Thanks for nothing...

Replies

• Options
    I'm actually quite pleased rg, ani and gun are in cantina.
  • Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    Blah blah blah. Whale blah grump poooop. Blah ftp blah no whale no game. Blah blah whine. Blah blah I deserve blah blah.

Hey thanks for putting so much money in the game so that EA will provide this mostly FTP player some neat stuff. Could you put another $1000 in? I'd like to be able to farm Aayla next update.

How could you be so insulting Ouchie. You know he spent at least 5k. Don't call him a dooku on. Plus ask for another 10k. Those pixels won't appear in inv,for nothing
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Blah blah blah. Whale blah grump poooop. Blah ftp blah no whale no game. Blah blah whine. Blah blah I deserve blah blah.
    Nice summary. :lol:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RG will always be meta...now and forever...well, as of his last update...if they don't change him. Or render something he depends on as useless. Or if he decides to wear hot pink armor and cape. Or...Yeah.

Can I have the Hot Pink skin for RG? OP, that might be another $500 you'll have to put in before they open up the skin customizations.

Random217.jpg
  • Options
    RG will always be meta...now and forever...well, as of his last update...if they don't change him. Or render something he depends on as useless. Or if he decides to wear hot pink armor and cape. Or...Yeah.

Can I have the Hot Pink skin for RG? OP, that might be another $500 you'll have to put in before they open up the skin customizations.

:D

You can't have anything. But for 524 crystals you can have a chance for that hot pink skin.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Very nice cantina nodes for FTP players. Less nice for medium to big spenders who were all likely hoping for a Chromium character they could max out. The names on everybody's lips have been Maul, Aayla and Fisto.

So, I'm happy to see that many will get new and popular toons. But it feels a little sad that I don't really get anything worthwhile from this since I already have it all maxed out. :-/ Something for the paying players would be cool too, you know.

Wouldn't that open up the exclusives to the masses. Isn't that typically an anti spender move?
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Miepmorp wrote: »
    ...two words popping up in my mind... "Thanks for nothing!"

Lolz

Winner winner chicken dinner!
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Another whiny thread........shocker
  • Options
    ALL of the best chars in this game are f2p at the moment, so how can anyone complain about this? Dooku, QGJ, RG, Yoda, Rey, ALL F2P and ALL of them nearly always found on even the whale teams. One thing you can't complain about this game is that they hide all of the good chars for big spenders and don't release chromium chars at a good pace.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nice to see that f2p and low spending players are happy with these Cantina 7 toons. That makes sense.

However for those of us that are often contemptuously referred to as whales, there's nothing to be excited about.

For some reason, many f2p players seem to resent those who chose to spend money to improve faster and unlock exclusive toons.

It's very simple, no "whales" no profit for EA, no profit, no game developments, so nothing for f2p to either enjoy or complain about.

Some have misinterpreted my comments, nowhere do I express any feelings about certain hard nodes becoming easy farms for f2p, not at all.

But for many of us that pay to play, pay to improve, pay to enjoy, pay to fund the game, there's nothing new or exciting about Cantina 7.

Whales already have most heroes fully starred and geared, so I am not sure what you were expecting and why you are complaining.

Most F2P players don't resent players who spend money (not the smart ones anyway) - we love them. What we are annoyed by is whales (or people pretending to be one) who spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to unlock, star, and gear every hero to the max, then whine about how there's nothing left for them to do. That'd be like going into a grocery store, buying everything on the shelves and then complaining that there's nothing left to buy.

What exactly were you expecting from Cantina 7 that your hopes have been crushed? Some um-implied, unannounced, un-data mined, magical unicorn droid with a light saber for a horn that could shoot double blasters out its ****?

I like whales - but not whiny ones who simply think they can cry to get there way...or when they don't.

Guilds are coming - don't worry you'll get your "We're better than the peon F2P players" event. And the meta will change - so you'll be able to buy up whatever heroes are great in the new meta, while the F2P players chase it down several weeks behind. So don't get your over-priced whale panties in a bunch.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    zerizut wrote: »
    PLEASE! Explain to me again: How does a low level daily player benefit from adding 100 and subtracting 100 tokens. I still don't get it! minus one hundred plus one hundred, equals what exactly?

It helps because Arena is a regressive reward system. The higher you rank, the higher your rewards are, pushing you even farther ahead of low level players. In contrast, leveling is a progressive system. Higher levels take more gear items, training droids, shards etc. so higher players progress more slowly, allowing lower levels to catch up.

The new system allows low level players to get more tokens and higher players to get the same amount of tokens. This was always a complaint of mine and seems like a good change.
  • Options

Hey thanks for putting so much money in the game so that EA will provide this mostly FTP player some neat stuff. Could you put another $1000 in? I'd like to be able to farm Aayla next update.

+1,000 Whale blah grump poooops!!

@Ouchie THANK YOU for sharing DAKA.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Heywood wrote: »
    PLEASE! Explain to me again: How does a low level daily player benefit from adding 100 and subtracting 100 tokens. I still don't get it! minus one hundred plus one hundred, equals what exactly?

It helps because Arena is a regressive reward system. The higher you rank, the higher your rewards are, pushing you even farther ahead of low level players. In contrast, leveling is a progressive system. Higher levels take more gear items, training droids, shards etc. so higher players progress more slowly, allowing lower levels to catch up.

The new system allows low level players to get more tokens and higher players to get the same amount of tokens. This was always a complaint of mine and seems like a good change.

I'm confused. How exactly does this make lower levels get more tokens? Can you use math for me? It seems to me that it just makes people actually play 3 arena matches to get the same rewards as before. So it's really no change to anyone if you complete your dailys. But if you can use math to show me lower level players get more tokens, then I would greatly appreciate it! :)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Mittens wrote: »

I'm confused. How exactly does this make lower levels get more tokens? Can you use math for me? It seems to me that it just makes people actually play 3 arena matches to get the same rewards as before. So it's really no change to anyone if you complete your dailys. But if you can use math to show me lower level players get more tokens, then I would greatly appreciate it! :)

It doesn't. It rewards players that play 3 battles everyday - not lower level players automatically. It encourages daily activity (which has always been the point).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    "Thanks for nothing" is three words.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

A lot of us were excited at the prospect of having some previously unfarmable characters become available for stage 7 Cantina.
    After reading the announcement I can say that " The disappointment is strong with this one".

All these toons we can already farm in hard nodes and TR has been available forever in GW shipments so that anybody who wants him can get him the easiest way, no point adding him in Cantina, he's just taking up space.

So really the feeling I had in reading this annoucement was close to disgust, two words popping up in my mind... "Thanks for nothing!"

After the huge disappointment from the Shard Shop, outrageous exchange rates, extremely limited choice of toon shards a day (6) for an irrelevant number of shards (2) without possibility of refresh making it practicaly impossible to spend the thousands shard currencies we have accumulated from "unlucky" Chromium drops, yes most that drop are the same characters so that you end up with a few maxed out and others just no dropping...

After the level 80 update fiasco where your dev team failed to coherently organize the gear leveling so that we end up with a small percentage of players who had time, knowledge, foresight and ressources to quickly pre-craft and take advantage of this gross oversight (I have to believe this wasn't intentional otherwise it would make it even worst).
    This blunder has created a huge gap between haves and haves not making it practicaly impossible to compete for those who are mostly stuck in gear 8.

So there you have it, just a bad feeling overall. I still love the game enough to care about it's development thus this feedback.
    I have invested a lot of real money in it so far as it permitted me to make steady and exciting progress. But lately I've stopped buying Chromiums, the drop rate seemed biased towards the same characters and we can't do much with all the unusable extra shards.

For me it's very simple, the more I enjoy a game, the more excited I feel about my progress, the more I'm willing to spend.
    Right now the excitement and enjoyment keeps dropping, so is my spending.

But there is still hope, let's see what happens with the upcoming balance and guild updates.

The Force be with you!

1+ true words
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »

LOL Well maybe I'm wrong because I assumed there was a low rank where you received less than 100 tokens, including 0. If that were the case you would now always be guaranteed to get at least 100. Looking at the prize rankings though it looks like you automatically get 150 tokens no matter what so I don't really see the point. Unless they are only subtracting 100 from the top ranks or something I agree with you. It seems like you get -100, +100 for the same amount no matter what.

My original complaint still remains then. People who rank near the top will continually pull farther ahead of those behind them.
  • Options
    Thanks to all who pointed out that my two words were actually three, you can clearly count correctly.
    Not surprised either about the fact that some can read the letters and miss the point.

The positive side is that I realize many of you are actually happy with Cantina 7 shards, good for you, good for EA!
    From what I see everyday in my server's Arena I was under the impression that everybody already had RG.

Anyhow, thanks for your feedbacks everybody, wether you agree or disagree it's important to know what players think overall.

The Force be with you!
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nice to see that f2p and low spending players are happy with these Cantina 7 toons. That makes sense.

However for those of us that are often contemptuously referred to as whales, there's nothing to be excited about.

For some reason, many f2p players seem to resent those who chose to spend money to improve faster and unlock exclusive toons.

It's very simple, no "whales" no profit for EA, no profit, no game developments, so nothing for f2p to either enjoy or complain about.

Some have misinterpreted my comments, nowhere do I express any feelings about certain hard nodes becoming easy farms for f2p, not at all.

But for many of us that pay to play, pay to improve, pay to enjoy, pay to fund the game, there's nothing new or exciting about Cantina 7.

Whales already have most heroes fully starred and geared, so I am not sure what you were expecting and why you are complaining.

Most F2P players don't resent players who spend money (not the smart ones anyway) - we love them. What we are annoyed by is whales (or people pretending to be one) who spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars to unlock, star, and gear every hero to the max, then whine about how there's nothing left for them to do. That'd be like going into a grocery store, buying everything on the shelves and then complaining that there's nothing left to buy.

What exactly were you expecting from Cantina 7 that your hopes have been crushed? Some um-implied, unannounced, un-data mined, magical unicorn droid with a light saber for a horn that could shoot double blasters out its ****?

I like whales - but not whiny ones who simply think they can cry to get there way...or when they don't.

Guilds are coming - don't worry you'll get your "We're better than the peon F2P players" event. And the meta will change - so you'll be able to buy up whatever heroes are great in the new meta, while the F2P players chase it down several weeks behind. So don't get your over-priced whale panties in a bunch.

Exactly what Nikoms said here. Even if they put that "magical unicorn" on cantina nodes, whales (or cows, as i like to call them, since whales can't be milked) would be furious, that CG are giving away free heroes to f2p.
    So there isn't any sense to what OP wrote, it's just a rant that f2p got their hands on Royal Guard, hence his Royal tears.
  • Options

Lol priceless
  • Options
    @CPMP What was that you said about not being able to milk a whale?

http://www.labspaces.net/96706/Milking_whales_on_a_commercial_scale__not_impossible_
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

lBYwEDm.gif?noredirect
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Whale blah grump poooop.

@Ouchie

I have some incredibly well put together posts. This is by far the best sentence posted on these forums. Ever.

*bows to the Queen*

• CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

http://www.labspaces.net/96706/Milking_whales_on_a_commercial_scale__not_impossible_

Haha, this is so weird!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    CPMP wrote: »

Haha, this is so weird!

Weird? That's udderly amazing!

• Options

:worried:
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Haha, this is so weird!

Weird? That's udderly amazing!

Indeed, truly weird and utterly udderly amazing!

I've created a monster!
    I guess that's what happens when you overestimate the intellectual capacities of the average forum trolls.

My bad, I will abstain from now on.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @CPMP I wouldn't exactly call RG and Anakin 'easy farms' as they cost 20 energy / try now from what i understand. So that's a lot! If you are doing one refill a day like me...Still, as f2p, i am happy and thankful they did this!
  • Options
    What were you expecting?
    RG is the best tank in the game.
    Anakin is an incredibly long farm and he is one of the most underrated toons in the game.
    The only 'blunder' is Tusken Raider, but even then they tend to overlap a lot regardless so...

And don't forget that Snowtrooper is only farmable in chromium packs. So they added a chromium hero to cantina too. Which makes me wonder what's the OP's purpose here? It's like a 10 year old crying to his mom because they bought him iPhone 6 instead of 6 plus.

I am happy about Snowtrooper honestly....

I totally have to farm both Ima and Annakin first, but Snow trooper/RG is now third.

Got have that awesome looking empire team.

Vader
    RG
    Snow
    Storm
    Magmatroopers

That is gonna be a fun team to use I think....Especially once Vader gets up in level.....