Hero TM upon revive

Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    M9silent wrote: »
    If TM was zero they would never get a chance to act unless they picked up an extremely lucky heal on rez. It's annoying, but it's the only way a rez is useful.

Daka's heal is one of the weakest in the game. The rez IS the ability. It's even called "Chant of Resurrection". The weak heal is a minor side benefit. It also has a ridiculously long cool down for a heal.

Also, because of that, as widgetgadget pointed out in the above quote, unless you have another healer on your team, a Daka rez is useless if they rez with no TM, precisely because Daka has the two tied into one ability - and wouold then have to take two turns to counter your one, making it actually an even stronger negative action.

I disagree. I think the rez/TM system works fine as is. If you change it as you suggest, Daka's second ability becomes worthless.

What about E Elder? He comes with a revive AND a heal w/ revive. He brings someone back, then gets to heal them next go (if they live). Daka could easily be adjusted to revive with MORE health to compensate for the 0% TM, or revive with less health but give the hero 100% TM filled. The fact that her heal is low for the party currently isn't a big deal. Lumi has a heal with a long cooldown, and the heal over time part can now be dispelled.

Sorry - but your argument is not consistent. Lumi's heal is 45% of her health (which is much higher than Daka's health). Lumi, as you noted also allows heal over time for 2 rounds...for a total of 85% of her max health - which again, is higher than Daka's. 85%>30% - especially when the 85% is of a higher health pool. Secondly, you point out that Lumi's HoT can be dispelled. But that takes an action on the part of the opponent. The two are not even close to being comparable.

Having heroes rez with 0% TM and no health (the way Daka's "Chant of Resurrection" ability does now) would make the ability useless. Yes, if you change Daka's ability around, you could make it playable - but that's not what your original point was.

The rez abilities as they exist in the game in it's current state work well. They are balanced and are something to be concerned about. If they were easily overcome, they would be under powered.

Isnt that the point of a debate/discussion? To fine tune an idea? Change someone opinion on the subject? I've already come around to the idea that yes, reviving with no health AND no TM isn't viable. Which is why I have stated in response to others that I can agree. And why I have noted my refined opinion.

If the hero is revived with little to no health, than a 100% TM boost to gauruntee their turn would work. If they get revived with lots of health, it should be as if they lost their turn, like a stun. They died. Differnt abilities can work differently. It's not as if revival has to be the exact same across the board.

It's not as if game mechanics and hero abilities haven't been reworked before. As I said, it's just my opinion. I don't feel like a hero who gets revived should just take their turn as if nothing happened. It seems...off. They died.

So maybe Ewok Elder has a gaurunteed revive. Maybe that is the one that revives a hero with good health and no TM.

And maybe my comparison between Daka and Lumi wasn't the best, but if you waste a turn to dispell (right) you still have to waste turns killing the newly revived hero again (right). Their heals are different and serve different purposes. Still, it may not have been the best example.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rng is the problem don't care about TM but I'd like to see serious changes to most things to lessen RNG effects.

I.E Daka will revive the first hero to fall with 10% HP not 10% chance to keep reviving every hero as AI seem to get it way too much.

GOH needs to catch up with other games and figure out that RNG and winning by luck isn't really fun lol.
  • Options
    I'm wondering if your problem is character specific. Turn meters are where they are when a character dies. Someone like Chewy may be rezed with an almost empty turn meter, and Dooku a full one. The solution is knock out the healers who revive characters first and the problem goes away.

Hmmm...maybe? Revival seems fine as is, sure. I don't really care, just wanted to toss out opinions and ideas. Discuss the concept. Maybe revival should work differently for each hero with revival capabilities. It's not as if I'm raging over this, saying how awful arena is because of it. To be honest, I don't even attack revival heroes first. There are other priorities. If they end up reviving the hero I killed, so be it. I just continue my assault on that hero (honestly).

I guess my issue (is it really an issue?) is with the revive mechanic. I just feel like, if you die, you lose your turn. Like a stun (I have issues with stuns. Ex: a stunned hero dodging or being called on assist, which they are working on).

I feel like being revived with health, buffs/debuffs, and TM/TM boost is just...off.

