Conquest difficulty

Replies

• Options
    I dunno. Doing Hard Conquest and , Fortified * 2 making this incredibly easy. :)
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I think this is a pretty easy Conquest with the disks available and the feats required.

However, I do agree with the original poster about the pass giving out the same data disk that is easily available by doing a global feat. It does reduce the value of the pass. A different data disk should have been used in the pass.

The point of the pass giving out that disk is so you can skip the global feat and still get red crate. To get the disk, you have to grind the global, but you get 1 keycard. Using the disk gets you 15 more. So with the pass, you can get the 15 without the grind.

Yes, but for the previous …6? Conquests the plus pass have awarded same in terms of skipping a feat but also a very strong and unique data disk.
    Value is decreased by the awards no longer including a strong and unique disk. And maybe even more so since the STAP feat is so easily cheesed that one is just 1 battle.

pass has been giving the global feat legendary disc. It hasn't been some great unique disc that you could get for doing the feat. IMO they have all been garbage and definitely not needed to get thru battles.

ZA conquests are all about building teams with support units. Not as much of easy button as AA/va still an easy button.

This is incorrect.
    Last 3 conquest the plus pass gave overprepared and deployable cooling systems consumables, which allowed you to skip 2 feats as well as the deadly momentum data disk.
    Deadly momentum wouldn’t work well with the disks we have this time so it makes sense it’s removed, but it’s not replaced with something of equal value.

As I recall this was similar for the 3 conquest before, but I’m not 100% certain on this.

Anyway I agree with all those here saying the conquest isn’t that difficult, just pointing out that the disk from conquest pass plus is devalued.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I think this is a pretty easy Conquest with the disks available and the feats required.

However, I do agree with the original poster about the pass giving out the same data disk that is easily available by doing a global feat. It does reduce the value of the pass. A different data disk should have been used in the pass.

The point of the pass giving out that disk is so you can skip the global feat and still get red crate. To get the disk, you have to grind the global, but you get 1 keycard. Using the disk gets you 15 more. So with the pass, you can get the 15 without the grind.

Yes, but for the previous …6? Conquests the plus pass have awarded same in terms of skipping a feat but also a very strong and unique data disk.
    Value is decreased by the awards no longer including a strong and unique disk. And maybe even more so since the STAP feat is so easily cheesed that one is just 1 battle.

pass has been giving the global feat legendary disc. It hasn't been some great unique disc that you could get for doing the feat. IMO they have all been garbage and definitely not needed to get thru battles.

ZA conquests are all about building teams with support units. Not as much of easy button as AA/va still an easy button.

This is incorrect.
    Last 3 conquest the plus pass gave overprepared and deployable cooling systems consumables, which allowed you to skip 2 feats as well as the deadly momentum data disk.
    Deadly momentum wouldn’t work well with the disks we have this time so it makes sense it’s removed, but it’s not replaced with something of equal value.

As I recall this was similar for the 3 conquest before, but I’m not 100% certain on this.

Anyway I agree with all those here saying the conquest isn’t that difficult, just pointing out that the disk from conquest pass plus is devalued.

Hmm. To be fair I stopped looking at the pass many many conquests ago when it was only a single disc since red crate is doable with out the pass
  • Options
    Let me put it this way, i used 2 GL’s already on maul sector 4 boss, both Leia and Rey failed miserably. I have 2x blue ZA, fortified, entrenched, stacking offense, voluntary vanguard yet i’m just perplexed looking at my gl teams falling like flies , the maul team getting 20-30 turns before i get one so don’t tell me this is the easiest conquest because the datadisks are utterly crap man. FIX YOUR GAME CG
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I don't like the 2000 speed S5 boss. Plus I'm loosing TM with JMK and theyre gaining TM? I thought he prevents TM manipulation.

Also realize that your characters that prevent revive sometimes DONT prevent revive in conquest because CG doesn't want it to be even easier. Just like the AI on defense has all their GAC, TW, TB omicrons turned on in Conquest while none of yours are.

Do you have any evidence of revives happening when they shouldn't? This is the first I've heard of that.

Also, I don't think CGs goal is to avoid giving people rewards - CGs goal is to entice you to spend (time, energy, and/or money) to get the rewards. There's a vast gulf between those two motivations. One is truly nefarious (also self defeating) - the other is a matter of keeping the game alive so we can all continue to play and enjoy it.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    HellScream wrote: »
    Haugs wrote: »

Skill issue.

