Petition to nerf Bane

Seriously, in squad arena without omicrons he beats a full zeta GL Leia squad with very good mods,with ease ? If a 3200 kyrotech and 10+ zeta team gets beaten by a 500-600 kyro’s bane team what is the point of farming GL’s or even investing or spending money in this game if you guys release toons that beat a high investment GL?

Replies

• Options
    I love bane.

But i agree with this so much. He should not be 2 character beating Full GL's. It's insane.

Especially when one of those 2 characters is some cruddy left over sith designed to die.
  • Options
    I oppose this out-right. It's not game breaking to have one single OP toon. He's not exactly easy to get if you didn't get him in conquest. Bane is fine. In GAC he can take out exactly one team per round. No more. If you only have one single strong team to put on defense in GAC, getting rid of Bane isn't going to fix your problem.

Why do people still care about squad arena anyway?

Having said that - if this became the norm for conquest characters - that would end up being problematic. But I don't see that happening.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Lumiya
    1487 posts Member
    Options
    I oppose this out-right. It's not game breaking to have one single OP toon. He's not exactly easy to get if you didn't get him in conquest. Bane is fine. In GAC he can take out exactly one team per round. No more. If you only have one single strong team to put on defense in GAC, getting rid of Bane isn't going to fix your problem.

Why do people still care about squad arena anyway?

Having said that - if this became the norm for conquest characters - that would end up being problematic. But I don't see that happening.

I agree. For a long time CAT was the best Conquest character (imho) and it was time for a new one. I also don't see a problem in having a non GL counter for a GL, as long as not too many characters like this exist.

To OP: Padme with CAT can counter GL Kenobi. Granted it's not "just" 2 characters but still a Conquest unit (the first one even) that enables a player to beat a GL with a non GL squad.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited April 6
    Options
    A: he's fine
    B: he seems overly strong right now because he has a datacron
    C: git gud
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Presaria
    199 posts Member
    Options
    What counter do you think CG will create for Bane?

• Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options
    You can't have Bane+1 on defense in GAC and there are a couple of ways to beat it on squad arena. So he don't exactly need any "counter".
  • Options
    My point is no GL should lose against Bane, simple, when you allow a 500-600 kyrotech team to trash a 3000+ GL farm you made GL’s a joke in this game.CG has went too far and i do not agree with their aproach, you can keep your eyes closed for being Bane’s fan boys.
  • avihas
    252 posts Member
    Options
    HellScream wrote: »
    My point is no GL should lose against Bane, simple, when you allow a 500-600 kyrotech team to trash a 3000+ GL farm you made GL’s a joke in this game.CG has went too far and i do not agree with their aproach, you can keep your eyes closed for being Bane’s fan boys.

First of all, it's not 500-600 kyro. It's all the needed kyros & crystals to get the red box in conquest 3 times.
    Secondly, Darth Bane is not the 1st, 2nd or last none GL to beat a GL. An automatic "I win" condition will not happen.
  • LordDirt
    5018 posts Member
    Options

There are plenty of none GL teams that can beat GLs.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

But comparing kyro investment directly to the units defensive viability in GAC and/or TW is flawed logic. That assumes that the characters only utility is as a defensive unit in PVP which eliminates any value they might bring in TB, Conquest, GCs, Assault Battles, Economy events (SR2, EE3), and Raids. Bane is one character. Any given GL requires 15 characters at a minimum relic level - which gives you lots of options for all those other things in the game, as well as PVP teams, in addition to the GL itself.

It's fine if the only part of the game you care about is PVP, but the overall value of a unit in this game can't be measured in a hermetically sealed box that only contains PVP modes. Bane IS great for PVP - but he's one single team. He can deliver one single battle in any given matchup. This is the same thing that Wampa was doing when the omicron was put in the game - but for lots of folks at the top, Wampa is no longer useful in the capacity of an easy one-shot. So now Bane is picking up that role - and he's a much bigger investment than Wampa ever was.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • StarSon
    7452 posts Member
    Options
    Leia isn't supposed to be on defense so it doesn't matter what beats her.
  • TargetEadu
    1569 posts Member
    Options
    And Bane can’t be on Defense with Rule of Two, unless you make him be by preloading him.
  • Options
    avihas wrote: »

First of all, it's not 500-600 kyro. It's all the needed kyros & crystals to get the red box in conquest 3 times.
    Secondly, Darth Bane is not the 1st, 2nd or last none GL to beat a GL. An automatic "I win" condition will not happen.

Yeah, the amount of gl's and squads needed to do that surely trump what it takes to get 1 gl, even if she is a pain to get. Conquest, for however much you can cheese it, is still a culmination of what you can do with your roster. I'm not saying that just because I have him, I'm saying it as a king of the hill mentality. I did what I had to to get to the top, I deserve whatever I get up there. There'd be an even bigger uproar if he was a lame reward.