's hard. Slkr and Rey I totally lost tickets for, see I even did, but since then I don't believe I have lost on any tier (leia t2 was the first since see/jml that it was even like possible iirc, since you could auto jmk and lv and jabba regardless of modding)
  • Haugs
    171 posts Member
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    If they wanted to make a quality of life change, just get rid of losing tickets for failed attempts.

    The loss of tickets is what makes these grinds so infuriating and rage inducing.

    Losing tickets that you took weeks to grind only to have a failed attack is brutal.

    Then why even have a ticket system? You can remove tickets and then it's like most the other journey guide events that have unlimited attempts, or they can keep tickets but it's a ticket to play, not a ticket to win. Id prefer no tickets but they designed it this way and it makes perfect sense for you to lose tickets when you lose. It does make you take attempts seriously, remod, watch videos, etc, when it's hard. Slkr and Rey I totally lost tickets for, see I even did, but since then I don't believe I have lost on any tier (leia t2 was the first since see/jml that it was even like possible iirc, since you could auto jmk and lv and jabba regardless of modding)

    Yikes.
  • Gawejn
    1088 posts Member
    Loosing tickets is just dumb option.
  • vormir wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    If they wanted to make a quality of life change, just get rid of losing tickets for failed attempts.

    The loss of tickets is what makes these grinds so infuriating and rage inducing.

    Losing tickets that you took weeks to grind only to have a failed attack is brutal.

    Then why even have a ticket system? You can remove tickets and then it's like most the other journey guide events that have unlimited attempts, or they can keep tickets but it's a ticket to play, not a ticket to win. Id prefer no tickets but they designed it this way and it makes perfect sense for you to lose tickets when you lose. It does make you take attempts seriously, remod, watch videos, etc, when it's hard. Slkr and Rey I totally lost tickets for, see I even did, but since then I don't believe I have lost on any tier (leia t2 was the first since see/jml that it was even like possible iirc, since you could auto jmk and lv and jabba regardless of modding)

    Because most of us want to have fun playing a Star Wars game. If you lose 3-4 days of ticket collecting because vader had the nasty opening move, it will only frustrate players and like OP, make them look for alternatives (MSF is great in that aspect). Keep the ticket system if they want to prevent instant GL unlock but let users keep tickets so they can try again. CG has been pushing rng more and more (don't ever start HoME) and it sucks the fun out of playing a long term game at the very early/critical stages.

    I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong in any respect, I just find your choice of phrase "instant GL unlock" to be a bit funny. There's nothing really "instant" about it.
  • el_mago wrote: »
    vormir wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    If they wanted to make a quality of life change, just get rid of losing tickets for failed attempts.

    The loss of tickets is what makes these grinds so infuriating and rage inducing.

    Losing tickets that you took weeks to grind only to have a failed attack is brutal.

    Then why even have a ticket system? You can remove tickets and then it's like most the other journey guide events that have unlimited attempts, or they can keep tickets but it's a ticket to play, not a ticket to win. Id prefer no tickets but they designed it this way and it makes perfect sense for you to lose tickets when you lose. It does make you take attempts seriously, remod, watch videos, etc, when it's hard. Slkr and Rey I totally lost tickets for, see I even did, but since then I don't believe I have lost on any tier (leia t2 was the first since see/jml that it was even like possible iirc, since you could auto jmk and lv and jabba regardless of modding)

    Because most of us want to have fun playing a Star Wars game. If you lose 3-4 days of ticket collecting because vader had the nasty opening move, it will only frustrate players and like OP, make them look for alternatives (MSF is great in that aspect). Keep the ticket system if they want to prevent instant GL unlock but let users keep tickets so they can try again. CG has been pushing rng more and more (don't ever start HoME) and it sucks the fun out of playing a long term game at the very early/critical stages.

    I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong in any respect, I just find your choice of phrase "instant GL unlock" to be a bit funny. There's nothing really "instant" about it.

    If there is no ticket system, the minute you complete requirements, you can load god mods on your toons and unlock the GL in an hour or so, that's what I meant by" "instant". Without tiers, GL unlock would feel a bit cheap tbh but there needs to be a balance between going thru a worthy journey and losing your mind over tickets
  • 12thParsec wrote: »
    I really do appreciate the offers for help. That really is the best thing about the game is the community. As far as the game goes it is no where near what it used to be. For now though I don’t think I’m coming back. It doesn’t seem like there will be any change soon so I’d rather spend my money and time on a game and dev team that actually care about the players instead of their wallets.
    SWGOH is the only online game I play: I've spent more than I care to admit on a game I will never own. I believe you will find EVERY online game has, as a goal, to make it addictive, time-consuming, constant rote requirements w/a limit on ones ability to store a good amount of resources - while forcing the player to spend tons of $$$ to be a top-tier player.
  • Mace
    27 posts Member
    The best GL unlock I have experienced is Jabba.
    Because it was a fun unlock! Not hard, yes it took time to grind tickets but you knew you were not going to loose them easy to an even that was rng hard based.
    I’m starting me Leia grind now, this puts me off it!
  • Mace wrote: »
    I’m starting me Leia grind now, this puts me off it!

    Don't be put off. There's only one difficult tier and it's quite doable with the right modding. And even if you struggle, it's one of the early tiers that costs fewer tickets per attempt, and you only need 3 victories. For good or ill it's over in just a few days.

  • Jabba unlock was great until the Ultimate bug completed his Journey at 11/12 for several weeks.
  • For those who don’t know I have watched the videos. I have asked real people for help and it lead to the same thing. Even with full tenacity mods i would still get 7+ dots every aoe attack. You can’t ability block Vader, he heals 100% health for just one dot that expires, his culling blade even with no dots does 100k damage and he always goes after Han no matter what. Im not going to relic 9 leia or Han no matter what. Im done with this game. I have lived a very peaceful life without it.
  • You can in fact ability.block Vader.
  • JibberJabber
    142 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Finally played tier 2, lost first attempt. Followed the guide on YouTube and put crit avoidance on both Hahn and leia and went 3 for 3. Video on you tube was from Reality Skewed Gamers. You need to remod and for me it was getting rid of tenacity mods and running potency. The video explains why you do this.
  • 12thParsec wrote: »
    For those who don’t know I have watched the videos. I have asked real people for help and it lead to the same thing. Even with full tenacity mods i would still get 7+ dots every aoe attack. You can’t ability block Vader, he heals 100% health for just one dot that expires, his culling blade even with no dots does 100k damage and he always goes after Han no matter what. Im not going to relic 9 leia or Han no matter what. Im done with this game. I have lived a very peaceful life without it.


    I don’t think your using the correct mods, stacking tenacity is not the key to winning.
  • It is more the game play than mods. I watched the videos and modded as best as I could, but didn't reach the stats in the video, but I still went 3 for 3 on the vader level.
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1049 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    EdSolo wrote: »
    It is more the game play than mods. I watched the videos and modded as best as I could, but didn't reach the stats in the video, but I still went 3 for 3 on the vader level.

    I had a similar experience. I didn't massively remod, but went for a bit of tenacity, potency and speed and went 3/4. I looked after and mine were no where near whats quoted in a lot of the vids. RNG will be playing a factor too, but it can be done with not even demi-god mods.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Hmm, I didn’t lose a single time unlocking Leia. There was only one tricky tier, so I followed the video guide, remodded and played accordingly, very smooth.
  • Dexibil
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    I didn't use the xaraeth video, I actually went lower tenacity higher speed and potency. ROLO 260+ speed and 100+% potency. Han also 100+% potency and as high speed as you can manage. ROLO special to start basics all the way (including 3po). Second stage start with 3pO special on Cholo attacking Vader. If you want you can special ROLO attack for first move. Basics on Vader all the way until hes dead then do whatever you want on the stormtroopers. DO NOT CLEANSE WITH HAN UNTIL VADER IS DEAD. Won 3/4. Only reason I lost one is because I used 3pos special just before round 2 and it wasn't refreshed for the start of round 2. Hit those exposes and it's easy peasy (hence the need for high potency). In the 3 wins it wasn't even close I had tons of health and protection left at the end. The tenacity strategy is not as effective so I'm surprised it's still being pushed as much as it is. EDIT: forgot to mention you should also have at least a 6e crit avoidance mod on both. Makes life easier
  • Dexibil wrote: »
    I didn't use the xaraeth video, I actually went lower tenacity higher speed and potency. ROLO 260+ speed and 100+% potency. Han also 100+% potency and as high speed as you can manage. ROLO special to start basics all the way (including 3po). Second stage start with 3pO special on Cholo attacking Vader. If you want you can special ROLO attack for first move. Basics on Vader all the way until hes dead then do whatever you want on the stormtroopers. DO NOT CLEANSE WITH HAN UNTIL VADER IS DEAD. Won 3/4. Only reason I lost one is because I used 3pos special just before round 2 and it wasn't refreshed for the start of round 2. Hit those exposes and it's easy peasy (hence the need for high potency). In the 3 wins it wasn't even close I had tons of health and protection left at the end. The tenacity strategy is not as effective so I'm surprised it's still being pushed as much as it is. EDIT: forgot to mention you should also have at least a 6e crit avoidance mod on both. Makes life easier

    I think people are saying to do it because it got plenty of people easy 3/3 or 3/4. If memory serves Xaereth does mention that potency is important. I think at the end of the day it's as much about strategy as modding - modding can help mitigate some of the RNG, but your sentence in all caps is key - as is using basics to proc expose, and going into wave 2 with cooldowns available. I've played that battle several times since unlock and I consistently win if I don't mis-play. Once or twice vader has gone straight for Han and put the run in jeopardy but it's by far the exception and not the rule - at least in my experience. During the unlock I went 3/3 with Xaereth's strat.

    I think if this event is pushing someone to quit, they must have been close to quitting anyway. It's unfortunate to lose players, but if someone is miserable they're better off moving on. That being said, I do think CG did the community kinda dirty with this one. People don't now and never will respond positively to this kind of frustration after all that grinding - but I guess that's what crowd-sourced strategies and video walkthroughs are for. /shrug
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • There are many ppl trying different comps and succeed at leia T2.
    Like crit avoidance arrow, R7, stack tenalcity on both, ten and pot on leia + full ten han, 2 set ten 1 set hp on han or so.
    Understand their kit and find 1 that suit you.
Sign In or Register to comment.