I probably shouldn't be, but i can't help it--Super Excited for Balance Notes Today

Prev1
Anyone else really excited that maybe, just maybe, ea/cg will hit the nail on the head and balance this game out?!
I so badly want to see a multitude of different arena teams.
I've lost count of how many Dooku's I've fought these past months.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I want to be optimistic. That the update will make many teams/leaders viable. But the past has shown that the meta will more than likely simply shift...not open up. *shrug*

I hope I'm wrong, but my "excitement" is very tempered. :|
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    #updatehype

If this makes 25% more heroes viable in arena then I'll be psyched.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What is the reason to be excited? There is enough grind already. The last thing I would want is the need to grind yet another characters, if they are to be made OP. I would much rather concentrate on those already at my disposal (working on gears is quite a challenge already). As such, I would of course prefer that relative strength of characters is unchanged
  • Options
    I agree CT, 25% would be awesome. I'd love to be able to use a leader that give defense up to the party and have it be viable.
  • Options
    @Ivan_Drago
    Diversity is the exciting part. Sick of the monotony and copycat teams.
    If you like to eat the same thing for dinner every night, I can understand why this update may not be for you.
    But if you like some flavor, some spice, this is a good thing.
  • Options
    #updatehype

If this makes 25% more heroes viable in arena then I'll be psyched.

This!
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    The whole purpose of this game is to collect heroes. Every piece of the game, every battle, is towards to that end. And having 90% of useless heroes, made the game broken. This balance patch should have been the top priority in the game. I'm happy it finally arrives.
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Ivan_Drago
    Diversity is the exciting part. Sick of the monotony and copycat teams.
    If you like to eat the same thing for dinner every night, I can understand why this update may not be for you.
    But if you like some flavor, some spice, this is a good thing.

This flavour and spice would not do anything but harm for me: I only have a limited number of characters fully upgraded, as upgrades and gearing is a pain in this game. If other characters are made strong, what would it bring me apart from another several-months-long grind projects? Perhaps new grind is fun for you, but not really for me
  • Options
    I hope they make the right changes with this update. I'm not entirely optimistic, but maybe they will surprise us.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I want to be optimistic. That the update will make many teams/leaders viable. But the past has shown that the meta will more than likely simply shift...not open up. *shrug*

I hope I'm wrong, but my "excitement" is very tempered. :|

That is true of any similar game. A meta will always emerge. Balance may make more toons viable, but a few ones will always remain the best choice.

The best situation we could have is a rock paper scissor one, where the best team would have one clear weakness that another team could exploit. But then again, someone would eventually find a character to mitigate that weakness.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I too am excited! I have a good bench and am looking forward to making them useful in arena (and raids in a few weeks). It is an exciting time to play the game!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I too am excited! I have a good bench and am looking forward to making them useful in arena (and raids in a few weeks). It is an exciting time to play the game!
    100+% with this guy. Can't wait!!

• Options
    Over the past week I have stopped doing Squad Arena or GW consistently, and have been paralyzed and unwilling to spend any of my limited credits on promoting toons to 7* or leveling them to my now 72 maximum because I don't want to (for example) pour a ton of resources into Geonosian Soldier or Count Dooku only for them to be completely obsoleted by the "Balance Patch".

A lot is riding on the patch notes and update this week. It will determine if I stick it out or uninstall the game. Given EA's current shrewd and manipulative tactics and inability to balance their game I am not optimistic, but am watching with keen interest.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I hear you Hawk. I actually have 2 heroes sitting at 6* with 100 shards (Ahsoka and RP), but don't want to spend the credits/training droids until I know something about what's coming - and how it might change the effectiveness of either of them, or someone else.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Mol_Eliza_99999
    278 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    We are raising expectations and then complain the update falls short of those expectations.

Re: meta. Any team can beat another team simply because AI is awful on defense. You can have FO or Jedi team and beat Dooku-lead team. So diversity is there. Also, Dooku-lead may be changing as I type. At lvl 74, QGJ gets 168 speed as L. Add Yoda and Ahsoka, and a different team shape starts to take shape. You may still require Rey (if you have pre crafted furnaces!) and RG to complete it.
  • Irics
    98 posts Member
    Options
    Life fact: excitement leads to disappointment 90% of the time

Solution: don't get excited and you won't be disappointed
  • Options
    It should be interesting. I'm hoping they announce the new "Mod Shard Shop" :)
  • Options
    Trying to be optimistic but honestly have no faith that these balance changes will be implemented without breaking most of the character skills and making geo soldier even more annoying.
  • thecuriousocelot
    1030 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    it's gonna be great :)
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    We are raising expectations and then complain the update falls short of those expectations.

Re: meta. Any team can beat another team simply because AI is awful on defense. You can have FO or Jedi team and beat Dooku-lead team. So diversity is there. Also, Dooku-lead may be changing as I type. At lvl 74, QGJ gets 168 speed as L. Add Yoda and Ahsoka, and a different team shape starts to take shape. You may still require Rey (if you have pre crafted furnaces!) and RG to complete it.

People be like :
    D9N2XXc.jpg
  • Options
    One vote of confidence, they were going to release it with lvl 80 cap increase and held off.
    I hope that means that they have been testing it these past few weeks and tweaking it.
    Hopefully, we'll get a well-thought out, tested, update.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Hopefully, we'll get a well-thought out, tested, update.
    You realize your still posting on the EA/CG forums right??
    About Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes??

I sometimes post on the wrong forums too - it's okay. It's like accidentally hitting "Reply All". It's all good. You can just click on the gear thing in the upper right hand corner and hit "Edit" when do that. Or ask a Bentwookie to just delete your thread - he's really helpful like that.

• Options
    If you want to see a bunch of different arena teams, make a limit as to how far you can drop in a day.
  • Options
    @Nikoms565
    LOL, oh junk, you're right. Wrong forum. Silly me.
    Learning from the past is over rated anyway.
  • Options

How many mod tokens for a hat?
  • Options

The same it takes to get General Grievious. :D
  • Options

I hope they come in a size that fits whales.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

More than Bentwookie has...clearly.

• Options

I hope they come in a size that fits whales.

One whale size fits the entire FTP community.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I hope we get enough info to start farming shards again. I have thousands of GW and arena tokens saved until I hear something certain.

If only there wasn't a stupid gap between when we can cash them in. It'll take days and days.