As I said in previous posts here, maybe the heroes can have different and unique revives. Ewok Elder has a gaurunteed revive. Maybe it revives with lots of health and no TM. Or no health but a full TM bar to make their move.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if your problem is character specific. Turn meters are where they are when a character dies. Someone like Chewy may be rezed with an almost empty turn meter, and Dooku a full one. The solution is knock out the healers who revive characters first and the problem goes away.

Hmmm...maybe? Revival seems fine as is, sure. I don't really care, just wanted to toss out opinions and ideas. Discuss the concept. Maybe revival should work differently for each hero with revival capabilities. It's not as if I'm raging over this, saying how awful arena is because of it. To be honest, I don't even attack revival heroes first. There are other priorities. If they end up reviving the hero I killed, so be it. I just continue my assault on that hero (honestly).

I guess my issue (is it really an issue?) is with the revive mechanic. I just feel like, if you die, you lose your turn. Like a stun (I have issues with stuns. Ex: a stunned hero dodging or being called on assist, which they are working on).

I feel like being revived with health, buffs/debuffs, and TM/TM boost is just...off.

As I said in previous posts here, maybe the heroes can have different and unique revives. Ewok Elder has a gaurunteed revive. Maybe it revives with lots of health and no TM. Or no health but a full TM bar to make their move.
    The idea about "close to full health, but no TM or full TM but no health" would be workable. I think the issue you have with being revived with health + buffs + TM is the line between making "sense" (of some sort) and being "playable".

While I understand your point - you were just dead, now you pop up and are ready to start whacking people with your light saber..and with a bonus now - and how that doesn't make sense, the solution has to be playable. There has to be an in-game (and in-battle) advantage to the ability - and the ability is based on the character, so getting rid of the ability wouldn't be fun.

I certainly understand that rezing with full health and full TM would be unbalanced. In fact, most heroes who die are close to full TM - partly because they've been standing there being attacked and partly because they are seen as a threat and you want to take them out before they attack again. But a balance would be fine (either full TM and 0 health or 0 TM and full health)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I think that either 100% HP and previous TM or 100% TM and low HP would be fine.

But from a gameplay perspecitive, I think that a ressurrected char should be given a chance to act.

There shouldn't be a one-size-fits-all template to make all ressurrection abilities cookie-cutter.

I think that dead characters should have a 'ghost turn meter' for the purpose of cooling down its abilities even if it's dead. The real TM of the character should be the one he ressurrects with by default, unless the ressurrection ability manipulates it.

Ewok ability could bring characters back with 100% TM (gummy bear juice!), or grant the character a one-time % TM buff.

Daka could grant it more HP and regen.

Boba Fett and HK-47 could regen with very high HP and abilities completely cooled down.

There is no 'right answer'. All approaches are good and different characters should employ each possibility.
  • Options
    What about revival causes reset of buffs and debuffs, character starts at the health they normally do (like 30% or whatever for HK), and their TM is reset to 50%.

Or...same with reset buffs/debuffs, but character is revived at the health they were at before the attack that killed them and their TM goes to 0%.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Rng is the problem don't care about TM but I'd like to see serious changes to most things to lessen RNG effects.

I.E Daka will revive the first hero to fall with 10% HP not 10% chance to keep reviving every hero as AI seem to get it way too much.

GOH needs to catch up with other games and figure out that RNG and winning by luck isn't really fun lol.

Thats a weak Daka mine gives them 30% health
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Both HP and TM can be increased by other characters.

A death should at least make you skip your turn.
  • Options

The idea about "close to full health, but no TM or full TM but no health" would be workable. I think the issue you have with being revived with health + buffs + TM is the line between making "sense" (of some sort) and being "playable".

While I understand your point - you were just dead, now you pop up and are ready to start whacking people with your light saber..and with a bonus now - and how that doesn't make sense, the solution has to be playable. There has to be an in-game (and in-battle) advantage to the ability - and the ability is based on the character, so getting rid of the ability wouldn't be fun.

I certainly understand that rezing with full health and full TM would be unbalanced. In fact, most heroes who die are close to full TM - partly because they've been standing there being attacked and partly because they are seen as a threat and you want to take them out before they attack again. But a balance would be fine (either full TM and 0 health or 0 TM and full health)

I agree. The solution, ideas, or reworks ha e to be playable. I don't want any hero destroyed and unplayable. They should all be usable in the right teams, but that's another thread.