Game’s fine. At least where this is concerned.

Get gud

Ok i will, thanks for your input, it’s my fault for failing with 2 gl’s against maul 🤣

Don't think too much of it. He's clearly not here to help. I get your frustration - the best I could recommend is to try to find ways to leverage your disks. I used JMK for that fight - Imperial Troopers might work with enough ZA and a fast Moff Gideon? Phoenix might work if you have CRex?
  • HellScream
    26 posts Member
    edited March 22
    Options
    I don’t have jmk, my gideon is low gear unfortunately. Will try with phoenix when i get energy back, but i used crex with leia,old ben,r2,drogan and failed , I don’t know if crex with phoenix will be enough since i only have crex zeta. Thanks for your input!

• Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options
    What about Traya with Malak? Or team with BAM, or Revan, or at least Savior data disk? Or adding RHan&Chewie in Leia team?
  • Gawejn
    1116 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t have jmk, my gideon is low gear unfortunately. Will try with phoenix when i get energy back, but i used crex with leia,old ben,r2,drogan and failed , I don’t know if crex with phoenix will be enough since i only have crex zeta. Thanks for your input!

Use health pack 110%. And put dash if you have, into leia team, dont use ben. 3 supports should clear maul.
  • Options
    Let me put it this way, i used 2 GL’s already on maul sector 4 boss, both Leia and Rey failed miserably. I have 2x blue ZA, fortified, entrenched, stacking offense, voluntary vanguard yet i’m just perplexed looking at my gl teams falling like flies , the maul team getting 20-30 turns before i get one so don’t tell me this is the easiest conquest because the datadisks are utterly crap man. FIX YOUR GAME CG

VV is part of your problem. It’s a great disk when paired with AA and CE but when there is no real detrimental effect from your opponent attacking from another disk, all you’re doing is forcing the AI to play smart and target your leia or rey constantly. Get rid of it for two quickenings and you’ll be happier.
  • Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

VV is part of your problem. It’s a great disk when paired with AA and CE but when there is no real detrimental effect from your opponent attacking from another disk, all you’re doing is forcing the AI to play smart and target your leia or rey constantly. Get rid of it for two quickenings and you’ll be happier.

If Ben is on your Rey team, VV can do magical things.
  • Options

If Ben is on your Rey team, VV can do magical things.

True but I suspect they lack Ben. Having only leia and rey as gls suggest they weren’t around for Ben’s conquest and rey was a LSB purchase. If I’m wrong then yeah maybe vv makes some sense but they probably still benefit more by spreading the damage and fully utilizing the entrenched disk overall even if they give up the rey Ben vv interaction five times a day.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    This is the easiest conquest in a very long time.

Yes, there is a very good reason for this.

Which is?

As far as I recall, this is the first conquest character that needs a team…and doesn’t compliment a team. Even if you have her you need to whale on the others…to me it quite obvious.
  • Options
    BitDynasty recommended set 2 so I do set 2. I'm almost done with Sector 5 and have over half my feats done.

s7apavwwk8cu.jpg
  • nottenst
    697 posts Member
    edited March 22
    Options

If you have what Bit Dynasty used give that a try. I am not there yet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFQnIjeCvWM
  • Options
    Thanks, i used 3 consumables, put han and chewie instead of crex and old ben with leia, also removed vanguard and ZA and put quickening,spirited speed,prot shield,fortified,entrenched,heal over time,stacking off. I think stacking offense disk is stacking with heal over time disk and entrenched.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    This is the easiest conquest in a very long time.

Yes, there is a very good reason for this.

Which is?

As far as I recall, this is the first conquest character that needs a team…and doesn’t compliment a team. Even if you have her you need to whale on the others…to me it quite obvious.

There's no limited time event after three conquests. No whaling required.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options

I used VV thru the entire thing to force AI to target the gl or tank. Once equipped, never removed.
    Forced undispellable taunt on your GL or healthly tank, IMO, is just as useful with ZA setup as with VA/AA setup, even more so.
    Allows your support(s) a chance to get a turn to do the big damage.
  • Options

I used VV thru the entire thing to force AI to target the gl or tank. Once equipped, never removed.
    Forced undispellable taunt on your GL or healthly tank, IMO, is just as useful with ZA setup as with VA/AA setup, even more so.
    Allows your support(s) a chance to get a turn to do the big damage.

