Do you like datacrons?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    They are so great, CG should allow to use them in Conquest, Challenges, etc
  • Options
    I hate them, they are a waste and have made this game much worse. If they could be permanent but much weaker I think it would be a little better but all in all they need to be removed!
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    No thank you for permanent DCs. They've already been made weaker.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Datacrons are ok. It's the RNGfest for Leviathan that makes GAC suck
  • Options
    I have to fall into the LIKE datacrons side. Not every set is liked equally…but I enjoy how it shakes things up and breathes some life into some old teams. Of course I really like conquest so I am all up in those datacrons anyway. I can imagine that the conquest haters would have an extra barrier to datacrons.
  • Options
    xnmy1byhz31x.jpg
  • Options
    Is anyone else seriously annoyed with the seemingly arbitrary ordering of the in the inventory, and the complete lack of left/right arrows once you select one? Possibly the worst piece of UI design in the game.

Agree. The DataCron UI is abysmal compared to the rest of the game, and the rest of the game isn't always great. Why ditch next/previous arrows for Datacrons only when they're available in all other aspects of inventory? It makes DC modification and planning much more of a headache than it needs to be.

Agreed as well.

Datacrons & Mods need the "next arrows" added just like the characters/ships have.

• Options
    scuba wrote: »
    There should not be physical/special damage and armor/resistance in data cron boosts or even with the unit stats.
    Should just be offense and defense. No reason to have multiples.
    Agreed on this part.
    It just weakens the set down if it can only affect certain teams/characters more/less by only affecting 1 form of damage.
    It would be a lot better if it was flat Offense/Defense boosts.
    I'm not even sure what the point is for an Accuracy boost on DC, waste of a stat in most cases.

I could see it being reduced down to 2 or 6 total stat boosts. (See below)
    Offense %, Crit Chance %, Crit Damage %
    Defense %, Health %, Protection %

I'd like there to be both LS & DS Factions with each set & an equal # of Sub-Factions as well.
    Which is sometimes not the case.
  • Options
    They are so great, CG should allow to use them in Conquest, Challenges, etc
    Using them in PVE is a lot harder for EA to monetize them.
    That said I totally agree & it would be a LOT easier to test them there w/o risk of **** off half the players as something is OP/Weak/Broken.
    If something is too OP in PVE we are still happy as rewards go up & no harm no foul.
    And then can nerf them later if the rewards are too high.

• Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    (I do 6x conquest refreshes, but haven't bought any crystals since profundity 7* unlock and currently have over 20k in the bank) and have over 30 lvl 9 crons

I really wish I had that kind of focus/time to play this game, lol.

• Options
    scuba wrote: »
    There should not be physical/special damage and armor/resistance in data cron boosts or even with the unit stats.
    Should just be offense and defense. No reason to have multiples.
    Agreed on this part.
    It just weakens the set down if it can only affect certain teams/characters more/less by only affecting 1 form of damage.
    It would be a lot better if it was flat Offense/Defense boosts.
    I'm not even sure what the point is for an Accuracy boost on DC, waste of a stat in most cases.

I could see it being reduced down to 2 or 6 total stat boosts. (See below)
    Offense %, Crit Chance %, Crit Damage %
    Defense %, Health %, Protection %

I'd like there to be both LS & DS Factions with each set & an equal # of Sub-Factions as well.
    Which is sometimes not the case.

Accuracy can be very useful. I like using it to guarantee an otherwise perfect counter isn't undone by a 2% dodge. For example, in 3v3, Bossk/Greef/Mando can get a very quick contract if there is no tank and no one dodges.

Also, some key toons have higher than 2% dodge, and hitting them early may be critical.
  • Options
    I like the intention of them, stopping you just playing against the same squads that do the same things for eternity, but the execution is terrible. Mods do this already in a better, more subtle way. They also shouldn't give bonuses that are just ridiculously over powered. There's no reason for them just disappearing either. Overall a bad thing Imo
  • Options
    Datacrons made your teams less value if you dont have right datacron and oponent has.
  • Options
    Never had one, wil never get one. Am not amused when my opponent use them on def, otherwise I don't care.

Still hanging on in Kyber 2 though B)