I think conquest sucks

Replies

• Options
    I like it u til I get stuck.

I can’t beat the cls sector 3 boss. I can whittle it down to just like but then he just goes ballistic
  • stewman1991
    161 posts Member
    edited February 26
    Options
    I'm not going to push conquest after this. The rewards are not good for the frustration you have to put up with. On top of that the bosses have reached a new level of frustration where even your gls dont help or you cant use them bc of some stupid feat. I will just get box 3 or 4.... I have a 10 mill account and this is easily my most hated game mode bc of the grinding on top of the bosses.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • scuba
    14079 posts Member
    edited February 26
    Options
    I'm not going to push conquest after this. The rewards are not good for the frustration you have to put up with. On top of that the bosses have reached a new level of frustration where even your gls dont help or you cant use them bc of some stupid feat. I will just get box 3 or 4.... I have a 10 mill account and this is easily my most hated game mode bc of the grinding on top of the bosses.

Weird, I have different experience. I don't really like the game mode, but it is easy enough just takes time. After 5 to 7 days though it is just hitting sim button
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Ranzono wrote: »
    How about fixing your game before selling toons?

Not gon happen sorry

Lol, thought i posted that in the Boss Nash kit reveal haha

It wouldn't be relevant there either. They will always release new things and there will always be bugs at the same time.

An unacknowledged broken game mode if far more than just a bug lol
  • Options
    Presaria wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    So is it the grind that people dont like or the 14 day wait? We live in a I want it now society so it seems people are just impatient. It also explains why people want to be able to do the newest thing or get the newest character as soon as it drops. Mobile free games make a killing off people’s impatience or fear or missing out on the newest thing.

For me, it is the fact that the grind isn't fun. I remember SWGalaxies....Raph Koster basically said that rewards had to be based on time spent in game. I killed lots of mobs and did lots of repetitive stuff, but it was fun and I enjoyed it. I know it is totally different genre of game, but my point is the same. Devs can create a grind that is at least somewhat enjoyable.

Nice, I'm here for the SWG reference...still hoping some sort of real open world, home building SW game comes back out!
  • Options
    I enjoy haveling to strategize. creating some random teams and playing with data disk combinations to accomplish certain feats is pretty fun. no where else would i use jml, sabine, mara, stark, on the same team. lol

having to spend energy to change a single disk sucks. you don't get to play around with them as much, which is the fun part, to me. i understand you can get the pass to avoid it, but that eliminates a large part of the enjoyment for ftpers and replaces it with negative frustration. that leads to "conquest sucks" energy.

a larger variety of enemies would be nice.carth old republic, and random combos of bounty hunters or separatists gets old fast. especially with "40 wins" feats.
    surprise me with a traya or ugnauts once in a while.

im a long time player. around 10.8m gp. so i get to use my whole roster and get variety. on one hand i understand how mind bending and tedious it must be for limited rosters. id probably despise conquest if i was a newer player. on the other hand, i appreciate i can red crate every time and lower levels can't. it makes me feel value for the years i put in.

i miss the zealous ambition disks. it should make a comeback. have one or 2 special nodes that offer vintage disks. lol

• scuba
    14079 posts Member
    Options
    S1th_Daddy wrote: »
    I enjoy haveling to strategize. creating some random teams and playing with data disk combinations to accomplish certain feats is pretty fun. no where else would i use jml, sabine, mara, stark, on the same team. lol

having to spend energy to change a single disk sucks. you don't get to play around with them as much, which is the fun part, to me. i understand you can get the pass to avoid it, but that eliminates a large part of the enjoyment for ftpers and replaces it with negative frustration. that leads to "conquest sucks" energy.

a larger variety of enemies would be nice.carth old republic, and random combos of bounty hunters or separatists gets old fast. especially with "40 wins" feats.
    surprise me with a traya or ugnauts once in a while.

im a long time player. around 10.8m gp. so i get to use my whole roster and get variety. on one hand i understand how mind bending and tedious it must be for limited rosters. id probably despise conquest if i was a newer player. on the other hand, i appreciate i can red crate every time and lower levels can't. it makes me feel value for the years i put in.

i miss the zealous ambition disks. it should make a comeback. have one or 2 special nodes that offer vintage disks. lol

Sure coming up with teams (this is done with first run and really not big modifications between all the conquests), but I use the same disks all the time. Rarely change. No new strategy there.
    Definitely don't use whole roster.
  • stewman1991
    161 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Options
    I forgot to mention the crashes that cost you energy bc the game literally cant handle the debuffs/buffs......
    Post edited by stewman1991 on
  • Options
    Conquest is probably my favorite game mode..
  • Options
    Like:
    Interesting modifiers during boss battles.
    Overall rewards are excellent.

