Have you been working on General Grievous?

Prev1
Murderhole
149 posts Member
edited April 2016
The question is if the way he is obtained never changes btw.

It's been a while since he has came out I'm wondering how many people actually tried to get him despite the prohibitive cost.

Have you been working on General Grievous? 258 votes

Yes - hardcore
7%
bleeaauuhJangoNaecabonGruby03512QuicksilverGraffix460Drew_Fornierbanzairx7HK_47Eripsoe1994VikingSithLgeorgeMrek0BlasphemyPurusGolazoDeHouserNikeNikoGilcharchouletta 19 votes
Yes - casually
14%
Fantazyjeremyj26DidimosHurricanedano7591SekuBoyokyCrosisbenacrowJediwannabeMrKAhsokaGuanoMunsef_AbaidDiraanFherBalaxxevangohSaintEatersJSithwalkerUNivek 38 votes
No - but plan to
18%
AdamWRogan_Ban84CaptSeaWalkerCorndog131unit900000CastaspellaWill_CocishugeCyclopsOniRenkaiJuan123AegisSaigeLeaner619BangaRangRobertThyskJaquizz1616DJC_ChrisizxVolkswaggerDarthSwole 49 votes
No - never plan to
58%
MackemSLAMJJHPokebreakerMsor1980J7000HitNSmashCrymsonkyngShadowHoundstupidfatfoolGarthHelmetStarSonZolioHBOMBCOKFISTAggropoxCartoniDarthNicoDraco01LordStylinggarcia_george99FAED_Emperor 152 votes

Replies

• Options
    No - but plan to
    I'm going for Vader first, and have about 6.3k currency banked (enough for 42 Vader shards), and will stick with Vader until I have enough currency to 7-star him, then go for GG.
  • Options
    I got him two weeks ago. It's going quicker the more 7* heroes I get. Right now I'm getting about 20 shards a week. It's going quicker than I thought. I'm really happy with him now and I'm hoping he's even better with the update this week.
  • Options
    No - never plan to
    Way too many resources. Like so many people have said. Shard shop is just a way to farm vader. GG is all graphics. I have one as an ally for dark side battles. Fun, but not a heavy hitter.
  • Options
    GG should be a late game character to farm. Once you have several 7* characters is when you go after him. People rush and are disappointed when they do get him thinking his price means he'll be OP. While I want to have him someday for fanboy reasons I think it'll never happen lol
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Yes - casually
    Yea I'm just putting arena and GW shipments into him, already got who I wanted from there. if anybody is a star in the new meta, I can be flexible.
  • Options
    No, after that grind to get him to 7* that took almost a week I just don't see the point. :)
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Yes

Because the shop has been filled with nothing but easily farmed garbage for weeks
  • Options
    No - never plan to
    No, after that grind to get him to 7* that took almost a week I just don't see the point. :)

Showoff :p
  • ElToro
    149 posts Member
    Options
    No - never plan to
    For a ftp this is mission impossible
  • Options
    No - never plan to
    I'm pretending he doesn't exist
  • Options
    Yes - hardcore
    I'm a FTP player and have nearly got him. Soon as you hit 7* characters in GW, SA and Cantina shipments it goes really quickly to get them shards.
  • Options
    No - never plan to
    Yeah I calculated that I could get him in 18 days f2p with all my resources from GW and arena. With cantina and farming DS/LS battles you can make it less than that.
    But right now there are too many characters much more important.
  • Astris
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Maaaybe one day, after 7*ing every arena/GW character I even vaguely want. And even then, I can't see bothering with getting GG shards past unlocking. He'd be fun to play around with, but currently very low priority.
  • Options
    Yes - hardcore
    Unlocked him at 4* a couple weeks ago, slowly working towards 5*. I intend to speed up the farm once I get certain key characters to 7*. Priorities might change with the new update, but if the update makes GG more viable then I'll quicken my pace. FTP so it can be a slog, and his gear requirements are monstrous, but I've gotten this far. :)
  • Options
    No - but plan to
    somehow I wish I had it.
    But he's on the bottom of the list.
    i'll get it in a year... or two
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    No - never plan to
    Just faced him in a droid team (I run one too) was pretty weak and for the amount of resources it takes for FTP it's just not viable. Would go for maxing Vader first in shard shop over him any day.
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    No - but plan to
    Someday...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    No - never plan to
    morcsea wrote: »
    Someday...

Yeah, I guess this is true for me too. I realize he is just a trophy and eye candy...but such a good trophy.... <3
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yes - casually
    What are people talking about farming Vader? He's not in the Shard Shop. What am I missing?
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    Options
    No - but plan to
    Working on my all droid team now and would love him. I'm going to start using gw tokens soon since my ig86 and poggle are almost 7*. Just not sure who will make the final team of 5. Poggle might get the boot. Magnaguard, ig86, ig88, grievous and hk47 sound like a fun team.
  • Options
    No - never plan to
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Yes

Because the shop has been filled with nothing but easily farmed garbage for weeks

going off topic a bit. I have only seen vader in shard shop 2, possibly 3 times since **** launched. Is anyone seeing him on a regular basis? What about chromium only characters? i tend to see ig88, JC, ewoks, and other characters, but never see old ben, QGJ, maul, Kit, kylo, ect.
  • Options
    I have him at 7* gear 7 and Mat 6. He's almost useless. You have to run him as lead in a droid team. He gains 8% health for every living droid team member. He has no health and is SLOW. In Arena he never even gets an attack. The only virtue is that he protects your other droids against crits.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    No - but plan to
    I wanted, but constantly used shards for other toons. He simply ridiculusly expensive...
  • Options
    Yes - hardcore
    Mine is at 70/100 right now.
  • Options
    Vahldin wrote: »
    What are people talking about farming Vader? He's not in the Shard Shop. What am I missing?

Vader shards pop up in the shard shop from time to time and that's all I will buy from there until I have him 7* also
  • archouletta
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes - hardcore
    it really stupid.. i've been working on gg since he came out and i only have 5500 shards and it will on get me 30 when i reach 6400 are something like that crazy stupid
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Options
    No - never plan to
    IT REALLY STUPID.. I'VE BEEN WORKING ON GG SINCE HE CAME OUT AND I ONLY HAVE 5500 SHARDS AND IT WILL ON GET ME 30 WHEN I REACH 6400 ARE SOMETHING LIKE THAT CRAZY STUPID

Wow man, at least your almost half way there.
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes - casually

Yeah, he's less of a let down than most say, but by no means top tier. I'd say he's an average to slightly below average toon. I have him maxed lvl, star, and gear (except 1 purple hair dryer) and abilities 76665. I was using him in arena for a while and he did fine, sometimes better than others. The only reason I think he was usable was his sinister laugh ability and the onslaught of Dooku leads. That health down is great. Hopefully after the update he'll at least get the damage to match his speed and health.
  • Options
    No - never plan to
    Well I certainly hope he improves after the balancing update, or just straight update him in general. Vader and GG being two hardest characters to get and IG86 and GS, two of the easiest, can beat them both. For now.
  • Metainventer
    169 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Here's the math to get GG maxed with best arena and best GW awards.

1000+1200=2200
    2200\400=5.5
    5.5= 27.5 shards each day
    6750*11=74250
    74250/15=4950 shards to get GG
    4950/27.5=180 days or less than half a year to get a maxed GG.