Tbh, I was assuming the main issue was over usage of his gls due to lack of teams they felt confident in. I assumed this wasn’t going to change. It’s the only reason I could see maul team getting 20-30 attacks before his first. Removing vv was a suggestion for them alone and I should have clarified that.
  • Options
    when in doubt, load up za"s and surround dash rendar with some tanks. if he gets a turn his aoe can wipe out a whole team. he's gold in conquests that have zealous ambition.
  • Options
    Tbf I think this is the best conquest in a long time. Credit where it's due, chalk and cheese from the last few.

Feats are manageable and don't feel too grindy. Obviously if you want the red crate you need to have a certain amount of the latest tools - but I think that's okay.

The whole conquest is relatively themed to the character your trying to unlock! Although this should be minimum expectation when putting effort into a game mode. It should feel like a 'conquest' or journey to complete.

The B1 challenge is something different and fun for conquest. I hope the raid is a bit more complex and exciting though.

ZA makes everything better, as previous poster said Dash Rendar is gold.

Only disappointment is that I wish S4 boss Maul was a suped up Darth Maul you had to fight in that iconic location. Missed a trick there!
  • Options
    Where do you get the ZA disk?? It hasn't dropped in any of the disk nodes, and I've gone the hard path to see all the choices. I don't see it either as a feat reward. Is it in the conquest passes (p2p only)? Or are people trolling?
  • Options
    Where do you get the ZA disk?? It hasn't dropped in any of the disk nodes, and I've gone the hard path to see all the choices. I don't see it either as a feat reward. Is it in the conquest passes (p2p only)? Or are people trolling?

If you haven't seen Zealous Ambition, I'd just consider that really bad RNG - they're not uncommon. You may need to focus on a different strategy - though admittedly, that's unfortunate as it would set you up for a more difficult time in this conquest.

Disk RNG is (in my opinion) the least appealing aspect of conquest. Hopefully you've still got a couple of sectors to go so more opportunities for it to drop.
  • Options

If you haven't seen Zealous Ambition, I'd just consider that really bad RNG - they're not uncommon. You may need to focus on a different strategy - though admittedly, that's unfortunate as it would set you up for a more difficult time in this conquest.

Disk RNG is (in my opinion) the least appealing aspect of conquest. Hopefully you've still got a couple of sectors to go so more opportunities for it to drop.

So it does drop in disk nodes? This must be the worst RNG ever!
  • Options

So it does drop in disk nodes? This must be the worst RNG ever!

Yeah, definitely - on both counts. Sorry it hasn't come up for you. On a related note, I haven't found a VV disk, which I usually grab every time. It doesn't seem to be hurting me to not have it this time through but it's a really handy disk and kind of a bummer that I didn't get one this time.
  • Options
    I got a VV on my first node and grabbed that. Been through S5 and picked up 4 ZAs (swapped one lower % out for a higher one at one point), passed on more. So, anyone not seeing ZAs must be having terrible rng.

At this point I think I have more keycards than I recall having after one week with just the 50 crystal refreshes. All the feats look possible. This is quite a surprising Conquest.
  • Options
    The difficulty in this conquest is not because of the feats, or the data disks, even if I never saw ZA. It comes from the lack of variety of enemies. They have removed the "easy" teams like BB (CLS rebels destroyed them), rex clones, ewoks (sith empire destroyed them), etc. Now there's always starkiller, imperial troopers, sith empire, inquisitors and some padme. Between bad rng and the enemy nerf, this conquest is the most boring ever.
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    Now there's always starkiller, imperial troopers, sith empire, inquisitors and some padme. Between bad rng and the enemy nerf, this conquest is the most boring ever.

Separatists vs Inquisitors
    Bad Batch vs Padme
    JMK and Ahsoka vs Sith Empire
    DV vs Imps
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    The difficulty in this conquest is not because of the feats, or the data disks, even if I never saw ZA. It comes from the lack of variety of enemies. They have removed the "easy" teams like BB (CLS rebels destroyed them), rex clones, ewoks (sith empire destroyed them), etc. Now there's always starkiller, imperial troopers, sith empire, inquisitors and some padme. Between bad rng and the enemy nerf, this conquest is the most boring ever.

I've seen all the teams you say are removed.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Same, they haven't removed any of those.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH