Biggs datacron

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone please link to the post where they said they will never fix datacrons that aren't working as intended?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Also, while we're talking precedent, CG has never really cared about invalidating player investment so not sure why people expect them to start caring now.

Nah, there's been times when they've issued refunds or make-goods specifically because they do respect player investment. Even if that hadn't ever been the case though, I don't think it's out of bounds to think they should - whether they do or not in any given situation is really anyone's guess.

I'm in a strange situation here - I'm usually in the other camp on the issue of make goods. Feels weird - but it's a rare situation where the impact to the player is significant, and the impact of a make good is at or near 0 to any metric that CG could possibly care about (assuming the make-good was restricted to datacron materials).

Regardless - I'm not crying about it - I really don't care. I would probably care if I'd have taken Biggs to R5. But to me it doesn't make sense for CG to NOT do a make-good. 0 impact on the game economy and a 0 cost 'spoon full of sugar' if you will. I can think of lots of reasons for them to do it - and no reasons not to.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • crzydroid
    7332 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Can someone please link to the post where they said they will never fix datacrons that aren't working as intended?

I don't know that they said it so explicitly. There was a comment by Crumb where he said there's more flexibility with an OP datacron because they'll expire, so it's not like nerfing a character where game balance is more of an issue. There was an implication that they'd let datacrons expire other than nerfing them, but I don't know that they've said they *never* would.

In any case, it certainly wouldn't be the first time a statement has been contradicted in late action--take the one week notice before legendary events, for instance.
  • Options

There’s no post — as @crzydroid indicated, @CG_SBCrumb said it in a livestream.
  • crzydroid
    7332 posts Moderator
    Options
    Here:

https://youtu.be/CvUuTcoxm_E?feature=shared

From about 11:25 to 12:15 is the relevant statement. Doesn't seem like anything super set in stone.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    As I expected
  • Options
    As I expected

Gives CG enough to waffle on. "Well, we never said it was for certain, but we were finding in some cases, the interaction wasn't what we intended, so some corrective action needed to be taken for a positive balance experience" or something stupid and spineless like that.
  • Padawan
    28 posts Member
    edited March 28
    Options
    In any case, even if we cant say they said not to nerf dcs in a super commited manner, the issue of refunding is open.
  • Options
    I see both sides. Personally, I find it odd for cg to care about a Tm loop dc enough to nerf but see no issue with bane SA rolling so many teams. Sure one conquest hero plus the key pilot for the almost year old fleet meta should have a mid 90s win rate vs a gl, conquest and legendary hero team (lv maul thrawn rg piet and variants). Naturally, this is also before his dc made him stronger.

I don’t have the biggs dc so not personally bothered but feel this decision shouldn’t have been made. Cause it’s so inconsistent. Well not really, we all know bane will be nerfed once they have decided they’ve milked all they can out of bane unlocks/gearing/dc farming.

• Options
    Yeah. The Biggs cron is entirely useless after the nerf. Give out a make good for wasting our resources.
  • Options
    I directly spent 1800 gems for reroll materials. On top, I also reliced hscout, and took biggs to r5.
    I also just lost a TW fight, because I've seen no notes in game, and I probably missed the Arhnald video that mentioned this. (how was this communicated, there was no big banner in game saying that you nerfed this datacron)

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead
    Whats my approach here? Do I go to your awful support to get my stuff reverted? Or do I purchase a Vault and go to Google to ask for a refund because you changed the value in game of purchased stuff?
  • Options
    I like how bokotan datacron is way stronger.. And yet untouch? 4 instant kill basic turn one againts LV. Then 5v1 team easy LV fight but hey lets fix only the old character everyone has
  • OmegaIV
    107 posts Member
    Options
    There should be compensation for us that allocated resources to maximize the benefit of this Biggs-cron. I wish I'd never seen the video about this.
  • Options
    Bump.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    not gonna happen
  • Options
    Bump.

Have you thought about changing your name to iBump?