Dislike:
    The win 40x feats. Can't we just have extra 20x feats instead?
    Sabine deleting Leia out of existence after taking 20 bonus turns in a row.
  • Options
    The rewards (I felt it could be added more to encourage participation).

The purpose of Conquest and the function of Conquest.

Dislikes
    Some (possible many) of the opponents are too freaking fast. It need to scale down the speed so that it is not frustrating for players to try reach to higher chest to their best of abilities because modding to get high speed and desire effects is a long and tedious path (that it should not be a roadblock to new and mid players).

Steadfast Retribution needs to be removed and replace with something else.

Different Data Disk instead of having the same Data Disk.

Same opponent team structure, it would be nice to have a variety.

Reduce the feats like 40x to 20x or any large amount to a reasonable amount.

Suggestions:
    As we get more conquest characters through Conquest. I would love to see the other characters shards be available at the store (ex. Taron Malicos because he is no longer available at conquest but at shipment) like 40 shards (or 30 shards) for $25.00 (or any desire cost but this is just an suggestion) similar to the proving ground characters. It will only be available for like two days before the conquest end.

Instead of three stars for three tickets, let be a win (regardless of the amount of stars) be just a ticket. Seeing 330 tickets required for a red crates may feel discouraging to players from playing in conquest often because 330 seem a lot (in my opinion) and obtaining three stars is going to get hard as you continue in each sector. I am not suggesting a change the amount of tickets in the feats but in a win.
  • Options
    Boohoo. Dont do it then. Easy option right there.
  • LordDirt
    5061 posts Member
    Options
    Get a strong new character or ship for very few crystals

Dislikes

Got to wait three months to get the character or ship
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    S1th_Daddy wrote: »

Yeah, charging energy to change disks to battle an OP squad is petty as hell. Drop this, and don't replace it w/ a just as petty tax/"feature" somewhere else. The players hate it, and there's no reason for it.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Get a strong new character or ship for very few crystals

Agreed. From it, you get a new character. Downside is that it's not always strong, at least not at first, or not at all. Still, I'd rather take my chances. Maybe others are having a different experience w/ Trench, but I have not found myself being like, "Glad I ground it out for that!" but that's the lottery of it. Most characters I've gotten I've enjoyed or have been super useful. Looking forward to Bane, hope he's not better on paper than in practice.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention the crashes that cost you energy bc the game literally cant handle the debuffs/buffs......

Are you sure it’s the game, or could it be your device?

I very very rarely have game crashes, if ever.
  • Screerider
    1401 posts Member
    Options
    Man I wish it were only for crystals.
  • Options
    Boohoo. Dont do it then. Easy option right there.

Correct me if I am wrong, are you commenting to my post?
  • Options
    Think I said this before but I like it mostly when the various cheese guides and tips mean I can get the red box as its great to get a character that many haven't (certainly this time if Bane and SEE are a combination that beats most GLs as that will surely improve GAC performance for many of us who havent got lots of GLs). If by those guides I dont think I can red box it then its normally relatively easy to get gold and with the pass still get the character in a max of 4 rounds.

Yes, its a grind but mostly that's just for the 1st time we do the 1st of the 3, after that you'll have worked out a system then the second and third runs aren't so bad.

Saying all that what I enjoy currently most about it is that despite CG ramping up the numbers needed to get feats and difficulty each time the community finds ways around this to either make feats do-able in a couple of battles with inventive cheese, or methods to get feats with low starred or geared characters.

Following on from the above would say to anyone struggling with it to check out people like BitDynasty and Scrybe gaming on YouTube as not only will you be surprised what you can get in terms of box level, but also reduce the amount of effort needed should you not be bothered about red boxing it.
  • Options
    10.3m account, 6 GL, 1-3refreshes/day+ small/big season pass

- conquest characters
    - datacron battles simmable
    - Variety of teams
    -love new bosses like Rancor

dislike: all why this feels like a chore rather than a fun challenge

-some data disks don’t count towards some feat Tallies (ie DOT feat)
    - very Small margin of points to get red crate.
    - ^some feats are not doable except if you have new characters which makes margin much small for red crate.
    - stamina restricts attempts to complete “14 wins with a full squad of” or 40 battles with a squad feat
    - Keep running into same data disks or challenge path has lackluster disks
    - feel like a chore and grind rather than fun.

suggestions:

-feats need a total rework. Really need to go back to CAT era conquest feats were many types of rosters can be used. The current feats feel intentional to penalize rosters rather than challenge them.

