Conquest difficulty

Prev13
As a conquest pass buyer i am utterly disappointed in the conquest difficulty, you guys give us the worst datadisks this round and increased every single enemy damage and tm gain through the roof. I have 5 well modded GL’s and i burn/lose a lot of energy just to fail most of the battles to do the feats. I’m at the point to stop spending to buy this conquest pass, you guys create frustration to players, at least give us good datadisks if you increase every enemy team stats going circles around gl teams.
I have entrenched, fortified, protection shield,you name it, just to see my teams barely getting a turn and ridiculed. Thank you CG, but I don’t feel like spending anymore to buy the conquest.

Replies

• Options
    You gotta use the right team for each enemy. Also, watch your stamina. If it’s low you won’t be able to beat anyone.
  • Options
    HellScream wrote: »
    As a conquest pass buyer i am utterly disappointed in the conquest difficulty, you guys give us the worst datadisks this round and increased every single enemy damage and tm gain through the roof. I have 5 well modded GL’s and i burn/lose a lot of energy just to fail most of the battles to do the feats. I’m at the point to stop spending to buy this conquest pass, you guys create frustration to players, at least give us good datadisks if you increase every enemy team stats going circles around gl teams.
    I have entrenched, fortified, protection shield,you name it, just to see my teams barely getting a turn and ridiculed. Thank you CG, but I don’t feel like spending anymore to buy the conquest.

Which pass did you buy? If you bought the plus pass you can change disks between every fight. Not that I'd want to do that but if you find you're struggling, you've got to look at the enemy team and match a solid counter to them, then stack disks that play on the strengths of your counter.

The disks we have aren't bad - they just aren't the easy button that VA/AA was. Heal over Time, Spirited Speed, Stacking Offense, and Entrenched all have great synergy. Vitality, Leaders Resolve, and Zealous Ambition all synergize with each other very well. I'm still trying to figure out if Quickening and Convors Agility play together properly - my results have been mixed with that combo - it seems to work sometimes and other times it seems I'm not getting the expected TM gain.

The neat thing about conquest is that we have the opportunity to stack the deck in our favor. Once people get used to the disks and the feats this will end up being the easiest conquest we've seen in quite a while. The feats are super accessible.

I would try to pick up a couple of Zealous Ambition disks on your way through - stacking a few of those can trivialize some of these feats. There's plenty of cheese to be had if you go looking for it - and ways to get feats done in just a few battles with the right team against the right enemy.

I hope all this helps - best of luck to you.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Well OP have one point in data disks.
    Previous conquests the plus pass gave a really good data disk, this time the plus pass gives out just booming voice which you get from STAP feat, which means it can be gotten real easy in one battle once you get to S2.

So the deal definitely feel worse.
    Also the change of disks would make the “usual” plus pass data disk less powerful as it had a lot of synergy with ruthless swiftness.
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options

Which pass did you buy? If you bought the plus pass you can change disks between every fight. Not that I'd want to do that but if you find you're struggling, you've got to look at the enemy team and match a solid counter to them, then stack disks that play on the strengths of your counter.

The disks we have aren't bad - they just aren't the easy button that VA/AA was. Heal over Time, Spirited Speed, Stacking Offense, and Entrenched all have great synergy. Vitality, Leaders Resolve, and Zealous Ambition all synergize with each other very well. I'm still trying to figure out if Quickening and Convors Agility play together properly - my results have been mixed with that combo - it seems to work sometimes and other times it seems I'm not getting the expected TM gain.

The neat thing about conquest is that we have the opportunity to stack the deck in our favor. Once people get used to the disks and the feats this will end up being the easiest conquest we've seen in quite a while. The feats are super accessible.

I would try to pick up a couple of Zealous Ambition disks on your way through - stacking a few of those can trivialize some of these feats. There's plenty of cheese to be had if you go looking for it - and ways to get feats done in just a few battles with the right team against the right enemy.

I hope all this helps - best of luck to you.

This is good advice. I have Leader's Resolve, Quickeningx2, ZA, and Fortified. My GLs with lowered stamina still go first vs. Overprepared. ZA does a ton of damage. I'm actually finding the fights in this Conquest to be way easier than normal.
  • Options
    I don’t have the heal overtime or stacking off yet, but i used my rey/cls/leia teams on some palp,gg, sk/barris nodes and i got trashed with what i have because i barely got any turns. The VA, AA, ruth swiftness disks for example from previous conquests were helping my teams to deal with sk with ease,now my cls is almost useless without those disks. I appreciate the help, but imo i still think this is a big nerf to datadisks, if they want people to buy the pass at least give more disk options,not double them from cq+ and feats. Encourage people to buy the pass not making our life harder with each conquest with lesser disks, most of us have jobs and no time to watch all the videos to cheese these feats which are getting harder and harder lately.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    This is the easiest conquest in a very long time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Hortus
    634 posts Member
    Options
    You should really try ZA disks and proper teams. Starkiller and other nasty teams just explode when attacked by squad with strong support units (50-RT droids, Inquisitors, GR etc.) In fact, sometimes I have trouble to do sector buff/debuff feats in one sector pass because my teams one-shotting opponents.
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options
    Im quite surprised by this conquest, couse i play without leader resolve and so far after four sectors, i lost maybe 3 fights max, couse of low stamina and not right team. Yes Cls team is kind of not good this time. This conquest is easier than previous one with darth bane, at least for me.
    Feats can be done very fast. I use 2 zealous, 1 fortified, one prot recovery 10%, v vanguard. It kind of works. Malak on r9 is mvp for me in this conquest.
  • LordDirt
    5054 posts Member
    Options
    I thought this was the easiest conquest and had the best discs.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Not everyone has 10+ mil gp, VA+AA is by far superior to what we get in this conquest
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    edited March 21
    Options
    Not everyone has 10+ mil gp, VA+AA is by far superior to what we get in this conquest

I didn't use that setup once last conquest either

But conquest is meant to be a roster test, maybe CG realized they made red box too easy with VA AA
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don’t have the heal overtime or stacking off yet, but i used my rey/cls/leia teams on some palp,gg, sk/barris nodes and i got trashed with what i have because i barely got any turns. The VA, AA, ruth swiftness disks for example from previous conquests were helping my teams to deal with sk with ease,now my cls is almost useless without those disks. I appreciate the help, but imo i still think this is a big nerf to datadisks, if they want people to buy the pass at least give more disk options,not double them from cq+ and feats. Encourage people to buy the pass not making our life harder with each conquest with lesser disks, most of us have jobs and no time to watch all the videos to cheese these feats which are getting harder and harder lately.

You just need to think differently with the different disks. Teams like CLS did great with VA+AA, true. They won't do as well with ZA because they are all attackers. But Padme, AdRad, any team with good supports will tear through things with ZA and Vitality. You should try some Quickening disks too. This largely negates Overprepared.

Starkiller is one of the more difficult teams. Hardly an example to use of Conquest difficulty. You could try easier squads.
  • Options
    I am having problems with some feats because the ZA disks make my squads too powerful and so they don't rack up the counts. I'll can deal with that.
  • Options
    I don’t recall an easier set of feats than this one. ZA entrenched quickening fortitude leaders resolve make a very helpful combination of disks.
  • EdSolo
    415 posts Member
    Options
    I'm finding that the disks are making some feats take longer because I'm ripping through everything like a buzzsaw. An AOE from Yoda or certain inquizies are taking out full teams. At least the same thing with sortie happens for droids kills.

This is possibly the easiest conquest ever. I'm halfway through sector 3 and I have zero clean up to do. Over half my GR battles are done. Will have both Mandos and Beq and Grogu feats done by tomorrow. Had a single battle against a MM team and got 734 momentum done. Almost every battle I have done uses a team that gets credit for some sort of feat. At this point, I think getting full keycards is a possibility without much extra effort.
  • Options
    ZA is back? I hope to find one, I really liked that disk.
  • Options
    I think this is a pretty easy Conquest with the disks available and the feats required.

However, I do agree with the original poster about the pass giving out the same data disk that is easily available by doing a global feat. It does reduce the value of the pass. A different data disk should have been used in the pass.
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think this is a pretty easy Conquest with the disks available and the feats required.

However, I do agree with the original poster about the pass giving out the same data disk that is easily available by doing a global feat. It does reduce the value of the pass. A different data disk should have been used in the pass.

The point of the pass giving out that disk is so you can skip the global feat and still get red crate. To get the disk, you have to grind the global, but you get 1 keycard. Using the disk gets you 15 more. So with the pass, you can get the 15 without the grind.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

The point of the pass giving out that disk is so you can skip the global feat and still get red crate. To get the disk, you have to grind the global, but you get 1 keycard. Using the disk gets you 15 more. So with the pass, you can get the 15 without the grind.

Yes, but for the previous …6? Conquests the plus pass have awarded same in terms of skipping a feat but also a very strong and unique data disk.
    Value is decreased by the awards no longer including a strong and unique disk. And maybe even more so since the STAP feat is so easily cheesed that one is just 1 battle.
  • Options
    The disk is not that great tbh, so why not give an unique one and not a double, or at least give us the option in conquest to roll the datadisks with energy or currency, or even credits.
  • Options
    Unless you get the right datadisks its trash you will get mowed down over and over
  • Options
    How about wait until you get through a few sectors before spending the 10 bucks on the pass? If I was ever uncertain that I couldn't at least gold box it I wouldn't spend the 10.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Yes, there is a very good reason for this.
  • Options
    It's supposed to be demoralizing and make you not want to grind it so they don't have to give you max rewards. (And quite often they put teams in with certain abilities that are made to purposely destroy your Galactic Legends, even though they are supposed to be "the top tier characters in the game")

Check out YouTube as multiple content creators that help keep this game going have different teams you can use depending on what you have and don't have.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Yes, there is a very good reason for this.

Which is?
  • Options
    I don't like the 2000 speed S5 boss. Plus I'm loosing TM with JMK and theyre gaining TM? I thought he prevents TM manipulation.
  • Smowy
    38 posts Member
    Options
    I don't like the 2000 speed S5 boss. Plus I'm loosing TM with JMK and theyre gaining TM? I thought he prevents TM manipulation.
    It's probably a CG thing, it says "remove 50% tm from the target enemy which can't be resisted" but it should be preventable given moff gideon has the same can't be resisted text but it can be prevented

• Options
    I think this is the easiest conquest ever. It makes me think that Padme is gonna suck.
  • Options

Also realize that your characters that prevent revive sometimes DONT prevent revive in conquest because CG doesn't want it to be even easier. Just like the AI on defense has all their GAC, TW, TB omicrons turned on in Conquest while none of yours are.
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Yes, but for the previous …6? Conquests the plus pass have awarded same in terms of skipping a feat but also a very strong and unique data disk.
    Value is decreased by the awards no longer including a strong and unique disk. And maybe even more so since the STAP feat is so easily cheesed that one is just 1 battle.

pass has been giving the global feat legendary disc. It hasn't been some great unique disc that you could get for doing the feat. IMO they have all been garbage and definitely not needed to get thru battles.

ZA conquests are all about building teams with support units. Not as much of easy button as AA/va still an easy button.