364 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 12
5i9n48ab6d7c.png

UNIT NAME: Queen Amidala
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Leader, Support, Galactic Republic

Key Attributes:
  • Decoy, with permataunt, gives QA a solid survivability rating
  • HOTs and POTs mechanic benefits your entire team and bolsters Queen Protection

Inspiration:
  • The Phantom Menace wouldn’t be the Phantom Menace without Queen Amidala
  • We had so many outfits to choose from, but settled on the two most iconic ones: her Queen regalia from the beginning of the movie and the clothes she wore while retaking the Royal palace during the Battle for Naboo.
  • The main player version is the Battle for Naboo one, as this gave us the most opportunity for action-based animations, like the Ascension Gun!
  • This allowed us to make the iconic Queen outfit as the Handmaiden Decoy, brought onto the battlefield to draw enemy fire from the real Queen
  • When the Decoy is defeated, the debuff Doubt is instilled on the enemy who took her out

Strategy Tips:
  • Stay behind the Decoy!
  • The Grand Arena Omicron makes it so the Decoy starts on the battlefield

FAQ:

Who is supposed to be on her squad?
Designed to work alongside Queen Amidala are Master Qui-Gon and Padawan Obi-Wan, two units that will be in the game before the end of the third Queen Amidala Conquest

Q/A Form

ABILITIES:

BASIC: S-5 Heavy Blaster Pistol
cijbxh0h3pxw.gif

Final Text:
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Expose them for 2 turns, which can't be evaded if there is an active ally Handmaiden Decoy. All Galactic Republic allies gain 3 stacks of Heal Over Time and Protection Over Time for 2 turns.

If there is an active Handmaiden Decoy ally, Galactic Republic allies recover 5% Health and Protection.

SPECIAL 1: (cooldown-3) - I am Queen Amidala (Omicron)
i8idbmh6ut4s.gif

Final Text:

Dispel all buffs on all enemies and deal Physical damage to them. All allies gain Accuracy Up for 2 turns.

If there is an active ally Handmaiden Decoy, Stagger target enemy for 2 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted, all Galactic Republic allies gain Defense Penetration Up and 3 stacks of Heal Over Time and Protection Over Time, for 2 turns, and this attack can't be evaded.

While in Grand Arenas and there are no Galactic Legend allies: This attack ignores enemy Protection and all allies gain Critical Damage Up and 4 stacks of Heal Over Time and Protection Over time for 2 turns. All enemies are inflicted with a stack of Damage Over Time for each active Galactic Republic ally, Speed Down, and Vulnerable for 2 turns, and have their cooldowns increased by 1, which can't be resisted. If there is an active ally Handmaiden Decoy, these effects can't be evaded.

SPECIAL 2: (cooldown-4) - Ascension Gun
3z37nzhmg7pt.gif

Final Text:

Dispel all debuffs on all allies. Call all other non-Galactic Legend Galactic Republic allies to assist and they and Queen Amidala recover 20% Health and Protection. Remove 50% Turn Meter from target enemy, which can't be resisted.

If all allies are Galactic Republic and there are no Galactic Legend or Scoundrel allies, summon an ally Handmaiden Decoy to battle if the ally slot is available.

If an ally Handmaiden Decoy was already present, all Galactic Republic allies gain Defense Up, Speed Up, Tenacity Up for 2 turns, and Galactic Republic non-Tank allies Stealth for 2 turns.

UNIQUE 1: Loyal Bodyguard: (Zeta+ Omicron)

Final Text:
Queen Amidala has +20% Max Health and Max Protection, +10% Critical Chance and Critical Damage, and all allies are immune to Cooldown Manipulation.

Whenever Handmaiden Decoy is summoned, she Taunts until she is defeated, which can't be dispelled or prevented. She is immune to all other buffs and debuffs and she doesn't take turns. Whenever she is defeated by an enemy, the enemy who defeated her is inflicted with Doubt for 2 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted, and Queen Amidala gains a bonus turn and Damage Immunity for 2 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented.

While Handmaiden Decoy is active:

- Whenever Heal Over Time or Protection Over Time expire on a Galactic Republic ally, they recover 5% Health and Protection
- Whenever Heal Over Time or Protection Over Time expire on Queen Amidala, she gains a stack of Queen's Protection (max 10),which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented until the end of battle. For each stack of Queen's Protection Queen Amidala has, all other Galactic Republic allies gain double those stats. The Handmaiden Decoy is immune to these effects and they persist when the Decoy is defeated, but are dispelled when Queen Amidala is defeated.

Queen's Protection:
+3% Max Health and Max Protection, +5% Potency and Tenacity, and +5 Speed (per stack)

While in Grand Arenas and if there are no Galactic Legend or Scoundrel allies and all allies are Galactic Republic: All allies gain 25% Critical Damage, 40% Mastery, and are immune to Fear and Healing Immunity.