And maybe the heroes can be tweaked to be a bit more balanced between themselves. As we discussed about Lumi and Daka heals. Lumi has an amazing heal. Tons of health and a HOT. Fitting cooldown. Daka has a weaker heal with a relatively small revival chance. Same cooldown (90% sure it is at least. I don't use her often). Maybe her heal is made stronger so the revive isn't the sole reason she exists. Maybe her revive is tweaked to be more unique. High health, no/low TM to be around the heroes she just healed (if her heal was increased). Maybe the Ewok Elder can have his revive adjusted. It's gaurunteed. Maybe it's medium health, no TM , but a buff as well, of some sort (offense, defense, life steal, etc) or maybe a debuff (offense down, heal immunity, etc). They did just die after all.

Maybe at the end of the day, my issue isn't with revives. Maybe it's with how bland they are. They are all the same, with different percentage chances. All revive with health, TM/TM boost, and sometimes buffs/debuffs.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »

I can agree with that, to an extent. A stunned hero loses a turn, bit a killed off hero (slaughtered, decapitated, murdered) gets to be brought back as if nothing happened at all. Seems off.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

I can agree with that, to an extent. A stunned hero loses a turn, bit a killed off hero (slaughtered, decapitated, murdered) gets to be brought back as if nothing happened at all. Seems off.

It should be a simple thing to add the stun code string onto a death, making all kill shots stun.
  • Options
    I get what your saying but let's wait and see how Jon Snow acts when he rezed in a couple weeks. Then we will will know if a dead man starts up with a full turn meter.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I get what your saying but let's wait and see how Jon Snow acts when he rezed in a couple weeks. Then we will will know if a dead man starts up with a full turn meter.

You are supposed to give warnings before spoiling things
  • Options
    Spoiling what? it's speculative.
  • Options
    I didn't even understand the reference. Ha
  • Hamnier
    162 posts Member
    Options

There are plenty of ways to un-stun characters. Ewok Elder's heal removes a negative effect on all allies (thus can even heal allies with heal block by removing the heal block). NS Acolyte removes all negative effects on allies when she kills with her special (a bit situational).

The entire game is a balancing act of what characters will work best together against various teams. Each character and ability brings something new to the table, and we as players need to devise strategies on how to not only use them, but combat them. It would be one thing if the abilities really were overpowered, but they aren't.
  • Options
    When I run Ewok Elder I don't worry about heal immunity. But to point on this maybe a quasi state where a rezed character can't attack or be attacked for a round but can have positive and negative effects imposed.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Hamnier wrote: »

There are plenty of ways to un-stun characters. Ewok Elder's heal removes a negative effect on all allies (thus can even heal allies with heal block by removing the heal block). NS Acolyte removes all negative effects on allies when she kills with her special (a bit situational).

The entire game is a balancing act of what characters will work best together against various teams. Each character and ability brings something new to the table, and we as players need to devise strategies on how to not only use them, but combat them. It would be one thing if the abilities really were overpowered, but they aren't.

Even more reason to stun on death, there are counters in place to remove that as well.
  • Options
    Nah, it should give them 100% TM.

I think TM should be reset to 100% because it happens so rarely that having a turn after being resurrected is often not likely. Usually you are dead before you get a chance to attack again.

Especially so with datamined heroes like Jawa Engineer who bring back an ally at 1 hp. You are almost guaranteed to be dead before you can attack again.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Hamnier wrote: »

Right. I agree about the game balance. I want balance, not just 5 super heroes. You named Ewok Elder and NS Acolyte, so I will roll with those. All right, so, stun is a debuff. And those heroes can remove debuffs, both in different and unique ways. Ewok Elder heals while removing debuffs. NS Acolyte removes debuffs on kill. One heals while debuffing, one kills while debuffing.

Now to compare, let's say death is just a debuff. Revive 'removes' that debuff. The skills that do it are semi unique. Daka has a passive revive and a heal with a revive chance. Elder has a gaurunteed revive and a heal with a revive chance. Both heroes ways of acquiring the revive (removing the 'death' debuff) are semi unique, so why can't the revive itself also be unique (the ex. of heal/debuff or kill/debuff. They both achieve the debuff goal, while doing different things, kill/heal).

Now my other point I made in a previous response. The hero got killed. Not just punched so much they fell over and need 10 sec to get back up (boxing) because they still can (after their TM fills). They were killed. Massacred, slaughtered, murdered, mutilated. Dead. That's a bit different than just being stunned, is it not?

My point has evolved in this thread. I don't want revive to work the exact same for every hero. When a hero revives now, they all get health, TM/TM boost, and buff/debuff. The revival itself should be unique as well as the skill reviving. Some should offer more health but no/low TM (they just got brought back and have to survey the battle, recover, figure out what's going on). Some should low/no health but full TM (like a possession of the corpse. Not really alive, just controlling the dead body and immediately acting). Some should offer specific buffs/debuffs (heal immunity for a time. Can't heal a zombie. Or maybe defense up. Gotta protect the fallen). Dooku offers offense up for a Dodge while Old Ben offers TM for a dodge.

Sounds reasonable right? And variety is always good in this game, while keeping balance.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Thats a weak Daka mine gives them 30% health

You get the idea lol
  • Jaydela2370
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I agree with the rationale behind this. But let's say for example my Daka revives my QGJ to help win a match on Arena, than I'll take the edge for an extra turn. This will make a difference for placing in the top 10.
  • Options
    Daka's passive res should bring them back with unaltered TM and 15% health plus buffs. Active resurrection should bring them up with 80% TM and 30% health plus offense up. EE res for 90% TM and 10% health plus stealth and offense down. My 2 cents.
  • Options
    Read the Op, agreed 100%, read the other posts, agreed 100%. Went on reading trying to balance both 100% and here I am, typing my own post. Yup, disagree with the OP but like the direction this thread has taken. Oh, I agree that things are fine as they are.
  • Daddio
    21 posts Member
    Options
    In another similar game I play there is a line of combat characters that can resurrect fallen members of the team. Each does it with a different mix of restored health and speed. At one end, resurrected with high health, but last to act, and at the other, resurrected with low health, but a 200% speed buff. The consensus among players is that the resurrection with the low health/high speed tradeoff is most desirable. But of course, it depends on team composition: if you've got no other healer, but a character that can buff speed, you value the restored health. If you've got no speed buff capability, but a second healer, you value the speed.

The best alternative would be to have alternatives: a mix of characters with resurrection capacities that have different quality tradeoffs, so you have the opportunity to build team synergy around those different capabilities.

I don't care for debates about realism. Sound game mechanics first, then backfill your rationales about realism.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    It's not even an issue. Why so many people are upset about an event that triggers 10% of the time is beyond me. Daka isn't breaking this game and the meta is changing very soon, and you'll soon have a myriad of other things to complain about.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    It's not even an issue. Why so many people are upset about an event that triggers 10% of the time is beyond me. Daka isn't breaking this game and the meta is changing very soon, and you'll soon have a myriad of other things to complain about.

@J7000 Learn to read. It wasn't a complaint, and Daka is balanced. Continue reading and find out what the ideas actually are. No one cares she revives 10% of the time. This isn't an RNG complaint thread.
  • Options
    Daddio wrote: »
    In another similar game I play there is a line of combat characters that can resurrect fallen members of the team. Each does it with a different mix of restored health and speed. At one end, resurrected with high health, but last to act, and at the other, resurrected with low health, but a 200% speed buff. The consensus among players is that the resurrection with the low health/high speed tradeoff is most desirable. But of course, it depends on team composition: if you've got no other healer, but a character that can buff speed, you value the restored health. If you've got no speed buff capability, but a second healer, you value the speed.

The best alternative would be to have alternatives: a mix of characters with resurrection capacities that have different quality tradeoffs, so you have the opportunity to build team synergy around those different capabilities.

I don't care for debates about realism. Sound game mechanics first, then backfill your rationales about realism.

@Daddio That sounds like a nice balance with some variety, which is what I would like here. I like that implementation.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »

Daka isn't the only revival. HK will revive every match just about. Boba can revive multiple times. Ewok Elder can revive multiple allies with both abilities. This goes further than Old Prune.
  • Options
    Read the Op, agreed 100%, read the other posts, agreed 100%. Went on reading trying to balance both 100% and here I am, typing my own post. Yup, disagree with the OP but like the direction this thread has taken. Oh, I agree that things are fine as they are.

So what are your thoughts now then, after reading? Any ideas or opinions?