Yoda
Obi One
Ashoka

Replies

• TheMadTwadder
    483 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have the same except Mace instead of Ahsoka. They all have their bonuses and I think Mace and Obi will see great buffs when protection and other updates are soon released.

I'm still figuring who I'll eventually replace with Ima Gun Di.
  • Hbk146
    215 posts Member
    Options
    Gundi
    Ayyla
    Fisto
    Offee
    Ahsoka

Extreme counter <3
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    What is your criteria to define "best"?

Fastest? QGJ, Ahsoka, Anakin, Yoda, Eeth
    Strongest? Mace, Anakin, Luminara, Yoda, Ahsoka
    Toughest? Old Ben, Plo, Mace, Kit, Ima-Gun
    Best synergy? Ima-Gun, Aayla, Kit, Yoda, QGJ
  • Options
    Best i mind team for arena.
    I know after next update they would be useless.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Gruby03512 wrote: »

Nobody actually knows anything after update.

I think Jedi are well positioned for update because none of their damage/speed ratios are imbalanced. OHKO teams are what makes them sub-optimal currently, and this is set to change.

I make top 50 regularly with:
    QGJ(L)
    Yoda
    Ahsoka
    Eeth
    Luminara

I am farming Anakin to replace Eeth.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    What is your criteria to define "best"?

Fastest? QGJ, Ahsoka, Anakin, Yoda, Eeth
    Strongest? Mace, Anakin, Luminara, Yoda, Ahsoka
    Toughest? Old Ben, Plo, Mace, Kit, Ima-Gun
    Best synergy? Ima-Gun, Aayla, Kit, Yoda, QGJ

+1
  • Options
    Good idea about anakin. I have 87 his shard's but not activatet jet...
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Try making both an offensive and defensive team.

The one you leave overnight is going to be heavily attacked... People like fighting something different. I leave Luminara in charge, but am toying with leaving Ahsoka or Yoda. 60%+ permanent Tenacity on everyone seems good when combined with 25% TM gain on resist. Ahsoka's Dodge gains TM as well, and seems stronger than Lumi's, but I have no evidence it is workng as well as Dooku's.
  • Options
    My is
    Qgj
    Lumi
    Yoda
    Obi One
    Ashoka

Right now in Arena best F2P Jedi Team is QGJ, Yoda, Ahsoka, Lum, Eeth. I take rank#1 with this team, however things are changing greatly in a couple days so no one really knows what Jedi combo will be the best
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options

I think Jedi are well positioned for update because none of their damage/speed ratios are imbalanced. OHKO teams are what makes them sub-optimal currently, and this is set to change.

QGJ(L)
    Yoda
    Ahsoka
    Eeth
    Luminara

+1 I took Rank #1 with this squad the other day, has to spend two refreshed tho because it's so bad on D I drop back to over 50 every day lol
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

QGJ(L)
    Yoda
    Ahsoka
    Eeth
    Luminara

+1 I took Rank #1 with this squad the other day, has to spend two refreshed tho because it's so bad on D I drop back to over 50 every day lol

Yeah, cookie cutter teams make the sequencing pretty easy, but makes you stick out like a sore thumb. I suggest 2 refreshes, but on Battle 10, drop in cookie cutter defense.
  • Options
    Best ARENA Team

Bariss (lead)
    Yoda
    Qui Gon
    Lumi
    Anakin

Rationale: Bariss leader ability (to increase max health by 20%, give 6% of her substantial max health per turn) makes everyone WAY less squishy. Her heal is a good counter to immunity and she randomly removes negative statuses as well as having a decent occasional heal on basic attack. Very strong defensively.

Qui Gon and Yoda are the ones who help against specific characters. QGJ can get rid of taunt, and offense up, as well as be a major damage dealer. Yoda's tenacity up can help HUGELY against Dooku, boba, sidious, old Ben, and anyone who throws status effects. He's also fast and can reduce the turn meter of a dangerous opponent in the first turn. His damage is also pretty good.

Lumi has an incredible heal, which has a heal over time which, when added to Bariss' passive heal will bring your heal per turn up to 3000 or 4000 per turn (1,200 Bariss and 20% of max health for two turns from Lumi). Her other special also does crazy damage and can ability block a for with a hard hitting special.

Anakin makes the team because he does the most damage of remaining Jedi. And, since he will never be the first to get killed, he'll get a few bonus attacks in too.

Go ahead. Argue with me.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Pacdiggity wrote: »
    Best ARENA Team

Bariss (lead)
    Yoda
    Qui Gon
    Lumi
    Anakin

Go ahead. Argue with me.

Ok, but can we frame it as a debate?

1. Barriss makes you a target. EVERYONE will attack you, try it.
    2. Barriss hits like a gentle breeze. She gets called for every Assist, try it.
    3. Too slow. Yoda's BM is too late, QGJ is stunned or dead before he moves.
    4. Anakin is priority target in that lineup, decreasing his Unique usefulness.
    5. HoT in Arena is less useful if combat lasts 2-3 rounds.

Replace Barriss with Ahsoka and make QGJ lead so you can make the first 4 out of 5 actions.
  • Options
    Best ARENA Team

Bariss (lead)
    Yoda
    Qui Gon
    Lumi
    Anakin

Rationale: Bariss leader ability (to increase max health by 20%, give 6% of her substantial max health per turn) makes everyone WAY less squishy. Her heal is a good counter to immunity and she randomly removes negative statuses as well as having a decent occasional heal on basic attack. Very strong defensively.

Qui Gon and Yoda are the ones who help against specific characters. QGJ can get rid of taunt, and offense up, as well as be a major damage dealer. Yoda's tenacity up can help HUGELY against Dooku, boba, sidious, old Ben, and anyone who throws status effects. He's also fast and can reduce the turn meter of a dangerous opponent in the first turn. His damage is also pretty good.

Lumi has an incredible heal, which has a heal over time which, when added to Bariss' passive heal will bring your heal per turn up to 3000 or 4000 per turn (1,200 Bariss and 20% of max health for two turns from Lumi). Her other special also does crazy damage and can ability block a for with a hard hitting special.

Anakin makes the team because he does the most damage of remaining Jedi. And, since he will never be the first to get killed, he'll get a few bonus attacks in too.

Go ahead. Argue with me.

Anakin has little synergy with Bariss lead. Much better running QGJ lead and bouncing Bariss for Ahsoka.
  • Options
    Being a Jedi team you have to match this team up against Dooku to see how it does. And as much as it sucks to say, QGJ lead with Yoda are a must for Jedi's to beat him somewhat consistently right now.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Best ARENA Team

Bariss (lead)
    Yoda
    Qui Gon
    Lumi
    Anakin

Go ahead. Argue with me.

Ok, but can we frame it as a debate?

1. Barriss makes you a target. EVERYONE will attack you, try it.
    2. Barriss hits like a gentle breeze. She gets called for every Assist, try it.
    3. Too slow. Yoda's BM is too late, QGJ is stunned or dead before he moves.
    4. Anakin is priority target in that lineup, decreasing his Unique usefulness.
    5. HoT in Arena is less useful if combat lasts 2-3 rounds.

Replace Barriss with Ahsoka and make QGJ lead so you can make the first 4 out of 5 actions.

Agreed if I saw this team I'd fight it and win every day of the week even without a speed based team (Phasma L, Poggle, Kylo, Poe, QGJ)
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    Being a Jedi team you have to match this team up against Dooku to see how it does. And as much as it sucks to say, QGJ lead with Yoda are a must for Jedi's to beat him somewhat consistently right now.
    Yeah...

You have to assume the opposing team is Dooku lead with some combo of RG, Daka, Lumi, Sid, Poggle, and the hit club of Rey, IG-86, GS, RP, and FOTP.

If you let Sid, Dooku and a hitter act first, you WILL lose.
  • Options
    Best ARENA Team

Bariss (lead)
    Yoda
    Qui Gon
    Lumi
    Anakin

Go ahead. Argue with me.

Has no synergy with Anakin. Anakin thrives with glass cannons and tanks around him; you have to kill one of them first and then Anakin gets 100%tm and 50% damage. This doesn't work if everybody has 20% extra health.
  • Options
    Personally I'd go for

QGJ
    Yoda
    Aayla
    Mace / Anakin
    Luminara
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Just went through GW with this squad, only had to heal twice. Barriss (L) Ahsoka QGJ lumi Yoda. Best arena team can't have many Jedi thanks to the count. QGJ (L) yoda GS Rey and RG. Any more Jedi (even Ahsoka and Ani) just don't provide enough firepower to truly combat Dooku
  • Options
    Mazurka wrote: »
    Just went through GW with this squad, only had to heal twice. Barriss (L) Ahsoka QGJ lumi Yoda. Best arena team can't have many Jedi thanks to the count. QGJ (L) yoda GS Rey and RG. Any more Jedi (even Ahsoka and Ani) just don't provide enough firepower to truly combat Dooku

I don't know I cruise top 50 in one of the older servers with QGJ, yoda, mace and luminara in my arena team
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

The problem isnt Dooku or Sid, the tools exist for them, it is RG not letting me finish anyone, allowing that hitter to connect, or that heal to land. Any team with RG demands he be dealt with first, meaning I lose a guy dealing with him.