Whenever an ally is inflicted with a stack Damage Over Time, they dispel it and all allies gain a stack of Healing Over Time and Protection Over Time for 2 turns.

At the start of each encounter, summon an ally Handmaiden Decoy. Whenever an ally Decoy is critically hit, all enemies are inflicted with Potency Down and Tenacity Down for 2 turns, which can't be evaded.

UNIQUE 2: Handmaiden Decoy
Light Side, Tank, Galactic Republic

[Basic]: Bodyguard

Galactic Republic allies recover 10% Health and Protection. Grant Advantage for 1 turn to a random enemy who doesn't already have it, which can't be evaded or resisted.

LEADER: My Place is With My People: (Zeta+Omicron)

Final Text:

All Allies have +20% Defense and +15% Max Health and Max Protection.

At the start of battle, if all allies are Galactic Republic and there are no Galactic Legend allies: Whenever an enemy attacks out of turn, they are inflicted with Damage Over Time for 1 turn, which can't be evaded or resisted, and remove 10% Turn Meter from all enemies, which can't be resisted.

At the start of each ally's turn, they gain 3% Critical Damage (stacking) for each stack of Heal Over Time they have and +3% Offense (stacking) for each stack of Protection Over Time they have, until the end of their turn.

Whenever an enemy critically hits an ally, that enemy has -5% Critical Damage, Defense, and Offense (stacking, max -50%), until the end of the encounter, which can't be resisted.

While in Grand Arenas and if there are no Galactic Legend allies and all allies are Galactic Republic:

Whenever an ally uses a Special ability, they gain bonuses based on their role:

- Attackers: Gain Offense Up for 2 turns and call another random ally to assist, dealing 20% more damage
- Tanks: Recover 25% Health and Protection
- Supports + Healers: Gain Protection Up (50%, stacking) and Speed Up for 3 turns
Post edited by CG_Tusken_Meathead on

Replies

• AzazelUnleashed
    5 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Options
    Astounding she's the conquest character - I get that more important characters from TPM (i.e. Qui-Gon, Darth Maul) are already in-game (and this mentions a new Qui-Gon), but it's hard to imagine Queen Amidala as the powerful/decisive one on the team, when she wasn't in the movie.

Why is a new Qui-Gon being added, instead of looking to rework the Qui-Gon in-game already? What's the functional difference?
  • Options
    Astounding she's the conquest character - I get that more important characters from TPM (i.e. Qui-Gon, Darth Maul) are already in-game (and this mentions a new Qui-Gon), but it's hard to imagine Queen Amidala as the powerful/decisive one on the team, when she wasn't in the movie.

Why is a new Qui-Gon being added, instead of looking to rework the Qui-Gon in-game already? What's the functional difference?

Qui-gon needing a rework doesn't seem right...and the new one we are getting is Master Qui-gon, who would seem to be for a Galactic republic team unlike the Qui-gon we have right now, who is for a jedi team.
  • Gold4
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Another Conquest character, another 3 omicrons added. So stupid and unnecessary.
  • Options
    This looks fun! And thouroughly JMK-proofed.
  • Options

Ummm I think you need to go watch TPM again Queen Amidala was definitely in the movie…unless I misunderstood what you are trying to say.
  • Options
    How was she not in the movie?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

You’ll have to wait for the kit reveal to find out the functional difference
  • Options
    "Whenever an enemy critically hits an ally, that enemy has -5% Critical Damage, Defense, and Offense (stacking, max -50%), until the end of the encounter, which can't be resisted"
    Jedi Cal Dual Wield Stance but even stronger. That part is absolutely broken
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

Qui-gon needing a rework doesn't seem right...and the new one we are getting is Master Qui-gon, who would seem to be for a Galactic republic team unlike the Qui-gon we have right now, who is for a jedi team.

Yeah i think a new Qui-Gon is needed to have synergy with Padawan Obi-Wan and reworking an existing one would just mean breaking the current character and reworking every ability and stats and whatnot from the ground up

Makes no sense
  • Options

theyre making a new quigon
  • Options
    Luminaras new home?
  • Options
    I assume the new Qui-Gon will just be Qui-Gon with the Jedi robes on. Also, if Queen Amidala doesn’t get a curated full team of five by the time she comes out, someone should totally throw Coruscant Underworld Police on the team for the heck of it.
  • Options
    At this point, I am hoping for a Darth Maul rework. Since TPM is getting so much attention, this will be a perfect opportunity to buff him.
  • Options

Ummm I think you need to go watch TPM again Queen Amidala was definitely in the movie…unless I misunderstood what you are trying to say.

I'm suggesting that, Qui-Gon was the leader of the group - making travel decisions, feeling the force guide him to Anakin and to bring Anakin along, leaving Anakin in place to strike the decisive blow against the command ship.

Tough to see Amidala as faction 'leader' with Qui-Gon doing everything impactful from a leadership perspective.