-allow datacrons to be used in conquest. Seems silly you can get materials for them but can’t use them in the event itself. Maybe they can take up data disk spaces to be used based on datacron rank. Would add another level of strategy for smaller rosters

- reduce squad feats (or remove them entirely) OR lower stamina usage (5% reduction instead of 10%) OR
    increase conquest time longer than 14 days
    Due to conflicting guild/other/life events. You could reduce battles or sector sizes. It’s a lot to do for a short period of time. You did this recently with the raid. Conquest should have some changes as well.

-initial conquest (CAT era) was the most fun I had with the game mode. And I remember the whole community was having a blast with it. It Provided so much more flexibility with roster. Feats were doable with a good challenge rather than now where you are penalized if you lack toons or time. I was always able to finish with a few days left. Need to bring some of that magic back!!

-reduce conquest currency of characters/ships especially ones phased out of reward boxes or increase proving ground rewards.

-toons put on proving ground sooner. Maybe with smaller reward. Still waiting on Fury :(
  • Options
    -initial conquest (CAT era) was the most fun I had with the game mode. And I remember the whole community was having a blast with it. It Provided so much more flexibility with roster. Feats were doable with a good challenge rather than now where you are penalized if you lack toons or time. I was always able to finish with a few days left. Need to bring some of that magic back!!
    Yeah, it was the best, Got worse over time. The last couple got a bit better, but no where near what it used to be, Make Conquest Great Again!
  • Options
    I have 4.7 mil gp, I’m no expert at the game but lately I wish the conquest store would have more options other than beskar armor Moth Gideon and Admiral Trench. Maybe they could increase the rewards for winning battles the conquest currency.

I think conquest is very cool, I would say it would be nice to get all the chests as a cumulative reward at the end of the event, not just the highest chest.

I believe rarer data disks should be easier to find; the limit of data disk capacity should be increased. Maybe we could combine 1,2 Star data disks into 3 or 4 stars?

I might get some hate, it’s cool. I really think we could have things a little easier, battle to battle I’d like to play the game, I get tired of being stun locked or the enemy is 500 speed because they have 50-100% + speed 😢🤪. I’d like more rewards or options for the conquest store.

• Options
    Problem: Discs are random to huge extend

Solution: Discs dont drop to "rarities" but you get more of them (due this "eats more discs") and getting two AA (always gray) select upgrade to (green) or keep 2 gray ones. That way discs arent that random

Problem: Grinding 14 per sector / 40 per conquest is MEH

Solution: Reduce grinding amount (increase fight cost / energy regain if needed to keep in balance)

Problem: discs are everything - after getting right set just spam teams

Solution: Make teams matter more AND disc swap free - it is stupid feature to remove fun of having discs. Or Free disc swap gradually grow. Get that use for pass from something else.

Problem: "use roster" means use GLs and few of each best nonGL counters - can keep energies at 80+ really not testing the "roster"

Solution: So big change that cant say anything
  • Options
    I think conquest could really improve with adding in some actual boss fights at the ends. Similar to what we got with the rancor. But add more of that. I think conquest rewards are good enough but the monotony of fighting multiple nodes over and over is extremely boring. It would be nice ti have some actual variety in the nodes by adding in some puzzle elements or bosses.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    So, any chance that this thread will actually have any impact?
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

It is a possibility but not a guarantee. That why Meathead ask us for our opinion regarding conquest in couple post ago.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    IamBathman wrote: »

It is a possibility but not a guarantee. That why Meathead ask us for our opinion regarding conquest in couple post ago.

I know he did, that's why I ask. I'm not hopelessly naive enough to think that a simple feedback thread that wasn't specifically asked for would even get noticed, let alone change anything. But it will likely end us as usual - Meathead will collect the feedback, forward it to the relevant places, where it will be filed away and forgotten.
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    Options
    just like they ignored us when the krayt raid rewards were terrible, right?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Like they ignored those exact points being raised for the majority of conquest's existence.
  • TVF
    36645 posts Member
    edited March 7
    Options

Like they ignored those exact points being raised for the majority of conquest's existence.

Hooray we both cherry-picked examples.

Of course, the difference is that mine is verified. Yours can't be, because there's a difference between ignoring a legitimate complaint, and just deciding to not do something you want done.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH