Biggs datacron

Prev1
Correct me if Im wrong. Why the change CG just made on Biggs dc is considered a "bug fix"? Was it a bug that he gain TM in a loop? It feels more like a nerf than a bug fix to me.
Besides, there were lots of ways to prevent his infinite loop. For example, in a Leia squad a very fast C Rex or an Old Ben.
Many of us spend some relics on him to bump him from r3 to r5. Also crystals on rerolling the datacron. It doesnt feel fair.

Replies

• Options
    Correct me if Im wrong. Why the change CG just made on Biggs dc is considered a "bug fix"? Was it a bug that he gain TM in a loop? It feels more like a nerf than a bug fix to me.
    Besides, there were lots of ways to prevent his infinite loop. For example, in a Leia squad a very fast C Rex or an Old Ben.
    Many of us spend some relics on him to bump him from r3 to r5. Also crystals on rerolling the datacron. It doesnt feel fair.
  • Options
    Maybe not a bug fix, but unintended infinite loops tend to earn / deserve a nerf. Sure, it can be stopped by some teams, but not by many and not easily, and you can pick and choose that on Offense pretty well.
  • Options
    They didn't get rid of DVs infinite loop during the Security Primer set. They set a precedent with inaction on the previous case. Players expected this cron to function as stated for the duration of the set and players have already invested resources into getting biggs crons that became (essentially) useless overnight.

This is a bad change that should not have gone through. Fix it for the next iteration of this modifier, but leave it alone mid set.

/edit Usually invalidating something that players have worked towards should be met with a make good. Run a script where everyone who has at least one Biggs cron gets something to make up for ruining all of those mats.

Absolutely agree. This is a nerf plain and simple, and a 'make good' should be issued. Materials for the current set, or just crystal equivalent would be fine.
  • Options
    The Commander Cody infinite loop was left alone ~4 datacron sets ago. Why was that one left unchanged during its entire run, but the Biggs one is too problematic and needs stripped from players mid set? It is literally the exact same affix (and this can be seen because this change retroactively changed the cody cron description on the .gg website).
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah this is a crap change, CG. I hope all your pillows are warm on both sides until you walk it back!
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    The Commander Cody infinite loop was left alone ~4 datacron sets ago. Why was that one left unchanged during its entire run, but the Biggs one is too problematic and needs stripped from players mid set? It is literally the exact same affix (and this can be seen because this change retroactively changed the cody cron description on the .gg website).

i agree that infinite loops should be fixed whenever but now that you mention it, i do remember CG saying when datacrons were first introduced the benefits of DC were there that if there were some infinite loops combos, the good thing about DCs were they would eventually expire instead of them fixing them

and that CC is a good example
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

i agree that infinite loops should be fixed whenever but now that you mention it, i do remember CG saying when datacrons were first introduced the benefits of DC were there that if there were some infinite loops combos, the good thing about DCs were they would eventually expire instead of them fixing them

But why didn’t they at one time correct the datacron for Darth Vader, who could walk endlessly, destroying any legends?
  • Options
    Dear developers. Give us a counter-team against Leia's legend made up of characters not from Conquest and not new characters. Or return the old datacron to Biggs.
    @CG_SBCrumb, @CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • DG21
    4 posts Member
    Options
    This DC set has been available for a while now, almost at its midlife. I specifically upgraded a couple weeks ago Biggs from R3 to R5 and gave a zeta to MM lead (and not to mention, spent mats for the reroll) to use it in TW and GAC. There has been no communication about a possible change. This is a bad outlook for a resource management game, to live with the feeling that everything you invest that seems worth it might be changed and nerfed down the road. You could have just let it expire and change it in the future if you ever wanted it to come back. Now I feel that I am owed some recompensation or to have my zeta mats and relics back, because I would have never upgraded them if it wasn't for the DC (which again I repeat, it is not even that it was out for few days, you saw there was a problem and fixed it. It lasted for litterally two months!). I will open an EA ticket, unless some kind of "excuse us" is given. I know it may not be your decision, but this is not how you should handle matter in a game were resources are so fundamental.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • Options
    Agreed, I specifically spent money to invest extra resources into this datacron set last conquest because it looked so good. Now with barely any use out of it the entire value of it has been taken away. To me this is as good as fraud - selling something deceitfully. We SHOULD be reimbursed for this
  • Options
    Another side note, I stopped playing for a year as a result of datacrons last year, this may well be the thing that stops me doing it again this year. Moves like this unincentivse people from spending money on your game or even playing it at all. This game is all about long graft so you HAVE to reward people for it to keep your players happy. Otherwise they might stop spending or leave. @CG_Tusken_Meathead
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Yeah, this is what confuses me a bit. Why are they 'fixing' undesired interactions in datacrons when the whole point of them was to be a temporary boost? I was pretty close to adding more relics to Biggs just for this - I have the datacron but my Biggs is R3. I imagine a fair number of people bumped him to R5 specifically for this (I know for sure at least one of my guild mates did).

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter to me what they do with it - it's just not that serious to me - but I can't help but feel like this pulls the rug out from under at least SOME players. Who knows how many resources people expended for this specific interaction?

I don't often cry "make good!" but this does strike me as one of those cases where it's warranted - in particular because (anecdotally) more and more people are giving in and buying into datacrons - anything that discourages that trend would seem ill-advised. I'm honestly not sure what harm could come of reimbursing people for their investment after changing the rules on them. The net result is that those players have what? one more datacron? How would that not be a good thing both for the players and for the game as a whole?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    I have biggs cron but he is still r3. Good i didnt care...
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

I feel like you just answered the question. They fixed it to prevent future loops.
  • wharp
    214 posts Member
    Options
    That's why IP are awful and I can't trust CG/EA anymore (or almost every games as a service), their actions are not always consistent and since they own everything you just have to accept them or leave.
    If they changed their mind, at least they should provide an explanation.

If this wasn't for SW, this game would be dead long time ago ... yeah , I'm looking at you LoTR: HOME !
  • iMalevolence
    321 posts Member
    edited March 28
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

I feel like you just answered the question. They fixed it to prevent future loops.

As I've mentioned, it's about the precedent they had already set. If the exact same infinite loop had been untouched for an entire set already, players should be able to safely assume that it won't be touched mid set this round.

Players knew this would loop under MM the day they announced the datacron set. CG should have immediately (within a day or two) made it very clear that they would be making changes to it to prevent that and then made the changes ASAP. This is not something that gets silently dropped on players 2 months after the set is released and after people have spent money/crystals and various datacron materials to acquire a biggs cron and upgrade biggs to R5 to use the cron.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

As I've mentioned, it's about the precedent they had already set. If the exact same infinite loop had been untouched for an entire set already, players should be able to safely assume that it won't be touched mid set this round.

Players knew this would loop under MM the day they announced the datacron set. CG should have immediately (within a day or two) made it very clear that they would be making changes to it to prevent that and then made the changes ASAP. This is not something that gets silently dropped on players 2 months after the set is released and after people have spent money/crystals and various datacron materials to acquire a biggs cron and upgrade biggs to R5 to use the cron.

Or maybe they didn't want to push a fix until they had it properly tested, since it was going to affect multiple datacrons?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited March 28
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    I have biggs cron but he is still r3. Good i didnt care...

Hooray
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Or maybe they didn't want to push a fix until they had it properly tested, since it was going to affect multiple datacrons?

Only one currently available datacron makes use of that modifier and that is the Biggs level 9. They could have easily waited 2 months to include the change for the next datacron set.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    wharp wrote: »
    That's why IP are awful and I can't trust CG/EA anymore (or almost every games as a service), their actions are not always consistent and since they own everything you just have to accept them or leave.
    If they changed their mind, at least they should provide an explanation.

If this wasn't for SW, this game would be dead long time ago ... yeah , I'm looking at you LoTR: HOME !

CG doesn't communicate the way we want. They never have, and they never will.

Also, way to cherry pick an example. Before this game was Heroes of Dragon Age. It ran successfully for years before GOH and continued to run until a couple years ago.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Only one currently available datacron makes use of that modifier and that is the Biggs level 9. They could have easily waited 2 months to include the change for the next datacron set.

But if the goal is to fix it for all future datacrons that use this, why wait? Because you wanted them to for your benefit isn't really a good reason.
  • Options
    They did say dcs wouldnt be nerfed or touched, because of its temporary appereance.

I do get this is a very hard refunding issue: some people just bumped Biggs from r3 to r5. Others geared up MM. Some people spent on Biggs mods, and not to mention crystals to re-roll dcs perks. I suppose some guys got it at first try, and others spent lots of resources.

Probably, a fixed make good compensation should he the easiest, if theres any of course. Some guya will be compensated, others just parcially, probably a small group will even benefit. But if you ask me, anything is better than what the current situation presents.

Also, a clear and predictable response on these kind of "fixes" in the future from CG, would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    But if the goal is to fix it for all future datacrons that use this, why wait? Because you wanted them to for your benefit isn't really a good reason.

Please, let me redirect you to one of my previous posts (that was directed at you) that explained this already.

• Options
    why wait?

Lots of people have articulated why CG should have waited. I'm inclined to agree with their reasoning.
    it's about the precedent they had already set. If the exact same infinite loop had been untouched for an entire set already, players should be able to safely assume that it won't be touched mid set this round.
    their actions are not always consistent and since they own everything you just have to accept them or leave.
    Why are they 'fixing' undesired interactions in datacrons when the whole point of them was to be a temporary boost? I was pretty close to adding more relics to Biggs just for this - I have the datacron but my Biggs is R3. I imagine a fair number of people bumped him to R5 specifically for this (I know for sure at least one of my guild mates did).

I can't help but feel like this pulls the rug out from under at least SOME players. Who knows how many resources people expended for this specific interaction?
    LouisGlan wrote: »
    I specifically spent money to invest extra resources into this datacron set last conquest because it looked so good. Now with barely any use out of it the entire value of it has been taken away.
    DG21 wrote: »
    This DC set has been available for a while now, almost at its midlife. I specifically upgraded a couple weeks ago Biggs from R3 to R5 and gave a zeta to MM lead (and not to mention, spent mats for the reroll) to use it in TW and GAC. There has been no communication about a possible change. This is a bad outlook for a resource management game, to live with the feeling that everything you invest that seems worth it might be changed and nerfed down the road. You could have just let it expire and change it in the future if you ever wanted it to come back.

For my part, this nerf isn't very impactful. But once again, the principle of the matter is what I care about. To everyone who is outraged by this, I hope you felt the same sense of outrage about the countless prior nerfs/re-balances that have occurred with zero compensation. And I hope you remember how CG handles things when you consider cracking open that wallet and supporting them financially.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Please, let me redirect you to one of my previous posts (that was directed at you) that explained this already.

No, I understand why you (and others) want them to wait. I haven't yet seen why those are compelling reasons for CG to wait. "Precedent" maybe used to mean something to them, but in the last couple of years they haven't cared very much for it.

Also, did they even specifically say they would leave a TM loop DC? Or is it like the 90 day Legendary cadence that we all made up in our heads?
  • Options

Why not wait though? They could as easily wait to apply the fix until the DC set expires - in fact that's arguably easier since it wouldn't be impacting something that's currently live in the game that players have already invested in.

I respect your opinions StarSon - so I'm wondering what you're seeing here that I'm not. It seems to me that it's a net neutral impact on the game to let the datacron run its course - but 'fixing' it just invalidates player investment while delivering what benefit?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • wharp
    214 posts Member
    Options
    why wait?

Lots of people have articulated why CG should have waited. I'm inclined to agree with their reasoning.
    it's about the precedent they had already set. If the exact same infinite loop had been untouched for an entire set already, players should be able to safely assume that it won't be touched mid set this round.
    their actions are not always consistent and since they own everything you just have to accept them or leave.
    Why are they 'fixing' undesired interactions in datacrons when the whole point of them was to be a temporary boost? I was pretty close to adding more relics to Biggs just for this - I have the datacron but my Biggs is R3. I imagine a fair number of people bumped him to R5 specifically for this (I know for sure at least one of my guild mates did).

I can't help but feel like this pulls the rug out from under at least SOME players. Who knows how many resources people expended for this specific interaction?
    LouisGlan wrote: »
    I specifically spent money to invest extra resources into this datacron set last conquest because it looked so good. Now with barely any use out of it the entire value of it has been taken away.
    DG21 wrote: »
    This DC set has been available for a while now, almost at its midlife. I specifically upgraded a couple weeks ago Biggs from R3 to R5 and gave a zeta to MM lead (and not to mention, spent mats for the reroll) to use it in TW and GAC. There has been no communication about a possible change. This is a bad outlook for a resource management game, to live with the feeling that everything you invest that seems worth it might be changed and nerfed down the road. You could have just let it expire and change it in the future if you ever wanted it to come back.

For my part, this nerf isn't very impactful. But once again, the principle of the matter is what I care about. To everyone who is outraged by this, I hope you felt the same sense of outrage about the countless prior nerfs/re-balances that have occurred with zero compensation. And I hope you remember how CG handles things when you consider cracking open that wallet and supporting them financially.

I do remember, didn't spent any money in this game for 5 years now ! (I do not support CG/EA, but I'm a junky so I still "play" this game ...)

Nerf / Balance happens and have to, people can understand that if there is an explanation on their changes but without, they just see thieves...
  • Options
    This Datacron is totally useless now. Just lost to a basic Boba / Bane / Dengar team with Wedge / Biggs / Katarn using Biggs Cron with the TM level 6. THANKS, CG.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Why not wait though? They could as easily wait to apply the fix until the DC set expires - in fact that's arguably easier since it wouldn't be impacting something that's currently live in the game that players have already invested in.

I respect your opinions StarSon - so I'm wondering what you're seeing here that I'm not. It seems to me that it's a net neutral impact on the game to let the datacron run its course - but 'fixing' it just invalidates player investment while delivering what benefit?

I understand how people could be upset by this, but it just doesn't seem like an odd occurrence to me. No one has yet produced a post from CG telling us they'll never fix a tm loop DC because it'll go away. Just because they were unable to fix (or didn't have time) it the first two times doesn't mean they hadn't always planned on fixing it. Entirely possible they put a ticket in for it the very first time and just got to it when they got to it, which happens to be now.

Also, while we're talking precedent, CG has never really cared about invalidating player investment so not sure why people expect them to start caring now.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options

I understand how people could be upset by this, but it just doesn't seem like an odd occurrence to me. No one has yet produced a post from CG telling us they'll never fix a tm loop DC because it'll go away. Just because they were unable to fix (or didn't have time) it the first two times doesn't mean they hadn't always planned on fixing it. Entirely possible they put a ticket in for it the very first time and just got to it when they got to it, which happens to be now.

Also, while we're talking precedent, CG has never really cared about invalidating player investment so not sure why people expect them to start caring now.

I don't have the Datacron but I absolutely can understand the sentiment of players that have invested in it.

CG stated themselves that they will not be fixing Datacrons because they have a shelflife. This statement alone should be enough "proof" for you On top of that, even when Datacrons had "unexpected" effects in the past, even one that was exactly the same as this one, they didn't fix it. Even more reason.

This set is out for 2 months, CG did not make a statement in which they let the players know, contrary to their own statement of not fixing Datacrons, that they will be fixing it.

For quite a while now CG "fixes" or "changes" things just because they didn't test new stuff (enough) and it seems to become a habit of them not to compensate players for it. I remember my guildies whom play for a very long time telling me how CG would always give out make goods even for trivial things. And now? It seems quite sad how a company changes the way they see and treat their customers... and I think if customers are unhappy they have a right to let their voice be heard and the company know how they feel.

It is totally ok if you do not feel that way, then you are not one of the players this concerns. But why then giving the players this concerns the feeling that they are unreasonable or "question" their concerns? This I really don't understand. Let them get their voice heard without questioning it. Where is the problem?
    We are all made of star-stuff