IMO people like Rey and FOTP should be able to be one-shot by anyone save Barriss.
  • Options
    @benacrow @Tuftedpaper85 Anakin is the one part of the team I won't argue about. I actually run the team with Genosian Soldier in that spot. That team needs the damage. That aside, I almost ALWAYS fight a Dooku lead and unless he stuns yoda, I always win. I mostly win when he does stun yoda. With the extra health the team can take a few hits. I usually deal with Dooku last. Also, nobody is one-shottable because of the extra HP and Bariss can basically completely heal someone who is low HP. Droid teams are tougher than Dooku lead teams, honestly, because there are many heavy hitters and if qui Gon fails to remove Poe's taunt, I'm screwed. Yes, Bariss hits like a wet noodle, but you underestimate her defensively.

I end up too 5 everyday and usually fall to about 40-50 each night. I'm not sure if that means everyone attacks me.
  • Options

The problem isnt Dooku or Sid, the tools exist for them, it is RG not letting me finish anyone, allowing that hitter to connect, or that heal to land. Any team with RG demands he be dealt with first, meaning I lose a guy dealing with him.

IMO people like Rey and FOTP should be able to be one-shot by anyone save Barriss.

But... you aren't running QGJ or what? He should take one down before RG kicks in.
    @benacrow @Tuftedpaper85 Anakin is the one part of the team I won't argue about. I actually run the team with Genosian Soldier in that spot. That team needs the damage. That aside, I almost ALWAYS fight a Dooku lead and unless he stuns yoda, I always win. I mostly win when he does stun yoda. With the extra health the team can take a few hits. I usually deal with Dooku last. Also, nobody is one-shottable because of the extra HP and Bariss can basically completely heal someone who is low HP. Droid teams are tougher than Dooku lead teams, honestly, because there are many heavy hitters and if qui Gon fails to remove Poe's taunt, I'm screwed. Yes, Bariss hits like a wet noodle, but you underestimate her defensively.

I end up too 5 everyday and usually fall to about 40-50 each night. I'm not sure if that means everyone attacks me.

Yes. No matter what I'm running, I WILL attack anything that has Barriss or WookieCarpet in it, just to punish people who play the defense game.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options

My guess is that you would get attacked frequently because most of the speed teams will get 4-5 turns before you get your 2nd. And with my team I mentioned, all I need is the TM reduction from Poe combined with the TM raise immediately afterward with Phasma and everyone on my team now gets a turn with advantage and O up to do with what I please.

But in all honesty, most pc teams can beat almost any AI teams nowadays, so many teams are viable currently.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Also, one nice synergy with QGJ/GS/Yoda is that yoda is often called up to bat with their assists, giving him foresight. In probably 2 out of 3 battles I grant foresight to the whole team.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

But... you aren't running QGJ or what? He should take one down before RG kicks in.

Yes. No matter what I'm running, I WILL attack anything that has Barriss or WookieCarpet in it, just to punish people who play the defense game.

Either the Dooku lead provides at least one lifesaving dodge, or the RG buys enough time for a lifesaving heal. If I use Ahsoka's Special, I can kill one pre-taunt, but that usually bites me next turn when I need the heal. Mostly I hate wasting the heal, but good point, I can adjust my opening.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I know at least one person in the forums that runs a top-10 Ima Gun Di team, so that line-up is definitely possible. I've found that I cannot run 100% Jedi and maintain top-10 to top-20 overnight and get back into top-5, and even for some of the Dooku teams it's a little rough if the RNG is bad. I run, QGJ (L), Yoda, Anakin, Lumi, and RG.

QGJ's benefit is obvious, speed plus a little burst plus debuff. Anakin is actually pretty good, you just need have maxed or very near maxed to be good. He's as fast as QGJ, his debuff is very good at times and has a healing block which pays off as well. He's turned around many matches for me when somebody gets killed and / or a clutch Smite. Lumi's block helps at times, her heal is nice to have, and of course she hits pretty hard. I've tried Poe in my setup but I don't have him leveled enough for him to be effective, so RG really fills the spot. His passive taunt helps reroute damage from one of my main 4 and his stun pays off as well. If the Jedi had a taunting tank I would definitely use it, but for right now I have to use a non-Jedi tank on my team. It hurts my heart, but gotta' do what ya' gotta' do to stay on-top.