Sending aliens to their death is not 'leadership' in my eyes, btw, in regards to 'planning' the battle of Naboo lol
  • Options
    Just want to take this time to say that the Naboo N-1 Starfighter needs to make an appearance in this game! That yellow ship is beautiful & iconic, can just make it pilot-less if worried about who the pilots would be (or maybe bring in young ani, why not we have omega in game now)...can give it Endurance heavy synergy since the Marauder which was intended for Endurance is now with the Negotiator in most case. 9lvgzhrmuv99.jpeg
  • Options
    to make you spend on a new toon duh
  • Options

She wasn't powerful and decisive? You and I must have watched very different movies. Everyone (Qui-Gon, Panaka) advised Padmé against returning to Naboo since she didn't have the forces to fight off the Trade Federation invasion. But she insisted on going back and defending her planet. Allying herself with the Gungans was her idea and she negotiated the alliance herself.

Next she devised the battle plan of having the Gungan forces draw the droid army away from the cities so she could infiltrate and retake Theed and send her fleet against the droid control ship. She personally led the assault on the palace and was literally the first to charge into battle, shooting droids left and right. After Maul showed up and kept Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan occupied, it fell to Padmé to clear out the remaining droid forces without Jedi help. She did all this at the tender age of 14 btw. A natural born leader if there ever was one.
  • Options
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    Luminaras new home?

There is Protection Up on the Lead Omicron. But without that, it seems like a good spot.
  • Options
    Uh, CG did test this with Shaak Ti right? 60% dodge in GAC without datacrons seems kinda busted.
  • Options
    The_Exilio wrote: »
    Just want to take this time to say that the Naboo N-1 Starfighter needs to make an appearance in this game! That yellow ship is beautiful & iconic, can just make it pilot-less if worried about who the pilots would be (or maybe bring in young ani, why not we have omega in game now)...can give it Endurance heavy synergy since the Marauder which was intended for Endurance is now with the Negotiator in most case. 9lvgzhrmuv99.jpeg

Yes, that would be awesome! Lets bring in Young Ani to have synergy with the Queen, and he can pilot the ship. Why not? The more Skywalkers the better I say.
  • Options

Sorry, do you even know what film this is based on and what the entire story is about? Queen Amidala is a fundamental part in this movie and by far one of the greatest played.

Conquest units are good, it gives you something higher up to aim for in some respects better than farming high relic requirements.

• Options
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    Luminaras new home?

I dunno, maybe? Queen Amidala does prevent cooldown manipulation on her team though, so Luminara wouldn’t be able to decrease her cooldown on her healing ability whenever one of the heal over times Luminara applies from it expire, right?
  • Options
    YAY more duplicate toons
  • Options
    v0bmkvat030o.png
  • LordDirt
    5010 posts Member
    Options
    Decicrim wrote: »
    YAY more duplicate toons

At least they are important ones.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    I do agree a new QGJ is weird, im not opposed to it at all, just its weird since he didnt have much screen time or variety to make a different character imo. The kit should be interesting and im looking foward to it. (I know he was in 90% of the movie so there is a lot of screen time technically, but he didnt change much overall in the movie to where i could see i different kit)

Padawan obi-wan make sense and i did expect it, and cool enough this is the first alt version of a character released AFTER they had a GL version.

Otherwise so far queen amadala looks fun.
  • Options

Sorry, do you even know what film this is based on and what the entire story is about? Queen Amidala is a fundamental part in this movie and by far one of the greatest played.

Conquest units are good, it gives you something higher up to aim for in some respects better than farming high relic requirements.

I'm not disputing that Queen Amidala should exist in-game, by any means. She should, and I'd be glad to have her; even better leading a squad of Human Naboo.

I'm disputing she's at a power level significant enough to be a team-leading Conquest toon, when more important parts of the story were played out by Qui-Gon, who, for instance, followed the will of the force and set the Chosen One to be in the right place to blow up the Command ship and save them all.

But this is not the first example of an inappropriate toon leading an inappropriate squad from lore perspective (even just in the last 18 months we've gotten 3S replacing GI for almost all Inquisitorius squad situations, despite this being the opposite of her in the Kenobi show), so that might just be a more general CG design problem.
  • Options
    I’m honestly excited for another Qui Gon and Obi Wan. Such great characters in the movies, hopefully with robes on. Now can we please get CAPTAIN PANAKA
  • Options
    PLEASE RELEASE A NEW DARTH MAUL OR GIVE HIM A REWORK!!
  • Options
    I do agree a new QGJ is weird, im not opposed to it at all, just its weird since he didnt have much screen time or variety to make a different character imo.

Agree. Different versions of Kenobi make sense. We saw him as Padawan, as Master, as General -- playing different roles and emphasizing different tactics or skills.

QGJ was only in one movie, didn't change or develop significantly over the course of the plot, and may not have even worn different outfits, though don't quote me on that.

I'm not resolutely opposed or anything. I just don't see the need. I mean, there's a lot of GR Jedi and there's no reason that a player couldn't spare QGJ for this squad.